• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Paperchampion23

Smash Champion
Ah, but I said art wise. A pro-photoshopper is not necessarily an artist. I think an artist with some photoshop skills can do it easily. I can prove it if I was allowed to upload some media here >:/

Yeah I saw the details. No there're no adjustments, just resizes. It's a given if you want to move those layers to fit your charcaters and make it look real.
There are adjustments lol... New art was added to like 20 different characters. Nearly every single character on the banner was moved to accommodate the 7 and adjusted (like 1000s of little changes that squeeze characters ever closer together or further apart, you aren't looking hard enough). Additionally characters were moved entirely to new places, which has happened before many times in banner upsares.
There's actually zero resizing with any of the characters in the leak.

D

Deleted member

Nothing confirms that the leak is real until we see the leaked characters in action.

But like I said earlier, it’s been a good day for people who think it’s real. IF this is real, then holy schnitzel.
This. This so much.

Let's not celebrate too early...We're most likely only a week or so away from the end. Let's be patient and see how this all plays out.

Fenriraga

You have the strength to overcome your destiny!
Writing Team
NNID
DarkAura
No, I don't have the old murral pictures from the website since they're all up to date now, so I'm using the current one in the website to demonstrate my point.

The point being that the mural on the website is multiple picture separated and that, everytime a newcomers is added on the WEBSITE mural, all newcomers are shifted.

However, Nintendo is too hasty and end up updating only the newcomers part of the "new puzzle piece" that is the website banner.

It happened also RIGHT after the 8.8 direct, where Nintendo AGAIN had the SAME issue and updated ONLY the part of the banner with newcomers announced.

Look here, Ryu is broken because it was part of the Puzzle where Richter was
Looping transition broken because of Chrom
Ness/Pac-man because of Dark Samus

Etc... etc...

It's nothing.
Okay, but here's the difference.

The 8.8 problem was clearly a graphical issue, as characters overlapped themselves multiple times on MULTIPLE parts of the site.

After Isabelle, this seems to be the ONLY "graphical hiccup" on the entire banner. And it just so happens to line up PERFECTLY with Issac's position.

It's possible the Grinch person could have KNOWN about this hiccup, and the "Issac Earthquake Theory", but that's a VERY BIG IF on a massive list of ifs already.

Last edited:

Maxoxpower

Smash Ace
Maybe the guy who made the Grinch leak saw that glitch and placed Isaac there because he thought ahead and figured Isaac was cut from the direct....

I'm not convinced.
SO call him the einstein of fake leak because he got many things right
i think its maybe us whe see everything right for the leak to be true :p im more team real but ho well
i dont want to get only ken and incineroar after that

Nekoo

Smash Master
NNID
Almazu
3DS FC
0259-0278-5162
Okay, but here's the difference.

The 8.8 problem was clearly a graphical issue, as characters overlapped themselves multiple times on MULTIPLE parts of the site.

After Isabelle, this seems to be the ONLY graphical hiccup on the entire banner. And it just so happens to line up PERFECTLY with Issac's position.
Because Isabelle was the only new reveal.

The 8.8 direct had like 5

Radical Bones

Soul King
Switch FC
SW-3027-1027-5433
Lol okay so anyone can take a screenshot on their phone and zoom for proof but here's the Olimar/Little Mac poor editing:
SmartSelect_20181029-084350_Gallery.jpg
Pretty damning.

Das Koopa

Smash Master
Writing Team
NNID
NebulaMan
3DS FC
2938-7117-6800
Going out to dinner. Calling fake on the costumes fwiw

Arcanir

An old friend evolved
NNID
Shoryu91
3DS FC
4253-4855-5860
As a counterpoint, :ultbayonetta: and :ultcloud: and :ultcorrin: certainly had much less than a year of development time, and they all turned out fine. (Well, "fine" being subjective in the case of Bayo :V)

And that was with a supposedly smaller team since they were DLC.
The datamine shows us that two of them were worked on at least as early as April, June (?) for the third, and they could've easily have started earlier since the previous patch came out in January, giving potentially three more months. That means that at worst they had 8 months to work on one of those characters, twice the amount suggested for Banjo with a team almost exclusively dedicated to working on those characters and not on things like the Classic Mode, debugging the entire game, and other such things.

Comparatively, Banjo would have to be far more rushed then any of those three characters, and that's ignoring the balancing issues all three of those had.

Last edited:

Eru13

Smash Apprentice
i'm not too versed on the whoel blog post number system but couldn't they just have just easily rearranged the order of the planned blog posts if they needed to reschedule something.
Nope, when the direct was delayed the blog skipped a few numbers, which were almost perfectly filled after the direct aired with Isabelle-related posts

DiamondJoyride

Smash Cadet
I'm gonna be absolutely honest, the clipped banner artwork is incredibly convincing for me.

Although I won't be disappointed or surprised if this leak is faked by some witchcraft, I can't deny the evidence anymore, really :/

CrunchyCHEEZIT

Smash Journeyman
I wonder how many "coincidences" we're gonna have to get it until people acknowledge things as more than nothing,.

T3Z3R1

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-5579-0990-8199
According to said leaker, he mentions that Shadow Mewtwo just replaced black mewtwo costume at e3.

guys, I THINK WE ARE DEALING WITH SIMILAR SITAUTION TO MECH RIDLEY.

GoeGoe

Smash Lord
There are adjustments lol... New art was added to like 20 different characters. Nearly every single character on the banner was moved to accommodate the 7 and adjusted (like 1000s of little changes that squeeze characters ever closer together or further apart, you aren't looking hard enough). Additionally characters were moved entirely to new places, which has happened before many times in banner upsares.
There's actually zero resizing with any of the characters in the leak.
Sorry, do you really know what you're talking about? have you ever dealt with digital art pieces?
1000s of little changes!!? ON THAT BLURRY IMAGE!!? I think this ends here.

Fortnite4Smash

Smash Apprentice
I hate to bring up potential bad news. But we saw the exact length of the direct (not the estimate) as it originally was before it was cancelled. And wasn't it the exact same length as it was when it actually aired? I really hope someone proves me wrong.
dont quote me on this but I believe the Direct that showed K Rool went a bit overtime

D

Deleted member

Yo, can we maybe get someone like vaanrose vaanrose or Artsy Omni Artsy Omni to give comments on this.

I'm having a hard time not getting excited. There are so many dang coincidences with this leak that I gotta stop and wonder if I'm just being stubborn at this point.

It's slowly becoming a larger conspiracy for it to be fake than it is for it to be real.

Sigran101

Smash Master
NNID
Sigran101
IIRC the direct is 38 minutes when it was said to be 35.
IIRC it said about 35 minutes but the exact length was 38 minutes and some amount of seconds. And then the length didn't change the second time. I could easily be wrong and I hope I am but that's what I remember. Please tell me I'm wrong.

MasterOfKnees

Space Pirate
NNID
KneeMaster
Switch FC
SW-6310-1174-0352
While I'm not sure I buy into PapaGenos' theory about Banjo only being secured at E3, largely because it depends on a lot of assumptions, I 100% agree that this is not a fake leak that has been created by some guy trying too fool us, it's such a convoluted situation with so many layers to it, I think that's completely out of the question, I really do think that the printing company had these materials sent by Nintendo.

In the scenario that this isn't our roster I even find it more likely that Nintendo are protecting the real roster by sending out fake banners for the first iterations of promotional prints, so in case something like this happens they've got themselves covered, and if it doesn't they'll feel more comfortable sending the real deal for actual merchandise and such. Now I would find that incredibly disrespectful to any companies they send those to, and there's the question of whether Nintendo would even be allowed to do that with the 3rd party characters, but crazy things happen in the industry these days, and I just can't convince myself that there's some guy out there who's using his one of a kind intelligence to mess with Smash fans. Seriously, if someone in a crime movie had set up such a convoluted plan I'd have called it unrealistic.

Again, that does not mean that it isn't fake, the video game industry and the measures companies take to try and avoid leaks these days are sometimes crazy, and I could see Nintendo being particularly cautious in this regard as the previous Smash was the subject of one of the most notable video game leaks ever. But I'm confident that this isn't just one guy pulling everyone's nose, because the story has gotten way out of hand for that to be the case.

Last edited:

JacobLeBeauOFFICIAL

Smash Lord
NNID
JacobReal!
Switch FC
SW-4350-2362-0253
Yo, can we maybe get someone like vaanrose vaanrose or Artsy Omni Artsy Omni to give comments on this.

I'm having a hard time not getting excited. There are so many dang coincidences with this leak that I gotta stop and wonder if I'm just being stubborn at this point.

It's slowly becoming a larger conspiracy for it to be fake than it is for it to be real.
Omni is avoiding the leak.

Pyra

Aegis vs Goddess
NNID
ToasterBrains
Switch FC
SW 8322 4207 9908
Why double color Game and Watch though?
Well, if you think about it, if you were going to try and give everyone interesting alts, what could you do with Game and Watch?

Probably this.

Not that I think it's particularly real, but I don't think it's THAT weird lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom