• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Pyra

Aegis vs Goddess
NNID
ToasterBrains
Switch FC
SW 8322 4207 9908
I like how Incineroar is in the center of the war between the leak and the insiders.
I've got a weird feeling about him earlier today so
Keep your eyes peeled I guess
Next week will be a wild ride (whether anything happens or not)

D

Deleted member

Believe me, I would love for him to be wrong here. The characters he's claimed do nothing for me, and the ones on the mural do everything for me.

Well, those are the two specific characters left that he's claimed. All the other ones have been included already. It's not like it just kicked off with these two.
Well yeah, I know that, lol. I've been following this thing over on /v/ since like E3. Anyway, if we go by the analysis of your previous post and assume we can take his claims at face value, the leak can still be legit and coincide with that he's provided iirc. Imo, it seems very likely Incineroar is the leakbait character, so everyone's gonna get that one wrong.. Whatever was provided to validate that info must have been very credible but probably fabricated. Ken's a no-brainer leak or no leak, I mean, I even I called that one months ago, and I'm no leaker. And the SE character is obviously Geno. Verg never said it was just those 3, and that's it iirc. Meanig the remaining 5 can still happen and correlate with (part) of his sources.

That's my take on it at least.

I've said it a million times now, but imo, there's no way the roster from the Grinch leak is fake. I really don't think the leak itself is fake either, but there's too many things coming together and confirming the same characters, it seems obvious to it's legit at this point. Don't mean to get your hopes up, lol.

To my memory the main point of contention we had was surrounding the X/Y spot.

Personally I draw a blank on the ESRB saga. I'm aware of the timeline that played out, and I was on board with it being real, but I think I was out to lunch or something until the videos started popping up, because I have no memory of being party to the arguments it must've created. Perhaps I was otherwise occupied at the time.
I vaguely remember parts of the ESRB leak. I do recall the sinking feeling of acceptance that that was really gonna be it, sometime before it was confirmed. I guess I must have been around on here when that leak dropped. Though my memory of it is on /v/, so I don't recall what discussion took place on here, but I must have been here for it, as I do distinctly remember watching the Invitational with you on here, and I think that happened afterwards... Honestly though, the whole of that is a big blurr, as the DLC and ballots made the Japan Time for Smash 4 last a lot longer than it normally would. So things just kinda blurr together. I have more memory of the ballots, and the Mafia Games in the Backroom than anything regarding speculation in the weeks leading up till launch.

Plumstar

Smash Apprentice
Shadow: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3gPBmDptqlQ or https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rApuelWrBFk
Geno: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TffGZpMLJpE Most likely it'll be a remix of the forest theme, but I want this to start off in his trailer before his reveal with his tag line.
Not familiar with the other characters (haven't played their games), so I couldn't think of any :ohwell:.

Last edited:

Weeman

Smash Crusader
To get off the leak topic, where do you see ash going after ultimate? I think it will be a long time before we get another and it will be a reboot of sorts. Same gameplay but new stages and characters with all new movesets and a much smaller roster.
I think he will go to the newsest region, though personally i'm hoping for a reboot with a new protagonist and all.

KMDP

Smash Legend
I don't know why insiders are so sure of Incineroar, but I don't think it's fair to say we shouldn't get a Pokemon just because there are already Pokemon.
The argument is that it takes effort to bring Pichu, Squirtle and Ivysaur back, enough effort that one could consider them essentially newcomers.

At that point, you're putting (near-)full character creation effort into four Pokémon.

Of course, I think the argument is silly, myself.

D

Deleted member

The Gematsu leak is the one that had Chrom, Chorus kids, Pacman, Palutena, Miis and a Pokemon from X/Y, though i think the pokemon was claimed separately or something.
It was basically the gospel of newcomers until Robin came around, however, due to the accuracy of the leak and the trust many had in it's sources, the general agreed notion is that it was very real, but the info came very early in development.
ESRB was when some short videos of off screen footage of a 3DS were leaked. Shulk, Bowser Jr. , Duck Hunt and the remaining veterans were leaked there.
Oh wait, I DO remember that now!!

Oh, I was way against that initially. It wasn't until the videos came out that I was like "yeah, it's legit." Prior to, I was full denial mode though.

Idon

Smash Legend
NNID
Miyamoto Iori
Switch FC
SW-4826-9581-3305
To get off the leak topic, where do you see ash going after ultimate? I think it will be a long time before we get another and it will be a reboot of sorts. Same gameplay but new stages and characters with all new movesets and a much smaller roster.
Reboot where they cut the fat and focus on making a fun competitive fighter above all else.

Ha, I wish.
No I see Smash doing the same thing its always done.

KingBroly

Smash Lord
The weird thing about GameXplain's behavior for me is that if they sincerely believe (or know) its fake, they can simply use the evidence surrounding the background dug up by folks like Vaanrose and ArtsyOmni as the main crux of their argument against the leak without mentioning anything about whether they believe Incineroar or any of the characters on the banner would be newcomers. Them simply being Team Fake is one thing but refusing to discuss it at all makes me feel that they either:

-Later found out that its true after their initial video and can't go back and say the leak is true as that would be suspicious and aren't going to lie and pretend its fake.
-More likely, they're Team Fake but not 100% sure of it being fake and don't want to end up with egg on their face like what happened after the ESRP leak.
I think if they had made a Discussion video after the initial video instead of putting it on lockdown they wouldn't be the center of attention. But because they have, they look suspicious for one reason or another.

Mc.Rad

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-0842-4814-1315
-More likely, they're Team Fake but not 100% sure of it being fake and don't want to end up with egg on their face like what happened after the ESRP leak.
Honestly I think this is right, because I still don’t think they are THAT connected to Nintendo... Even Wendy’s social media joked about it... and the person who does that also has to do news about the Smash tour

TheCJBrine

Smash Legend
I find GameXplain's stance on the leak very odd.

It's obvious they have info, so eh. Their first video was very lazy, with pretty much just "the shadows are different" being their reason for it being fake (which is funny considering the shadows have already changed in the official banner and have been getting lighter :p )

I want this leak to be real, so we can get all of these characters...but hey, between GameXplain's "predictions", insiders claiming "not just Incineroar" (at least from what I read around here), and that Mystic guy, at least Box Theory is probably gonna get left in the dust with Music Theory :awesome:

Last edited:

Cap'n Jack

Smash Lord
I am leaning towards the fake side of hmmmmm, but what is keeping me from committing to fake is that no one has come out to admitting they made the fake. If someone put in THAT much effort, and with real companies coming forward to speak publicly that someone would say something either for the fame or to defuse. Right now, no one is, nor are they going to because honestly, this might be real.

KMDP

Smash Legend
I find GameXplain's stance on the leak very odd.

It's obvious they have info, so eh. Their first video was very lazy, with pretty much just "the shadows are different" being their reason for it being fake (which is funny considering the shadows have already changed in the official banner and have been getting lighter :p )

I want this leak to be real, so we can get all of these characters...but hey, between GameXplain's "predictions", insiders claiming "not just Incineroar" (at least from what I read around here), and that Mystic guy, at least Box Theory is probably gonna get left in the dust with Music Theory :awesome:
Gamexplain's (almost) sole argument against the Grinch Leak (the Shadows) was one of the only arguments that have been definitively debunked.

That kind of goes to show how bad their video on the leak was.

ExitWound

Smash Journeyman
Gamexplain's (almost) sole argument against the Grinch Leak (the Shadows) was one of the only arguments that have been definitively debunked.

That kind of goes to show how bad their video on the leak was.
Anything else would be a conflict of interest with nintendo

AreJay25

May or May Not Be Pac-Man
I am leaning towards the fake side of hmmmmm, but what is keeping me from committing to fake is that no one has come out to admitting they made the fake. If someone put in THAT much effort, and with real companies coming forward to speak publicly that someone would say something either for the fame or to defuse. Right now, no one is, nor are they going to because honestly, this might be real.
Well, if you remember, Omni was going to let the Rayman leak simmer for a while. But once Ubisoft announced they were going to make a statement, he decided it was time to come out and admit it was fake.

So far, there's no real reason for this particular leaker to do. If it's fake, of course.

alemerltoucanet

Smash Lord
NNID
AngrySilverBird
I can't wait for this upcoming week to unravel! It's gonna either be super fun and insane or just, mehh with nothing except the standard blog updates (Sonic music plz Sonic music plz Sonic music plz Sonic music plz)

I want the whole entire discography of Sonic Adveture 2 in smash including a supporting me remix
THIS IS A MOOD OF ALL THINGS. I need it all in Ultimate!

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
OBJECTION.

Only Liam claimed that Shovel Knight would be in Smash 4.

And it was because of the conceptual artwork for the amiibo leaked to him and had the Smash Bros amiibo stand.

He jumped the gun and did the link between the two.

But let's be honest. Who wouldn't?
Thar's not entirely true.

PushDustIn PushDustIn and others did hear of the amiibo but it would later be revealed that's not why.
https://www.sourcegaming.info/2015/08/27/what-we-know-about-shovel-knight-in-smash/

This is the first post, since then push has gone on record to talk about how he see physical download codes for Shovel Knight in Smash and the insiders believed it. The amiibo stand had nothing to do with it. They just figured that SK would not get an an amiibo unless playable.

And as you can read there, liam's source specifically said he's playable in smash 4. That's why they latched onto it.

Graizen

Smash Champion
Just imagine that:

You can make a 6 player Game with: Mario, Luigi, Sonic, Shadow, Ryu and Ken

This would explode the world in the 90s.

vaanrose

Let's Mosey
NNID
vaanrose
3DS FC
1762-2697-1591
Switch FC
SW-4679-3965-5961
Not every fake leak gets debunked by its own creator. The Smash 4 Palutena leak was only claimed months after it was proven fake by the real Palutena, and only after I talked the guy who made it into taking credit for his work.

KMDP

Smash Legend
Just imagine that:

If only it was Mario + Luigi vs DK + Diddy Kong vs Sonic + Tails vs Ryu + Ken.

staindgrey

I have a YouTube channel.
Writing Team
NNID
staindgrey
3DS FC
0130-1865-3216
Switch FC
SW 1248 1677 4696
I want the whole entire discography of Sonic Adveture 2 in smash including a supporting me remix
The Generations remix?

That made that song surprisingly killer. I've listened to the 30min extension on YouTube for runs before.

Ramen Tengoku

Meiniac
Switch FC
SW-6056-3633-7710
Just imagine that:

Ummm... Shadow did't debut until 2001
I would love an E.G.G.M.A.N. Remix

Last edited:

SonicMario

Smash Master
I can't wait for this upcoming week to unravel! It's gonna either be super fun and insane or just, mehh with nothing except the standard blog updates (Sonic music plz Sonic music plz Sonic music plz Sonic music plz)

THIS IS A MOOD OF ALL THINGS. I need it all in Ultimate!
Let's get both in at least some way. Wednesday is Halloween. Pumpkin Hill remix plz :V

Not gonna happen. But the Knuckles raps were so fun heh

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom