• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

perfectchaos83

Smash Champion
It’s worth wondering why they are staying silent when every other major “rumor” this entire smash cycle was gaining their full attention on discussions.
It's worth noting that, just as vaanrose said, everyone who says it's fake is getting harassed to high hell. THey've already said it was fake, going any further is going to just make things worse whether it is real or not.

Cosmic77

Smash Hero
Switch FC
2166-0541-5238
Now everyone is arguing about whether or not a game channel knows anything?
Good lord people look at yourselves. Is this really worth arguing? Does this even have anything to do with the leak in hand anymore?
We literally don't know what goes on in the background of GameXplain, and you can speculate all you want, but in the end it's all conjecture. We don't know anything. Is it really worth arguing about that?
Honestly, half the things regarding this leak aren't even worth talking about anymore. We keep treading circles over the same scenario: Team Real presents material, Team Fake has a counterargument ready, and both sides go back and forth on how to interpret it.

KMDP

Smash Legend
I dunno. I still can't see it. But what do i know?
(I mean, i guess i sorta can?)
It's the "so" and "huh?" together

People structure sentences that way when they want to mock the thing they're referring to ("Mock" is a bit strong, but I can't think of a better word right now.)

I'm not an English major or anything, so I don't know how to accurately describe what it is I'm talking about (I can only fall back on instinct). Maybe someone more knowledgeable can step in?

ShadowGamer193

Smash Journeyman
It’s worth wondering why they are staying silent when every other major “rumor” this entire smash cycle was gaining their full attention on discussions.
Their Radio Silence might be because they want to avoid the toxicity. I mean, all they've said is that they think it's fake on twitter and people are going crazy. I still believe in the leak though, there's just so much going for it at this point.

Chrollo.

fka president wario
Honestly, half the things regarding this leak aren't even worth talking about anymore. We keep treading circles over the same scenario: Team Real presents material, Team Fake has a counterargument ready, and both sides go back and forth on how to interpret it.
its pretty tiring at this point tbh, yet it still distracts me continuing to rewatch naruto

D

Deleted member

Hey guys. Spawn Wave is gonna go live with his usual podcast and one of the big topics is gonna be the Grinch/Mural "Leak" for Smash. There's probably gonna be a good chance that "the other character" will be brought up, but with this being a Smash-specific topic will be interesting.

Other people might know somethings, too. These upcoming hours just might be interesting...

Smashoperatingbuddy123

Smash Legend
You're misreading the intention. I believe the assertion it's a bracelet is false even under the assumption the leak is real.
I’m aware it’s probably not a bracelet

The question is why would they make multiples is what gives team real the stuff on this one

I’m figure its a beta/alpha test of some sort of thing

I’m sticking with 50/50 but leaning toward real regardless of evidence presented by either side

fake or real (dream roster or not) I’m thankful for whatever Sakurai gives us in this smash bros I learned my lesson from smash 4 speculation

Last edited:

Nazyrus

Smash Champion
The same filter I used in my experiment does not affect the crystals in a way that makes them look more similar to the leak.

I still think that's the same background though, but would that really make a difference?

You could argue the leak is fake or real no matter if the background changed or not.

If the background didn't change:

- #Teamreal: "He got the real background as an official asset and didn't have to invent anything to work on this authentic promotional material."

- #Teamfake: "We saw there was an image of the empty background before the leak, he just used that one to create the fake leak."

If the background changed:

-#Teamfake:"Since everything is false, he didn't have a real background to work with and he had to redraw the parts that were hidden behind characters."

- #Teamreal: "Why would he do that if there was actually an empty background he can use? A person that shows so much care for detail wouldn't miss the existence of an empty background image before he started working on the fake leak and he would have instead used that. The background showing changes that weren't seen before proves this is real and they changed it for design purposes."

In my opinion, since there was already an image of a clean background he could have used or not, the background doesn't matter any more.
Thanks for the reply! you rule

Fortnite4Smash

Smash Apprentice
Pretty sure it was overnight the videos surfaced. It was not long at all iirc.

If you think he can predict all those things and they be 100 percent right, especially the Epic Yarn port and ff stuff, then I honestly don't know what to say....

Jon has made it pretty clear he's a coy leaker.
I personally think this is reaching and way overthought. Jon has been wrong about things too. Sure, he can make educated guesses. But I follow way too many people online who predicted a lot of things correct. Jon is just another one of those people. Kinda interesting how ONLY Jon is the leaker but not everyone else in GX.

The DanMan051

Banned via Warnings
You mean like was right about Isabelle being an Echo?

Or about there being no new DK reps?

Or about how he failed to predict that Richter was an Echo alongside Simon?
He said she could be an Echo, but that there was conflicting info on the matter.
He also never publicly said that there wouldn't be a new DK character because he himself strongly doubted the info; the only reason we know about it is because he mentioned it in a PM to loz18 who proceeded to promptly leak it.

So only point you have is Richter, which meshes with the overall pattern of Echo fighters not being rumored nearly as much as unique ones.

Last edited:

KMDP

Smash Legend
Their Radio Silence might be because they want to avoid the toxicity. I mean, all they've said is that they think it's fake on twitter and people are going crazy. I still believe in the leak though, there's just so much going for it at this point.
That's not it.

Because they made a video before the toxicity began where they stated right away they thought it was fake, and then never touched it again.

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
I personally think this is reaching and way overthought. Jon has been wrong about things too. Sure, he can make educated guesses. But I follow way too many people online who predicted a lot of things correct. Jon is just another one of those people. Kinda interesting how ONLY Jon is the leaker but not everyone else in GX.
But its already been established GX clearly knows something with this leak, something that really can't be refuted. So they all have sources and are good friends with Bill trinen.

Guh-Huzzah!

Totally humorous voice over and YouTube guy.
Switch FC
SW-2454-8991-5893
you should get that cough checked out
Yes yes. I've actually been to the doctor several times. he tried throwing these pills in the air and told me to "open wide" and they slowy floated down into my mouth. strange. This man also has very strange physical structure. very...short, and plump.

It's the "so" and "huh?" together

People structure sentences that way when they want to mock the thing they're referring to ("Mock" is a bit strong, but I can't think of a better word right now.)

I'm not an English major or anything, so I don't know how to accurately describe what it is I'm talking about (I can only fall back on instinct). Maybe someone more knowledgeable can step in?
Yeah, i suppose i can see it now.

perfectchaos83

Smash Champion
I’m aware it’s probably not a bracelet

The question is why would they make multiples is what gives team real the stuff on this one

I’m figure its a beta/alpha test of some sort of thing

I’m sticking with 50/50 but leaning toward real regardless of evidence presented by either side

fake or real (dream roster or not) I’m thankful for whatever Sakurai gives us in this smash bros I learned my lesson from smash 4 speculation
Chances are, it's a template that prints multiple copies on the same page. Even if he needed only one, it would have still printed out the minimum regardless.

Runic_SSB

Smash Ace
NNID
Runic_SSB
And again, the simplest answer isn't always the right answer.

A. Someone associated with Nintendo leaked Rayman online.

B. Someone recreated the entire CSS, made unique models of characters from scratch, reanimated the background, and somehow made a video of him literally selecting the "Smash" mode from Smash Wii U's main menu and selecting Rayman on the screen just so people would believe a single character got in.

Occam's Razor can make people who view the situation differently look insane, but it doesn't provide any true evidence to support your claims. It's not doing anyone any good.
Thank you so much. It's amazing how many team truthers mock people with the Shulk is Little Mac thing, and then conveniently forget about the "way too intricate to be fake" Rayman leak.

Also worth bringing up; Omni was able to fake that crazy detailed leak because he's a professional graphic designer. The Grinch leaker? Also a professional graphic designer. He could easily have falsified all of his evidence, which is the main reason I'm team fake (and because my sanity hinges on it).

Xiaolinspiration

Smash Cadet
Switch FC
SW-4926-8462-7301
Yeah, GameXPlain definitely knows what's up. They of course aren't gonna say anything, because, y'know, they legally can't without putting themselves and their source in hot water.

As others have already said, I really wish people would just chill and stop harassing these people on Twitter and ResetEra. They told you what they think about the leak, it's not their fault that it isn't what some people wanted to hear.
It's not that, don't go saying it's fake without credible evidence and then when called out on your bullcrap you go silent.

But I agree that harassment is a no-no, regardless.

ShadowGamer193

Smash Journeyman
That's not it.

Because they made a video before the toxicity began where they stated right away they thought it was fake, and then never touched it again.
Oh god I forgot about that video...it was terrible. "It's blurry" and "Banjo looks like this render from years ago that doesn't even look like the picture on the banner." Honestly one of the worst they've made. But I still think it's suspicious how they just dropped it even as more stuff is coming out.

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
I forget that you studied journalism, so I suppose that's a fair analysis on things. I still choose to not believe him, as I definitely do NOT want his leaks for DBFZ to be right in any manner, so call it bias I suppose.
Believe me, I would love for him to be wrong here. The characters he's claimed do nothing for me, and the ones on the mural do everything for me.

Also, I genuinely do not remember ANYTHING about the Gematsu leak tbh. People keep bringing it up, but I draw a total blank on that. I remember accepting the ESBR leak rather quickly despite not wanting it to be true. But the Gematsu leak, I don't even remember what it said outside of the Chorus Kids.
To my memory the main point of contention we had was surrounding the X/Y spot.

Personally I draw a blank on the ESRB saga. I'm aware of the timeline that played out, and I was on board with it being real, but I think I was out to lunch or something until the videos started popping up, because I have no memory of being party to the arguments it must've created. Perhaps I was otherwise occupied at the time.

EDIT: Also, I don't think he's right about Smash. Then again he did only say Ken and the Poketiger. But think Incineroar is a bait character that's getting a lot of people. That or he was scrapped/planned for DLC.
Well, those are the two specific characters left that he's claimed. All the other ones have been included already. It's not like it just kicked off with these two.

Royalty1702

Smash Journeyman
Say character #69 revealed in the next direct deconfirms the Grinch leak. Which character would it have to be to tick off most of the Smash community?

KMDP

Smash Legend
Yes yes. I've actually been to the doctor several times. he tried throwing these pills in the air and told me to "open wide" and they slowy floated down into my mouth. strange. This man also has very strange physical structure. very...short, and plump.

Yeah, i suppose i can see it now.
Oh, I forgot to mention.

It's the "so", "huh" and the :054: together.

Along with what I said previously, the Psyduck implies a lack of seriousness to the post (in a bad way, he's not trying to be funny, he's trying to mock those who believe the leak, he did compare those guys to Trump Supporters, after all).

Last edited:

**Gilgamesh**

Smash Ace
So I see that Incineroar is not present in the Grinch Leak when Vergeben has confirmed that a pokemon rep was in the game and then later specified that it was Incineroar. Anyone care to explain their thoughts on why this leak lacked Incineroar. Remember; Vergeban has been nearly spot on when it comes to Smash Ultimate leaks.

Mr. Trumo

Smash Apprentice
Here's a thought:

If Banjo & Kazooie got in, would they be referred to as "Banjo-Kazooie" (like Duck Hunt), or "Banjo & Kazooie"?

Kirbunny431

Smash Journeyman
That's not it.

Yeah that's the key here. They gave a fair shake to the ESRB leak, the box theory and the blog theory, but here they just said "it's fake because it's blurry" and moved on. Why even make a video about it if they didn't intend to give it any sort of thought or discussion? It's not like they make a video to deconfirm every leak that features a picture of Goku. They aren't treating it as seriously as they did other credible theories, but they also aren't ignoring it like they do all other "obvious" fakes.

I'm not going to speculate on what their behavior means, because that gets into conspiracy theory territory, but they are treating the Grinch leak a bit strangely.

Phyr

Smash Journeyman
Another detail that was brought up in reddit:

Most of the characters that have relations between them have symettric placements from the middle.
Lucas and Ness (Same series)
Shadow and MK (Antiheroes)
Mario and Link (2 main franchises)
Ice climbers and Duck hunt (retro duos)
Megaman and Cloud in front (heavily requested 3rd parties)

Is pretty well organized in fact.

KingBroly

Smash Lord
It's not that, don't go saying it's fake without credible evidence and then when called out on your bullcrap you go silent.

But I agree that harassment is a no-no, regardless.
If the initial video wasn't so embarrassing, people wouldn't be calling them out on it so hard based on their past leaks. I don't see people complaining to Keef Crew or Nintendo Life that bad because they think it's fake. They simply laid out their logic for why. GameXplain basically came up with nonsense that was incorrect (The Banjo render being the Smashified one) and then went silent.

Last edited:

Shawksta

Smash Apprentice
Gamexplain probably doesn’t know anything, yeah, it’s conjecture

That’s not the problem, what I want to know is why they would ignore it and not even mention it a tiny bit in their discussion video. They didn’t even reference it to the new plant item.
You can’t tell me they didnt notice the big uproar of attention the leak has gotten, especially since they record the discussion after the week of smash updates is done , which is long after the leak details.

I’m not even saying I want their discussion about whether it’s real or fake to avoid backlash, just talking about the idea of the characters leaked and if it would make them hype.

Cycrum

Smash Apprentice
Say character #69 revealed in the next direct deconfirms the Grinch leak. Which character would it have to be to tick off most of the Smash community?
Anyone, because the Grinch leak being disconfirmed would likely bring speculation to the state it was in before then, and people would be way more pessimistic in general about every character’s (aside from a few who were rumored to be in according to insiders) chances.

Smashoperatingbuddy123

Smash Legend
So I see that Incineroar is not present in the Grinch Leak when Vergeben has confirmed that a pokemon rep was in the game and then later specified that it was Incineroar. Anyone care to explain their thoughts on why this leak lacked Incineroar. Remember; Vergeban has been nearly spot on when it comes to Smash Ultimate leaks.
Simple

Remember gemusatu

Chrom and chorus kids were thought be in the game but cut later in development

So similar case here for incineroar probably

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom