• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

SushiRoll

Smash Apprentice
When I joined the board I was like 55-45 real-fake. I'm now 99% real.

If this thing was fake the arguments for it would become weaker and weaker every single day.
It's day 5, and not only has that not happened, the arguments have become stronger and more robust every day.
I could see a cowinky-dink here or there, but THIS many? Naw, that's too many mental gymnastics even for me.

Luigi The President

Smash Hero
TO be fair it seems like people CAN’T find any evidence to disprove the leak and people all the time are finding stuff that help it.

It just seems like Team Real is constantly finding new things to support it and Team Fake is always trying to disprove them.
You aren't looking
Have you seen any of the Battlefield disrepancies? That's team fake's main point, and it's a good one.

Hinata

Never forget, a believing heart is your magic.
Switch FC
SW-5535-3962-2797

Here's the video the dude promised.

ShadowGamer193

Smash Journeyman
The issac proof

I'll do you one better. While looking for the glitched mural for Isabelle I found this:
https://gamefaqs.gamespot.com/boards/234547-super-smash-bros-ultimate/76999813

-First comment

"This is exactly where I thought Issac would go"

Holy **** is he not that wrong.

When isabelle was announced a huge glitch with the banner was on the site that had bowser clipping into ike and olimar. The exactly way the glitch is split is in the exact spot that Issac is in in the leak.
My mind is going to melt I can’t handle it

PhilosophicAnimal

Smash Ace
NNID
Spectros_rage
3DS FC
2879-0121-1583
Interesting thing to consider about the Isaac image crop: if the banner is indeed fake, and the leaker(s) used the post-September direct glitch to determine where to put Isaac...that would mean this entire (supposedly fake) leak was planned, staged and executed in the time since that info was available, so a little over a month.

All of this, in a little over a month. Is that realistic? You decide.

Smashoperatingbuddy123

Smash Legend

I just saw the cut line thing from after Isabelle was added how did I missing that

And coincidently it’s exactly where Isaac is (or close) so maybe Isabelle was suppose the real character 69 and Isaac and Isabelle was suppose to be on the side of the box

This just keeps getting better and better for team real

And as for the costumes need to actually see them in action to be convinced for those

Jakenimbus

Smash Apprentice
Here is what I don’t get assuming the Issac direct theory is fake. Why would the cut be very similar to the one on the website on the one in the leak. Either the guy is a genius or the leak is true and I am pretty sure the guy isn’t a genius so it must be true. It would make just way too much sense for the direct to feature two smash reps instead of one. If you can’t acknowledge that this leak has more going for it then the average leak, then you don’t understand that this leak is a truly special leak. Way too many coincidences in this leak for it to be fake at this rate. Even if the issac theory was just a result of them uploading the pictures too fast, you do realize that they could’ve just switched out issacs’ photo with another one which would explain why the cut is in the place as the grinch leak because the photos would be the same length and height.

KingBroly

Smash Lord
Dude... has nobody pointed this out before? Have we seriously gone a whole 6 weeks without a single person noticing that until now?
People assumed it was an unremarkable graphical glitch at the time. I attributed it to my browser. Recent revelations have changed the context

Shroob

Sup?
*Somewhere in Japan, December 2015*

Employee, "Sir....? Have you finalized the roster decisions?"

*Slowly, Sakurai turns around in his chair, strumming his fingers together, a mad look in his eyes*

Employee, "....sir?"

Sakurai, "....all of them."

Employee, "....all of them, sir?"

*Standing up from his chair, Sakurai SLAMS the palms of his hands down onto the desk*

Sakurai, "ALL OF THEM! RIDLEY! K.ROOL! ISAAC! ISABELLE! MACH RIDER! CHORUS MEN! AND GET ME KONAMI, SQUARE AND MICROSOFT ON THE PHONE....... we have... 'business' to discuss."

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
Video is likely fake. Now if I see a gameplay match with someone not in the demo I'll buy it.

KMDP

Smash Legend
TO be fair it seems like people CAN’T find any evidence to disprove the leak and people all the time are finding stuff that help it.

It just seems like Team Real is constantly finding new things to support it and Team Fake is always trying to disprove them.
Just a couple of days ago, Team Fake were pulling things up that would serve to disprove the leak, which would often get counter-disproved shortly afterwards.
Jesus christ
This september Isaac stuff kinda makes sense
*sweating nervously*
*hyperventilating*
GULP
I JUST WANT MY CAT BOI TO BE IN, OKAY
THEN YOU MUST BELIEVE

Believe in papagenos papagenos

(And all those who believe Incineroar is/was pushed back for DLC, like myself).
They're both pretty flat.

this joke is referencing Samus' tone of voice in other M. Please refrain from replying with "hurdurr boobz". I know she's stacked.
HURDURR BOOBLEZ

Last edited:

Iko MattOrr

Smash Champion
NNID
Iko_MattOrr
Anyone on team fake is just sticking their heads in the sand right now.
Still team fake at full force, Marina did a Facebook post saying that all these rumors were damaging the company's image, so I can't see why the second company wouldn't ask that bank to remove that video for the same reason; people were using it to damage the company's image.
It doesn't mean anything for the leak.
Also, if I remember, the video didn't include any proof, it was only showing that the company uses professional devices like any other company.

Also, the mural glitch means nothing, the mural is splitted in sections and one of the sections happens to end exactly on Little Mac's glove.

Flon

Smash Cadet
If he was able to post screenshots of the models in game, why a video only of the menu with no additional information of the CSS?

The first thing comes to mind is because "that'd be too much effort to recreate" which automatically just makes me stop believing in it.

Last edited:

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
I refuse to believe they just colored Mewtwo one singular color instead of keeping his colors from Smash 4

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom