• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

StarLight42

Smash Lord
Can people summarize how insiders reacted to the ESRB leak? Back then I didn't even know who Liam was, so...

KMDP

Smash Legend
Santa claus isn't real, The Easter Bunny isn't real, Mario and Kirby aren't real, Samus isn't real and wouldn't date you even if she was, and most importantly...you aren't real
C'mon, you clearly aren't trying.

"{hot button socio-political issue] isn't real"

Untouch

Smash Master
Can people summarize how insiders reacted to the ESRB leak? Back then I didn't even know who Liam was, so...
Gamexplain didn't believe it at first.
That's about it, no one else really reacted from the (basically nonexistant) research I've done.

ErenJager

Smash Champion
How so, friendo?

"No way a western character gets in"
*cough*
:ultdiddy::ultkrool::ultdarksamus:, Shovel Knight.

Yeah, no way at all.
Those are all owned by Nintendo, a Japanese company. There are zero characters owned by a western company playable on the roster. The closest to western owned properties being playable in Smash are the shovel knight assist trophy and rayman trophy.

If you count Diddy and Dark Samus as western.. Thats like considering wal-mart a chinese company because most of its products are made in china.

Shroob

Sup?
Back then, the only 'real' insider we had was Gematsu, and it wasn't until the game was datamined that we learned it was outdated info.... And that got proven 'wrong' before the ESRB leak even happened.

KingofKoopas

Smash Lord
Need I also remind you that you're probably the only person who whenever box theory was brought up how many hissy fits you threw, between outright attacking/threatening other users, to spamming up the thread with spam and have been banned.... what, twice now?

Sure, Box theory may be dead, I hope it is, but if anyone's allowed to celebrate, it's not you, who flew into an ungodly rage whenever someone mentioned cardboard.
I believe this is what you wanted?

TheCJBrine

Smash Legend
Those are all owned by Nintendo, a Japanese company. There are zero characters owned by a western company playable on the roster. The closest to western owned properties being playable in Smash are the shovel knight assist trophy and rayman trophy.

If you count Diddy and Dark Samus as western.. Thats like considering wal-mart a chinese company because most of its products are made in china.
I think Shovel Knight alone is proof they're not against Western characters nor aren't willing to converse with the character's creators.

They still have to do that stuff for 3rd-party Assist Trophies.

Last edited:

Zippo

Smash Journeyman
Even Source Gaming has had to put out a warning because of the toxic behavior on their discord.

This has been an embarrassing week for the Smash community. Some of the things I've seen and heard this week should not be tolerated in any community.

I want to thank the mods and admins for putting up with all of this. We're a lot to handle and I'm sure you guys don't feel like dealing with it some days, but you guys are all truly appreciated. Let's hope next week finally brings us all news, for all of our sakes.

Last edited:

ShadowGamer193

Smash Journeyman
I just want a direct/character reveal so I can either have my hopes crushed fast, or my dreams realized and have the hype carry me form there until release.

Arcanir

An old friend evolved
NNID
Shoryu91
3DS FC
4253-4855-5860
Dixie is 80% or 50% depending on whether DLC echoes will be a thing or not. 80% if DLC echoes happen, 50% if not cause she'll need to be unique then, which is far from impossible, just less likely.
Edelgard is 10% honestly. We don't know her role in the latest FE yet, and I think Sakurai knows this time more FE is pushing it.
Monster Hunter is 0% I think. Correct me if I'm wrong, but I've heard MH devs actually don't want them as a fighter because they're an avatar.
Skull Kid is 60% imo. If he didn't make the base game, then his rise in popularity is still apparent, so they may consider him for DLC.
Sylux... I'll give him 30%. Wouldn't mind more Metroid rep, but I think Sakurai is satisfied with what he gave the series this time around.
I never heard anything about an issue of them being an Avatar, but either way the Monster Huntress was in MvCI so even if it was an issue they long since relented.

Also, while I agree that we do need to learn more about Edelgard's role, I don't think too many FE characters will be an issue if Sakurai feels she can be unique like Corrin before her.

Garteam

Smash Master
NNID
Garteam
Alright y'all, watch Incineroar become a Poké Ball Pokémon.

I'd be sad for his fans, but would laugh because the "insiders" were so sure of him.
I'd be really surprised if we didn't get at least one of the Alola starters forms as a Pokeball Pokemon, the latest gen always has at least one starter in a Pokeball (Melee had Chikorita and Cyndaquil, Brawl had Piplup, and Smash 4 had Chespin and Fennekin).

Weeman

Smash Crusader
I'd avise against posting supposed info that could defamate Gamexplain or anyone else if there's no proof, same with random statements from 4chan that have no backing up. It's really not helpful and just shows how desperate people are for proving insiders are in some kind of conspiracy, when they're just regular people.

KMDP

Smash Legend

It's close enough to what that guy was saying about Banjo to be able to disseminate his point almost entirely.
matching brackets aren't real
Of course not.

That'd just be silly.

As silly as (Family Guy cutaway lead-in>.

JacobLeBeauOFFICIAL

Smash Lord
NNID
JacobReal!
Switch FC
SW-4350-2362-0253
C'mon, you clearly aren't trying.

"{hot button socio-political issue] isn't real"
Donald trump is real, our president, and is slowly driving us apart in a never ending downward spiral, which will most likely lead to our deaths or an even worse situation, more terrible presidents which breaks our economy and slowly causes deaths, dispair, and more.

Pakky

Smash Hero
Found this, can't tell if he was telling truth or not.

EDIT: to remind anyone, THIS IS NOT MY WINDOW. I have google chorm with tezeri theme applied.
... BRUH...

THE HELL THOUGH?

Banjo-Kazooie

Smash Ace
NNID
Burudiman
3DS FC
2492-5021-9705
It does give me the concern.
Today, people report leaks and rumors and give away their insider information. And going "LUL NINTENDO IS ANGRY THE GAME IS LEAKED".
Tomorrow: "Nintendo is removing content from youtube and sending C&Ds to fan game projects".
If we want Nintendo to trust us, we need to earn their trust.

KMDP

Smash Legend
Donald trump is real, our president, and is slowly driving us apart in a never ending downward spiral, which will most likely lead to our deaths or an even worse situation, more terrible presidents which breaks our economy and slowly causes deaths, dispair, and more.
The world becomes "Idiocracy", then?

CannonStreak

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
Even Source Gaming has had to put out a warning because of the toxic behavior on their discord.

This has been an embarrassing week for the Smash community. Some of the things I've seen and heard this week should not be tolerated in any community.

I want to thank the mods and admins for putting up with all of this. We're a lot to handle and I'm sure you guys don't feel like dealing with it some days, but you guys are all truly appreciated.
I kinda wish there was a warning here that prevented this kind of discussion. I just want this to settle down until the Direct comes.

Hydrualic Hydra

Smash Ace
If the leak is fake, I (and hopefully most people who believe it's real) will admit my misplaced faith and accept that there were some factors that could have pointed towards it being fake, and should have taken them more seriously.

If the leak is real, I will be glad for everyone who benefits from it (read: almost everyone), and will still respect the efforts of those peacefully arguing that it was fake. I WILL expect apologies from certain individuals, none in particular from this board, but from a lot of figureheads who have acted particularly smug or close-minded.

I have nothing but respect for vaanrose vaanrose and several others on this board who argue for it being fake. I reeeeeeeally can't say the same for Artsy Omni ending each of his posts with 'make of this what you will :p.'

Nekoo

Smash Master
NNID
Almazu
3DS FC
0259-0278-5162
Y'all lucky, next direct you will know if the leak is real or fake.
You will all know if your Character is in before the game is out.

When I have to believe a rumour and wait literally release day to see if the Character I want is in by praying the Doritos pope show him in his annual event only to be either disapointed but still happy and play the game. Or Happy to play the game but having to wait months for him still-

:bobomb:

KingofKoopas

Smash Lord
Thankfully, I don't even know what that means so. :drshrug:
It means get off your high horse, all you did was go off on me because you feel yourself (morally) superior. The same thing Box Theorists did when they shot down anyone who thought there could be more than two characters. You're no better than anyone else here. Least of all me buddy.

ErenJager

Smash Champion
I think Shovel Knight alone is proof they're not against Western characters nor aren't willing to converse with the character's creators.

They still have to do that stuff for 3rd-party Assist Trophies.
There isn't a single western owned property playable in Smash, ever.

Yacht Club funded their own amiibo and probably catered hard to Nintendo just to get an assist trophy... Ubisoft threw models of Rayman at Nintendo/ Sakurai and the most they did with it was a trophy.

Gaijin is a concept in Japan.

It's not racist. It's just cultural pride.

D

Deleted member

It does give me the concern.
Today, people report leaks and rumors and give away their insider information. And going "LUL NINTENDO IS ANGRY THE GAME IS LEAKED".
Tomorrow: "Nintendo is removing content from youtube and sending C&Ds to fan game projects".
If we want Nintendo to trust us, we need to earn their trust.
To be fair, Nintendo of Japan really is the one making the calls. It's been pretty out in the open how much there's a bit of a disconnect between NoA and NoJ, in terms of fan projects and monetization. If this were the case across the board, I'm pretty sure people like ProJared or The Completionist wouldn't be on their YouTubes. Especially with that one collab Jirard had with Bill Trinen.

MysticKnives

Smash Ace
I don’t think either of those 4chan posts were real. Especially the one of Andre’s “texts”, that just reeks of being fake lol. However, the notes on Spawn Wave podcast is interesting. He went from being 50/50 to being totally down on it to being 50/50 again to back to being down on it. If I had to guess the supposed real characters of that leak are definitely Ken, Shadow, and the Chorus Kids. Maybe Mach Rider. From the looks of it they all seem certain Isaac, Banjo, and Geno aren’t in.

edit: plus shadow seems likely to be in anyway with jonneh “predicting” him with some oddly specific moves
Just curious as I’m just catching up. Who is everyone that is confident that Banjo, Isaac, and Geno aren’t in the game, and what makes Mach Rider a maybe?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom