• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

RyuhoFox

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW 1285-9221-5627
I feel like this has gotten nastier than ESRB ever was. I'm seeing disturbing parallels to class warfare, like it's some legitimate struggle against elite insiders when it's absolutely not.

At first I understood some of the sentiment behind being wary of taking people at their word just because they say so, but people are taking this to extremes they have no business taking it to. Them going silent is more a matter of self defense than any sort of tell on what they know.
Though tmk gamexplain had kind of thrown the leak to the side before that stuff started happening didn't they? As far as Im aware they labeled it fake near immediately and then refused any discussion past that.

RandomAce

Smash Champion
So I see that Incineroar is not present in the Grinch Leak when Vergeben has confirmed that a pokemon rep was in the game and then later specified that it was Incineroar. Anyone care to explain their thoughts on why this leak lacked Incineroar. Remember; Vergeban has been nearly spot on when it comes to Smash Ultimate leaks.
At this point, Verge is in the same spot as Spawn Wave, GameXplain, Mystic, and other insiders.

The only difference is that Verg decided to leak Incineroar and the other characters while some of the others kept it tight until now when they saw that Incineroar wasn’t there.

I don’t think there’s much to Verge at this point.

Last edited:

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
Say character #69 revealed in the next direct deconfirms the Grinch leak. Which character would it have to be to tick off most of the Smash community?
Now that's a tricky one. Steve may have meme status be he would be an interesting character. The easy answer is Incenaroar but I've got one that would hit all the wrong buttons.

Rabbid Mario

(Not the more popular Rabbid Peach, not the Youtuber and not even a new Yoshi rep for Zinith)

The DanMan051

Banned via Warnings
I feel like the GX stuff, if anything, suggests a mixture of things; the fact we have an insider who seems to have basically blown the coop about Shadow while other members are teasing Isaac and Incineroar has me thinking that those could be the characters Imran, Ryce, etc. have seen (leaving Banjo, Geno, and Mach Rider as "why the f*** are you believing it" aspects).

Trying to argue that they're deliberately misleading people because they know it's real feels way too conspiracy-theory level for my tastes.

Also, the amount of characters left going on that just feels about right; while 7 seems like way too much, 2 + 1 echo (Ken) + Shadow who could be several things (either Isabelle level and only sharing a couple specials, a semi-clone, or an even further blurring of the definition of Echo Fighter) seems just meaty enough.

Iko MattOrr

Smash Champion
NNID
Iko_MattOrr
Say character #69 revealed in the next direct deconfirms the Grinch leak. Which character would it have to be to tick off most of the Smash community?
Normal Chao, Hero Chao, Dark Chao and Omochao in a car.

Jokes aside, either Steve or another Fire Emblem character who plays similar to Marth.

ExitWound

Smash Journeyman
Now that's a tricky one. Steve may have meme status be he would be an interesting character.
How can anyone root for Steve without rooting for his arch nemesis, Sans
If we're being completely serious he has as much of a shot as steve does

Last edited:

Fortnite4Smash

Smash Apprentice
But its already been established GX clearly knows something with this leak, something that really can't be refuted. So they all have sources and are good friends with Bill trinen.
You're assuming that Bill Trinnen would leak something to GX????

GX is behaving the same way as many others are. All cause of Incineroar. You can tell thats why they dont believe it if you look at Andre's twitter0

Pyra

Aegis vs Goddess
NNID
ToasterBrains
Switch FC
SW 8322 4207 9908
A second set of Mii Fighters. Mii Mage, Mii Thief, and Mii Chef

I guess 69 would be the mage.

EDIT: Disclaimer - I would really like these to happen, but I know people would be real salty.

Last edited:

Xiaolinspiration

Smash Cadet
Switch FC
SW-4926-8462-7301
Now everyone is arguing about whether or not a game channel knows anything?
Good lord people look at yourselves. Is this really worth arguing? Does this even have anything to do with the leak in hand anymore?
We literally don't know what goes on in the background of GameXplain, and you can speculate all you want, but in the end it's all conjecture. We don't know anything. Is it really worth arguing about that?
Its because you'd think it'd be big enough news to discuss, heck even people who aren't even smashtubers are covering this. Basically if GX didn't wanted this attention, they could've I dunno, be NEUTRAL about it and stall until a direct comes and saves their asses?

RyuhoFox

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW 1285-9221-5627
At this point, Verge is in the same spot as Spawn Wave, GameXplain, Mystic, and other insiders.

The only difference is that Verg decided to leak Incineroar while some of the others kept it tight until now when they saw that Incineroar wasn’t there.

I don’t think there’s much to Verge at this point.
Right now Im leaning on team could be real but incomplete myself. Seems plausible that unless every insider that is now mentioning Incineroar has the exact same source that the banner is simply incomplete.

Kirbunny431

Smash Journeyman
If the initial video wasn't so embarrassing, people wouldn't be calling them out on it so hard based on their past leaks. I don't see people complaining to Keef Crew or Nintendo Life that bad because they think it's fake. They simply laid out their logic for why. GameXplain basically came up with nonsense that was incorrect (The Banjo render being the Smashified one) and then went silent.
This is especially shocking given that they're the same channel that produced feature-length analyses of the Odyssey and Breath of the Wild trailers. They normally take pride in their work, but their initial Grinch video was horribly lazy. I like how you described it as "embarrassing," actually, because that's the perfect word for it.

Keyblader_Of_Smash

Smash Cadet
I’m gonna throw this out there but what instead of being Wrist Bands, maybe they are Lanyards? Idk if someone has brought that out but it seems more likely that they are Lanyards for people at Gamestop or various events. Maybe something they’ll give out at a midnight release.

Weeman

Smash Crusader
I forget that you studied journalism, so I suppose that's a fair analysis on things. I still choose to not believe him, as I definitely do NOT want his leaks for DBFZ to be right in any manner, so call it bias I suppose.

Also, I genuinely do not remember ANYTHING about the Gematsu leak tbh. People keep bringing it up, but I draw a total blank on that. I remember accepting the ESBR leak rather quickly despite not wanting it to be true. But the Gematsu leak, I don't even remember what it said outside of the Chorus Kids.

EDIT: Also, I don't think he's right about Smash. Then again he did only say Ken and the Poketiger. But think Incineroar is a bait character that's getting a lot of people. That or he was scrapped/planned for DLC.
The Gematsu leak is the one that had Chrom, Chorus kids, Pacman, Palutena, Miis and a Pokemon from X/Y, though i think the pokemon was claimed separately or something.
It was basically the gospel of newcomers until Robin came around, however, due to the accuracy of the leak and the trust many had in it's sources, the general agreed notion is that it was very real, but the info came very early in development.
ESRB was when some short videos of off screen footage of a 3DS were leaked. Shulk, Bowser Jr. , Duck Hunt and the remaining veterans were leaked there.

Last edited:

Shawksta

Smash Apprentice
Why are Insiders so hell bent on the idea that Incineroar or a new Pokémon HAS to be in.
“We have had a new Pokémon every game”
“ITS POKÉMON”

Pokémon doesn’t need to have a newcomer to be given respect you know. Otherwise Zelda says hi.

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
You're assuming that Bill Trinnen would leak something to GX????

GX is behaving the same way as many others are. All cause of Incineroar. You can tell thats why they dont believe it if you look at Andre's twitter0
No but it could lead them to being told by Nintendo to cut it out. (see quoted post) GX has huge ties to Nintendo and the industry if anyone fully knows what's going on, it would likely be them.
Another thing to consider.

Gamexplain are arguably the closest any smash youtuber has been to Nintendo. They are friends with Bill Trinen, and some else really high up with Nintendo. I don't remember who but recently they stated how one of Nintendo's biggest developers told them at a con he loved their channel and they interviewed him. I'll have to see if I can find who.

Regardless if Nintendo is telling anyone to not cover a leak it would be GX imo.

The DanMan051

Banned via Warnings
Why are Insiders so hell bent on the idea that Incineroar or a new Pokémon HAS to be in.
“ITS POKÉMON”

Pokémon doesn’t need to have a newcomer to be given respect you know. Otherwise Zelda says hi.
TBF Zelda's the smallest of the Big 3, with the other two ranking among the top 5 media franchises in existance... with Pokemon as #1. If we're going to be using that logic.

D

Deleted member

THIS IS THE PERFECT TEAM IN SMASH BROS.

YOU MAY NOT LIKE IT, BUT IT IS THE TRUTH.

Nekoo

Smash Master
NNID
Almazu
3DS FC
0259-0278-5162
“ITS POKÉMON”

I think the fact that all Insiders, even the ones with multiple sources says that Incineroar is in makes me think they saw something we didn't. CSS, a build with him in. Or gameplay/screenshot.

Last edited:

ShadowGamer193

Smash Journeyman
The issue is that they're ignoring and dismissing it completely. They covered the Box and Blog Theories...but not this.
“ITS POKÉMON”

Probably because it contradicts their info. With how many people there are claiming Incineroar, I’m guessing he’ll be early DLC, however underwhelming it may be.

EnthusedPanda

Smash Journeyman
“ITS POKÉMON”

Especially considering Gen 8 DLC feels like the most sensible route at this point, maybe alongside a Pokemon direct sometime within the next six months or so.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom