• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
To be honest, I don’t think it’s wise to completely disregard what some “insiders” know, even if they believe it’s something different than what the mural leak has provided us with. It might be hard to believe that something might be off, but you have to keep that all in mind.

The thing to also keep in mind is that if the journalist and insiders have been given information that isn’t real, then that means the information was purposely fed to people to mislead them. Unless, of course, Incineroar truly WAS kept off that mural for some reason or another.

With that in mind, you also have to think of it this way. If a person with information says to “keep expectations in check” or “that doesn’t line up with what i’ve heard”, that’s all they feel comfortable in saying. They aren’t going to tell a feel random schmucks on an Internet forum what they saw or who they talked to. We’re less than two months from release, and even less from the final Direct, most likely.

Patience is a virtue for this. I want answers just as much as you folks, but that’s all we can do.
So, what you're saying is that we're all stuck in the Matrix right now, and the Grinch leak might be the proverbial lady in red?

CosmicQuark

Smash Master
Tbh, I stopped keeping in touch with more than one support thread nowadays. People are getting, um, way too passionate while the release day is closing in.
Which is so unfortunate, because it would be great after months of hoping, sharing fun stories of playing the games, to actually get excited about the possibility. Instead, for some reason, the only thing that brings some people joy is other people's suffering.

All I know is if Steve fans made an image like that with Banjo in it's place, I'd ****ing cry.

Robertman2

IT'S HAPPENING!!!!
NNID
Robertman2
3DS FC
0259-1071-1157
If we're comparing leaks to superhero movies, I'd compare it more to Spider Man 2... It's pretty good, but
It's no ESRB leak (AKA Dark Knight)...

Is Rie Sonomura Rie Sonomura paying you or something? lol
Spider-Man 2 is better than the Dark Knight tho

Hell, Dark Knight isn't even the best Batman movie. (Returns, Mask of the Phantasm and Lego Batman all say hi)

Pyra

Aegis vs Goddess
NNID
ToasterBrains
Switch FC
SW 8322 4207 9908
I hope that castle in Battlefield/ The Victory Screen ends up being a major location in the story mode.

Drakonix

Smash Cadet
Alright! It's finally done!

Unfortunately I couldn't get each and everyone of you in this picture. I just randomly picked a bunch of users to draw. I wish I could make more fit.
However, the castle in the background is supposed to represent the board itself with everyone in it. So technically I did get everyone in this picture!

And now, without further ado, I give you...

drumroll...

THE SMASHBOARDS ANIME POSTER!!!
(it looks nothing like actual anime but I tried my best okay?).

The users in this image are Yours truly, @Luigi The President , @Zinith , Pyra Pyra , @Opossum , @lightdrago , @Mr. Wario , @Smashing Ramen , @Idon , @TotsBS , @Raspberry , @Tougon , @Zachmac , @papagenos , and @Pazzo. . I really wanted to get more users in this but hey, what can you do?
Hmmmmmmm... Is that an ominous blurry fortress in the top right? Where all lurkers like me have taken residence!?
I mean if it's not I'll take residence there anyways....

You have created a very lovely image. I truly love your cartoon aesthetic, brings back a lot of fond memories! I wish you luck pursuing your dreams :bee:

Jetsurge

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-2536-8732-7990
Tbh, I stopped keeping in touch with more than one support thread nowadays. People are getting, um, way too passionate while the release day is closing in.
The Shantae thread hates the Grinch leak and outright denies it.

Ura

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-2772-0149-6703
Did a thing on how I think the final Assist Trophy count will look like.

Mind you I was too lazy to get a Rathalos icon so I used the standard MH icon lol.
Made another version of this list. Made a lot of changes but I fixed my error with the MH AT and added in Klaptrap.

Criticisms are welcomed.

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
Meanwhile some are so downbeat that you'd need a spatula to scrape the remains of their hopes and dreams off of the floor, despite the fact there isn't any hard evidence for their characters being disconfirmed, it's disheartening to see.

Pyra

Aegis vs Goddess
NNID
ToasterBrains
Switch FC
SW 8322 4207 9908
In that case anyone who likes mania has a bad opinion.

Doesn't feel good when your opinion gets thrown under a bus, huh?
you're both right and everyone who exists has a bad opinion besides me

sorry man that's just my opinion
The Shantae thread hates the Grinch leak and outright denies it.
"but you can't just SAY that due to your PERSONAL BIASES **** !!!!! "

D

Deleted member

Spider-Man 2 is better than the Dark Knight tho

Hell, Dark Knight isn't even the best Batman movie. (Returns, Mask of the Phantasm and Lego Batman all say hi)
Mask Of The Phantasm is beautiful.
But my Dark Knight comment was pointing more to the many twists that we are seeing and the huge and weird backstory of the leaker.

All of this just reminds me of Joker’s plan in that movie.

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
So we still at the same place in terms to analyzing this leak right?

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
Has Nintendo ever announced a Direct on the weekend or has it only been on weekdays?
Usually weekdays.

I vaguely remember one announced on Sunday but that might have just been timezones at play.

Shawksta

Smash Apprentice
So gamexplain’s weekly discussion is out and, oh boy, sounds like they avoided the grinch leak. They only mention the “mystery item” and connections but not directly about the a grinch Leak.

This is so confusing, is Andre only doing this because he’s upset Resetera was “toxic about it”. Or is there more to it

D

Deleted member

As a Crash supporter, i would feel great if this leak is true.

I can only imagine him as DLC, and the Grinch characters would make Crash to stand better against other DLC requests.

Bonus if Sora is revealed at TGA.

JacobLeBeauOFFICIAL

Smash Lord
NNID
JacobReal!
Switch FC
SW-4350-2362-0253
My parents said they're getting me a switch by August (?) So between now and then is possible. I kinda wanna see what all the hubba hubba hubba is with this console.

Chrollo.

fka president wario
Also, was that Banjo render “leak” ever proven false? Pretty sure it surfaced around the same time as Sassy Geno, which was ultimately proven false. It was this one, btw.
2C13ACCD-1FAB-4A32-A0E0-B11E40D534D9.jpeg

CosmicQuark

Smash Master
So gamexplain’s weekly discussion is out and, oh boy, sounds like they avoided the grinch leak. They only mention the “mystery item” and connections but not directly about the a grinch Leak.

This is so confusing, is Andre only doing this because he’s upset Resetera was “toxic about it”. Or is there more to it
That's what I'm really curious about. Are they not talking about it because of the (legitimately) toxic atmosphere, or are they not talking about it for other reasons--like, which one came first? They talked about the ESRB with no issue, and this is their forte, even covering much lesser rumors/leaks. I dunno, just everything seems off.

Atmoz

Smash Cadet
Switch FC
SW-5145-1574-6323
So we still at the same place in terms to analyzing this leak right?
In my opinion, yes we are. We've probably finally hit a stalemate in the leak. All that's left is wondering when that time for a direct will come (been hearing some people claim November 1st or November 8th as a potential date) so that it can either prove the leak's legitimacy or that is proves it as a very elaborate hoax.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom