• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Pazzo.

「Livin' On A Prayer」
The single biggest problem, in The Collector's my opinion, is that I'm not sure Bandai Namco would do the marketing for the event.

Otherwise it looks really convincing. I wouldn't be surprised if this is real.

Amiibo Doctor

Smash Ace
Writing Team
NNID
AmiiboMD
I'm still on this bandwagon, because I think it's real. I don't care what certain specific insiders think (you'll notice Spawn Wave didn't say he knew for a fact that it was fake, only that it's what he thinks about it) or what Vergeben says. I'm standing by this, and the only way I'm getting off this hype train is if somebody presents me with a credible Shrek leak.

Malkior7

Majestic Space Pirate
NNID
Sagittarius
3DS FC
4167-5777-1464
Looks like Virginben's henchmen are on full damage control mode now
About the bit where he compares this leak to the Rayman ssb4 leak and Springman vidleak hard to agree because this leak (if fake) has so much more thought into it.

Homelessvagrant

Smash Lord
3DS FC
5455-9417-5731
I just hope that if this leak ends up being true, that it is remembered as the Grinch leak and not the banner leak. Simply put I think the former is much more dumb and memeish than the latter. And I'm all for more dumb stories being noted in the history in smash. That is, who can be against a picture of the grinch stealing away the last newcomers from daddy Sakurai. Its a tale of tragedy, betrayal and absolutely grinchiness.

Dan

Smash Lord
Honestly, thank God this **** finally leaked... who cares? Everyone's gonna buy the game regardless.

Do you mean the dev tool screenshot leaks? Because I mean, that lines up with Ken pretty well, but I think I'm missing what it has to do with this.
Just that it ended up being leaked by some outside company working on assets for the game.

Ura

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-2772-0149-6703
Has @PushDustIn given anything yet or is he still our last unspoken hope in some actual competency?

Because saying obvious things like "it's too blurry" is just reaching for the top shelf when you're 5'2".
All I can think of ATM is how there were different fake leaks in the style of Ultimate's background like the Bomberman one. It has a lot of things going for it but it shouldn't be taken as fact until it actually happens.

Onua

Smash Journeyman
To be fair if the final direct is 45 minutes and uses it time wisely you could fit everyone in assuming
Geno, Mach Rider, Isaac, Chorus Kids and Banjo all have 2-3 minute trailers so lets assume 15 minutes
That leaves 30 minutes for other things
Assume Ken and Shadow get about 1minute like dark samus and chrom had
That leaves 28 minutes
That is more than enough time to discuss single player, online, and whatever else.
We already got most of the big time consuming things out of the way.

CosmicQuark

Smash Master
Alright, now Spawn Wave tweeted he hopes Banjo's in.

Internal monologue: "But he has "insider" info concerning this leak, would he know, would he not know, is this actually a hope or is it a hint."

Now I'll be biased (positively) throughout the entire Rumor Wave.

Thirdkoopa

Administrator
Administrator
Writing Team
Somewhere on Discord while working on something
I feel like being Side B'd by a hard egg shell would hurt. A lot.

Please don't throw eggs at me.
yoshi's moveset is getting replaced with bayonetta's; don't worry.

That would be an incredibly arbitrary and difficult task. "Lemme assume the identity of some random French marketing printer to dupe the internet for a week."

That's some Bourne **** you're peddling.
hey i remember you being a cool dude

you enjoying the thirst people are having when they'll find out in like, two weeks anyways?

TreeBranch

Smash Ace
I just hope that if this leak ends up being true, that it is remembered as the Grinch leak and not the banner leak. Simply put I think the former is much more dumb and memeish than the latter. And I'm all for more dumb stories being noted in the history in smash. That is, who can be against a picture of the grinch stealing away the last newcomers from daddy Sakurai. Its a tale of tragedy, betrayal and absolutely grinchiness.
Agreed. Everyone should refer to it as that

Hydrualic Hydra

Smash Ace
If they did a bit of research to find the printing agency, then it's reasonable that they'd also do something like this.

Assumptions go both ways; people have made more radical fakes in the past, and this is just pure wish fulfillment. Everything can be explained here by "someone who's decently talented and dedicated"; it's not like the Ken leak that was exclusively in-game stuff and far harder to fake.

Also, keep in mind: the ESRB leak was all in-game stuff and what tilted overall opinion was the Shulk gameplay leaked a while after it.
It's the fact he tried to use it as means to 100% debunk it. Makes him look foolish, whether it's actually real or not it's nowhere near enough to decide it's dead.

Pazzo.

「Livin' On A Prayer」
I feel like I'm such an impasse, I want it to be real, but my heart of hearts just won't believe.

TaichiYaegashi

Smash Ace
So I can seek enlightenment and roast the guy who said the dumb stuff?
View attachment 171667
I had a short twitter conversation with the guy on how he's only given proof of fakes in the past and none that concretes this leak as "100% fake" as he claimed in his first tweet. All I can tell you from my 'wonderful' chat is....good luck with that. :dizzy:

Last edited:

Raspberry

Smash Journeyman
Also, I can't even imagine the trust issues this community is gonna have if the leak is proven fake. It's gonna be used as an example for decades. Nothing short of a 4k 15-minute video with Sakurai voice-over available in at least 10 languages is gonna be convincing.

Nekoo

Smash Master
NNID
Almazu
3DS FC
0259-0278-5162
So when does Spawn Wave show their evidence as to why this leak is fake?
It's not evidence, they'll just share their opinion, but they say that, in a week or two, it shouldbe debunked by itself (A.K.A probably the november direct)

Graizen

Smash Champion
Honestly , if this was a fake , someone would have debunked it already.

No joke, we are here for more than 5 ours now, and there are almost 800 people here right now.

NastCF

Smash Apprentice
That would be an incredibly arbitrary and difficult task. "Lemme assume the identity of some random French marketing printer to dupe the internet for a week."

That's some Bourne **** you're peddling.
"It would be difficult" isn't much of a counter-argument. The internet tracked down the dude's Linkedin profile and their business ties in no time, so who's to say somebody who's dilligent enough couldn't work backwards and find the name of somebody working at a printing company for their fake leak?

And it'd be clearly worth it considering how much stock people are putting in the leak based on mostly this one fact.

Smashoperatingbuddy123

Smash Legend
I don’t want it true for the characters

I want it true to just end arguements and everyone can just enjoy super smash brothers ultimate for whatever it is.

this leak has the best shot so far of being are ESRB leak of smash bros ultimate

Union of Darkness

Smash Ace
I don't buy it.

Why was a video posted then deleted?
Why was the banner not clear and visible?
Why was the person's name legible?

There's no way someone would put their own name in view unless they were a total idiot. From that it can be deduced the name in the picture is not the leaker. The name is a red herring. And if that's the case, why is there a red herring? It's all too suspicious.

The DanMan051

Banned via Warnings
It's the fact he tried to use it as means to 100% debunk it. Makes him look foolish, whether it's actually real or not it's nowhere near enough to decide it's dead.
I mean, there's the fact it also pretty much goes against what Sakurai's said and is full of wish fulfillment that makes it stick out; but people are ignoring that because they want it to be real.

PhilosophicAnimal

Smash Ace
NNID
Spectros_rage
3DS FC
2879-0121-1583
Well, I was gone for six hours, and the leak still isn't dead, which bodes well. As far as I can tell (I'm NOT reading through 50 pages...) not one person has brought up any new worthwhile evidence to suggest this leak is fake, other than some high-profile Smash info guys (RE: fans) who might know a little bit about secret gaming info in general, but know not one bit of concrete info for the biggest kept secret in gaming--Smash's roster.

Guys. If Spawn Wave, Source Gaming or anyone else not under NDA knew about any Smash characters, then they'd have been conclusively proven to be in the game by now. And even if they did manage that, you might get the info for one or two, but not ALL of them. Nobody who isn't Nintendo knows what is really left in the game right now.

All this is is a game of opinions. People can say they believe it's fake, just like I can say I believe it's real--what's messed up is that, despite these experts having no more evidence than I do, they get held up as an example of proof like their opinion has more value because of their positions.

Come on, guys...I won't tell you you have to be Team Real. You're perfectly allowed to feel it's fake. But don't be sheep, following some dudes that have literally no more ability to prove this than you yourself. If you want to believe it's fake, do so based on your own conclusions.

Right now, I am only interested in seeing evidence that specifically proves this leak false. Sources for art. Some kind of proof that the LinkedIn or Grinch stuff is falsified. If I don't see that, I will not be convinced either way.

Anyone got any?

T3Z3R1

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-5579-0990-8199
Worse part is that if leak is fake and Incienroar does gets in as win for his supporters but it's also pyrrhic victory for them because he will be most hated character ever in smash since corrin as last DLC character in smash 4.

Wambo

Smash Ace
Couldn't the fact the the "insiders" say it's fake just be them covering for Nintendo?... If they're "insiders" and this leak was real wouldn't Nintendo try and quell the swell.
^ This.

Let's not forget, folks like GameXplain like getting free review copies from Nintendo and stuff. They're not gonna fuel leak fire and risk getting on Nintendo's bad side.

Nekoo

Smash Master
NNID
Almazu
3DS FC
0259-0278-5162
Honestly , if this was a fake , someone would have debunked it already.

No joke, we are here for more than 5 ours now, and there are almost 800 people here right now.
Yeah.
No.
Remember Sassy Geno?
Or how people lynched the guy who decided to say it was a PM mod?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom