• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Pazzo.

「Livin' On A Prayer」
It has been a while since I posted here helping with the ESRB leak from Smash 3DS. Hi everybody :p

So here's something you can try with the background if you have photoshop, and understand what happens to the image because of the low quality and artifacts caused by the recording.

Let's compare the clean background with the leaked background. Look at the spots marked in red, which are (at least to me) the most suspicious spots in the image.

View attachment 172360

Now, let's apply a filter to the clean background: Filter > Noise > Median.

See what happens to the waterfalls if I increase the value of the filter:
View attachment 172363

The waterfall from the right tends to dissapear, just like in the leaked image.

And this is what happens to the castle area:

View attachment 172364

Doesn't it look a lot more like the leaked image? I just played with the "median" filter in photoshop, that's all. You can try!

So, yeah... My point is that we have been look at the same exact background all the time, but it has been severely modified because of quality and artifacts stuff. Don't forget we are looking at the screenshot of a video in motion of a draft print.

(If you want the same result, apply Median 19 for the waterfalls and Median 28 for the castle area).
Mind running the same blur across the entire image so we can compare?

Ramen Tengoku

Meiniac
Switch FC
SW-6056-3633-7710

You know, I really think I can see Skull Kid sitting either in front of or besides Mach Rider.

It looks like Mach Rider's bike is facing 45° left and Skull Kid is sitting next to the bike to me.
Disclaimer: I'm nowhere near being a Skull Kid supporter, I couldn't care less about him.

See above. Maybe the "Another Character" is Skull Kid.
I kinda doubt it, he wasn't part of the original Ganondorf leak

StormC

Smash Hero
No offense, but people who go "why would anyone spend this amount of time to [do X in Y way] and post it on [Z]? this is obviously real" forgot about the grueling process that it took to make the Rayman leak, and how people back then said pretty much the same exact thing.

People step up the leak game all the time. It's definitely possible.
You are seriously underselling how much more elaborate this is than the Rayman leak.

JacobLeBeauOFFICIAL

Smash Lord
NNID
JacobReal!
Switch FC
SW-4350-2362-0253
Oh dear
Mod Edit: Tweet removed for uncensored swearing. Please link to those kind of tweets next time.

Last edited by a moderator:
D

Deleted member

Where do I fit in to this anime? I feel I have the makings of a pretty good character:

Me when I'm inevitably wrong about everything I ever predict for this game.

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794
I'm going to apologize right here for being so cranky and sarcastic. My hotheaded side hasn't really come out in this thread until just recently.

It's just a little tiring seeing my arguments brushed off as "photoshopped Little Mac", especially when I was pro-ESRB leak back in the day and found that argument to be a huge stretch. Heck, if an argument against the leak doesn't hold up, I'll even call it out. I don't want to use faulty arguments.

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
I can see how someone would perceive those bright spots near the bottom of Rider's little area there as the Mask's eyes and spikes, but it doesn't look like there's a body there. No limbs, no straw hat. Makes me think it's just the blur playing tricks and they're just highlights on the bike.
Actually yeah can somebody tell me what part of Ken is actually Ken, because it just looks like a torso on my end.

Ramen Tengoku

Meiniac
Switch FC
SW-6056-3633-7710
Okay, scrap my comic relief thing...
I'm the character with the red hair and the short temper

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

So, my dear readers, the ambient is like this:

We have a new challenger that is bringing good points to Team Real, and Team Fake is at the moment looking for a few more proves. The thing is still pretty divided, doh.

What do i, the narrator, think about this you may ask? Well, since i always expected my most wanted as a DLC rep, i don’t worry a lot about our nasty Grinch. However, it is fun to read this thread and make dumb posts for the sake of fun.

Next time, we may see another new twist on the table. Tune in at the same Smash Time, and same Smash Channel.

Raspberry

Smash Journeyman
You know, I think Nintendo and Sakurai are overjoyed.

We've got the biggest leak ever in our hands, which supposedly spoils the complete roster, including many more highly-requested characters than expected, yet the absolute uncertainty surrounding it will make the next Direct be just as intense and surprise-filled as if we hadn't had the leak at all.

Lucky ********.

KMDP

Smash Legend
The Box theory saga, where we spend several months building up to a horrible villain only for Grinch-San to take him out in one episode.
November 8th is when the box theory comes back, but he's gold.
The Box Theory really is Frieza.

It was a theory that just seemed like it wouldn't die, but eventually fell. Shortly after it's defeat, it came back, in a new form and stronger than before, but was quickly dispatched of (which happened today/yesterday with the Copyright listing debacle on the Switch Bundle box).

How long until "Golden Box" comes and destroys literally everything, only to have it all rewound less than 5 minutes later.

Last edited:

TheCJBrine

Smash Legend
What if Skull Kid is the proof that this leak and Chadondorf aren't the same :thinking:

I also have another possibility:

If Chadondorf is connected, it's not the same guy who took the snapchat video, but instead the teenager or child who put screenshots of it together after seeing it, and then put together a 4chan post based off of it, only for it to get passed off to other people before someone finally leaked the images online.

Of course this is just more hypothetical thinking and proves nothing, but y'know.

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794
How the hell am I not the comic relief? I’ve made nothing but meme posts here.
Two people can be the comic relief. Let's of animes have more then one.

Just look at the Shrek series, it has both Donkey and **** 'n Boots to help break the tension.

Edit: Autocensor strikes again.

Last edited:

Untouch

Smash Master
It has been a while since I posted here helping with the ESRB leak from Smash 3DS. Hi everybody :p

So here's something you can try with the background if you have photoshop, and understand what happens to the image because of the low quality and artifacts caused by the recording.

Let's compare the clean background with the leaked background. Look at the spots marked in red, which are (at least to me) the most suspicious spots in the image.

View attachment 172360

Now, let's apply a filter to the clean background: Filter > Noise > Median.

See what happens to the waterfalls if I increase the value of the filter:
View attachment 172363

The waterfall from the right tends to dissapear, just like in the leaked image.

And this is what happens to the castle area:

View attachment 172364

Doesn't it look a lot more like the leaked image? I just played with the "median" filter in photoshop, that's all. You can try!

So, yeah... My point is that we have been look at the same exact background all the time, but it has been severely modified because of quality and artifacts stuff. Don't forget we are looking at the screenshot of a video in motion of a draft print.

(If you want the same result, apply Median 19 for the waterfalls and Median 28 for the castle area).
Can you put this filter over the whole image?
I want to see the entire thing when it's like that, so we can compare if it even looks slightly close to what we have right now, because you're blurred this significantly more than what the compression has done.

Last edited:

MysticKnives

Smash Ace
???

I'm just saying it's good evidence and that Team Real (why the **** do we even have teams here? Can't we just debate the merits and demerits of the leak without grouping into factions?) hasn't presented solid conclusive evidence like this yet.
Curious what the evidence for team fake is that has you so convinced

Chiroz

Tier Lists? Foolish...
NNID
Zykrex
You are comparing the looping banner to the non looping banner, so I'd like to first compare it to the non-looping version, but this is interesting. Each update to the banner has pushed the cast further into the background, but the leak has pulled them forward.
I had noticed this and already told people about it (forgot to tell you). That said, I never tried to compare it to the Simon Belmont one. While I know a lot of people don't want to believe it's fake... Possibly the leaker used the Simon Belmont to create the image?

D

Deleted member

How much money do i have to pay to appear in the anime?

As a villain, i demand answers.

DaybreakHorizon

The guy who predicted Sora as Fighter 11
NNID
tehponycorn
3DS FC
4253-3486-4603
At this point, I want a Smash Speculation anime. It would last for 40 episodes on each part of Smash Spec. (Teaser Saga, E3 Saga, August Saga, Grinch Saga, Release is a 10 part finale).
Sagas would definitely be as such:
  • Teaser Mini-Arc as the first three episodes
  • First Drought Arc as the next three to four
  • The E3 Reveal Arc for the next four
  • 1st Cour ends with the teasing of Vergeben and loz18 as major recurring antagonists
  • 2nd Cour begins with the Leak Assault Arc, which takes up most of the season (think similar to the upcoming Overhaul Arc in MHA)
  • The Pre-August and August arcs take up about three to four episodes
  • Second Drought and Japanese Earthquake Drought filler Arcs take up another significant chunk (like Naruto or One Piece filler arcs). loz18 is important throughout, but is defeating in one episode by his own hand, which is disappointing because there was all this buildup for nothing. End 2nd Cour
  • Third Cour begins with the September Nintendo Direct, which gets one episode because we passed over that info so fast.
  • Third Drought Arc, known as the Crippling Drought Arc. Includes mini-arcs such as the Sora Skirmish and the Leak Thread arcs. Vergeben goes into hiding during this arc, pulling another antagonist from the story, though Verge is more of an anti-hero in my opinion. End the 3rd Cour with the setup for the Grinch Arc.
  • Currently we're in the Grinch arc, which takes up an entire cour, wherein a civil war occurs with the Grinch on one side and a ragtag band on the other. Who will prevail?
Find out next time on Dragonball Smashboards Z!

I imagine I'd be like Ling from Fullmetal Alchemist, with Greed being the increasing influence of 4chan due to frequent exposure. Either that or Gray Fullbuster from Fairy Tail for a similar reason.

Last edited:

ExitWound

Smash Journeyman
Generational loss is a thing guys
You start with the raw video capture. We know that it's video because the leaked PNG screenshot has H264 artifacts. The phone compresses the raw footage to MP4 (any iphone or samsung does this). Snapchat compresses the video again, as a lower quality MP4.
iPhones and older Samsungs store screenshots as a lossless .PNG. I am not sure how Discord handles image compression, but given the low-res and multiple compressions that could explain some of the issues with the image

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom