• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member

You got it all wrong.
That's a Blue Shirt Bart reference.

I'm going to go out on a limb and say this entire leak is fake btw.
If he's able to take a video of it in-game that'd be great, but I doubt it's going to happen.
And him not willing to show footage beyond the renders, is pretty telling imo.
Plus the Shadow Mewtwo skin would be the first time Smash referenced any Pokémon spin off titles, so that'd be... interesting.

Either way, I'm really hoping we get an SA-X color for Dark Samus.
Dude, the SA-X skin was in the same leak with the Game & Watch ones.

Potato_

Smash Lord
Mewtwo thing looks real bull**** to me.

"Here's all these gameplay pictures, but for the actual video I'm gonna use the roster screen, conveniently not showing you the demo roster either."

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
This **** is playing out like an Ace Attorney case.
Not one of the recent ones either, more like the last case in Justice for All. Or the extra case in the DS version of the OG game.
Including the tedious video analysis scene.

Luigi The President

Smash Hero
Also, while the banner is curious, it's highly unlikely that Isaac was pushed back. If anyone remembers the internal blog entry data, we were missing about three or four blog posts from the Friday it was supposed to release. Three were filled up by Isabelle and related content, heavily implying that she exclusively was planned for the direct.
Yeah, can someone go over this?

Biggest point against the Isaac mural thing to me is the internal data.

Any valid counterpoints?

Jakenimbus

Smash Apprentice
Also, while the banner is curious, it's highly unlikely that Isaac was pushed back. If anyone remembers the internal blog entry data, we were missing about three or four blog posts from the Friday it was supposed to release. Three were filled up by Isabelle and related content, heavily implying that she exclusively was planned for the direct.
You do realize information can be condensed and expanded right? So you could easily expand the information about Isabel over time to cover up the blog post that should have belonged to Issac.

Cahalan

Smash Ace
The mewtwo video might be fake as heck, but I wouldn't put it past Sakurai to revamp some recolors here and there.

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
Last edited:

monadoboy

Smash Lord
There’s no way the mewtwo thing is real

That’s either a glitch or artsy Omni all over again
That's an insult to Omni tho, this Mewtwo thing is pure garbage. Costumes don't match up to the E3 costumes and the crystal is supposed to be in the other shoulder like someone pointed out here.

Last edited:

Confirmation

Smash Ace
iirc there was a ton of issues with the blog posts, up to and including the numbers between Japan and US not matching at one point. There was some suspicion being thrown around last month about them catching on to us using them to predict content and them going back to patch up the numbers.

Chrollo.

fka president wario
Here's a quick bullet points of what I think happened with the info we got from Spawn Wave, Mystic, and papagenos papagenos

- I do believe that Incineroar was the last decided roster pick, however at the time I do not think he was viewed as low priority. However, with the decision to bring everybody back among picking out newcomers from the Ballot or just general fan outcry, he was probably based off of concept art like Greninja was, except Greninja didn't nearly have as many obstacles in front of him as Incineroar did.
- Spawn Wave and Mystic both said that "Some of the characters on the mural were real, but it doesn't line up with what people have seen". That sentence was more than likely talking about their sources instead of their own eyes. And I doubt Ken was the only fighter that's considered real on that mural, as they specifically mentioned characters. Shadow was "predicted" by Jonneh in an oddly specific way in one of Gamexplain's discussions apparently, so you can take that as good as confirmed. And Spawn Wave seemed specifically doubtful of Geno, Banjo, and Isaac, so that leaves Chorus Kids and Mach Rider as the last two from the mural who may be some of the "real characters". Chorus Kids were cut from Smash 4, so they're probably a given, and every installment since Melee has gotten a retro rep, so it's not unlikely in the slightest that Ultimate gets one. And in Mach Rider's case, he was confirmed for Melee.
- Spawn Wave, Vergeben, and Mystic to a lesser extent mentioned a 3rd character. To give context to what Mystic said, he was told by multiple people that there may be 3 characters left or 7. Verge said the 3rd character would be a Square Enix rep, but he doesn't who nor if they're base game or DLC. Spawn Wave has heavily hinted at it being Sora and he would be revealed at the VGAs, which would likely mean DLC due to it being a day before Ultimate releases. What does that mean for Geno? Papagenos mentioned how Square sends out multiple different characters as leak bait to try to curb leaks. Now, I don't think Sora is leakbait in the slightest, however I don't think that Sora ruins Geno's chances at all. In fact, I think Sora was who was decided on in late development which is how Spawn Wave found out quickly while Geno was still kept underwraps via leak bait from Square. Sora being decided on late into development would also explain why he'd be revealed at the VGAs. He's a big name, yes, but he wouldn't have as much work on him as the others do, which is why Spawn Wave initially mentioned how said other character's lack of inclusion could've been from timing. It'd also explain why Verge doesn't know the situation of the Squeenix rep because he may have heard both Geno for base game or Sora for DLC, or even both switched around. Also, Nekoo Nekoo mentioned awhile back that the "Ruffled Feathers" leak was probably concerning Square due to the dude who reported it being a Square insider. And if it was the Chadandorf leak that ruffled feathers like Papagenos' Source thinks then Geno's inclusion in it is probably what set Square off.
- However, I don't believe for a second Banjo was JUST decided on at E3. On the other hand, I do think that the deal may have been finalized at E3. I think they were working on Banjo months prior to E3 under a handshake agreement which is a common practice in the business. I'm not gonna act like a law expert or anything, but I know for a fact a ton of big corporations use handshake deals initially before doing paper work. The most recent example is the whole Disney/Fox deal. Disney and Fox originally just agreed to a handshake agreement which is why even after the first press release about Disney inquiring them Comcast was still pursuing Fox; Because due to no Paper Work, Fox could've easily pulled out of the agreement due to no paper work being signed if Comcast made them a better offer. And I think that may be why nobody knew of Banjo. Due to it being a handshake agreement, Banjo was probably worked on in secret due to the possibility of Microsoft possibly pulling out. Incineroar was most definitely more ahead of Banjo in terms of work, but I think Pre-E3, Banjo at least had a model and a moveset done.
- As for Isaac? **** if I know. Isaac could've just been in a K Rool situation where not many people knew of his inclusion (Though, we only know that Verge didn't know). The Rathalos pic was definitely one big Golden Sun reference. The Sprout Item is nowhere near confirmed to being the Growth Psynergy from GS, but it's plausible enough. The September Direct? Honestly who knows. That weird cropping on the Isabelle banner is definitely suspect, along with the banner not even being in the direct, but other than that Isaac is probably the real sore thumb here as personally I can't think of a reason why people wouldn't have known about him.
- As for Incineroar? I don't think he was cut for Banjo. I think Incineroar is simply a MewTwo situation, where they had no time to finish him in time for the base game so they opted for DLC instead. The Chadandorf leak stated that Dixie, Ray MK, and Monster Hunter was cut so more cuts happening in such a short development cycle despite how big the team is isn't unlikely. Unlike those three though, Incineroar was seen as a big enough priority to at least be worked on as DLC.
- One last thing but remember when I mentioned a few times in this thread how Nintendo may have made multiple fake murals as leakbait? Now I don't think that at all, and think if the insiders DID see visual evidence of the mural, it was simply outdated. Banjo's disappearance on it would be explained by uncertainty of his inclusion due to the deal being a handshake deal pre-E3, Geno's disappearance on it would be explained by Square requesting Geno NOT being on it due to risk of leaks. Isaac on the otherhand I have no idea. Incineroar's disappearance on the leaked one can easily be explained by the possibility of him getting MewTwo'd. And Sora is likely DLC, so he wouldn't even be on it.

NOTE: I AM NEITHER ON TEAM REAL OR TEAM FAKE, I'M TEAM I DON'T KNOW WHAT THE ****S GOING ON. I'M JUST TRYING TO PIECE EVERYTHING TOGETHER UNDER THE ASSUMPTION THAT THE LEAK IS REAL AND CONNECTING IT TO ALL THE RECENT INFO WE GOT FROM MYSTIC, PAPAGENOS, AND SPAWN WAVE.

Edit: The ****s a MewTwo thing??

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Not one of the recent ones either, more like the last case in Justice for All.
Instead of a blackmail letter, we present proof that Incineroar isn't in the game to someone who claims he is, they claw their face while yelling FAKE FAKE FAKE over and over again, and then Shelly de Grinch promises to return the roster unharmed.

I'm still not 100% convinced, but we'll see what happens. Things have got pretty crazy.

KMDP

Smash Legend
There's a glitch in the last one though...
If you mean the blob of orange, that's intentional, it's a reference to Shadow Mewtwo from Pokken.
Ahhhh, the good ole sound of nostalgia *and uncontainable hype*
I promised myself I would post a certain video if/when Banjo was confirmed.
"Uncontainable Hype", you say?
I'll post the video again if Banjo is actually confirmed for real.

Rayman001

Smash Cadet
I'm back and this proves nothing to me.
"Artistic anomalies"...but not for like any of the characters, just for specific, hard to see structures, way in the background, and only a few of them, huh?
Not sure that lines up for me.

Buddy I've got 14 alerts at a time. Sorry.
My takeaway from this was actually that the empty mural was most likely not sent to the company by Nintendo, but created by the company. That means it makes sense that the places they can't see don't fit with the actual background exactly because the company has no reason to look for the actual background in the Internet, which is why the discrepancies make sense.

It's okay, this was just the post that convinced me the background doesn't matter and you kept bringing it up and I got unreasonably annoyed.

CosmicQuark

Smash Master
If you mean the blob of orange, that's intentional, it's a reference to Shadow Mewtwo from Pokken.

I promised myself I would post a certain video if/when Banjo was confirmed.
"Uncontainable Hype", you say?
I'll post the video again if Banjo is actually confirmed for real.
Oh I remember that, I think there's an eight hour version :rotfl:

I dunno. I'm really trying to keep myself from going from 70% to 95% certain that this is true. It just--fits together, so perfectly.

Last edited:

Iridium

Smash Hero
Remember, Shadow Mewtwo looks like this:

Almost everything would have to look similar, even the tail (which wasn't seen, of course). I doubt that almost every detail was caught, and editing always exists, so...

Last edited:

StrawHatX

Smash Lord
Team Fake is almost outnumbered 10 to 1. How can you say Team Fake can't find anything when there's far more people looking for evidence to support Team Real?

Team Fake does have some good points. There's just fewer people digging around to help find answers.
THeres a lot of smart people on both sides and it’s been close to a week now since this leak showed up.

I personally think at this point the leak is real or we have the greatest mastermind behind it that was 100 steps ahead of everyone else. Doesn’t mean it’s real, I just think at this point it’s too hard to deny.

I feel like a lot of people on Fake just don’t want to give in because they’re afraid of the possible disappointment.

Flarzo

Smash Cadet
Still team fake at full force, Marina did a Facebook post saying that all these rumors were damaging the company's image, so I can't see why the second company wouldn't ask that bank to remove that video for the same reason; people were using it to damage the company's image.
It doesn't mean anything for the leak.
Also, if I remember, the video didn't include any proof, it was only showing that the company uses professional devices like any other company.

Also, the mural glitch means nothing, the mural is splitted in sections and one of the sections happens to end exactly on Little Mac's glove.

Any source for that? How do I find the three parts of the mural? If it really does end on mac's arm then that may change my mind about the leak.

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
Kind of hard to keep up with all the new info popping up. Now I'm actually excited for news again, since I want to see just how much of this is true, and if something we didn't expect came up, I wonder how crazy this place will get.

Hinata

Never forget, a believing heart is your magic.
Switch FC
SW-5535-3962-2797
Someone explain Shadow MewTwo’s connection to all of this I’m so confused
There isn't a connection. The Shadow Mewtwo "leak" and the Grinch leak are two entirely separate entities.

Gentlepanda

Meme Maestro
NNID
Panda
Switch FC
2255-1434-0335
Not sure if this was noticed, but the mural is actually in pieces, so it's possible the 'Isaac' slice simply wasn't updated at the time:

unknown.png

Fenriraga

You have the strength to overcome your destiny!
Writing Team
NNID
DarkAura
So people , do you think Geno's body will change when he attack?

Like a cannon?
I always thought his cannon form would make a good recovery move. Transforms into it and launches himself, basically.

If not, Geno Flash will almost definitely be his Final Smash.

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
Man, miss a day and you miss 200 pages and new theories that build up on the one theory. Deja vu.

So people , do you think Geno's body will change when he attack?

Like a cannon?
That's implying the leak is both real and he is in the game.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom