• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Luigi The President

Smash Hero
Still team fake at full force, Marina did a Facebook post saying that all these rumors were damaging the company's image, so I can't see why the second company wouldn't ask that bank to remove that video for the same reason; people were using it to damage the company's image.
It doesn't mean anything for the leak.
Also, if I remember, the video didn't include any proof, it was only showing that the company uses professional devices like any other company.

Also, the mural glitch means nothing, the mural is splitted in sections and one of the sections happens to end exactly on Little Mac's glove.

Then why's Olimar also cut off

AreJay25

May or May Not Be Pac-Man
I want to believe it's real because it's Shadow Mewtwo.

But come on man. We went through this wringer with the Rayman leak.

JacobLeBeauOFFICIAL

Smash Lord
NNID
JacobReal!
Switch FC
SW-4350-2362-0253
Looove how some people are falling for the ****ing Character select screen video. Almost as if the rayman smash thing never happened back

Last edited:

beans

Smash Lord
Actually, there's a second one, and it's here to this day. Duck Hunt's tail is misaligned, and it lines up (at least somewhat, I only did a glancing comparison) with Shadow.
I can chain this reply with something important, please everyone PAY ATTENTION
What if all the Grinch 7 are alligned in the boundary of the moving images?

So that if a glitch happened there, we could instantly go back to the leak.
I know this sounds like Im using all the tin foil in the world, but its something to think about

Noipoi

Howdy!
*Somewhere in Japan, December 2015*

Employee, "Sir....? Have you finalized the roster decisions?"

*Slowly, Sakurai turns around in his chair, strumming his fingers together, a mad look in his eyes*

Employee, "....sir?"

Sakurai, "....all of them."

Employee, "....all of them, sir?"

*Standing up from his chair, Sakurai SLAMS the palms of his hands down onto the desk*

Sakurai, "ALL OF THEM! RIDLEY! K.ROOL! ISAAC! ISABELLE! MACH RIDER! CHORUS MEN! AND GET ME KONAMI, SQUARE AND MICROSOFT ON THE PHONE....... we have... 'business' to discuss."
A transcript of Sakurai's business deal with Square has been unearthed.

GIMME GENO

D

Deleted member

*Somewhere in Japan, December 2015*

Employee, "Sir....? Have you finalized the roster decisions?"

*Slowly, Sakurai turns around in his chair, strumming his fingers together, a mad look in his eyes*

Employee, "....sir?"

Sakurai, "....all of them."

Employee, "....all of them, sir?"

*Standing up from his chair, Sakurai SLAMS the palms of his hands down onto the desk*

Sakurai, "ALL OF THEM! RIDLEY! K.ROOL! ISAAC! ISABELLE! MACH RIDER! CHORUS MEN! AND GET ME KONAMI, SQUARE AND MICROSOFT ON THE PHONE....... we have... 'business' to discuss."
Super Smash Bros. Ultimate Roster Decision (2015) (Artist's Rendition)

EVERYONE.png

StrawHatX

Smash Lord
You aren't looking
Have you seen any of the Battlefield disrepancies? That's team fake's main point, and it's a good one.
I have been looking. The background differences and the Insiders’ Incineroar. Those are the things Fake has. Compared to all of the things Real has and is constantly finding.

All I’m saying is I’ve yet to see Fake find any other evidence against this leak because it seems they can’t. They have to just argue the new, pretty convincing evidence Real is always finding.

Last edited:

Potato_

Smash Lord
So this new banner thing is suddenly making the whole "Isaac was cut due to the earthquake" thing okay to talk about? We can actually discuss it as a possibility?

I'm iffy on it personally, leaning more towards no. But I do think Isaac's in regardless.

The papagenos video provides an interesting theory, but it also makes a lot of assumptions. I'm also iffy on it.

But enough has happened on discussion around the Grinch leak to tilt me towards believing it. If I'm wrong I'm wrong, I'm fine with that, but I do think the coincidences and oddities around it are starting to become too numerous to ignore. Either this leak is fake and the leaker has all the luck in the world on their side for everything to line up according to their plan, or it's real. And at this point believing its real requires less mental gymnastics for me to justify.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
E3 Colors for reference:

Pathetically fake. Looks like they just put a color filter over his default render
Also, the colors are different and less varied.
Much better black costume

GoeGoe

Smash Lord
Yeah, your end of it:

https://www.reddit.com/r/smashbros/...f_the_leaked_mural/?utm_source=reddit-android

Smh read up on something before you make claims you don't even understand
DID YOU EVEN READ THAT YOURSELF!!! Where are the 1000s of changes?
You do know that resizing is part of transforming a layer, do you, or you don't?
When you strat to grasp and do some actual digital art come back to discuss this. Don't cover your lack of understanding with bloated calims please.

Guynamednelson

Smash Legend
NNID
Nelson340
3DS FC
2105-8742-2099
Switch FC
SW 4265 6024 9719
Ohhh, OHHHHHH, well then... let's hope he shows more

Edit: still looks pretty fake. All the alts look filtered
Another problem is that the orange crystal is supposed to be on the other shoulder.
367px-Pokkén_Shadow_Mewtwo.png
EDIT: I apologize to anyone who liked this post, but the video has the crystal positioned correctly, Bulbapedia's render is mirrored. It's just been a long time since I played Pokken.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

So half of the users here are freaking out because Shadow Mewtwo is in the game, and the other half is less than impressed because the video looks fake as heck.
To hell with Dark Mewtwo.

I got another Metroid rep in the form of a skin.

Sakurai just owned my birthday.

Cap'n Jack

Smash Lord
So this new banner thing is suddenly making the whole "Isaac was cut due to the earthquake" thing okay to talk about? We can actually discuss it as a possibility?

I'm iffy on it personally, leaning more towards no. But I do think Isaac's in regardless.

The papagenos video provides an interesting theory, but it also makes a lot of assumptions. I'm also iffy on it.

But enough has happened on discussion around the Grinch leak to tilt me towards believing it. If I'm wrong I'm wrong, I'm fine with that, but I do think the coincidences and oddities around it are starting to become too numerous to ignore. Either this leak is fake and the leaker has all the luck in the world on their side for everything to line up according to their plan, or it's real. And at this point believing its real requires less mental gymnastics for me to justify.
This is how I feel as well

Paperchampion23

Smash Champion
Actually, there's a second one, and it's here to this day. Duck Hunt's tail is misaligned, and it lines up (at least somewhat, I only did a glancing comparison) with Shadow.
Why duck hunt? He's not even close to shadow and ice climbers and toon link are before him

Smashoperatingbuddy123

Smash Legend
Jesus christ
This september Isaac stuff kinda makes sense
*sweating nervously*
*hyperventilating*
GULP
I JUST WANT MY CAT BOI TO BE IN, OKAY
Calm down

As people refuse to believe this dlc is very likely

And now when I’m looking at fake arguements now

Now I’m having trouble seeing if it’s good explanation or denial now

But I’m still being safe and sorry with 50/50 leaning toward real but assuming fake

D

Deleted member

This **** is playing out like an Ace Attorney case.
Not one of the recent ones either, more like the last case in Justice for All. Or the extra case in the DS version of the OG game.

Rayman001

Smash Cadet
If you're gonna accuse me of ignoring posts, then why'd you ignore my post stating I just got home 30 minutes ago?
You didn't.

I was just outdated. So forgive me.
Reading now.
I sent this to you twice in the last 10 minutes, but the first time went completely unnoticed by you, that's what I mean.

Last edited:

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
ITS ****ING REAL
Ok...

Remember the Rayman leak? This could be another case of that.

Surely we'd have gotten a Shadow Mewtwo render when the press pack went out. Heck, it revealed Crafted Yoshi when he was still unknown.

Luigi The President

Smash Hero
It's not a good one, second time I'm sending this, stop ignoring it: https://smashboards.com/threads/her...-smash-ultimate.446390/page-676#post-22610301
I'm back and this proves nothing to me.
"Artistic anomalies"...but not for like any of the characters, just for specific, hard to see structures, way in the background, and only a few of them, huh?
Not sure that lines up for me.

I sent this to you twice in the last 10 minutes, but the first time went completely unnoticed by you, that's what I mean.
Buddy I've got 14 alerts at a time. Sorry.

Last edited:

Misery Brick

Smash Ace
NNID
miserybrick
3DS FC
0361-6354-4079
Gonna main Game & Watch for this
You got it all wrong.
That's a Blue Shirt Bart reference.
That...literally proves nothing.

It would've been better to show footage in a match.
I'm going to go out on a limb and say this entire leak is fake btw.
If he's able to take a video of it in-game that'd be great, but I doubt it's going to happen.
And him not willing to show footage beyond the renders, is pretty telling imo.
Plus the Shadow Mewtwo skin would be the first time Smash referenced any Pokémon spin off titles, so that'd be... interesting.

Either way, I'm really hoping we get an SA-X color for Dark Samus.

Arcanir

An old friend evolved
NNID
Shoryu91
3DS FC
4253-4855-5860
Also, while the banner is curious, it's highly unlikely that Isaac was pushed back. If anyone remembers the internal blog entry data, we were missing about three or four blog posts from the Friday it was supposed to release. Three were filled up by Isabelle and related content, heavily implying that she exclusively was planned for the direct.

Paperchampion23

Smash Champion
DID YOU EVEN READ THAT YOURSELF!!! Where are the 1000s of changes?
You do know that resizing is part of transforming a layer, do you, or you don't?
When you strat to grasp and do some actual digital art come back to discuss this. Don't cover your lack of understanding with bloated calims please.

XDDDD I can't with you man, he LITERALLY says tons of adjustments, movements and changes were made that can't even fathom someone doing for a blurred image. Or am I ****ing blind and reading it wrong?

Cosmic77

Smash Hero
Switch FC
2166-0541-5238
I have been looking. The background differences and the Insiders’ Incineroar. Those are the things Fake has. Compared to all of the things Real has and is constantly finding.

All I’m saying is I’ve yet to see Fake find any other evidence for this leak because it seems they can’t. They have to just argue the new, pretty convincing evidence Real is always finding.
Team Fake is almost outnumbered 10 to 1. How can you say Team Fake can't find anything when there's far more people looking for evidence to support Team Real?

Team Fake does have some good points. There's just fewer people digging around to help find answers.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom