• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Glaciacott

Smash Lord
Technically, as part of the graphic design world, the strongest point against the leak is that it's too early. If Nintendo works as an average company they should send the stuff to printing in the last 48 hours before release.
Where do you get this timeline from? Because, as part of the video game world, 48 hours before release sounds impossibly late

Nap_

Smash Journeyman
I always wonder about one info. If the leak is false and the box theory is true, why in the world Sakurai carried the toy mech for his upcoming project? Makes no sense.

That toy mech still confused me to this day..
Hm, I'm a box theory believer just for avoid the salt, but if we take some insiders info looks like there's more than just Incineroar missing, at least one more. And Ken is also in the banner, so... There's something more than Kenincineroar, so box is dead. Just according to what some of them said lately. But take it with care.
And about the mech... Meh, it could be for something no related with Smash or for another lame boss robot like the Brawl ones. Or even for March Rider or Ray 01 if the leak is fake and there's room for more.

Jedisupersonic

Eight Leaves One Kame Style
NNID
Jedisupersonic
3DS FC
4871-3983-7566
There are dozens of us! But seriously, I'm a fan, too. :D Still waiting for the 3rd and 4th Cold Steel games to maybe one day come out in the US.
I'm using the transcript someone made for 3 to play it early, I just finished the Crossbell games not too long ago as well.

MainJPW

M.T.A
Damm Etika wasn't faking he actually had a mental breakdown and is in a mental hospital now.

I feel so bad for him his whole channel and source of income are now gone out of the window and now we probably won't see his reactions of the final characters.
A close friend of his said that was false.

There was a problem fetching the tweet

Luigi The President

Smash Hero
Have activated hyper drive

Chadndorf leak states Ray was cut
Ray uses a action, mech gun, similar to the toy Sakurai got for research

Means nothing, but I couldn't just not state it

Ramen Tengoku

Meiniac
Switch FC
SW-6056-3633-7710
Hello, everyone.
I am sorry for interrupt the conversation. You all probably dont know who I am since I have been a guest that has been looking at this topic as a guest. I have been here since this thread was started to see people like Zinith become the unofficial pet with his love of Boshi. I have seen the low and ups , stuff like when the topic was separated into the general discussion thread and the leaks thread. The reason I decided to make an account was just to share a few opinions. I hope no one minds my interruption and I apologize in advance if it does.

I wanted to say that I dont think it is fair to compare this to the ESRB leak. It is a different situation, in that one we had many images that showed stuff in the game and we even got a video of gameplay. I think that saying the two are the same basically ignore what makes the grinch leak and the ESRB leak special. The grinch leak has stuff proving to be related to someone that works on the graphics design field, an amazing possibility and an empty background. The moment you treat the two as the same is the momento people start bringing up irrelevant points like "this is like the Little Mac situation". I humbly request the people of this thread to try to separate the two. Dont compare them, measure them on their own merits.

The second thing, I want to bring up is that I understand that people usually have a mentality of either or. I know that people want to see the info of insiders and Verge about Incineroar as a threat to the leak but it isnt. There is a chance that both can be true since this isnt necessarily the whole roster. Just as posible, they could both be fake. Verge didnt have the whole roster, but it doesnt mean that the information he gave was wrong. Just because there is information that can be contradictory, it doesnt necessarily mean that it is contradictory. I think the positions of people like Vaanrose and Zinith are the most healthy ones. Dont try to prove that a leak is right or wrong. Analyze everything, be curious, share your knowledge and let people come to their own conclusions. The truth will eventually arise (sooner rather than later in this case).

Finally, I want to recommend people to consider what they share. There has been a lot of misinformation spread especilly today when people lied about the words of Serebii and Vergeben, or when people brought up points that have aready been proved fake like the gem situation with Megaman. What is worse is that fake stuff and real stuff is constantly posted ad nauseum. I believe it would help the thread if it didnt have to constantly stop to repeat what is being said especially when it happens with the next page.

Anyway, I apologize once again for interrupting the discussion. I have read many times how people here are curious about what guests have to say so here is a ex-guest sharing his thought.
Welcome, Hope you enjoy your stay...

Untouch

Smash Master
Someone in the reddit thread is claiming that the tailgate thing is using the new build as well.

AreJay25

May or May Not Be Pac-Man

NineS

Smash Lord
Welcome, and I appreciate the shoutout. Yes that mindset is a good one to hold.

Man it's such a weird feeling to have someone's first post mention me :yoshi:
You're famous.

You're an iconic member to all the guests.
I need to work harder to achieve that status!
I need to get crazier. More outspoken! Disregard any and all dignity I have!

but also follow the rules and guidelines as I do. i'm not that crazy.

Howdy! Folks call me Noipoi! Welcome to the boards!
Your "Iconic to the guests" status is also probably higher than mine... From now on, we're all rivals!
Rivalry over. It's too tiring.
Hey guys!
Im back!
What are the news?
Nothing much, still talking about the Banner.

Nekoo

Smash Master
NNID
Almazu
3DS FC
0259-0278-5162
https://www.reddit.com/r/smashbros/...sh_bros_ultimate_for_a_few_hours_last/e8hzx8a

Someone claims in the new build they turned down the smoke and everything is more saturated (colorful).
I can confirm what he's saying. I've been playing (And ****posting here) at the PGW too today, but I thought it was the TV for the Saturation lmao, maybe it's indeed something that changed.

I'll go back Sunday There to play the game. If you want, I could try and find/test more stuff.

jwillenn

Smash Apprentice
Parries, new liberties with Phantom Slash, and Pikachu recovering so quickly from landing a Dair that he gets a mixup opportunity! Edit: That was still an auto-cancel. My bad.

Until next time! :colorful:<-from the face of a man who's waiting in agony for the next direct

Last edited:

RyuhoFox

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW 1285-9221-5627
I'll never understand this stance, really. People give series like Pokémon and Fire Emblem this all the time and pretend like the fans of that series all like the same thing. In a massive series with a massive amount of characters, not everyone is gonna like the same ones. Why should they "be grateful" if they personally don't like the current available choices?

I'm fortunate as a Pokémon fan and a Smash fan. I really like Mewtwo, Ivysaur, Lucario, and Greninja, and have a soft spot for Pikachu from a nostalgic perspective. Even then, I could personally do without Pichu, Squirtle, and Jigglypuff, and dislike Charizard. There are also other Pokémon I'd like to see, like (chances be damned) Chandelure, Klefki, and an Alola Pokémon in general (with Decidueye being my preference).

As a Fire Emblem fan and a Smash fan, I'm also fairly well off. I got my favorite character, Chrom, and my fifth favorite character, Marth. Beyond that, I like Lucina but she's not among my favorites, I have no feelings one way or the other regarding Ike, Roy, or Robin, and I greatly dislike Corrin. Chances be damned, I'd still like to see characters like Celica, Caeda, or Merric.

But ask a Fire Emblem fan or a Pokémon fan what they'd prefer and each would have a different answer. People don't look at how many characters a series has. That's dumb. Smash isn't the House of Representatives. They look at whether they like the individual characters.

And personally speaking, if I had the choice? Despite being a Decidueye fan first and foremost, I would gladly take Incineroar over some of the Grinch leak characters if given the chance, especially Shadow, Geno, and Banjo. "Pokémon has nine characters" be damned.
I think it's even sillier since Pokemon Trainer gets treated like 3 separate character slots for some reason seemingly to make it seem like it is taking up more than it is.

Honestly I still want Salazzle the most. Harem lizard is awesome to me.
Also still want Krystal to bust out of her AT and become playable.

Don't know which has less of a chance to happen.

Nap_

Smash Journeyman
Where do you get this timeline from? Because, as part of the video game world, 48 hours before release sounds impossibly late
Just joking. A lot of work comes too late and the client want it for tomorrow very often.

Ramen Tengoku

Meiniac
Switch FC
SW-6056-3633-7710

I mean, that gun could very well be for Mach Rider, like some people are speculating...

Last edited:

Jedisupersonic

Eight Leaves One Kame Style
NNID
Jedisupersonic
3DS FC
4871-3983-7566
Ehh I feel like we're hear about a new build. This feels like someone after a Smash Wii U patch saying "they changed this character! I swear!"
Oh boy we're going to go through all that all over again too.

I can't wait for "I think this move does .5% more!"

vaanrose

Let's Mosey
NNID
vaanrose
3DS FC
1762-2697-1591
Switch FC
SW-4679-3965-5961
Yes, I agree and I already pointed this out a while back.

Now I'd like if someone can analyze the picture on the cylinder and find where it matches with the banner. I have tried myself but they look like completely different images to me... if we can find where it mathces and can compare the two thing, maybe we can get more informations., at least in favor of "team fake".

My point is:
-the artifacts on the picture are consistent between the different pictures (empty battlefield, characters, empty battlefield with logo) so they aren't due to bad quality of the picture.
-if you apply some filters to the E3 banner it creates some artifacts that make it more similar to the one of the leak
-the picture on the cylinder is extremely blurry.

View attachment 172468

If we can confirm that the cylinder matches the banner, it could prove that the banner is blurry not because of the bad quality of the picture, but because some filters have been applied to the picture, maybe intentionally to hide the flaws.
It still wouldn't debunk the thing completely but it would be a huge evidence against it.

(I kinda see Mewtwo's face but it seems flipped horizontally, and completely misplaced also; the surrounding stuff doesn't match either).
I think this is probably a dead end. It's such a small chunk of the image. I think that's Jigglypuff, but it doesn't look like Ness next to her, but it's such a blurred ball of mush I can't really make a definitive statement either way.

Last edited:

PhilosophicAnimal

Smash Ace
NNID
Spectros_rage
3DS FC
2879-0121-1583
Well, I've seen some replies like yours, and I have to say, I apologize if I felt entitled to say wether people need to be helped or not. Guess this the lesson I learned today.

On the other hand, I'll just say this: I personally liked that there were people trying to prove it's fake. At first I couldn't believe this leak; it was too good to be true. Later on, as I learned about more details, I started getting excited, and actually believing it was real. If it had been just that, I would still believe it, and would have gotten disappointed in a few weeks. I am actually grateful to the people who found out the empty battlefield banner and pointed out the inconsistencies, because that's what I personally took as proof that it was fake. Hell, even seeing that proof was a huge bummer by itself, I can't imagine multiplying that by 10 from being disappointed during a direct.

Another thing I've been seeing, is that we're adults and we can take disappointment. Well, obviously we can. When I talk about crushing disappointment, I don't mean crying, ranting mean tweets to Sakurai, or having a hissy fit on the internet. We're not babies. I mean stuff like having your mood ruined for the day, or even week. Having the excitement for waiting for the game worsened, hype going from a 10 to an 8. Worsening the experience. Sometimes people are going through rough times and cling to their passions in order to cope and stay strong (That is my case). And I'd say most of us are very passionate about Smash, otherwise we wouldn't be here discussing in cyclical conversations and over-analyzing everything we can find.

So again, sorry if I projected my own feelings into the whole community. We're all different and we should respect everyone's ways to enjoy things.
No, you're fine! Sorry if I came off as as being overly negative toward your viewpoint. It's perfectly fair, the way you put it.

And you actually answered a question I asked before, that I never really got much of an answer to--why are so many so dedicated to avoiding disappointment. For some, Smash means a really huge amount, because it may be one of the only positive things helping them get by at the moment. I've certainly been there with many games, but I suppose this Smash hasn't been near as big of a deal for me as some of those times, because things are okay with me. If anything, I've learned a lesson here myself: this Smash means far more to some people than it does to me, and they have every right to be cautious.

The important thing, I think, is understanding, and at least trying to attain it. I appreciate this conversation immensely, because it has helped each of us understand the other's feelings. It's actually pretty incredible to find that on the internet, much less in the midst of this craziness.

In any case...respect to you, both teams, and anyone else in between. And I wish you luck with whatever struggle you may be dealing with.:)

Smash and debate in peace, everyone!

Untouch

Smash Master
I can confirm what he's saying. I've been playing (And ****posting here) at the PGW too today, but I thought it was the TV for the Saturation lmao, maybe it's indeed something that changed.

I'll go back Sunday There to play the game. If you want, I could try and find/test more stuff.
This is going to sound VERY random, but it isn't. Have the character portraits been updated? (Notably Ridley.)

IcyBrawler

Smash Apprentice

Don't worry about having to find stuff. If you have limited time to play, just play and have fun while you can. It will be a while before the game is out (obviously). We have find stuff then.

alemerltoucanet

Smash Lord
NNID
AngrySilverBird

Mutsukki

Smash Ace

Is it a new build though...?

The DanMan051

Banned via Warnings
I mean, that gun could very well be for Mach Rider, like some people are speculating...
Or it could've been for the Inklings. The only characters before them that use handheld guns in Smash are the spacies, and that's solely for their neutral special and a couple grab follow-ups. Not like Inkling, who's walking around with it and using it for a big chunk of their moveset.
Oh boy we're going to go through all that all over again too.

I can't wait for "I think this move does .5% more!"
At least it showing decimal percentages now makes that verifiable.

Last edited:

vaanrose

Let's Mosey
NNID
vaanrose
3DS FC
1762-2697-1591
Switch FC
SW-4679-3965-5961

Here in Eagleland, I can write my toy purchases off on my taxes if I claim them as work research. I have never been able to shake the feeling Sakurai is just doing that, lol.

NineS

Smash Lord
A close friend of his said that was false.

There was a problem fetching the tweet
Then the lady came up with evidence against what she said.

Granted, both of them seem to have evidence that is contradictory.

At this point, arguing which is actually right is like arguing over whether the banner theory is real.
Seems more like these two are trying to get publicity, but Alice definitely had Etika on the phone. Even if it doesn't make sense...
If there's a new build out, hopefully we'll see the sprout item soon.
I just want to see the Final Build already. But that probably won't happen until next month.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom