• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

CheckmateChuck

Smash Journeyman
I'm a little confused about the mural thing now, if the part didn't update for whatever reason, wouldn't the cut-off be much larger? Why did it only cut off Olimar and Little Mac?
edit: didn't see the part where they were the only ones that moved, my b.

Last edited:

AreJay25

May or May Not Be Pac-Man
The past 5 days:

*something pops up*

"OH ****! This is some strong evidence! It HAS to be real/fake!"

*5 minutes later*

"well actually"

GoeGoe

Smash Lord
XDDDD I can't with you man, he LITERALLY says tons of adjustments, movements and changes were made that can't even fathom someone doing for a blurred image. Or am I ****ing blind and reading it wrong?
I'm not sure if you're joking or not..
"ton of adjustments" is a figure of speech. 1000s of changes is not, it mean at least 3000-4000 changes. There's no such thing that that amount of changes went into that banner art or dicovered by that person. I dare any to count.

Again, if you weren't following, that banner art is easy to make by a skillful digital artist.

Untouch

Smash Master
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fPopz5gAOyQ

This guy (MarioTehPlumber) is claiming he was the Chad Ganon leaker.

Honestly... it makes sense *warning violent language*
I don't think you know who MarioTehPlumber is, he's a notorious ****poster.
He once tried to buy every Rosalina amiibo out there so no one else could, that's where he got his fame.
If he can show the banner in good quality I'll believe him.

IMainKingKRool

Smash Journeyman
NNID
NYEH_HEH_HEH
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fPopz5gAOyQ

This guy (MarioTehPlumber) is claiming he was the Chad Ganon leaker.

Honestly... it makes sense *warning violent language*
holy mackerel the name "mariotehplumber" is a massive throwback for me
he was notorious on miiverse and i can't for the life of me remember why, i think he did a lot of swearing and intentional violations of the rules, just generally a jerk
the about page on his channel is great too "i am the best at any games i touch i am unbeatable"

edit - :ultgreninja:'d by people who actually know what they're talking about

Last edited:

Cahalan

Smash Ace
"Okay, being real now, it could have been a glitch. But if we put it side to side with the Grinch leak, it just fits nicely. If the Grinch is fake, than the dude accounted for the **ing glitch. He accounted exactly for it. Add that to the list of how big the "Keikaku" of that guy is (TN: Keikaku means MASTER PLAN)"

-beans, Smashboards User

Yeah, like someone could have accounted for this tiny detail after Isabelle was revealed, and the delay of the direct that revealed her.
Along with masterminding the Grinch Leak in the First Place...
(The direct that was delayed was supposed to happen when an Earthquake in Japan happened in September)

StarLight42

Smash Lord
It matches up with Chaddendorf though, and in one of the videos MTP says that he hinted at a big leak coming soon before the Grinch leak aired.

Cosmic77

Smash Hero
Switch FC
2166-0541-5238
MarioTehPlumber is a name I haven’t heard since the ESRB leak
Still mad at the jerk for that little stunt he did with the Rosalina amiibos. Seriously, what kind of dude buys 3,000 Rosalina amiibos just so he can tick off her fanbase?

Actually, better question. How the heck did he fit all those cardboard boxes into his house?

Tree Gelbman

100 Percent Done
MarioTehPlumber isn’t intelligent enough to pull off even an obviously fake leak let alone the mural one. Lol.

Apu Arms

Smash Rookie
There’s still clearly a cutoff right at Olimar’s helmet in the current banner... does that still mean anything?

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
It matches up with Chaddendorf though, and in one of the videos MTP says that he hinted at a big leak coming soon before the Grinch leak aired.
I really doubt this man child with the mental capacity of a monkey is actually being honest.

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
There’s still clearly a cutoff right at Olimar’s helmet in the current banner... does that still mean anything?
If you ask me it's nothing. Mac's fist can still be shown quite a bit before you actually need to crop it away for some half-assed reason.

D

Deleted member

I'm at work, can someone give me a rundown of what I'm missing? Seems juicy...

Ignoritus

Smash Journeyman
I was under the impression everyone was aware to begin with that the mural was in pieces. The point isn't that they just lazily cropped Isaac out of one single mural image- even for a rush job the people behind this aren't that amateur.

The point is that one of those advantages being spliced is that they may not need to update every single one with each addition as characters on the other side of the mural will likely not have moved. The fact that one of the splices is right where Isaac sits would make him very easy to add in alongside Isabelle's piece of the image without having to modify other panels.

beans

Smash Lord
But we can't confirm that. We can't just call up the company and ask "hey, do you redraw backgrounds because you don't need them to be accurate?"
I know, I was just asking if someone knew what post made that assumption

Hinata

Never forget, a believing heart is your magic.
Switch FC
SW-5535-3962-2797
So, for those of you interested, the Shadow Mewtwo "leaker" said he's going to be posting more videos, and that they're going to feature new characters instead of costumes this time.

I'll give him an A for effort, at least.

Narr

AN ORB OF MANY TALENTS
NNID
LordChrom
3DS FC
1289-8310-9030
Switch FC
SW 8256 5756 1598
mewtwo colors don't line up with the demo... it's possible they've been changed, but why?

Jakenimbus

Smash Apprentice
Ok so I have seen a couple of posts trying to debunk the Issac theory. While I agree with them, I still find the cut off leak to be true only not in the way people are expecting. Most people believe the leak is fake because the murual updates in sections. What if the section without issac is the exact same length as the one in the leak and that they have the same cut off point because they are the same size? The only catch being that they are two different photos but share the same cut off point due to the pictures having the same dimensions. That would address all of the points everyone has been making. Idk if I am right but just though I would throw my ideas out there before we move on to something else.

StrawHatX

Smash Lord
"Okay, being real now, it could have been a glitch. But if we put it side to side with the Grinch leak, it just fits nicely. If the Grinch is fake, than the dude accounted for the **ing glitch. He accounted exactly for it. Add that to the list of how big the "Keikaku" of that guy is (TN: Keikaku means MASTER PLAN)"

-beans, Smashboards User

Yeah, like someone could have accounted for this tiny detail after Isabelle was revealed, and the delay of the direct that revealed her.
Along with masterminding the Grinch Leak in the First Place...
(The direct that was delayed was supposed to happen when an Earthquake in Japan happened in September)
This is why I’m not sold on trashing that idea like everyone else is.

The SUPER GENIUS GRINCH LEAKER knew all about it and placed it perfectly in his banner package for people to find slowly but surely.

But I understand why people doubt it. This whole thing is crazy...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom