• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

JustCallMeJon

Smash Lord
3DS FC
3067-7373-5050
Switch FC
SW 4274 8573 0226
Some fun video I wanted to show you..

Yes, Sakurai ACTUALLY retweets it.

There was a problem fetching the tweet

I'm not gonna lie but this is some very great poses!

Finally, straight culture finally did something.

Rayman001

Smash Cadet
Yep, I am.
Can't explain away some Battlefield disrepancies.
Incineroar and the insiders against it.
The character not even in the mural.

As I told you yesterday Jacob, I want this to be real. So. Badly. Geno's my 2nd most wanted, B&K is my "never even considered" most wanted, I love the Chorus Kids, Mach Rider would be badass, Shadow's a most wanted, Ken's cool and Isaac for his fans.

But like I've said time and time again...I'm not gonna let my heart be broken.
If you're still hung up about the background, I advise you to read this:
https://smashboards.com/threads/her...-smash-ultimate.446390/page-676#post-22610301

It certainly changed my mind.

CrunchyCHEEZIT

Smash Journeyman
one banner discrepancy doesn't undo the fact that nintendo still announced a new AC at the direct. they also probably don't have that many characters left so multiple smash reveals during a general direct wasn't possible.
well the Grinch leak suggests otherwise, and the fact this lines up so perfectly with the Grinch banner suggests otherwise as well.
there is absolutely nothing saying that they couldn't have dropped Isaac in the Direct alongside Isabelle and her AC announcement. this idea is backed up with the fact that Sakurai himself claimed they made hasty changes to the Direct - don't you think its odd for him to say that if he didn't even appear in the Direct we saw?

T3Z3R1

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-5579-0990-8199
God, I can feel that ultimate hype train is almost going to crash at its destination IN ****ING FIRE BECAUSE OF GRINCH LEAK!

AT THIS POINT, WE CANT RETURN BUT WE HAVE TO KEEP GOING, MY BROS!

D

Deleted member

This thing. THIS ONE THING.

All these coincidences, and then I remember the messed up background and I'm like "nope, it's fake." I'm just glad Shulk's a veteran. If he was part of the Grinch, I'd be unable to remain neutral.

beans

Smash Lord
Okay, being real now, it could have been a glitch.
But if we put it side to side with the Grinch leak, it just fits nicely.
If the Grinch is fake, than the dude accounted for the ****ing glitch.
He accounted exactly for it.
Add that to the list of how big the "Keikaku" of that guy is
(TN: Keikaku means MASTER PLAN)

Nekoo

Smash Master
NNID
Almazu
3DS FC
0259-0278-5162
It also happened during the 8.8 direct like Fenriraga Fenriraga showed, Nintendo just botch the banner upload because each part of the moving banner on the websites are actually multiple picture followed by each other.

https://www.smashbros.com/assets_v2/img/top/hero02_en.jpg
https://www.smashbros.com/assets_v2/img/top/hero03_en.jpg

It seems that everytime they made a reveal, just like for the 8.8 Direct, they are way too hasty and end up updating only the part of the moving mural with the just revealed characters, making the "moving mural" inconsistant until they update the rest of the mural with the old characters since each time a newcomers is revealed, all characters slightly move in the website.

TL;DR

It's nothing. The part of the "cut little mac" is actually part of the Isabelle Part of the banner, and was directly updated, too quickly, before they updated the rest.

Atlas2398

Smash Cadet
Remember, in the september direct they said "tune in till the very end", and then showed isabelle and AC fairly quickly after each other. Only 2 reveals after saying that. What if this was meant to be the 3rd- and last.

Also source gaming said sakurai should have a famitsu column this week? would be convenient to show off a direct with the column the day after

Pyra

Aegis vs Goddess
NNID
ToasterBrains
Switch FC
SW 8322 4207 9908
I’m going to do exactly what I don’t care for.

Can someone explain to me where this crop came from? I know why it matters but where did it come from?
I didn't see it myself when it happened, but judging from the conversation, this genuinely happened on the website's scrolling banner shortly after Isabelle was revealed.

SuperSceptile15

Smash Lord
Anyone on team fake is just sticking their heads in the sand right now.
How will you respond if it ends up being fake? I know that this leak contains so many characters that people on here want, but that doesn't automatically make it real. I don't know whether it's real or fake, but acting like people are dumb for choosing not to believe it is dumb. Maybe they just don't want to set their expectations too high.

Luigi The President

Smash Hero
It also happened during the 8.8 direct like Fenriraga Fenriraga showed, Nintendo just botch the banner upload because each part of the moving banner on the websites are actually multiple picture followed by each other.

It seems that everytime they made a reveal, just like for the 8.8 Direct, they are way too hasty and end up updating only the part of the moving mural with the just revealed characters, making the "moving mural" inconsistant until they update the rest of the mural with the old characters since each time a newcomers is revealed, all characters slightly move in the website.

TL;DR

It's nothing. The part of the "cut little mac" is actually part of the Isabelle Part of the banner, and was directly updated, too quickly, before they updated the rest.
C'mon Nek

Mac and Olimar are messed up in the specific spot Isaac is located
You pointed out Isabelle, who's spot wasn't even botched

Unless I'm misunderstanding, I do think it's more than nothing.

PeridotGX

Smash Hero
NNID
Denoma5280
So if this is real, like I think it is, i think this is how the Direct was supposed to go.

LM3 > 3DS > Isabelle/AC >Switch > Isaac

That order keeps the numbering consistent, which I feel they would try to do. If this is true, than Issac will probably be the next character.

LetterO

Smash Lord
It's adding up.

-Weird line between Olimar and Little Mac right where Isaac is in the banner.

-The item speculated to be Growth in the Wendy's video

-Sakurai saying he had to redo the script because of the Earthquake

-Golden Sun being trademarked earlier than usual.

It's happening, fellas

TVDart

Smash Apprentice
Guys, I know this is exciting, but we still need to answer and reconfirm a very important question:

Was the banner REALLY messed up in that position after Isabelle was revealed?

I found that the banner was indeed messed up after the 8.8 direct, but I don't seem to remember anyone seeing it after Isabelle. Anyone have any ideas? Any posts about it? Literally anything more substantial than a 4chan post?
As proven here, it was posted in September, right after the direct reveal.

ShadowGamer193

Smash Journeyman

TL;DR

But it lines up EXACTLY where Isaac’s banner art would start. We can’t just call that a coincidence.

Ignoritus

Smash Journeyman
Guys, I know this is exciting, but we still need to answer and reconfirm a very important question:

I found that the banner was indeed messed up after the 8.8 direct, but I don't seem to remember anyone seeing it after Isabelle. Anyone have any ideas? Any posts about it? Literally anything more substantial than a 4chan post?
It's purely anecdotal but I definitely remember the banner being cropped wrong in that spot after the September direct.

CosmicQuark

Smash Master
Alright, so someone looked on the Smash Bros page and there's a line at that point. I did it on my browser and got the exact same thing. Weird.

EDIT: :ultgreninja: again, and again.

Last edited:

Paperchampion23

Smash Champion

If you trust my word for it, I specifically remember this EXACT glitch discussed after they put Isabelle on the banner.

I'll try and see if I can find posts about it

Shroob

Sup?
TWO.
WEEKS.

We just....have to get through this week, and then the Direct will happen, I'd wager good money on it being so with how adamant Spawn Wave's being about a Direct around the 8th, and him predicting the date of the last one.

We just need to get through one more dead week.

Flarzo

Smash Cadet
Okay disregard my earlier post, I'm on board now. The fact that the "glitch" perfectly lines up with the banner leak has got to be more than a coincidence.

CrunchyCHEEZIT

Smash Journeyman

TL;DR

so why does isaac's placement on the leaked banner almost, if not perfectly lines up with that cut?
are you gonna imply that, if the grinch leak is fake, the leaker found this minute detail that literally everyone until now overlooked and used it as a basis for inserting isaac into the banner?

mjmannella

Smash Apprentice
Switch FC
6515-6020-5729
Yep, I am.
Incineroar and the insiders against it.
The character not even in the mural.

As I told you yesterday Jacob, I want this to be real. So. Badly. Geno's my 2nd most wanted, B&K is my "never even considered" most wanted, I love the Chorus Kids, Mach Rider would be badass, Shadow's a most wanted, Ken's cool and Isaac for his fans.

But like I've said time and time again...I'm not gonna let my heart be broken.
I share exactly your sentiments

Scoliosis Jones

Kept you waiting, huh?
Writing Team
NNID
ScoliosisxJones
3DS FC
1762-3194-1826
I didn't see it myself when it happened, but judging from the conversation, this genuinely happened on the website's scrolling banner shortly after Isabelle was revealed.
So then the working theory is that Isaac and Isabelle were supposed to be revealed at the same time back in September?

Interesting. I mean, that makes a lot of sense considering it lines up with where Isaac would be on the image.

Believers have had a good day today. There’s nothing concrete obviously but there’s a lot of coincidences.

When they stop becoming coincidences, THAT’S when it’s time to party.

StrawHatX

Smash Lord
So if this is real, like I think it is, i think this is how the Direct was supposed to go.

LM3 > 3DS > Isabelle/AC >Switch > Isaac

That order keeps the numbering consistent, which I feel they would try to do. If this is true, than Issac will probably be the next character.
OR Isaac was supposed to start the Direct and they replaced his reveal was LM3. It did seem a little out of place.

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
But it lines up EXACTLY where Isaac’s banner art would start. We can’t just call that a coincidence.
Technically we can but at the same time it can't be wholely dismissed.

Another one for the cork board! Who's got the red wool?

GoeGoe

Smash Lord
Just going to point out that while this is true, nobody has managed to recreate the banner nearly as well, not even the pro-photoshopper who posted on Reddit (and he admitted that he'd be shocked if it was photoshopped) And this is coming from a 200p image taken from a video.

You can clearly see little details like Greninja's tongue longer than originally thought and hundreds of little changes and movements on the banner, or Kazooie freaking put at Snakes Bazooka. Even Geno is doing something with his hands (2 glowing beams of energy or something) if you look hard enough.

It's massive details like that, that seem super odd to fake if you aren't going to give a clear image anyway. This isn't even counting all the legitimate stuff behind this leak (the company, the person, etc)
Ah, but I said art wise. A pro-photoshopper is not necessarily an artist. I think an artist with some photoshop skills can do it easily. I can prove it if I was allowed to upload some media here >:/

Yeah I saw the details. No there're no adjustments, just resizes. It's a given if you want to move those layers to fit your charcaters and make it look real.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom