• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

DaybreakHorizon

The guy who predicted Sora as Fighter 11
NNID
tehponycorn
3DS FC
4253-3486-4603
All this over analyzation of the banner is gonna look really stupid if the leak turns out real. Just gonna drop that right now.
At the very least we'll get another "Shulk is a photoshopped Little Mac" meme out of this.
That graphics guy on reddit actually said some stuff about why he thinks it could be real.
  1. Who is "that graphics guy?"
  2. Where is the source?

Last edited:

StarLight42

Smash Lord
And if it turns out fake it's gonna look big brain
Not denying that. I'm just saying it might be better to wait for more evidence to see if it's real or fake. The banner itself is probably the least credible thing about the leak. It's all the stuff surrounding it and Eric Bricard's ties that are making people question why a leaker would go through all of this trouble and stuff.

Drarky

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
1607-4919-4337
All this over analyzation of the banner is gonna look really stupid if the leak turns out real. Just gonna drop that right now.
Except not really? Considering what little we have left to analyze and speculate on about, having people take a deep look into the banner is kind of a big deal, and probably one of the best thing we can do while we wait.

Misery Brick

Smash Ace
NNID
miserybrick
3DS FC
0361-6354-4079
Is there any rumors about when a Smash or general Direct may happen? I’ve been hearing about Nov. 8th, but that could be fake.
I don’t think any of this is going to be definitively answered until then.

Confirmation

Smash Ace
I'm fine with the skepticism but having the same part of a leak come back and leave and come back and leave is getting old.

D

Deleted member

Anybody who thinks the current comparisons are anything approaching Shulk is Little Mac territory simply does not understand how incredibly easy cutting out and moving characters is and how incredibly difficult completely changing one character into another is.
God it's so stupid
"Hey guys i feel like this thing about the leak is weir-"
"THATS WHAT EVERYONE SAID ABOUT THE ERSB LEAK DAE SHULK IS A PHOTOSHOPPED LITTLE MAC LOL"

Like im leaning towards real but damn

beans

Smash Lord
With the all the team talk that happened, I'll propose the thi- i mean fou- fif(team zinith wtf)-- okay sixth alternative: Team End
We believe that we cant have a true conclusion with the current information and thus we are at a stalemate, in a dead end.
We believe the only way to confirm or deconfirm the leak is the direct.
So who joins it? I dont have anything to offer and I'll give even less than that

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
Anybody who thinks the current comparisons are anything approaching Shulk is Little Mac territory simply does not understand how incredibly easy cutting out and moving characters is and how incredibly difficult completely changing one character into another is.
download.jpg

Seriously, there was probably more effort in making the fake renders of Duck Hunt and Dr. Mario than there were the actual models in that game.

Luigi The President

Smash Hero
Not denying that. I'm just saying it might be better to wait for more evidence to see if it's real or fake. The banner itself is probably the least credible thing about the leak. It's all the stuff surrounding it and Eric Bricard's ties that are making people question why a leaker would go through all of this trouble and stuff.
This is all the evidence we're gonna get for it man

Pyra

Aegis vs Goddess
NNID
ToasterBrains
Switch FC
SW 8322 4207 9908
big brain
you called?
nobody's called me that since the war

Which is why Team HMMMMMM is the best team right now.
I'll one v. all of you
The Fighting ToasterBrains Team is the best team.

"Now while this may appear to say "anyone could recreate this", I actually think it's the opposite."
While it was difficult for them, how long do you think it took them
They probably started after the leak caught wind heavily
I think the point is that although it was a whole lot of effort, it was still done relatively quickly.

The leaker, should it be fake, could have done it in a short amount of time, albeit with a lot of effort.

Untouch

Smash Master
I'm fine with the skepticism but having the same part of a leak come back and leave and come back and leave is getting old.
Well it'd be nice if there was something else to talk about but unfortunately there isn't in regards to this leak.
Maybe a better quality picture will come forward?

vaanrose

Let's Mosey
NNID
vaanrose
3DS FC
1762-2697-1591
Switch FC
SW-4679-3965-5961
"Now while this may appear to say "anyone could recreate this", I actually think it's the opposite."
And that's his opinion. His entire point is he thinks it's too much work to fake, but he did all that work himself in a day.

Noipoi

Howdy!
Noipoi Noipoi You've opened Pandora's Box now by offering to draw people (for FREE I might add). You are being swamped (and will continue to be) with requests to be drawn! :chuckle:
I expected this. I've made it clear that i'll only put in who I can (I don't want it to be too crowded) but i'll try to please as many people as possible.

Raspberry

Smash Journeyman
It'll mostly be the guys I see here the most up front, with as many other people I can fit in the background. Sort of like Easter eggs.
I'm ready to embrace my future as a fruit.

On-topic:
...But he recreated it. As he said that.
The leaker, if he is who people think he is isn't "anyone", he does this stuff for a living likely.
My point wasn't that the "leaker" couldn't have done that, it was to counter vaanrose's argument that it could be done quickly when in fact it's not easy to do at all.

Untouch

Smash Master
Grinch is releasing late November in France?
I think we're going to get the direct before those pop up.

Pakky

Smash Hero
I expected this. I've made it clear that i'll only put in who I can (I don't want it to be too crowded) but i'll try to please as many people as possible.
Pace yourself I'm still recovering, lol.

AreJay25

May or May Not Be Pac-Man
I'm on #TeamPopcorn.

Sit back, observe the chaos and consume copious amounts of popcorn.

... Just like I would do if I were to go watch The Grinch, I guess

Gothitelle

Smash Journeyman
This is off-topic as hell, but I would personally consider eating a talking, sapient being to be basically cannibalism. Doesn’t really matter what they look like on the outside; that dude is a walking, talking person.

Don’t ever speak about the Grinch like that again.
Oh no, ethics

But you eat chickens, I imagine, right? Yet chickens have been proven to feel boredom, frustration, hunger, pain, fear, and happiness. They even feel stress, becoming paranoid after predator attacks and visible discomforted by unnatural temperatures. And, perhaps most importantly, they feel empathy. They're also just very, very cute with lots of personality. They may not be able to verbally communicate with humans, but they're certainly intelligent creatures.

But yet, you would not eat the Grinch

MrSmashFour

Smash Journeyman
I'm glad you're confident, but I don't know what to think anymore...
Way I see it, no major blows to the leak's legitimacy have been found yet. Everything that has been stated against it can be tackled and given a reasonable explanation, and it's just frankly much more believable that it's real than it is that someone went to this extraordinary effort to fake it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom