• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Confirmation

Smash Ace
I'm getting tired of these "anything new?" messages so I found a metric you can use to learn if any new info was found without posting.

Multiply the number of hours since the last time you checked by ten. If the amount of new pages is lower than that number, odds are nothing new has been found.

Last edited:

Jigglymaster

Smash Hero
NNID
Dapuffster
This is the main thing I find weird. Before this leak I expected box theory to be false and that we'd have around 4 characters left. But with the future this leak presents? They could have had monthly reveals and they still could have ended on a high note. The reveal schedule for this game makes no sense, if I'm being frank.
Yeah that's so funny. With the box theory, you wonder how they're going to have 1 last direct with only 2 characters, that's so few. Now it's 7 and it's far too many for a single direct. One wasn't enough, the other is too many.

Last edited:

ProfPeanut

Smash Ace
That’s easy to answer, most likely for launch promotion when the full roster is known to the public.
But how early would they have to have printed these things? It's my understanding that the papers we see on the leak are only mock-ups of the real thing, not necessarily the printed banners themselves. If they are, then again - why print them so early, unless the Direct was coming early this week?

Last edited:

LetterO

Smash Lord
  • Who do you want to see as DLC?
  • Who do you think is likely as DLC?
It's in my sig, but my top 4 in a combination of likelieness and bias are Crash Bandicoot, Rex & Pyra, Springman (Springtron or Ribbon Girl Echo), and Doomguy.

Jedisupersonic

Eight Leaves One Kame Style
NNID
Jedisupersonic
3DS FC
4871-3983-7566
it's funny because I insulted a fan favorite youtuber so that automatically means I'm in the wrong and none of what I said matters. Ha!
This post you say Fan Favorite last post you said niche, it's funny how you can't even get your own story straight with your blind insults.

Last edited:

Dragoncharystary

Smash Lord
I like this statement. I'll say this: We're better than this. Lets leave it at that.
We seem to be disregarding DLC during all of this discussion. So here are some DLC questions:
  • How do you think DLC will be structured?
  • Do you think they'll host another ballot?
  • How would your character work as DLC?
  • Who do you think the first DLC character will be? What about the second? The third?
  • How many characters total do you think we'll get? How long do you think the game will be supported?
  • What about DLC stages, music, items, and modes?
  • Will Mii Costumes return? If so, will we get new ones?
In terms of DLC characters I think are the most likely, my first one is obvious and many would agree is far and away the most likely DLC character. That of course is Spring Man.

As for the second, I'm going with Rex and Pyra since I really don't think Elma is happening at this point and XC2 is very relevant right now.

Third is Rayman since I think there will most definitely be a third party DLC and Rayman seems like the most likely third party besides Banjo to me.

Fourth is a bit of an oddball, and that's because it's Waluigi. I know what people are going to say about this, but I think the post-E3 backlash might have been enough for sakurai to reconsider Waluigi for DLC.

Last edited:

Mutsukki

Smash Ace
it's funny because I insulted a fan favorite youtuber so that automatically means I'm in the wrong and none of what I said matters. Ha!

reposting because your reply is low effort so I'll make mine low effort cause I'm the bad guy! Ha!
Get a check on your inferiority complex please

P1ZZ4CHU

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-7373-2961-4511
I'm getting tired of these "anything new?" messages so I found a metric you can use to learn if any new info was found without posting.

Multiply the number of hours since the last time you checked by ten. If the amount of new pages is lower than that number, odds are nothing new has been found.
1540707046914.png

Ish things got hostile with this leak.

At the end of the day it's characters in a video game. Don't get me wrong--I was heartbroken when Ridley wasn't revealed as playable for Smash 4, but it's such a small thing at the end of the day.

If the leak's real, wonderful! Banjo-freaking-Kazooie will be playable! If it's not, well, I'll do exactly what I did with Ridley when the first ballet was announced. Vote.

I love you all--the whole lot of you. Don't kill each other over this, ok?
I love you too person I've never met before

supercopper64

Smash Ace
NNID
CaptainOfWar
3DS FC
1650-2938-3501
It’s so bizarre to me. I understand it’s just a videogame but for some reason I remain clamoring for more and more. But as time goes on with no new info, I lose my hype. While Nintendo is being smart by announcing the game closer to launch unlike Smash 4, they need to create a better spacing of new information. It’s perfect marketing.
But I also understand the counter to that argument. I also believe that it’s smart to create an info drought so that we’re all starving for more of the game. My only worry is that Nintendo will make us wait and suffer, just to reveal something mediocre. That is why I want this leak to be real. Not because it consists of characters that I and many others want, but because it shows Nintendo understands us more and that the future of the company will thrive. If nintendo can pull off the game that the leak suggests, we have ourselves the ultimate winner of the console wars. We’d have IP’s known from almost every major gaming company in one game being hosted on a Nintendo console. I want the leak to be real to solidify Nintendo’s place as the ultimate gaming company.

Dee Dude

“Never ask Dee for anything again”
3DS FC
0576-7674-5319
But how early would they have to have printed these things? It's my understanding that the papers we see on the leak are only mock-ups of the real thing, not necessarily the printed banners themselves. If they are, then again - why print them so early, unless the Direct was coming early this week?
Then it’s possible they’re only in production or pertain to the “missing” fighter Incinaroar theory.

I dunno man, beats me.

Zinith

Yoshi is Thicc in S P I R I T
All around you, awaiting to consume your soul
Switch FC
SW-4624-0132-9722
Ish things got hostile with this leak.

At the end of the day it's characters in a video game. Don't get me wrong--I was heartbroken when Ridley wasn't revealed as playable for Smash 4, but it's such a small thing at the end of the day.

If the leak's real, wonderful! Banjo-freaking-Kazooie will be playable! If it's not, well, I'll do exactly what I did with Ridley when the first ballet was announced. Vote.

I love you all--the whole lot of you. Don't kill each other over this, ok?
Thank you.

This, the box, the blog updates, the music, ALL OF IT is not something to get worked up over. Less than 6 weeks till the game comes out and whatever happens it will still be a great game.

ErenJager

Smash Champion
This makes so little sense that I can't actually debate you, so I guess you win?
I think he's trying to say papageno could be lying about having a source, then play it off that he was duped or lied too. The motivation being views and subs from the smash community that equate to real life dollars. Nothing grows a channel like smash...

Dee Dude

“Never ask Dee for anything again”
3DS FC
0576-7674-5319
Okay, but, bear with me here, what about both at once

Ok it’s settled.

I’m officially calling the leaked 7: The Grinch Gang

I didn’t invent that term btw, I saw it somewhere and decided to bandwagon on it.

In seriousness, I actually kinda like this too.

Last edited:

Jedisupersonic

Eight Leaves One Kame Style
NNID
Jedisupersonic
3DS FC
4871-3983-7566
Are you dumb? Smash Bros is his niche, we are in a SMASH board. SMASH fans love SMASH youtuber who only posts about SMASH. How much more clear do I need to make it for ya?

Oh wait, I forgot I'm the "bad guy" so I'm going to be wrong no matter what I say
I may be dumb, but I know when someone is making a contradiction typically.

You're just one of the many lost souls who wish to do damage to an already fractured fanbase, I see no reason to engage in any further discussion with a flat out troll.

Confirmation

Smash Ace
I think he's trying to say papageno could be lying about having a source, then play it off that he was duped or lied too. The motivation being views and subs from the smash community that equate to real life dollars. Nothing grows a channel like smash...
Smash does not forgive. Papagenos likely knows this and wouldn't throw away a relatively sizable following for increased viewership for what is probably 2 weeks before another Direct.

Shroob

Sup?
Wait why am I a troll? Because I have no messages? Because I'm not a familiar name?

Because the first thing you do is come in and start ****talking someone a lot of us find enjoyable and nice.

It'd be one thing if you started off as simply questioning him or bringing up points against him.

It's another to go straight for the "Guy's a hack, he's full of ****, ROFLMAO"

Midget Master

Smash Apprentice
It seems we are at an impasse. But I suppose that we couldn't really expect another previously unseen item that kinda-might-be-Growth-but-kinda-also-might-not-be would literally fall out of the sky to fuel the fires.

So putting that whole... business, aside for the time being. Have people been able to actually confirm whether or not there's a new build of the Smash E3 Demo? I've heard "NEW BUILD NEW BUILD" constantly, but never saw anything to convince me there really was. But now I'm hearing that the smoke has been adjusted? Anybody got any more deets on this stuff?

ErenJager

Smash Champion
Smash does not forgive. Papagenos likely knows this and wouldn't throw away a relatively sizable following for increased viewership for what is probably 2 weeks before another Direct.
I'm not saying that, its just what I took away from the other users post.

But... If he's "duped" whats to be forgiven?

Last edited:

CosmicQuark

Smash Master
I like this statement. I'll say this: We're better than this. Lets leave it at that.
We seem to be disregarding DLC during all of this discussion. So here are some DLC questions:
  • How do you think DLC will be structured?
  • Do you think they'll host another ballot?
  • How would your character work as DLC?
  • Who do you think the first DLC character will be? What about the second? The third?
  • How many characters total do you think we'll get? How long do you think the game will be supported?
  • What about DLC stages, music, items, and modes?
  • Will Mii Costumes return? If so, will we get new ones?
Here are some other prompts:
  • Who do you think will be high tier in this game?
  • Similarly, who do you think will be high tier from the newcomers?
  • Come up with a trailer for your most-wanted character
  • Literally anything other than the Grinch Leak or Box Theory
Well, the reason why I usually disregard DLC is because I can't rationally speculate on DLC without knowing the full roster. That being said, if you forgive me for using the Grinch leak, I'll use that as my assumption (plus Incineroar) as the characters in the base. Now I feel like I can speculate on DLC.

• Who do you want to see as DLC? I'd love Crash. He's the most iconic platformer not yet in Smash.
  • Who do you think is likely as DLC? Given the recent rumors, Sora's the most likely.
  • How do you think DLC will be structured? Given the speculation that Sakurai may be planning DLC ahead of time, I'm thinking a season pass. Not as much as people probably think, though.
  • Do you think they'll host another ballot? Probably not, as it's created some issues of distrust in the Smash community, to a certain degree. Also if there's a ballot, like Smash 4, it wouldn't be used for DLC :troll: I think the characters will be more recent, promotional, or taken from the previous ballot.
  • How would your character work as DLC? Crash? Move wise, he'd spin attack, belly flop, maybe sometimes ride a hog or a motorcycle. Structured as DLC, probably as a single fighter, though it'd be amazing if he's included with Spyro.
  • Who do you think the first DLC character will be? What about the second? The third? Going by the rumors, I think Sora could be revealed at the Game Awards. The second and third not sure. I would have thought they would have done first party first, then third party like last time, so like this it'll probably be more random (at least from guessing, won't be random from their considerations). Shot in the dark, Joker and Dante are from popular new titles (and Sakurai apparently likes P5).
  • How many characters total do you think we'll get? How long do you think the game will be supported? I'm thinking 8 as a reasonable guess. My hope is that Ultimate becomes a games-as-a-service and just keeps getting ported to new systems, and the character library keeps going until we reach a hundred. If this base rosters true, that's 20-ish more to go. With echoes, it's not implausible, just unlikely. No way I can see topping Ultimate, though.
  • What about DLC stages, music, items, and modes? I definitely want them to release as many previous stages as possible as DLC, especially Pac-Maze and Rainbow Road. If they could get them all, then "everywhere is here."
  • Will Mii Costumes return? If so, will we get new ones? I think so, and I hope so. It's what makes Mii's interesting. I have a suspicion if Banjo's a character, Minecraft's a stage, Master Chief could very well be a WTF Mii costume. As for DLC, I think it's likely as well.

Last edited:

AzureFlame4

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
4811-6946-8468
Real or fake, I get to play as Simon and K. Rool. I'll be really surprised if Banjo doesn't get in at least through DLC given Microsoft seems okay with his inclusion so I'm not worried.

Really, at this point the thing I'm more interested in than anything else is why are there like 100 insiders out there who know about Incineroar while so many people didn't know about the other characters revealed at this point? Is it just that it's so much later in the development cycle that it couldn't be hidden anymore or was it really leak bait that spread like wildfire because some guy is like 50 people's source.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom