• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
A message to everybody, ignore MarioTehPlumber

He's an infamous troll who loves nothing more than annoying Smash fans and claiming to be behind everything.

D

Deleted member

Also:

"I'm the biggest Nintendo fan"

Ends video with

"**** NINTENDO"

are you about that?
I never heard of MarioTehPlumber until now. Judging from what I saw, he sounds like a really bad person.

Iko MattOrr

Smash Champion
NNID
Iko_MattOrr
Any source for that? How do I find the three parts of the mural? If it really does end on mac's arm then that may change my mind about the leak.
Sorry for the late reply, but there is no way to see the parts of the murals unless you dig into the page's HTML using the development tools of your browser; that's how I fount those 2 parts.
You can do it yourself if you have enough knownledge of how to do it (it's not really that hard but it can be confusing if it's the first time you do it).

EDIT: also this post explained it well:
https://smashboards.com/threads/sma...rs-leaks-ahead.434391/page-6514#post-22614059

Last edited:

Iridium

Smash Hero
Well, less than 40 days to go. We pretty much have to get something in a week or two, because I can't see a longer wait time than that. Hoping the wait doesn't carry on too long, at least.

Last edited:

Fenzer

Smash Cadet
It REALLY is just a coincidence. Look, I'll even animate it for you. I know it's a stupidly unlikely coincidence, but that honestly is all it is. There's no connection to Isaac being moved or swapped or anything.
View attachment 173032
I tend to disagree. This kind of mistake could be (i don't know for sure so i'm only guessing) meaning that that first section was the old one, the one before Isabelle. And if they were going to reveal Isabelle and Isaac (funny enough they both start by Isa but that's irrevelant) then they needed to change those part of the banner. But with only one week to make up for the lack, they could have been a bit late with that section, used the old one because they only had the one with isaac ready at this moment, and change it quickly.

D

Deleted member

Venom but Eddy is Little Mac and Venom is Shulk.

Also, one question. Is there actually a leak about Little Mac and Isaac?

Last edited by a moderator:

CrunchyCHEEZIT

Smash Journeyman
god damn, how quick some people are to roll over and surrender on this, lmao.
I still don't buy it just being a coincidence, its literally too damn perfect. The only way I can believe that it isn't anything genuine would be if the Grinch leak was fake and the leaker used the cutoff thing as his basis for editing in the different characters.
until then, coincidence my ass.

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
I never heard of MarioTehPlumber until now. Judging from what I saw, he sounds like a really bad person.
Yeah, he made a bad name for himself in the first amiibo rush, claiming to buy up all the Rosalina amiibos purely to keep them out of everyone else's hands.

A troll through and through.

kevinthedot

Smash Apprentice
Again, that's not how the mural works.

Look, THIS is the full size of the actual mural Nintendo is deriving ALL their advertising off of. It's a 65 MB, 20Kx4K image. It is ENORMOUS.
You don't make something at THIS SCALE and then keep adding to it. You have it down perfect and then have someone make it this big. That means the original mural is the FINAL mural we'll see, with all the characters on it in their final places. They worked BACKWARDS from the full mural.
Whenever they want to make a new version of the mural, they turn off the layers of the characters that aren't yet announced, and then rearrange the remaining characters based on that to hide the gap. After that, they move the characters to make the looping version.
(Side thought: This explains why the shadows change between every version of the mural! The shadows must be a seperate layer that's remade each time the mural is updated cause if every character had a solid shadow tied to their layer, they'd have to go through hell solving all the overlapping shadows each time. Instead, no characters have shadows and every time they're done moving them around, they just draw new shadows in a layer between the background and the characters)

Once they have the versions of the mural they need, THEN they downscale and make all the material. The looping version is then cut into 6 pieces and put on the site as a gallery.
THE INDIVIDUAL PIECES AREN'T EDITED. If they had the hero_03 piece, they HAD to have the hero_02 piece since they both came from the same image at the same time before the cutting happened.

Untouch

Smash Master
I feel I need to mention this again.
The stuff that was cut from the direct was just a mention of the Natural Disasters DLC for Cities Skylines.
Simply put, Nintendo didn't create this trailer in a week.

Confirmation

Smash Ace
I keep seeing people say the Isaac website banner edit means something, means nothing, means something, means nothing, so at this moment, does it mean something???
Such is the Grinch Leak. It's stuck at "coincidence?" vs. "proof".

Mikeline

Smash Rookie
I literally cannot believe this is a fake leak at this point. That the guy would know exactly where the cuttoff point is to place Isaac in, there's no goddamn way.

StarLight42

Smash Lord
Nowhere. People are making the connection because of the style of trolling.

Which, of course, is inflaming a bunch of people here like intended.

Nice!
Wrong. He continually says "me, oops i mean the leaker" in this video. I know it's painful to watch, but try to watch the full thing before jumping to conclusions. I wasn't lying.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rzSZEiI3H_E

timestamp 1:20

Last edited:

drag0nscythe

Smash Master
No no, I want to knock every head with his Golden Kiseru (the largest one with that sound from The Mystical Ninja SNES), especially Mario. Cause Goemon is much better XD
You know, that's also a move they can consider. Since Goemon's kiseru drops or gain power turning from gold to silver to bronze and vise versa.
Hmm, rpg? hey, they met in manga. If it wasn't for Goemon Simon wouldn't be here. Goemon saved one of Simon's ancestors (Pierre, I think). Oh and he killed Dracula with one hit.. why do we even need Simon, amyright? :p
You know. That is not a bad idea for a mechanic. I had his down b as impact, but making it upgrade his weapon silver and gold, with each hit he drops a level. Would be a good mechanic.

Good idea.

Goemon saves pierre in the manga. And qas buds with simon in the rpg.

Tree Gelbman

100 Percent Done
Imagine being the guy who thought buying a ton of a character's amiibo would show Nintendo there was no interest in said character and they'd stop using them and coming forward to claim you are the mastermind behind a leak with traces to France, an actual company and more.

It's like the ending of Scary Movie when that dumb cop reveals he was the killer all along and drives off into the sunset.

Tyrathius

Smash Cadet
I literally cannot believe this is a fake leak at this point. That the guy would know exactly where the cuttoff point is to place Isaac in, there's no goddamn way.
At least that is something he theoretically could have known.

I don't see any explanation, other than him just somehow getting bizarrely lucky for things like the Growth item and ACL taking their video down.

Pyra

Aegis vs Goddess
NNID
ToasterBrains
Switch FC
SW 8322 4207 9908
Wrong. He continually says "me, oops i mean the leaker" in this video. I know it's painful to watch, but try to watch the full thing before jumping to conclusions. I wasn't lying.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rzSZEiI3H_E

timestamp 1:20
I watched the whole thing my dude

I probably just missed it cause I was laughing too hard :p

I didn’t even know you posted about it

Nekoo

Smash Master
NNID
Almazu
3DS FC
0259-0278-5162
Ahem, I guess I'll explain in more Further detail Why the placement during the September Direct means nothing and I'm 99% sure about it.

Part 1: How the banner on the website work

What everyone thing is a single image on the website to make the scrolling banner is actually multiple pictures that loop/load seamlessly to make the actually scrooling and looping banner we know and have.
Here are the six pieces of the puzzle that are used for it, straight up from the Website.

Part 1
Part 2
Part 3
Part 4
Part 5
Part 6

Then, when you put all of the puzzle togethers with a bit of magic/Photoshop/Pain we get...

Tadaaa! The picture that is made to be looped.
Please, take in mind that the looped picture isn't the same as the mural we all see during event or at the end of the directs. And is specially made for the website only with some characters place being changed to make this possible.

Part 2: The Problem with the Post 8.8 Direct and Isabelle's Direct.

After the 8.8, glitch who are extremely similar to the one that happened during Isabelle's direct occured. As shown by Fenriraga Fenriraga .

The explanation for this is simple.

Everytime a newcomer is announced, Nintendo need to update the Website banner, but as you saw, it is Pretty full already. So what do they do? They make places, and basically shift ALMOST all newcomers altogether to make more place.

But what do that means?
That means that they have to update EACH piece of the puzzle that is part of the mural. Each of the 6, and EACH of the 6 push all characters in it.

Want me to prove it? Very well~
Let's take a look, at the whole september banner with the 8.8 Direct website problem.

Pretty disgusting uh?

Well, the explanation for it is very simple, and is a great way to show why the Isabelle thing is nothing with a single Exemple

Exemple1.png

Right is the current glitchless banner.
Left is the 8.8 Direct glitch banner.

We see characters twices...Why? Well, it's pretty easy...Don't you see someone missing next to Pac-man?
Exactly, Dark Samus is missing and Shulk and Pac-man are pretty close alongside a part of ZSS being here.
But weird, the Pac-man in the current banner is also in the same place close to Ganondorf in the right and left pics but Shulk is now close to Peach?

Why is that?
Nintendo at the time, forgot to Update the Part 5 of the murral puzzle with the change. But then you might come to me and say... "But Nekoo! How comes we see the character twice?!"

Pretty easy, as we can see in the other glitch that happened in the 8.8 Direct, Richter and Chrom are here, meaning that Part 6 of the puzzle updated and Part 6 and 1 have a problem to loop correctly.
The explanation is simple. Nintendo at the time, forgot to Update the Part 5 of the mural with Dark Samus, While EVERY OTHER PIECES with Richter/Simon/Chrom/K.Rool were updated...

And as I told you in the first part, Nintendo seems to shift ALL characters everytime on the Website banner, meaning they Need to Update ALL of the 6 pieces to keep the Illusion of the Loop.

Basically, the glitch is due to Nintendo forgetting to Update ONE part of the 6 pieces everytime there an announcement, problably hasty to post all updates, and end ups breaking the Loop effect, creating the Glitch that you can see with Isabelle/Little mac, or here with Pac-Man/Shulk and the missing Dark Samus.

There a big change that the Piece 3 with Isabelle was Updated, shifting Little mac to give her a place, but Piece 2 wasn't updated, and since Piece 2 have a part of Little Mac gloves, it made him seems broken.

Last edited:

ShadowGamer193

Smash Journeyman
There is still a slight cut off near the end of Olimar’s helmet that goes up to Mac’s glove. If it was just still updating after Isabelle’s inclusion, why can you still see the cut off even after it updated? There was a post earlier that posted a pic of it but it’s pretty far back by now I think.

Iko MattOrr

Smash Champion
NNID
Iko_MattOrr
I tend to disagree. This kind of mistake could be (i don't know for sure so i'm only guessing) meaning that that first section was the old one, the one before Isabelle. And if they were going to reveal Isabelle and Isaac (funny enough they both start by Isa but that's irrevelant) then they needed to change those part of the banner. But with only one week to make up for the lack, they could have been a bit late with that section, used the old one because they only had the one with isaac ready at this moment, and change it quickly.
When a new character is added, every character is moved: this means that if the version of the mural that ended with Little Mac was supposed to have Isaac too, it would have been even different from that.
Anyway, doing a new mural is very fast for them, they have all the artworks and the background, they just need to paste them/activate the layers and move them a bit. Probably the only thing they must do by hand is drawing the shadows each time, and it wouldn't require a week.
It's very unlikely that they updated only a prat of the mural before having a complete version to publish.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom