• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
See you in a few hours!
Breh I'm kidding. You don't have to that for some dumbass on the internet like me. I nearly got hit by a car yesterday, the only picture or anything of me there should be is in a "List of people who almost died holy ****"
real talk
i hope the next game is an Ultimate port
and it just gets ported forever and updated

:denzel:
Breh you say that like it's a bad thing

Ramen Tengoku

Meiniac
Switch FC
SW-6056-3633-7710
Last edited:

Robertman2

IT'S HAPPENING!!!!
NNID
Robertman2
3DS FC
0259-1071-1157
I think Brawl was just the exception. Ultimate seems to be following For’s rules of newcomers being introduced in twos as strictly from the same series (see: :ultsimon::ultrichter:, :ultpalutena::ultdarkpit:, :ultrobin::ultlucina:, :ultgreninja::4charizard:)

And yes I know Charizard was technically a veteran and Dark Pit didn’t get a tag line due to being secret (even though Lucina ironically did) but still
Robin and Lucina had Captain Falcon revealed

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
Robin and Lucina had Captain Falcon revealed
Captain Falcon’s a veteran tho. I mean strictly newcomers

Also on a side note when talking about Nintendo characters in third party fighters a few pages back someone mentioned 2B in SC6 being like Bayonetta if she was in street fighter and

Thanks i unironically want Bayonetta in Street Fighter now

Last edited:

Noipoi

Howdy!
Breh I'm kidding. You don't have to that for some ******* on the internet like me. I nearly got hit by a car yesterday, the only picture or anything of me there should be is in a "List of people who almost died holy ****"
I've already committed. Once I make a promise I keep it, or at least apologize profusely when I can't keep it.

Union of Darkness

Smash Ace
I don't think "the major spots that the leaker messed up if fake are the spots that are always covered up by characters in the available mural" is a lot of assumptions.

Here's a real example of Occam's Razer.
  • First we need to believe the leaker is Eric, and not someone impersonating him, he's come forth and we need to assume he's lying as well.
  • Then we need to assume Marina is lying about working on Ultimate.
  • If they aren't lying, we have to assume that the Eric (or the leaker) has to be working at ACP as well.
  • In order to assume that ACP or Marina is involved we have to assume they're working on the Grinch promo material when none have confirmed it, and none have any connections to Universal or Nintendo it seems.
  • We also have to assume that the leaker has no connections to the Chad Ganondorf leak and it's all a coincidence, if he really was just a printer at ACP how would he even possibly know what characters were cut?
I like this line of thinking. This being true is based on an amount of a assumptions I can't get behind.

Prodis

Smash Rookie
The only trailers having 2 new characters from Smash 4 and Ultimate had Lucina/Robin and Simon/Richter. But both were from the same series. I can't see Ken/Incineroar being in the same trailer (if we assume Box Theory is correct). I also have a hard time picturing any combination thereof with any character set beyond a duo or something insane like Banjo & Kazooie and Minecraft Steve.
I could see Shantae and Banjo/Kazooie being in the same trailer, with them both being Western Third-Parties .

D

Deleted member

I was already corrected by someone and I admit I was wrong on that, but thank you for the unnecessarily vitriolic response.

Let me just remind you though that a lot of the evidence on both sides is pretty speculative.
Being blunt isn't being vitriolic. I was being neither spiteful nor malignant. Stop getting upset because people correct you when you're wrong, I'm not here to mind your feelings.

Also, it's BECAUSE both sides are speculative that we're resorting to Occam's Razor. That's literally what Occam's Razor is for. Again, if you're not familiar with this concept, do a simple google search, and read up on it. Learn something new. I already posted links to what it is, as well as a video that provides an example.

Last edited by a moderator:

Paperchampion23

Smash Champion
>How do we know that? Couldn't the "leaker" have put it out there themselves or sent it out to an accomplice? Do we even know that a video actually exists and that it came from Snapchat?
>The scrubbing job is awfully done, leaving the top part clear and easily readable; either they were an idiot or it was someone attempting to frame someone else
>He left the one company that has confirmed ties to Namco and Illumination two years ago (notably no ties to Nintendo, who's handling the publication and distribution of the game and would be the people requesting materials like this be made)-- and Autocad is industry standard
>Maybe to make it look more plausible, maybe because that's what the person's job is and the Smash deal was a personal side project
>That's taking everything at face value; plenty of people have offered up explanations, and we've got a professional graphics artist tearing things down and tons of insiders also calling it fake

You're operating under the assumption that it's real and making everything fit that assumption.

You are actually doing the opposite. All of this DID happen lmao and you need to make everything fit into the assumption that a fake leaker did all of this and it worked.

- If real, all you need to say is a snapchat leaked from an employee at a company producing adverts for smash, because that's exactly what it appears to be.

- If fake, You have to prove that this person did all of this to trick everyone.

Does anyone not see why the former is much easier to explain than the latter lmao? Occam's razor is an actual thing and I wish there was a course on it

perfectchaos83

Smash Champion
1. The Grinch leak is unrelated to all other leaks because it's real (Nintendo already got their feathers ruffled over a leak, this was confirmed about a month back so a legitimate leak has indeed happened already), this includes the Chadnondorf leak (likely the leak Nintendo is ruffled over as it had insider development info), and Papageno's source.
The person who said that confirmed it wasn't Nintendo.

Untouch

Smash Master
You're stretching it too far.

A simple explanation for how the leak could be legitimate is as simple as:

1. The Grinch leak is unrelated to all other leaks because it's real (Nintendo already got their feathers ruffled over a leak, this was confirmed about a month back so a legitimate leak has indeed happened already), this includes the Chadnondorf leak (likely the leak Nintendo is ruffled over as it had insider development info), and Papageno's source.

2. The Grinch leak is simply a result of someone working on Smash content for a printing company (all of these have evidence) called APC, accidentally leaking the banner because he was overworked and didn't realize it was confidential. Note, it had to be someone called Eric Bricard as the Snapchat profile has that name.

Now provide me with all the countless assumptions you need to make to assume the leak is fake. Go on.
All I have to assume is that the leaker (if we works at a graphics design place) is skilled enough in graphics design to pull off a hoax leak.

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
Any updates in last two hours? At work.
Any new updates on Grinch leak, my dudettes and dudes?
From what I can gather, someone is claiming that some of the characters from the banner and Incinaroar are in.

You know how when the Simpsons were doing who shot Mr Burns and made a few fake endings, including a full "Smithers did it" one? It may be like that but with ad materials.

NastCF

Smash Apprentice
Did you know that there was a typo in the ESRB leak? You know what people said there? "There's no way this is real, why would there be a typo in a leak?" Turns out there was a typo and it was changed. Did you know that Smash 4's Ness design is different from any other design of Ness ever made? Including Smash? That when the ESRB leak came out, people cried fake because Ness's "Shirt doesn't match previous games and Earthbound!". Turns out it was still real anyway. Did you know people said Shulk was a photoshopped Little Mac? Turns out it wasn't.

My point is, don't get so hung up about a background that changes things, especially when some of it has always been clearly visible to us and not just behind characters. Its easier to just accept something could be real when arguments loop over and over and go back and forth (which should 100% tell you that the background is not a hole in the leak because so many people contest it), as the opposite makes things much more complicated, basically occam's ra--

uh, no comment lol. Please look up the definition and the concept of it.
Yeah I remember all that, I was around for that leak. I'm not hung up about anything, even though I'm heavily leaning towards fake I'm fully open to the idea that this could be real. I don't even think most arguments presented by the real side are that unfeasible. At the same time though, there are definitely points in favor of the leak being fake that are worth consideration instead of being completely dismissed, which it sounds like you're doing right now.

And yes I was wrong about Occam's razor, I'm sorry about that.

PsySmasher

Smash Hero
Switch FC
SW 8231-8239-3130
So uh

Who could be the two characters in the so called unique character trailer be? They obviously have to both be from the same series and never before seen. I doubt anyone from the banner would be it either.
*insert random sentence about wanting Elma/KOS-MOS or KOS-MOS/T-elos to be the double reveal because Xeno bias*

But in all seriousness, this could end being like a Simon/Richter reveal, with one new and one echo (from the same series) or two unique characters from the same series.

Of course this is assuming this info is true.

NineS

Smash Lord
Welp, I think I'm gonna take a break from Smashboards for now...
This discussion has been nothing but back and forth "It's fake, and here's why...", and "It's real, here's why..."

I'm just gonna wait until we get some new info. Unless it's NieR.

If anything related to 2B or NieR in any way comes up, @ me. That is, only if I don't get summoned automatically.

Fenn

Smash Cadet
What about bandana Dee and gooey as a Kirby clone in the same trailer?

Last edited:

T3Z3R1

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-5579-0990-8199
I have to ask; what's the most spectacular account suicide you've seen? What just went down in this thread is up there for me, almost on the level of this (WARNING, NSFW IS AN UNDERSTATEMENT):

clicks the link
sees the images

Well, Thanks for reminder why sonic fandom in deviantarts exists, I'm surprised that I was immune to those kind of images.

Raxxel

Hipster Heavyweight Champ
NNID
RaxxelAintHappy
3DS FC
2921-9637-8816
I honestly would prefer Elma over Rex/Pyra.

Union of Darkness

Smash Ace
You're stretching it too far.

A simple explanation for how the leak could be legitimate is as simple as:

2. The Grinch leak is simply a result of someone working on Smash content for a printing company (all of these have evidence) called APC, accidentally leaking the banner because he was overworked and didn't realize it was confidential. Note, it had to be someone called Eric Bricard as the Snapchat profile has that name.

Now provide me with all the countless assumptions you need to make to assume the leak is fake. Go on.
You just made at least 5 assumptions.

alemerltoucanet

Smash Lord
NNID
AngrySilverBird
From what I can gather, someone is claiming that some of the characters from the banner and Incinaroar are in.

You know how when the Simpsons were doing who shot Mr Burns and made a few fake endings, including a full "Smithers did it" one? It may be like that but with ad materials.
Ohhh okay, what about who this "someone" is?

Untouch

Smash Master
What about bandana Dee and gooey as a Kirby clone in the same trailer?
I feel it's pretty unlikely that Kirby is ever getting an echo unfortunately, Sakurai commented on how hard it is becoming to add to kirby when every character is added.

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
And yeah I think from here on out I’ll be taking a break from SB, it’s all the same song and dance at this point

But I’ll probably come running if a direct is announced soon. That is if I’m not at work.

Also pls @ me if my gurl is in somehow

D

Deleted member

All I have to assume is that the leaker (if we works at a graphics design place) is skilled enough in graphics design to pull off a hoax leak.
So, you're going to assume that a 50 year old man with a family is familiar with the Smash fanbase, the trademarks Nintendo is making, very obscure gaming characters to the greatest of detail, and is fluent is English despite being French, AND that he took the time out of his busy work day and family life to troll the internet for 2 weeks? Really?

Because that's already way more, and less likely assumptions than the two I made.

Smashoperatingbuddy123

Smash Legend
So uh

Who could be the two characters in the so called unique character trailer be? They obviously have to both be from the same series and never before seen. I doubt anyone from the banner would be it either.
I think we talk about this one a while ago

And no different than the creditable source people could be setting himself/herself up for embarrassment of getting faulty information or being wrong about something

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom