• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

LetterO

Smash Lord
Oh yeah, here's the exact quote of Sakurai on the September direct from https://nintendoeverything.com/saku...n-character-reveals-isabelles-inclusion-more/

"Apologies for my absence last week. The earthquake in eastern Iburi, Hokkaido put a hold on the Nintendo Direct, as we could no longer use the original draft we had prepared. "

I honestly have no doubts now that Isaac was going to show up in the September direct.

kevinthedot

Smash Apprentice
But Isaac's part on the banner ends RIGHT at the cutoff point, plus the other things that add up (the mysterious item, golden sun being trademarked early)
It REALLY is just a coincidence. Look, I'll even animate it for you. I know it's a stupidly unlikely coincidence, but that honestly is all it is. There's no connection to Isaac being moved or swapped or anything.
it-really-is-just-a-coincidence.gif

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
Also:

Mariotehplumber: "The smash community is ****ing toxic"

says the man who has asked everyone(likely little kids mostly) to suck his **** while telling everyone to go **** them self.

Starbound

Worlds Apart, But Still Together.
Yeah, can someone go over this?

Biggest point against the Isaac mural thing to me is the internal data.

Any valid counterpoints?
We don't actually know the internal order of the characters because, for every Smash game, the order characters were revealed never lined up with the order they were actually added to the game.

I don't think the numbering system on the website actually lines up with the internal order. And the only thing using the numbers is the website itself, and editing the images on the website takes all of 5 minutes.

MainJPW

M.T.A

LetterO

Smash Lord
It REALLY is just a coincidence. Look, I'll even animate it for you. I know it's a stupidly unlikely coincidence, but that honestly is all it is. There's no connection to Isaac being moved or swapped or anything.
View attachment 173032
There's no way it's a coincidence when you pair it along with Sakurai's statement in famitsu, the item speculated to be growth, and Golden Sun's early trademark.

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
That was....an experience. Also I’m pretty sure I’ve heard that name before??? Don’t know where though
He's the troll who bought all the Rosalina amiibos as a protest against waifu culture.

I'd stay far away from him, he only wants attention.

D

Deleted member

Also:

Mariotehplumber: "The smash community is ****ing toxic"

says the man who has asked everyone(likely little kids mostly) to suck his **** while telling everyone to go **** them self.
Like I said, the dude is a troll.

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
Also:

"I'm the biggest Nintendo fan"

Ends video with

"**** NINTENDO"

are you about that?

Graizen

Smash Champion
That's bull****, he'd probably drop it if the words "Agu" and "mon" weren't together in the same sentence.
No, im team real.
I want Agumon, but i want other characters as well.
If Agumon don't join, thats ok.

PhilosophicAnimal

Smash Ace
NNID
Spectros_rage
3DS FC
2879-0121-1583
I was under the impression everyone was aware to begin with that the mural was in pieces. The point isn't that they just lazily cropped Isaac out of one single mural image- even for a rush job the people behind this aren't that amateur.

The point is that one of those advantages being spliced is that they may not need to update every single one with each addition as characters on the other side of the mural will likely not have moved. The fact that one of the splices is right where Isaac sits would make him very easy to add in alongside Isabelle's piece of the image without having to modify other panels.
Ahh, so what you're saying is...it's not that he was cropped out specifically, but that his "segment" wasn't properly updated. Which still begs the question:

Why was that particular segment not updated properly?

Is it a coincidence? Maybe. But that's a pretty big coincidence. Honestly, this comment keeps the Isaac edit alive for me--just changes it a bit. The premise is the same, though.

beans

Smash Lord
"Okay, being real now, it could have been a glitch. But if we put it side to side with the Grinch leak, it just fits nicely. If the Grinch is fake, than the dude accounted for the **ing glitch. He accounted exactly for it. Add that to the list of how big the "Keikaku" of that guy is (TN: Keikaku means MASTER PLAN)"

-beans, Smashboards User

Yeah, like someone could have accounted for this tiny detail after Isabelle was revealed, and the delay of the direct that revealed her.
Along with masterminding the Grinch Leak in the First Place...
(The direct that was delayed was supposed to happen when an Earthquake in Japan happened in September)
Sorry for what I said then, but I just was meaning to say that its one more detail that the Grinch accounted for.
His list is getting bigger, thats all

Untouch

Smash Master
When Isabelle was added, every character left of her shifted a bit, I'm not going to overlay it to prove it because I simply do not care anymore if people still thing that this is why the banner is gliching.
That is the only reason why the banner is this way, characters to the right were not shifted.

ItsZant

Smash Cadet
I keep seeing people say the Isaac website banner edit means something, means nothing, means something, means nothing, so at this moment, does it mean something???

D

Deleted member

Also:

"I'm the biggest Nintendo fan"

Ends video with

"**** NINTENDO"

are you about that?
Sounds like someone as awful as Saselandia.

But instead of shoving a literal banana with Overwatch written on it on his butt to imply that Overwatch fans take anything awful just for having that name, he doesn’t let anyone get a collectable.

Here’s that video, for the people who want torture:

Last edited by a moderator:

Pyra

Aegis vs Goddess
NNID
ToasterBrains
Switch FC
SW 8322 4207 9908
And where in the video did he claim to make the chadondorf leak?
Nowhere. People are making the connection because of the style of trolling.

Which, of course, is inflaming a bunch of people here like intended.

Nice!

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
They wouldn't have updated either then, this stuff is manual. It isn't on a timer, they have to go into whatever dashboard they're using and update it there.
Well clearly they updated one without updating the other in either scenario.

SegaNintendoUbisoft

The Amateur Artist
NNID
S.N.U0203
3DS FC
4725-8740-7336
Mewtwo alts are probably fake.

The Isaac thing is very interesting, but from what others have shown it may something else entirely. Still, it’s very surreal.

Either this is real or the leaker has the biggest galaxy brain in the world.
4905F552-C3AC-4819-B14D-77A007010F35.jpeg

MaestroDavros

Smash Apprentice
Nah. Sakurai is a man that puts a lot of attention to detail, and we already know some characters seem to react to others in the banner. The Banjo-Snake situation is definitely not a coincidence.
I've still got over 100 pages to go before I'm fully caught up, so it may have already been brought up, but can I just say how much I love this little touch?

SSBU_Panoramic crop 1.png

SSBU_Panoramic crop 2.png

Sakurai you absolutely wonderful madman, I love you!

Ignoritus

Smash Journeyman
Ahh, so what you're saying is...it's not that he was cropped out specifically, but that his "segment" wasn't properly updated. Which still begs the question:

Why was that particular segment not updated properly?

Is it a coincidence? Maybe. But that's a pretty big coincidence. Honestly, this comment keeps the Isaac edit alive for me--just changes it a bit. The premise is the same, though.
I'll say this much: there were apparently similar issues after the 8.8 direct, so maybe this is bull**** buuuut...

If we assume once again that Isaac was supposed to be revealed, whoever was responsible for updating the site could have very plausibly only updated the panel for Isabelle figuring the Isaac panel didn't need to be updated anymore and not realized that a lot of the other characters around new characters shift very slightly which would cause the new Isabelle and old "Isaac" panel to no longer align. The issue would be fairly obvious right away but would likely take a bit to fix unless they had prepared a new version of that panel with the characters re-aligned but no Isaac.

This is of course all theory built on the assumption that Isaac was there however.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom