• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Pyra

Aegis vs Goddess
NNID
ToasterBrains
Switch FC
SW 8322 4207 9908
Guys, is this saying there is a direct on friday or is this just for the invitational?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-QyQWFVRDQE
It's not an invitational if I remember correctly.
People are able to openly sign up for the tournament.

I don't think there will be a direct. However, I've got a hunch that it'll be a little more interesting than your standard E3 demo tournament.

Gyrom8

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-4844-4242-3130
That’s a horrible image you just put into my mind. Shame on you.
The next direct is going to be a red-eyed Sakurai (redder eyes than the 8.8 direct) wailing for half an hour while punching a Grinch doll.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
Me: lmao it's funny people think actual insiders are in the wrong and that a random youtuber is in the right
*leaves for 20 minutes cause surprisingly enough I have a life*
Everyone in that time: INSIDERS HAVE BEEN WRONG BEFORE AND I FAILED TO SEE THE HUMOUR IN THAT THERE ARE PEOPLE CLAIMING WHAT I CLAIM BUT BLINDLY BELIEVE A YOUTUBER

RandysRage

Smash Journeyman
Somewhere between the North and South Poles
The August Direct prominently featured several Gen7 Pokemon as Pokeball summons (Alolan Exeggutor being the funniest bar none); it just seems really off to me that they wouldn't include another as a fighter, which is all the more reason I believe the Heel Pokemon is missing from the mural leak.

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
Still better than how nasty folk could get when pushing the Box Theory. At least this leak actually encourages speculation.
to be fair, people are being especially nasty about this "leak".
It's really a "pick your poison" case, isn't it? Support a leak that has more characters, but isn't entirely certain to be real, or support preliminary promotional material that may or may not help in Count Veger's favor (since he assumes Ken and Incineroar).

A tournament with the characters in this leak announced the day before and the banner panorama was made for it.

The only thing that makes sense to me now (which is why it's not true).
The tournament will just have this, again:

Last edited:

Pyra

Aegis vs Goddess
NNID
ToasterBrains
Switch FC
SW 8322 4207 9908
Me: lmao it's funny people think actual insiders are in the wrong and that a random youtuber is in the right
*leaves for 20 minutes cause surprisingly enough I have a life*
Everyone in that time: INSIDERS HAVE BEEN WRONG BEFORE AND I FAILED TO SEE THE HUMOUR IN THAT THERE ARE PEOPLE CLAIMING WHAT I CLAIM BUT BLINDLY BELIEVE A YOUTUBER
I don't disagree with you, I don't particularly care more than how it ages in 5 weeks.

Though it helps I'm technically not actually participating in most of the speculation haha

osby

Smash Obsessed
They aren't all bad, I heard that Mania and Colors are really good, and I actually really liked Generations
A lot of 3D Sonic games after Adventure games are actually still pretty good in different aspects. Colors and Generations were pretty fun, Unleashed was great maybe except night time stages, story book games had stellar writing, and even Forces was mediocre at worst.

JacobLeBeauOFFICIAL

Smash Lord
NNID
JacobReal!
Switch FC
SW-4350-2362-0253
Sonic Mania was amazing and then only a few months later Forces came and ****ed everything again.
"Mania was Amazing" lol nope, it was basic at best and imo, only seems amazing compared to other Sonic games before AND after it: it wasn't ****.

Akg0001

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Akin01
I will be shocked if there is no dixie kong in base roster!

Edit: i would be okay with dlc too but i am pessimistic about dixie kong dlc

Last edited:

Sigran101

Smash Master
NNID
Sigran101
At this point I'm #Team Fake. It's not the fact that the background changed, but the fact that it changed in all the places obscured by characters that's really damning. And as crazy as it seems, I definitely could see a rabid fan going to this length to fake it. Because it worked, didn't it? This is going down in smash history whichever way it turns out. All he has to do is come out with a clear picture of the leak banner and say it was him, and he'll get all the credit. The smash fanbase will roast him alive, but you can bet we'll still be talking about him when smash 10 is coming out. That said, I'm desperately rooting for #Team Real. I'm really really hoping you guys find some kind of proof that proves the leak. Go go #Team Real!

Imadethistoseealeak

Smash Champion
Briefly,

We are considering them tho. Thats why we are intrigued.

First, most of them started like that. Serebii outright denied it because yeah. Gameexplain did the worst video ever. This was before we started bashing them, they were using argument of authority.

I used to listen to them because we had no better stuff, but they didnt predict krool for example, another got mixrd up with skull kid who got rydley and simon right (simon before the bloody tears leak).

This wouldnt happen if there were no "insiders info" like someone showed before. Is unfair for us. We are absolutely doing what they love, fanboy/girl-ing their statements because they are insiders.

Ffs, so precious is for them to have that info stuff that they have to be shady about why its fake (but gain atrention) and yet they still want that juicy info for more attention in the future? Am I the only one who thinks this stuff is too ****ing shady?

Look at the leaker who leaked mvc:i. He even admitelly said that "he cant come to the idea of him or his source being wrong". If thats not entitlement, what is it then? At least the so hated vergeben oppenly admitted that "this is not what i ve been ttold so I dunno". Is that hard to be a little more.... dunno, human?
Many of these insiders are also public journalists so they can't just give out info if you want them to. Sorry I can't respond to everything right now :/
I think the problem is, like you said, they give no evidence--but they are aggressively against this leak. It's how aggressive they are in their denial and certainty. That being said, the toxicity that has developed after this leak is troublesome, and so I don't blame them for taking issue with some of the reactions fans have had. But "I told you so" is not good enough--it's different when an insider makes a definitive claim "x is in" rather than "this is fake". We're waiting for a "because" in the latter, but not the former. That's the difference, I believe. And, of course, if that reason is something they cannot share, perfectly understandable. But they should also understand that "I told you so" also isn't good enough for people to believe them (especially when instead they give BS speculation and state it as if it's fact). And some are, though some are fairly arrogant in their stances. I'm personally waiting for "this leak is fake because x isn't in" rather than a character isn't in the image, as then their stance is an assumption, rather than an outright contradiction.
Multiple leakers have come out and said Incineroar. So that's an X isn't there.
What if namco gave slightly different rosters to different design studios in order to avoid completely accurate leaks?
Possible, but I personally doubt it.

Pyra

Aegis vs Goddess
NNID
ToasterBrains
Switch FC
SW 8322 4207 9908
It's really a "pick your poison" case, isn't it? Support a leak that has more characters, but isn't entirely certain to be real, or support preliminary promotional material that may or may not help in Count Veger's favor (since he assumes Ken and Incineroar).
Either way I'll be able to main Inkling so I'm basically just waiting for the game's release at this point like a handful of other people.
I'm on "Team Real" so to speak for the sake of conversation, but if you've noticed, I haven't posted anything FOR or AGAINST the leak because I've not gone through the effort of verifying anything. I'm just watching the conversation.

And for the last two days, it's basically like watching reruns. The conversation isn't going to get any deeper than it already is, and I'm sure everyone's already aware of that, so I suspect the next day or two will just be people complaining about other people some more and nothing actually substantial.

osby

Smash Obsessed
I won't, we already got K.Rool. Not a death sentence for Dixie but enough reason to not add her if she's not an echo. Not to mention she probably didn't have a huge support during the ballot because everyone was trying to bring Kremlins back from the death.

Flyboy

Smash Hero
Can I just say how sold I am on this design for Mach Rider ?

View attachment 172598

So good, also calling her 'Mach' is cute... don't judge me.

Imagine if she's :ultfalcon: with a gun and big smash attacks involving her bike?
Legit I hope they go with this at least as an alt. It's just so cool. I also love the red-white-and-blue look, very heroic. I want her to do cool Kamen Rider acrobatic moves, grind people's faces with a wheelie, and have cool projectiles.

It's funny, my number one retro want was Ayumi but I think Mach Rider now ties with her. I'm just a sucker for anything tokusatsu. I hope she's in.

Chrollo.

fka president wario
Gamexplain reported on them, unlike this one, but don't know what their opinions were. RogersBase, which pops up there from time to time, was on Team Real then and Team Fake here. Not sure, though, as what may be happening may also be unprecedented, at least that's the way it looks.
Derrick from Gamexplain thought the ESRB leak was fake iirc

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
Just remove the cleavage and then the design would perfect for me.

I like Anime Girl Mach Rider more and I think at least her looks should at least be based on this one with the NES Arcade outfit.
What if suitless Mach Rider was an alt outfit? Not sure how that would work, but it'd be funny.

Sonic Mania was amazing and then only a few months later Forces came and ****ed everything again.
But we're getting Team Racing by Sumo Digital next year (who decided to have the game delayed so it's done right), so it's all good. Plus the IDW comic is cool.

If there's any franchise that's "poor boy" right now, it's Bubsy. Made a comeback that proceeded to mess it all up.

Last edited:

Wiziliz

Smash Journeyman
:ultzelda:
She's way too precious this time...
It doesn't hurt that she's my go-to Zelda character anyways,
Ganondorf is bad-ass in Ocarina of Time, and as someone who's still yet to play Melee, I'm hyped to play as him for the first time! I hope he's good.

Yoshisaurus Rex

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-1023-7514-9432
Hey guys, unrelated and maybe dumb question but with the Wendy’s Tailgate Tour going around, does that mean the game is more likely to meet its expected release date or does the tour mean nothing related to that? I hope I made sense on that.

Akg0001

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Akin01
I won't, we already got K.Rool. Not a death sentence for Dixie but enough reason to not add her if she's not an echo. Not to mention she probably didn't have a huge support during the ballot because everyone was trying to bring Kremlins back from the death.
But how you explain this: Dark Samus in base roster but no dixie kong? I mean i know she could be dlc but i kinda doubt she is dlc material :/

IMainKingKRool

Smash Journeyman
NNID
NYEH_HEH_HEH
k. rool towered over her in the ballot days, so i wouldn't be too terribly surprised if she was left out this time in favor of more popular characters. she definitely deserves a spot, even if it's just as a diddy echo, but i wouldn't hold my breath. she's probably got a better shot as dlc, especially if there's a new donkey kong country at any point during ultimate's lifespan.

AzureFlame4

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
4811-6946-8468
I don't see any reason why we can't live in a world where the leak is real and the insiders are still right about Incineroar.

Chrollo.

fka president wario
Honestly, the only way I can Incineroar as DLC is if they seen him as low priority and couldn’t finish him in time like MewTwo in 4. Other than that, either he’s in or he’s out.

CosmicQuark

Smash Master
Briefly,

Many of these insiders are also public journalists so they can't just give out info if you want them to. Sorry I can't respond to everything right now :/

Multiple leakers have come out and said Incineroar. So that's an X isn't there.

Possible, but I personally doubt it.
You misread what I said, as I was contrasting that with a character not in the image (e.g., Incineroar). That is, I'm waiting for them to say a character that's in the image is not in the game (which they most likely can't do unless they know the full roster--but it's the only thing that would clear up any possible false assumptions, without specifically naming a character). I could have made that clearer, though.

Jovahexeon Joranvexeon

Smash Champion
Neither leak has my most-wanted and I seriously doubt Phoenix Wright or Elma are being saved for a big reveal,
Honest question. In this game, where anything can happen, and Capcom has promised that this would be a big year for Ace Attorney fans, what makes you think that?

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
Either way I'll be able to main Inkling so I'm basically just waiting for the game's release at this point like a handful of other people.
I'm on "Team Real" so to speak for the sake of conversation, but if you've noticed, I haven't posted anything FOR or AGAINST the leak because I've not gone through the effort of verifying anything. I'm just watching the conversation.

And for the last two days, it's basically like watching reruns. The conversation isn't going to get any deeper than it already is, and I'm sure everyone's already aware of that, so I suspect the next day or two will just be people complaining about other people some more and nothing actually substantial.
Yeah...which is why I'm tempted to stick to support threads or just play games for a bit, this current situation is plain tiresome.

Legit I hope they go with this at least as an alt. It's just so cool. I also love the red-white-and-blue look, very heroic. I want her to do cool Kamen Rider acrobatic moves, grind people's faces with a wheelie, and have cool projectiles.

It's funny, my number one retro want was Ayumi but I think Mach Rider now ties with her. I'm just a sucker for anything tokusatsu. I hope she's in.
Speaking of toku, it's funny that we have a Rider as a possibility, since the current mood is nothing but TATAKAE right now. Shirakura would be amused at seeing the arguments, I'd wager.

Last edited:

Pyra

Aegis vs Goddess
NNID
ToasterBrains
Switch FC
SW 8322 4207 9908
Hey guys, unrelated and maybe dumb question but with the Wendy’s Tailgate Tour going around, does that mean the game is more likely to meet its expected release date or does the tour mean nothing related to that? I hope I made sense on that.
The tour's been going on for a while.

If you really wanna clue hunt for them not delaying it, try the latest Smash Bros ad. It was uploaded on the 24th and it includes 12.7.2018 as the release date within the video.

~ Valkyrie ~

Holy Maiden Warrior
Premium
NNID
IndyGo98
3DS FC
2793-0906-0731
Switch FC
SW-7670-7999-3483
Just remember that if this isn't real that any animosity, and some of it would be reasonable, should be directed towards the faker and not towards the Nintendo, Sakurai or the Smash development team.
Probably makes me more worried how there'll be a lot of people doing that - even if what you said should be common sense.

Also that last sentence I wrote in my last reply, Poor figurative language used, I presume.

(My non-native English is rearing it's head again)

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom