• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

KMDP

Smash Legend
Hey, guys!

Am I to understand that the Grinch leak still stands?

Okay, then.
Alright! It's finally done!

Unfortunately I couldn't get each and everyone of you in this picture. I just randomly picked a bunch of users to draw. I wish I could make more fit.
However, the castle in the background is supposed to represent the board itself with everyone in it. So technically I did get everyone in this picture!

And now, without further ado, I give you...

drumroll...

THE SMASHBOARDS ANIME POSTER!!!
(it looks nothing like actual anime but I tried my best okay?).

The users in this image are Yours truly, @Luigi The President , @Zinith , Pyra Pyra , @Opossum , @lightdrago , @Mr. Wario , Ramen Tengoku Ramen Tengoku , @Idon , @TotsBS , @Raspberry , @Tougon , @Zachmac , papagenos papagenos , and @Pazzo. . I really wanted to get more users in this but hey, what can you do?
This is great.

(Personally, I think TotsBS should have been a guy wearing a Scott the Woz mask. XD)

Nekoo

Smash Master
NNID
Almazu
3DS FC
0259-0278-5162
My reaction: “Huh, I’m wrong. But Shulk’s in so...”
I mean Snake, Richter, Chrom, Roy and Cloud are in for me so Idfc but... I mean watching the meltdown happens with a pop-corn.

And preparing myself to draw smash Characters for 74+ days if it's true

Yoshisaurus Rex

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-1023-7514-9432
The tour's been going on for a while.

If you really wanna clue hunt for them not delaying it, try the latest Smash Bros ad. It was uploaded on the 24th and it includes 12.7.2018 as the release date within the video.
Ah ok and yeah I know about the ad but I heard that was uploaded by another channel a couple weeks before Nintendo did but that likely means nothing. Thanks for the quick response.

Pyra

Aegis vs Goddess
NNID
ToasterBrains
Switch FC
SW 8322 4207 9908
Alright! It's finally done!

Unfortunately I couldn't get each and everyone of you in this picture. I just randomly picked a bunch of users to draw. I wish I could make more fit.
However, the castle in the background is supposed to represent the board itself with everyone in it. So technically I did get everyone in this picture!

And now, without further ado, I give you...

drumroll...

THE SMASHBOARDS ANIME POSTER!!!
(it looks nothing like actual anime but I tried my best okay?).

The users in this image are Yours truly, @Luigi The President , @Zinith , Pyra Pyra , @Opossum , @lightdrago , @Mr. Wario , Ramen Tengoku Ramen Tengoku , @Idon , @TotsBS , @Raspberry , @Tougon , @Zachmac , papagenos papagenos , and @Pazzo. . I really wanted to get more users in this but hey, what can you do?
holy **** you mad man
i just noticed this
you absolute legend

xpnc

Smash Lord
NNID
RexTurbocool
Switch FC
SW-4209-5138-9019
Mod Edit: Please stop posting these. They are not on-topic at all.

I love these pictures so much

Last edited by a moderator:

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
Can I just say how sold I am on this design for Mach Rider ?

View attachment 172598

So good, also calling her 'Mach' is cute... don't judge me.

Imagine if she's :ultfalcon: with a gun and big smash attacks involving her bike?
Given how much Sakurai likes to reference obscure stuff, I wonder if he also knows of this. Reminds me a bit of some ladies in Hokuto no Ken.

Hey, guys!

Am I to understand that the Grinch leak still stands?

Okay, then.

This is great.

(Personally, I think TotsBS should have been a guy wearing a Scott the Woz mask. XD)
Why not a Guy Fawkes mask? Since it's all sticking it to the man, and whatnot.

Last edited:

ErenJager

Smash Champion
The moment we get confirmation on Banjo, i'm jumping on the Gaijin bandwagon for Crash and Rayman DLC.

The flood gates to the west are open.

D

Deleted member

Imagine that Grinch is the spirit of Heath Ledger getting revenge from Leto by making a plan only the Joker could pull.

Flyboy

Smash Hero
Honest question. In this game, where anything can happen, and Capcom has promised that this would be a big year for Ace Attorney fans, what makes you think that?
I'm just trying to temper my own expectations, man. He's my number one most-wanted. By thinking that he won't show up since the two major rumored outcomes don't include him, I get to be surprised if he does. I'm not asking anyone else to feel the same way.

Pyra

Aegis vs Goddess
NNID
ToasterBrains
Switch FC
SW 8322 4207 9908
Ah ok and yeah I know about the ad but I heard that was uploaded by another channel a couple weeks before Nintendo did but that likely means nothing. Thanks for the quick response.
Well, if it was uploaded by Nintendo recently I'd wager that indicates that the release date still stands.
With how close it is to the release date, I imagine they're too far in to delay it.

Unless, they've already made the decision long ago and this is just a cover until they announce. I think that's very unlikely though.

Chrollo.

fka president wario
Honestly, it’s hard to compare the reactions from Journalists to the ESRB leak to this, because back then insiders were really a rarity. You did have a few one off leakers like Jiggenstein, but nobody was on the level of Ryce, Spawn Wave, Irman, Jonneh, etc, people who have multiple connections throughout the industry instead of just a single one like most of the Smash 4 leakers.

Pyra

Aegis vs Goddess
NNID
ToasterBrains
Switch FC
SW 8322 4207 9908
Honestly, it’s hard to compare the reactions from Journalists to the ESRB leak to this, because back then insiders were really a rarity. You did have a few one off leakers like Jiggenstein, but nobody was on the level of Ryce, Spawn Wave, Irman, Jonneh, etc, people who have multiple connections throughout the industry instead of just a single one like most of the Smash 4 leakers.
The insiders are all lying because they're all fully aware the game is a hoax and Smash Ultimate never existed to begin with.

Scoliosis Jones

Kept you waiting, huh?
Writing Team
NNID
ScoliosisxJones
3DS FC
1762-3194-1826
To be honest, I don’t think it’s wise to completely disregard what some “insiders” know, even if they believe it’s something different than what the mural leak has provided us with. It might be hard to believe that something might be off, but you have to keep that all in mind.

The thing to also keep in mind is that if the journalist and insiders have been given information that isn’t real, then that means the information was purposely fed to people to mislead them. Unless, of course, Incineroar truly WAS kept off that mural for some reason or another.

With that in mind, you also have to think of it this way. If a person with information says to “keep expectations in check” or “that doesn’t line up with what i’ve heard”, that’s all they feel comfortable in saying. They aren’t going to tell a few random schmucks on an Internet forum what they saw or who they talked to. We’re less than two months from release, and even less from the final Direct, most likely.

Patience is a virtue for this. I want answers just as much as you folks, but that’s all we can do.

Last edited:

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
I think I found a good way to explain the current situation.

It's like you know there's something big in the bay and there's one group of people who say it's a shark and another who says it's a Plesiosaurus. The community of people apparetnly in the know say it's a shark but then a picture of a Plesiosaurus gets out.

KMDP

Smash Legend
People hating on the insiders while believing the YouTuber because he has sources.

View attachment 172619
If you're talking about papagenos papagenos , people actually believe his source because it confirms their biases because he's actually giving us tidbits of his conversations with the leaker, i.e. actually telling us what he's been told.
Why not a Guy Fawkes mask? Since it's all sticking it to the man, and whatnot.
"We're going to burn this Guy and dance around the flames!"

D

Deleted member

I think I found a good way to explain the current situation.

It's like you know there's something big in the bay and there's one group of people who say it's a shark and another who says it's a Plesiosaurus. The community of people apparetnly in the know say it's a shark but then a picture of a Plesiosaurus gets out.
No.

The best way to describe it is by comparing this to the Joker in The Dark Knight.

CosmicQuark

Smash Master
xpnc xpnc please don't.
Or at least, put it under a spoiler tag with a warning...
I've had to ignore multiple people now for posting that ****ing image. I've been staying away from the Banjo thread, despite how great it would be to celebrate their possible inclusion, because of this toxic atmosphere. I hate the character, but I don't want to **** all over their fans.

Pyra

Aegis vs Goddess
NNID
ToasterBrains
Switch FC
SW 8322 4207 9908
To be honest, I don’t think it’s wise to completely disregard what some “insiders” know, even if they believe it’s something different than what the mural leak has provided us with. It might be hard to believe that something might be off, but you have to keep that all in mind.

The thing to also keep in mind is that if the journalist and insiders have been given information that isn’t real, then that means the information was purposely fed to people to mislead them. Unless, of course, Incineroar truly WAS kept off that mural for some reason or another.

With that in mind, you also have to think of it this way. If a person with information says to “keep expectations in check” or “that doesn’t line up with what i’ve heard”, that’s all they feel comfortable in saying. They aren’t going to tell a feel random schmucks on an Internet forum what they saw or who they talked to. We’re less than two months from release, and even less from the final Direct, most likely.

Patience is a virtue for this. I want answers just as much as you folks, but that’s all we can do.
Exactly.
Think it's a stalemate here.

I mean uh...

It's real and you're uh... paid to uh.... I can't finish this joke.

osby

Smash Obsessed
I've had to ignore multiple people now for posting that ****ing image. I've been staying away from the Banjo thread, despite how great it would be to celebrate their possible inclusion, because of this toxic atmosphere. I hate the character, but I don't want to **** all over their fans.
Tbh, I stopped keeping in touch with more than one support thread nowadays. People are getting, um, way too passionate while the release day is closing in.

Nekoo

Smash Master
NNID
Almazu
3DS FC
0259-0278-5162
I just remembered... Remember when Warchamp and a smash Commentators seemingly reacted to "Here's a new leak"? Back then with a tweet?

We thought that what they saw was related to the Square-Enix "ruffled feathers" stuff... But I was wondering, what if they saw what those insiders saw?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom