• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

link3710

Smash Cadet
It REALLY is just a coincidence. Look, I'll even animate it for you. I know it's a stupidly unlikely coincidence, but that honestly is all it is. There's no connection to Isaac being moved or swapped or anything.
View attachment 173032
This just goes to prove the point, thank you for this!

So as we know, olimar's helmet still isn't visible on Isabelle-3, there's a slight cutoff there where certain details aren't quite matching up.

So if this was just a case of a delayed update, the seam should be gone entirely after they fixed it. But instead? We still have a seam. That proves that something was changed on Isabelle - 2 from when Isabelle -3 was created.

D

Deleted member

Y'know I wish that Isaac theory was real, but I don't think I'll be lucky enough to get a Smash game that has Ridley, Castlevania, and Isaac, so RIP.

mbvswb

Smash Journeyman
Switch FC
SW 4561 1118 2914
MTP is cringey as ****. isnt he the dumbass who took all the rosalina amiibo?

Tree Gelbman

100 Percent Done
Can someone give a basic rundown of this Saselandia guy? I don't want to be bothered to click a video.

Mango The Magician

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Mango_Magician
Haven't followed the thread in awhile so sorry for the repeated points, but two points I have:

-The website banner has the characters spread out to better account for the fact that it loops. The Grinch mural is a version with the characters more condensed since it doesn't need to loop. Thus why are we comparing them to each other over Isaac's potential spot in it? Basically we have no idea where Issac would be scooted to in the website mural but it wouldn't match the Grinch Mural.

-Assuming Isaac was cut last minute, why would he be in the same spot from September 13 all the way to when the Grinch mural is shown off, when basically everyone moves or shifts with the addition of new characters?

Whether the leak is real or not, I don't think Isaac was planned for September 13 and this is just a website glitch that happens to be coincidental.

RandomAce

Smash Champion
Alright, I know some people get upset at the whole "Isaac was delayed in the September direct" thing, but frankly, the evidence I'm seeing at this point is too much to avoid acknowledging.

Anyone remember this?

This was a small visual glitch found on the site right after the September direct. Turns out, this is where Isaac is positioned in the leaked banner.

I'm going to go so far as to hypothesize that Isaac was not the only character cut from the September direct. What if the September direct originally opened with a brief Smash segment (just a few minutes) that revealed Isaac as well as one echo, Ken or Shadow. Why would this make sense?

Because this explains the "box theory".

If Ken or Shadow were revealed in the September direct, it would explain why the alignment of the characters on the back accounts for Ken/Shadow. The image originally would have had only Isabelle photoshopped out, with Isaac being visible and the characters being aligned for Ken existing on the back. When the direct got delayed, they had to photoshop Isaac off of the box, but due to the rush job no one thought about Ken on the back. With these two characters + Isabelle the box would be filled perfectly with all characters revealed up to that point.

This also explains how they were so careless as to let the likely Golden Sun item leak in the Wendy's trailer, as the item may have been revealed in this segment or at the very least would be much less of a spoiler with Isaac revealed.

This also explains the weird hype vacuum of having two months with only Isabelle revealed as well as mitigating the strange pacing of character reveals, as if this had gone down there would only be 5 characters left to reveal instead of 7.

I know discussion of the whole Isaac and the earthquake thing is uncomfortable to some people. And trust me, I'm not a huge Golden Sun fan with any major stakes in this, so please don't think I'm trying to turn a tragedy to my advantage. I'm just seeing a lot of things suddenly line up if Isaac was removed from the September direct.
This really makes a lot of sense for why the box was the way it was.

I had a similar theory, where the people responsible knew of a couple of characters afterward, but I didn’t think that it was possibly because of the earthquake that they planned to show more.

Either way, I’m starting to head into real territory. I think that this makes a lot of sense and it points to the leak being real.

Imagine if Isaac had been revealed alongside Isabelle.

Box theory wouldn't have even been a thing.
We’ve thought about the box in the worst way possible.

ShadowGamer193

Smash Journeyman
This just goes to prove the point, thank you for this!

So as we know, olimar's helmet still isn't visible on Isabelle-3, there's a slight cutoff there where certain details aren't quite matching up.

So if this was just a case of a delayed update, the seam should be gone entirely after they fixed it. But instead? We still have a seam. That proves that something was changed on Isabelle - 2 from when Isabelle -3 was created.
This is basically what I was trying to get at lol. That seam is VERY telling that something was supposed to be there.

Captain Fun

Smash Lord
This is the weirdest Smash cycle. None of the others had people saying things like "Grinch is real" which looks extremely strange without context.

Pyra

Aegis vs Goddess
NNID
ToasterBrains
Switch FC
SW 8322 4207 9908
That better be sarcasm, my friend.
Nooooo
How could you teeeell?

I can probably still find the thread where he was complaining about Rosalina being a "hentai character". Lost so many brain cells with that conversation.
This is so over the top it’s kinda hilarious to me in a sick sort of way

A little upset I gave him a view haha

D

Deleted member

Can someone give a basic rundown of this Saselandia guy? I don't want to be bothered to click a video.
He is a nintendo sell-out, Sonic fanboy and hardcore Sony hater.

He ****ed a lot the spanish gaming comunity back when he was popular.

Most of his videos are about how Nintendo does most of the things perfect, but Sony is always the devil.

He also believes that Kingdom Hearts 3 will be the first time where Sora can morph his look, and created for a time a hunt of Crash fans online.

Imagine Mariotehplumber, but on steroids.

Untouch

Smash Master
If the images were saved in chunks, it could be an issue with compression that's causing the Olimar issue, they're JPEGs afterall.

D

Deleted member

Where there website cuts that supposedly involved potential characters, or was it to adjust?

Explanation please?

ShadowGamer193

Smash Journeyman
So many cuts where characters were leaked to be on the banner...There is something going on with these cuts that aren’t just update errors

Last edited:

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
What's the deal with Little Mac I don't get it ?
Back when Smash for 3DS was leaked through someone in the ESRB, people claimed that it was fake because they thought that Shulk's picture on the character select screen was a Photoshopped version of Little Mac.

Chrollo.

fka president wario
You know, it feels like we got a G&W hand is clipping/Wario’s eye is gone situation here

A debunk that logically makes complete sense but may mean nothing if the leak is real

D

Deleted member

ANOTHER cut...
There was a problem fetching the tweet
I feel confused
E N H A N C E
This is the weirdest Smash cycle. None of the others had people saying things like "Grinch is real" which looks extremely strange without context.
"Trailer for a promotion sponsored by Wendy's lends credence to a Smash Bros. leak perpetuated by The Grinch."
Certainly an interesting sentence.

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom