• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Potato_

Smash Lord
IT IS NOT A THEORY
IT IS A LEAK

Thank you for listening to my TED Talk.
taking that centered style I see

You and I both know that the word "theory" has lost all meaning at this point. It essentially is a catch-all for "rumors, leaks, and ideas about things" in regards to Smash. At least that's how people keep using it.

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
What’s this Sprout talk? A Golden Sun item? Where’s it? Got a link to that video?

P1ZZ4CHU

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-7373-2961-4511
Isn't that one of the main arguments for team fake lol
Well to be fair one of the biggest points against the leak was the inconsistent background.

This could prove that the backgrounds themselves are also liable to changes, which would in turn render the inconsistent background meaningless.
I have no idea what my brain just did there.

Maybe I shouldn't post into the wee hours of the morning anymore.

Last edited:

Chrono.

I'd much rather have that to be honest. This has caused a lot of toxicity and it's really a lose-lose situation.

If it's real, then your french buddy or whoever robbed you and all of us the most exciting way to debunk Box theory via trailer. Now you're all spoiled.
I personally don't care for spoilers or getting spoiled.

The fact that I could be playing as Ken, Shadow or Isaac on December 7th is enough for me.

ChrisJamie

Smash Cadet
I was very busy all day so I couldn’t keep up with discussions. Did something happen with the Grinch Leak? Do we have new information that support it or debunk it? I would really appreciate a summary of today’s highlights / findings :)

Ramen Tengoku

Meiniac
Switch FC
SW-6056-3633-7710
I was very busy all day so I couldn’t keep up with discussions. Did something happen with the Grinch Leak? Do we have new information that support it or debunk it? I would really appreciate a summary of today’s highlights / findings :)
A new sprout item seems to have been leaked from an official video, we believe it's from Golden Sun.

Last edited:

Noipoi

Howdy!
I personally don't care for spoilers or getting spoiled.

The fact that I could be playing as Ken, Shadow or Isaac on December 7th is enough for me.
Despite the surprise being spoiled, i'm sure once I see those glorious trailers i'll be hype for someone other than Geno.

KMDP

Smash Legend
I’m gonna be real, even if that is proof, it doesn’t really back up the drastic changes that the leaked background and the E3 background have. There’s a lot of inconsistencies and on my end it seems like the leaked background is less detailed than the real art.
Grasping at straws, but the background in the Mural Leak might be less detailed for printing cost purposes.

I mean, "Star Wars: Return of the Jedi" had it's name changed from "Star Wars: Revenge of the Jedi" to save money on (yellow) ink (before anyone asks, this is a real thing that happened :laugh:).

Idon

Smash Legend
NNID
Miyamoto Iori
Switch FC
SW-4826-9581-3305
Assuming none of this is DLC, and that we won't get a direct this week, Smash could release a character trailer every week up until release.

Or more likely, blow it all on some mega-huge direct.

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
Golden Sun is pretty fun, though it does show age in various areas.

It's kinda funny, this year I played two cult classic JRPGs for the first time. Golden Sun and The World Ends With You, both couldn't be anymore different from each other.
Even at the time, it was seen as old hat, but the thing is it's old hat, but done well. Which is why it's a shame Camelot is rusty nowadays.

CosmicQuark

Smash Master
I'd much rather have that to be honest. This has caused a lot of toxicity and it's really a lose-lose situation.

If it's real, then your french buddy or whoever robbed you and all of us the most exciting way to debunk Box theory via trailer. Now you're all spoiled.

If it's fake well... I shouldn't have to explain why that's a lose situation.

The Etika situation is another thing that obvious as to why this week needs to be deleted.
You can believe whatever you like, and that was what I was getting at in my last post. But, don't interpret what I would have wanted from your desires. :upsidedown: I would rather know now who's in the game, as there's many more surprises (how do they reveal, secret mode, actually playing the game, etc), so I'm fine with whatever's leaked (though I don't condone it since this is people's livelihoods). And I do hope this leak is true.

But as I said before, I agree I could do without the toxicity--and that's the problem with certain users, not this leak itself.

vaanrose

Let's Mosey
NNID
vaanrose
3DS FC
1762-2697-1591
Switch FC
SW-4679-3965-5961
This is a legitimately good find, I don't think anyone else has spotted this.

So the implications are that this background art can change then?
Yes, it appears the background can in fact change. Let's see those insiders NOW!
Neither, really.

It proves that the background can change composition, that's it.
Well to be fair one of the biggest points against the leak was the inconsistent background.

This could prove that the backgrounds themselves are also liable to changes, which would in turn render the inconsistent background meaningless.

I understand that people are excited, but it's important to check the facts yourself and not just take people at their word, mine included. This is how misinformation keeps spreading. Someone says something that is demonstrably false, people immediately make a conclusion about whether this proves something true or false, and then people run with it to other sites to share and an hour later it's right back here in this same thread because someone saw it on Reddit or Twitter or wherever.

Jigglymaster

Smash Hero
NNID
Dapuffster
You can believe whatever you like, and that was what I was getting at in my last post. But, don't interpret what I would have wanted from your desires. :upsidedown: I would rather know now who's in the game, as there's many more surprises (how do they reveal, secret mode, actually playing the game, etc), so I'm fine with whatever's leaked (though I don't condone it since this is people's livelihoods). And I do hope this leak is true.

But as I said before, I agree I could do without the toxicity--and that's the problem with certain users, not this leak itself.
If Banjo was in, I can guarantee you'd be 100% more thrilled to have seen him show up the way Sakurai intended, simultaneously killing the box theory. Maybe you wouldn't have been as happy NOW, but dang dude if you really prefer to it to have been leaked this way then idk what to say.

Isaac for Smash Pls

Smash Journeyman
ohhhh boy, how do we know it's from Golden Sun though?
You can trust the community on this one, I recognized that icon straight away. It's right from the games.

http://goldensun.wikia.com/wiki/Growth_Psynergy_series

As I said in the Isaac thread, even if it is some other item from some other series, then why does it use the EXACT icon? And more importantly, why hasn't this item been revealed before now unless it's so hide the fact that there's Golden Sun representation in the game? Death's Scythe wasn't revealed until after Simon and Richter. I get that it's different with a 3rd party series but we'd already seen Snake and Bomberman, so teasing a Castlevania item wouldn't have AUTOMATICALLY meant a playable character. So there's precedent for this.

All the same I'm going to maintain my 1% of doubt until we get official confirmation, but between the Rathalos tweet, Grinch leak, Isaac's ballot performance, and now THIS, if Isaac ISN'T in the game, you can expect a full-blown riot, lol. Isaac fans will have been robbed like no others after this merciless teasing.

Pazzo.

「Livin' On A Prayer」
Any one of us could be the leaker....

That's it, I'm starting the leak-quisition.

D

Deleted member

Grasping at straws, but the background in the Mural Leak might be less detailed for printing cost purposes.

I mean, "Star Wars: Return of the Jedi" had it's name changed from "Star Wars: Revenge of the Jedi" to save money on (yellow) ink (before anyone asks, this is a real thing that happened :laugh:).
In the universe where it wasn't changed, we got Star Wars Episode III: Return of the Sith.

Last edited by a moderator:

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
taking that centered style I see

You and I both know that the word "theory" has lost all meaning at this point. It essentially is a catch-all for "rumors, leaks, and ideas about things" in regards to Smash. At least that's how people keep using it.
It's pretty telling that TV Tropes considers "X Theory" to be a meme. Yes, you read this right. Coming up with a random theory is a meme.

Maybe it's best we all disband for a bit and wait for something new to chew on. We've argued just about all there is to argue with this.
Yeah, there's bupkis on weekends until Sunday anyway, not much of a point.

And honestly? I miss when I helped derail the thread into Steamed Hams jokes.

Fire Emblemier

The Crests are to Blame
Switch FC
SW-2862-0450-4332
If Banjo was in, I can guarantee you'd be 100% more thrilled to have seen him show up the way Sakurai intended, simultaneously killing the box theory. Maybe you wouldn't have been as happy NOW, but dang dude if you really prefer to it to have been leaked this way then idk what to say.
I'm more of the type of person that doesn't care either way as the excitement comes from getting the chance to play as them.

Chrono.

Even at the time, it was seen as old hat, but the thing is it's old hat, but done well. Which is why it's a shame Camelot is rusty nowadays.
I could definitely see why, though that inventory system has gots to go.

That's probably the only huge negative I have against the game though.

Jigglymaster

Smash Hero
NNID
Dapuffster
I don't get this line of thinking. Was anyone any LESS hyped when they saw Simon's trailer? I personally wasn't.
Yeah because the unleaked Richter happened.... Remember how hyped people were over Ryu's trailer? Oh wait.. he was leaked multiple times and nobody was surprised when his e3 trailer hit.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom