• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member

I think this is now my favorite thread on Smashboards lul

Last edited by a moderator:

Noipoi

Howdy!
And the 2nd G&W in that image looks like he has a scar on his head?

Like, if we're getting 16 colors per character, that's amazing, but double-colored G&W looks hella odd.
Scar Game and Watch?

BROTHER! HALP ME!

beep boop beep

NNNGGGAAAAAAAAGHHH!!!!*dies*

KingBroly

Smash Lord
And the 2nd G&W in that image looks like he has a scar on his head?

Like, if we're getting 16 colors per character, that's amazing, but double-colored G&W looks hella odd.
Maybe it's a Mr. Rogers colors? Turtle-neck and all

D

Deleted member

IIRC the direct is 38 minutes when it was said to be 35.
I distinctly remember they said it was only supposed to be 35.

Nintendo Direct estimates are usually off by a bit. Make of that what you will.

SciCore

Filthy Casual
These are some of the other glitches on the site.

(Courtesy of @Fenriraga)

View attachment 156380
View attachment 156381
View attachment 156383

While it's strange that the placement lines up closely with Isaac, it's probably nothing.
While true... note how those glitches run through the full height of the banner. The Isaac one only affects Mac and Olimar, while Ike right above them looks fine.

The Isaac situation seems to be a specific section edited out, while these look like issues with the banner looping on the site.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

I’m sorry, but the freaking SA-X skin was a perfect gift for my birthday.

Thank you Sakurai, you made the best gift today.

Starbound

Worlds Apart, But Still Together.
Okay so what if:

- We get a single trailer dropped on Nintendo's Youtube this week that confirms Isaac and Geno, and announces the "Final Smash Direct" next week.
- Final Smash direct starts with Chorus Kids trailer, the reveal of Ken and Shadow in the final echo role, an intermission Mach Rider trailer and closing on a Banjo trailer

And then in January/February when we get the Q1 direct, we get our first DLC announcement.

D

Deleted member

Lol that's isn't Isaac, it's his son Matthew
I know, I was commenting on how leak!Isaac isn't his (IMO) superior adult design with the beard. There was no way they'd choose it over the more well known design, but I dig it so much.

Last edited by a moderator:

Cosmic77

Smash Hero
Switch FC
2166-0541-5238
I wonder how many "coincidences" we're gonna have to get it until people acknowledge things as more than nothing,.
To be fair, compare the number of people looking for things that support the leak to the number looking for things that contradicts it.

If the shoe was on the other foot and most people were pulling up evidence that didn't support the leak, I'm sure most people in this thread wouldn't be considered crazy for having doubt.

StarLight42

Smash Lord
I think people are believing that costume leak too quickly, now that i've analyzed it more

but i'd be glad to be wrong

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
What "this"
The issac proof
And the funniest thing about this entire mess? Dark Dawn came out eight years ago today.
I'll do you one better. While looking for the glitched mural for Isabelle I found this:
https://gamefaqs.gamespot.com/boards/234547-super-smash-bros-ultimate/76999813

-First comment

"This is exactly where I thought Issac would go"

Holy **** is he not that wrong.
What the **** did I miss
When isabelle was announced a huge glitch with the banner was on the site that had bowser clipping into ike and olimar. The exactly way the glitch is split is in the exact spot that Issac is in in the leak.

ShadowGamer193

Smash Journeyman
While true... note how those glitches run through the full height of the banner. The Isaac one only affects Mac and Olimar, while Ike right above them looks fine.
Exactly. If it’s was just like those other times, why wouldn’t the cut go all the way up?

KMDP

Smash Legend
I distinctly remember they said it was only supposed to be 35.

Nintendo Direct estimates are usually off by a bit. Make of that what you will.
There's also the fact that they might just round down the time of the direct to a multiple of 5 (definitely not up, never round up for this kind of thing, it would raise expectations unfairly).

Last edited:

CannonStreak

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
Man, look how far we have gotten with all these pages with the leak talk. At this rate, we'll reach page 6969 in no time!

StrawHatX

Smash Lord
To be fair, compare the number of people looking for things that support the leak to the number looking for things that contradicts it.

If the shoe was on the other foot and most people were pulling up evidence that didn't support the leak, I'm sure most people in this thread wouldn't be considered crazy for having doubt.
TO be fair it seems like people CAN’T find any evidence to disprove the leak and people all the time are finding stuff that help it.

It just seems like Team Real is constantly finding new things to support it and Team Fake is always trying to disprove them.

ButterGeek

Smash Apprentice
Jesus christ
This september Isaac stuff kinda makes sense
*sweating nervously*
*hyperventilating*
GULP
I JUST WANT MY CAT BOI TO BE IN, OKAY

link3710

Smash Cadet
Okay, but here's the difference.

The 8.8 problem was clearly a graphical issue, as characters overlapped themselves multiple times on MULTIPLE parts of the site.

After Isabelle, this seems to be the ONLY "graphical hiccup" on the entire banner. And it just so happens to line up PERFECTLY with Issac's position.

It's possible the Grinch person could have KNOWN about this hiccup, and the "Issac Earthquake Theory", but that's a VERY BIG IF on a massive list of ifs already.
Actually, there's a second one, and it's here to this day. Duck Hunt's tail is misaligned, and it lines up (at least somewhat, I only did a glancing comparison) with Shadow.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom