• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

KingBroly

Smash Lord
Its because you'd think it'd be big enough news to discuss, heck even people who aren't even smashtubers are covering this. Basically if GX didn't wanted this attention, they could've I dunno, be NEUTRAL about it and stall until a direct comes and saves their *****?
Either way a Direct won't save them. Because people will assume they're just an extension of Nintendo at that point since they've gotten a ton of "predictions" (leaks) right this year, starting since before Smash got revealed. If a Direct proves them wrong? Well, their credibility takes a massive hit.

Xiaolinspiration

Smash Cadet
Switch FC
SW-4926-8462-7301
If the initial video wasn't so embarrassing, people wouldn't be calling them out on it so hard based on their past leaks. I don't see people complaining to Keef Crew or Nintendo Life that bad because they think it's fake. They simply laid out their logic for why. GameXplain basically came up with nonsense that was incorrect (The Banjo render being the Smashified one) and then went silent.
The Keef Crew doesn't do those kind of videos often, heck he even stated that he's sick and tired of the smash tubers covering these leaks to the point it's like the end of the world due to the mass amount of leaks and pics going around. But GameXplain did gain popularity during Smash 4's development cycle covering leaks, whether they we're hilariously bad or extremely credible and really voice their opinions based on through research. But when I heard that Banjo comparison to Artsy Omni's Smashifed one I knew something was up because this might be something slightly beyond Artsy's level, idk.

Last edited:

KMDP

Smash Legend
Why are Insiders so hell bent on the idea that Incineroar or a new Pokémon HAS to be in.
“We have had a new Pokémon every game”
“ITS POKÉMON”

Pokémon doesn’t need to have a newcomer to be given respect you know. Otherwise Zelda says hi.
Not to mention that we just got :ultpichu::squirtle::ivysaur: back in this game.

RyuhoFox

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW 1285-9221-5627
This is especially shocking given that they're the same channel that produced feature-length analyses of the Odyssey and Breath of the Wild trailers. They normally take pride in their work, but their initial Grinch video was horribly lazy. I like how you described it as "embarrassing," actually, because that's the perfect word for it.
This is part of why it's so odd to me. These are the same people that would have like hour long discussions on barely a minute of footage going through everything with a fine tooth comb, but here they too something that could give them quite a lot of content to talk about, gave some crap reasoning, and chucked it away as fast as they could. It feels like they are hiding something about it since they were in a hurry to bury it.

Guynamednelson

Smash Legend
NNID
Nelson340
3DS FC
2105-8742-2099
Switch FC
SW 4265 6024 9719
Say character #69 revealed in the next direct deconfirms the Grinch leak. Which character would it have to be to tick off most of the Smash community?
A gen 7 Pokemon that is neither one people are absolutely betting on getting in nor one people would just think is cool.

KOMALA LOGS IN!

Weeman

Smash Crusader
Why are Insiders so hell bent on the idea that Incineroar or a new Pokémon HAS to be in.
“ITS POKÉMON”

Pokémon doesn’t need to have a newcomer to be given respect you know. Otherwise Zelda says hi.
I mean, they're insiders, if they're hellbent on the idea of incineroar it's probably because they've heard about it from sources. If it was just blind guesses i reckon most people would go for Decidueye instead.

ExitWound

Smash Journeyman
“ITS POKÉMON”

insiders = rabid pokemon fans

Iko MattOrr

Smash Champion
NNID
Iko_MattOrr
Ooo, I have an idea for a Mii Fighter class...

Mii Dog

Terrifying :yoshi:

Well, it's not that bad after all...

(I wish Miis had a moveset based on those games instead of being generic fighters; different magic based on different colors would be great).

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
Watch that Incineroar is announced as Fighter 69 but eventually the banner leak turns out to be real as the others are revealed. :p

Last edited:

Noipoi

Howdy!
“ITS POKÉMON”

Not to mention that we just got :ultpichu::squirtle::ivysaur: back in this game.
I don't know why insiders are so sure of Incineroar, but I don't think it's fair to say we shouldn't get a Pokemon just because there are already Pokemon.

Fenriraga

You have the strength to overcome your destiny!
Writing Team
NNID
DarkAura
Banjo: Mr. Vile's Game
Geno: AAAAA YOU CANT JUST MAKE ME CHOOSE ONE
And My Name's Booster
Weapons Factory
Battle Against Smithy
Fight Against Monsters
Fight Against Culex (I know this is cheating but we need more Final Fantasy Music...)

Chorus Kids:
Remix 4 (From Fever)

Shadow:
Rumbling HWY ...for Mission Street (Yes, I used Shadow as a means of getting Tails music, bite me. If you really have to make me choose Shadow, then Sky Troops I guess.)

Isaac: Honestly just bring back the Brawl Remix because that's one of my favorite battle tracks in all of Smash, Golden Sun or not.

Ken: Killing Moon

Mach Rider: ...The Melee Remix I guess? MR doesn't really have a lot to choose from, haha.

Last edited:

Mc.Rad

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-0842-4814-1315
I don't know why insiders are so sure of Incineroar, but I don't think it's fair to say we shouldn't get a Pokemon just because there are already Pokemon.
It be actually funny if Insiders and the leak was wrong for the next reveal

DaybreakHorizon

The guy who predicted Sora as Fighter 11
NNID
tehponycorn
3DS FC
4253-3486-4603

Well, it's not that bad after all...

(I wish Miis had a moveset based on those games instead of being generic fighters; different magic based on different colors would be great).
Except like half of the colors were just straight up useless lol. Do you want to make the Mii Fighters even worse?

Ramen Tengoku

Meiniac
Switch FC
SW-6056-3633-7710
“ITS POKÉMON”

Unlike Zelda, Pokemon is the highest grossing media franchise in the world. It makes sense that one would be added in every Smash game...
It'd be dumb not to have one this time, especially after the success that was Pokemon GO

Last edited:

ShadowGamer193

Smash Journeyman
Most likely they saw gameplay of him. Or everyone has completely outdated info

Last edited:

Xiaolinspiration

Smash Cadet
Switch FC
SW-4926-8462-7301
Watch that Incineroar is announced as Fighter 69 but eventually the banner leak turns out to be real as the others are revealed. :p
Then everyone wins and they finally STFU and enjoy the game when it comes out, amen.

I swear Smash predictions are more stressful than presidential elections.

Last edited:

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
I think the fact that all Insiders, even the ones with multiple sources says that Incineroar is in makes me think they saw something we didn't. CSS, a build with him in. Or gameplay/screenshot.
I agree this is plausible, but I honestly don't trust it.

All the insiders "saw" shovel knight and inklings in smash 4 but look how that turned out.

Nekoo

Smash Master
NNID
Almazu
3DS FC
0259-0278-5162
I agree this is plausible, but I honestly don't trust it.

All the insiders "saw" shovel knight and inklings in smash 4 but look how that turned out.
OBJECTION.

Only Liam claimed that Shovel Knight would be in Smash 4.

And it was because of the conceptual artwork for the amiibo leaked to him and had the Smash Bros amiibo stand.

He jumped the gun and did the link between the two.

But let's be honest. Who wouldn't?

Amiibo Doctor

Smash Ace
Writing Team
NNID
AmiiboMD
I'm still convinced that this leak is real, and I don't think that's going to change until we hear official word from Nintendo. I have yet to see any compelling evidence against it that hasn't been convincingly rebutted.
But honestly? I'm tired of waiting for this game. All this arguing about leaks and who's in and where the hell is Shrek has made me sick and tired of talking about Ultimate. I don't care anymore. I'm gonna go play TF2 for the first time in forever.

Iko MattOrr

Smash Champion
NNID
Iko_MattOrr
Except like half of the colors were just straight up useless lol. Do you want to make the Mii Fighters even worse?
Why not redesign the powers?
The gimmick of having a different power for each color is cool, you just need to design a new better moveset around it (and by the way it would be only one special, not the full moveset).

sdpdude9

Smash Apprentice
To get off the leak topic, where do you see smash going after ultimate? I think it will be a long time before we get another and it will be a reboot of sorts. Same gameplay but new stages and characters with all new movesets and a much smaller roster.

Last edited:

Deathcarter

Smash Lord
The weird thing about GameXplain's behavior for me is that if they sincerely believe (or know) its fake, they can simply use the evidence surrounding the background dug up by folks like Vaanrose and ArtsyOmni as the main crux of their argument against the leak without mentioning anything about whether they believe Incineroar or any of the characters on the banner would be newcomers. Them simply being Team Fake is one thing but refusing to discuss it at all makes me feel that they either:

-Later found out that its true after their initial video and can't go back and say the leak is true as that would be suspicious and aren't going to lie and pretend its fake.
-More likely, they're Team Fake but not 100% sure of it being fake and don't want to end up with egg on their face like what happened after the ESRB leak.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom