• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

beans

Smash Lord
Okay, so can someone confirm me this: The background doesnt need to be accurate, because the company itself doesnt need it to be acurrate and they made it themselves?

Fane

Smash Journeyman
That Mewtwo leak is fake, no doubt.
-No audio other than menu music
-Recolors are just the default with filters
-Shadow Mewtwo is just colored black with the shoulder spike, no attention to detail whatsoever
-Spin-offs in Pokemon are generally ignored in Smash
-Zoomed in to Mewtwo specifically, as to not show even more how blatantly fake it is

Luigi The President

Smash Hero
Not sure if this was noticed, but the mural is actually in pieces, so it's possible the 'Isaac' slice simply wasn't updated at the time:

View attachment 173027
Iko posted this earlier. The part of Olimar that's cut off would be affected by more than a slice. The "slice" that would cut off Olimar barely shaves off his helmet. As we see in the supposed Isaac match-up thingy it was quite a bit more shaved.

RandomAce

Smash Champion
I've never really bought that theory. If they planned to show Isaac, why didn't they just show him in the next direct and show Isabelle's in the one after?
These counterpoints I feel have the easiest answers.

Maybe, you know, both were planned to be shown, and they just removed Isaac’s portions?

Either way, the fact that this weird crop possibly showed up after Isabelle’s reveal is in the same spot where Isaac is in the leaks is definitely interesting, and it can point to the leak being real.

Last edited:

Arcanir

An old friend evolved
NNID
Shoryu91
3DS FC
4253-4855-5860
You do realize information can be condensed and expanded right? So you could easily expand the information about Isabel over time to cover up the blog post that should have belonged to Issac.
Except the three were her debut trailer, character trailer, and memory, none of which are additional compared to the majority of the characters. All of that was probably planned for her and little implies it was changed to fill slots.

Untouch

Smash Master

shinhed-echi

Smash Hero
NNID
punchtropics
3DS FC
5301-0890-0238
What about SA-X? And why can't she be an alt-costume for Dark Samus, because that would seriously be amazing.
I mean, her chances are really slim, unless they go Marth on her, but would be grand having her be part of DS's colors.

D

Deleted member

Okay, so can someone confirm me this: The background doesnt need to be accurate, because the company itself doesnt need it to be acurrate and they made it themselves?
I don't think there's any way we can confirm that.

TheCrystalCave

Smash Cadet
I love GameXplain. My favorite Nintendo channel, in fact. However, after the Grinch leak has been all but confirmed today at this point, if they don't say something, it's gonna start looking even more suspicious.

Luigi The President

Smash Hero
How does it feel knowing your sassy son's dead, but his twin brother who's not as sassy is okay?
How does it feel?
If Geno's in this game, I'm making a Sassy Geno Mii so they can be reunited.
Like a ****ed up Frankenstein's Monster-Astro Boy abomination recreation of my favorite emo son.

That's how it feels, Shroob.

kevinthedot

Smash Apprentice
Guys, please, PLEASE stop jumping on stuff without properly looking into it or thinking about it more.

The "Isaac was edited out cause mural!" thing wasn't a "Bad crop" it was the site not updating properly. The place where olimar and mac were cut was the seam on the looping mural on the website.
The looping mural is 6 seperate images in a gallery that moves. They leave the site up while updating it rather than taking it down, updating, then putting it back up. Because of that, some parts can update before others. The mural pieces hadn't all updated to the new version yet.

I even recreated it here. On the left is the 8/8 version of piece 2. On the right is the Isabelle version of piece 3.
Piece 2 hadn't updated when that anon took that screenshot. That's it. The reason the seam only goes on Little Mac and Olimar is cause they're the only ones on the seam that moved between the 8/8 and Isabelle versions. Bowser, Ike and Dark Pit didn't move.

And besides ALL that, think about things a bit clearer. What everyone is suggesting isn't even how the mural works.
The mural is a GIGANTIC 20kx4k digital painting. Every character is FULLY DRAWN and on their own layer. If they really did chose to hastily remove Isaac, it would have been just a matter of turning off his layer and moving characters back to where they were in the last version. There'd be no cropping to start with cause every character is a full thing on their own separate layer.
Their effects are also on the same layer as the character, as you can tell by seeing how the cloud from Luigi's rocket moves with him as the mural changed. Isaac's vines would be the same deal. So don't go around saying "LOOK, THERE'S EVIDENCE OF THE VINE" because no, there literally would never have been. Those vines are certainly tied to Isaac's layer.

Please, before you start coming up with wild theories about why something may look weird, do your research and find out how the thing works to begin with.

Luigi The President

Smash Hero
Guys, please, PLEASE stop jumping on stuff without properly looking into it or thinking about it more.

The "Isaac was edited out cause mural!" thing wasn't a "Bad crop" it was the site not updating properly. The place where olimar and mac were cut was the seam on the looping mural on the website.
The looping mural is 6 seperate images in a gallery that moves. They leave the site up while updating it rather than taking it down, updating, then putting it back up. Because of that, some parts can update before others. The mural pieces hadn't all updated to the new version yet.

I even recreated it here. On the left is the 8/8 version of piece 2. On the right is the Isabelle version of piece 3.
Piece 2 hadn't updated when that anon took that screenshot. That's it. The reason the seam only goes on Little Mac and Olimar is cause they're the only ones on the seam that moved between the 8/8 and Isabelle versions. Bowser, Ike and Dark Pit didn't move.

And besides ALL that, think about things a bit clearer. What everyone is suggesting isn't even how the mural works.
The mural is a GIGANTIC 20kx4k digital painting. Every character is FULLY DRAWN and on their own layer. If they really did chose to hastily remove Isaac, it would have been just a matter of turning off his layer and moving characters back to where they were in the last version. There'd be no cropping to start with cause every character is a full thing on their own separate layer.
Their effects are also on the same layer as the character, as you can tell by seeing how the cloud from Luigi's rocket moves with him as the mural changed. Isaac's vines would be the same deal. So don't go around saying "LOOK, THERE'S EVIDENCE OF THE VINE" because no, there literally would never have been. Those vines are certainly tied to Isaac's layer.

Please, before you start coming up with wild theories about why something may look weird, do your research and find out how the thing works to begin with.
Hm. Yeah.
I'm willing to trash the Isaac thing.

ThreeT

Smash Apprentice
It's funny how every character has some evidence for appearing in this game

Ken:
Heavily rumored by Vergeben
Possible Box Theory
Ken Leak which is one of the few leaks that has yet to be disproved.

Shadow:
Jon Cartwright hints in a video as a semi-clone with Chaos Control and Rocket Launcher
Shadow's absence from an Assist Trophy and possibly being replaced by Knuckles

Isaac:
Item that appears to be similar to a Growth appears in Wendy's trailer.
Cropped part of banner image that fits exactly where Isaac would have been placed
Sakurai posting an image with Rathalos that's similar to Golden Sun Gameplay
Possible delay from Semptember Direct.

Geno:
Heavily rumored Square Enix Rep
Sakurai wanted him to be in the game in Brawl and put him as a Mii Costume in Smash 4

Mach Rider:
Gun that Sakurai ordered from mecha toy for reference in Ultimate . Looks almost exactly like Mach Rider's gun.

Chorus Kids:
Rumored by Gematsu leak in Smash 4
Evidence of Rhythm Heaven inclusion in game data as well as the Ghost from Rhythm Heaven appearing in Smash Run

Banjo & Kazooie:
Phil Spencer says he's okay with them being in Smash.
Minecraft content rumored by Insiders which means Microsoft involvement in Smash
Papagenos source which has ties to a Microsoft worker who apparently knows that Banjo and Kazooie are in the game.

Edit: Am I missing anything?

Last edited:

Chrollo.

fka president wario
Sassy Geno is in the game don’t let the Project M mod fool you that was another Duck Hunt scenario from Smash 4. I know this because The Lorax told me so.

Drarky

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
1607-4919-4337
This **** is playing out like an Ace Attorney case.
Not one of the recent ones either, more like the last case in Justice for All. Or the extra case in the DS version of the OG game.
With the ammount of twist and turns we're having, this is more like a Danganronpa final case kind of deal. We have so much going on that you can barely follow it all!

beans

Smash Lord
I don't think there's any way we can confirm that.
Thre has been a discussion between user in this thread, where one used a post that said the background doesnt need to be accurate, because the comapny doesnt need it to be accurate

LetterO

Smash Lord

But Isaac's part on the banner ends RIGHT at the cutoff point, plus the other things that add up (the mysterious item, golden sun being trademarked early)

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
Kind of hard to keep up with all the new info popping up. Now I'm actually excited for news again, since I want to see just how much of this is true, and if something we didn't expect came up, I wonder how crazy this place will get.
Well we're well on the way to 7000 pages. Mostly because the whole mess moves so fast we need to recap everything every ten pages.

Cosmic77

Smash Hero
Switch FC
2166-0541-5238
Good Lord, this can't be healthy for me.

One minute Isaac is all but confirmed and Team Fake is absolutely crazy. Now the Isaac theory looks like a coincidence.

We're back to square one for the fifty-eighth time today.

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
In case the Isaac thing hasn't been debunked yet, what actually happened is they updated a chunk of the banner, but missed one.
This is hero_02 (archived, from before Isabelle was revealed).
https://archive.fo/YGTz9/f885b4cca49b0dc035228f8adee39d38175a6710.jpg

This hero_03 (right now)
https://www.smashbros.com/assets_v2/img/top/hero03_en.jpg

Put them together, you get this.
View attachment 173028
AKA what people are seeing and using as evidence.
Sorry.
I'm fully on board with the possibility it's simply site error, but what's to stop the hero_02 section from not having been updated because they needed to go and change it?

Last edited:

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407

Man I ****ing love sweet irony.

D

Deleted member

Thre has been a discussion between user in this thread, where one used a post that said the background doesnt need to be accurate, because the comapny doesnt need it to be accurate
But we can't confirm that. We can't just call up the company and ask "hey, do you redraw backgrounds because you don't need them to be accurate?"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom