• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

VillagerX3

Smash Cadet
On the topic of leaks, two that are pretty much locks are a reveal at The Game Awards (December 6th) and two Nintendo Directs (General Direct + Smash Direct) happening in the next month. Essentially, there can be three slots as to where these characters can go, if this "leak" is real.

Where do you think they'll all go? I'd much rather have them all in that one Smash Direct and have The Game Awards be the reveal for the start of DLC.
They aren’t pretty much locks. Leaks are never locks.

Polar Bair

Smash Apprentice
NNID
jac398
Mach Rider seems like a character no one cared about until they heard Sakurai considered him for Melee. Cool addition I guess, but doesn't come anywhere close to the level of support the others have.

Last edited:

Pakky

Smash Hero
why smashified team said this is their design?
this is CLEARLY not the same..
SURE IT BE "scimilar " because this is the same character..

View attachment 171545
Don't look the same to me because kazooie isn't scouting.

But hey when you're an arrogant ass , you're an arrogant ass :4pacman:

Sorry guys but other people can use Photoshop and Blender...

And other people can make poses that's aren't stiff as the box the game is printed on.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

So, decided to make my version of the "roster" with Roster Builder--I rarely use it, because it's much more work than Roster Maker. But need to find something to do while I can't sleep (I probably made many mistakes as a result):

good god ken looks terrifying ngl

Gothitelle

Smash Journeyman
I have a question: Is there any proof that these snapchats are actually real? Is it possible someone just picked the name off of linkedin and attached it to it?

potato69

Smash Apprentice
Vergeben's gonna be sweating bullets, as we wait for the next official reveal to make or break his reputation. If Incineroar does not make it in, he's gonna be eaten alive by a bunch of Smash Bros nerds.

shinhed-echi

Smash Hero
NNID
punchtropics
3DS FC
5301-0890-0238
Ok assuming it's legit, this is how I feel about each one.

Isaac: 8/10 - Love it! Though been losing a bit of hype for the character.

Shadow: 9/10 - I needed another Sonic character. Shadow Is good enough.

Mach Rider: 8/10 - Not my retro pick. But my 2nd retro pick!

Banjo: 5/10 - No attatchment here so indifferent.

Geno: 6/10 - Not much attatchment, just glad.

Ken: 7/10 - Mildly excited. I already use Ryu a good ammount.

Chorus Kids: 1/10 - Even by RH standards, I feel they could have chosen a more interesting looking character, than a glorified triple stick figure. But hey, I've never played RH. At least it's not another FE/Pkmn.

Overall hype: 7/10. I'm cool with this leak.

D

Deleted member

They aren’t pretty much locks. Leaks are never locks.
I wouldn't say those leaks are locks unless if they have some seriously heavy backing. If Spawn Wave is saying this from his sources, which have been on a massive streak this year, then I'm more inclined to believe the rumors about a Game Awards reveal and two Nintendo Directs, which apparently he knew of 4 weeks ahead of everyone.

alemerltoucanet

Smash Lord
NNID
AngrySilverBird
If that's a thing:
Banjo-Kazooie - Not my thing, but happy for CosmicQuark CosmicQuark 6/10
Geno - He's cool 7/10
Isaac - He's cool 7/10
Mach Rider - Nice, I wonder how they fight 8/10
Ken - Finally Ryu got his bff 8/10
Shadow - *blasts SA2 OST* 9/10
Chorus Kids - Now, that's interesting 8/10

No big wants, but still nice.
Same with me. I'll be super happy for the fans of each character (especially the BK and Geno ones), but it's kinda eh because nothing I WANT is there. XD
Not even Shadow even though I'm such a big Sonic fan, I want Tails (though, it doesn't matter too much because Shadow is more than likely an echo).

Arthur97

Smash Master
IIRC, there was a version of Mach Rider (the game) where Mach Driver (the character) took the helmet off and revealed herself to be a woman.

And IIRC once again, I think there was also official art...
The art was never clear as to who that woman was, and all other sources seem to indicate male. Then again, maybe they'll make Mach Rider more of a title rather than one person.

Black Magician

Smash Apprentice
Sooo, assuming this is the full roster, which amiibo are people getting?

I'm after Ridley and Isaac at minimum. Maybe Mewtwo and Roy if there's a new line with updated designs.

KirbyMonadoBoy

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Shulkinator
It really bothers me that people keep saying Banjo in the leak is an edit of Smashified Banjo. The nose is a different size and shape, the whole muzzle has a different shape, the posee are different, the backpack strap is at a different angle, their arms are in completely different spots. The 2 images are barely similar at all.
Yeah, even GameXplain states it is Smashified Banjo, even though it clearly isn't the same. Here is the video if anyone is interested:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0VzQLe4K4VE

Pyra

Aegis vs Goddess
NNID
ToasterBrains
Switch FC
SW 8322 4207 9908
Ranking Each Character in the Leak
Banjo kazooie - Eh, was kinda hoping for Steve 2/10
Geno - He's fine by me... 7/10
Isaac - He's okay, never really wanted him, but I'd be happy for the fans 6/10
Mach Rider - Man, that's a deep cut and I love it 9/10
Ken - The og echo, he makes too much sense 10/10
Shadow - He made too much sense as an echo 9/10
Chorus Kids - HOLY MOLY! THIS WOULD BE MORE HYPE FOR ME THAN THE REST OF THE ENTIRE ROSTER COMBINED! THEIR INCLUSION IS WHY I'M HOPING THAT THIS IS REAL 999/10
Banjo-Kazooie - YESSSSS 10/10
Geno - YESSSS AGAIN 10/10
Isaac - okay rating/10
Mach Rider - never cared before but neat / 10
Ken - couldn't win a rap battle / 10
Shadow - debunk's leak cause snake's disappeared / 10 :troll:
Chorus Kids - YESSS AGAIN AGAIN 10/10

Amiibo Doctor

Smash Ace
Writing Team
NNID
AmiiboMD
Sooo, assuming this is the full roster, which amiibo are people getting?

I'm after Ridley and Isaac at minimum. Maybe Mewtwo and Roy if there's a new line with updated designs.
Every last one. I was going to get all of them before the leak (because amiibo metagame, and because powertags are cool but not as fun as figures), but now I'm getting all of them.

CosmicQuark

Smash Master
On the topic of leaks, two that are pretty much locks are a reveal at The Game Awards (December 6th) and two Nintendo Directs (General Direct + Smash Direct) happening in the next month. Essentially, there can be three slots as to where these characters can go, if this "leak" is real.

Where do you think they'll all go? I'd much rather have them all in that one Smash Direct and have The Game Awards be the reveal for the start of DLC.
My feelings are two characters in a General Direct, first and last. 5 characters in a Smash Direct--one at the beginning, one at the end, two in the echoes slots, and one revealed during the secret mode. There are some problems with this scenario, particularly 2 unrelated characters being in a general direct.

I think that's a lot for one month even with two Directs--but the fact we may very well have two Directs makes it at the very least plausible.

Imadethistoseealeak

Smash Champion
So, decided to make my version of the "roster" with Roster Builder--I rarely use it, because it's much more work than Roster Maker. But need to find something to do while I can't sleep (I probably made many mistakes as a result):

Ugh I seriously can't get over how perfect this is with the perfect square and the original 12 on top, they even almost perfectly have the last row being Ultimate newcomers (close enough imo).

"Leak" can't be real because Sakurai will more than likely break my heart with the CSS instead.

Also....even though I'm still strong on 103 stages being the final number, this would also create a pretty perfect Stage Select Screen too...ughhhh the symmetry and aesthetic....

Porygon2

Smash Journeyman
Mach Rider seems like a character no one cared about until they heard Sakurai considered him for Melee. Cool addition I guess, but doesn't come anywhere close to the level of support the others have.
"Support" is a bit of a red herring. It's easy to see why people get excited at the prospect of a character that primarily uses a motorbike. Assuming s/he's in, I'm really curious to see how it's implemented. It follows the pattern for other retro characters - "how is that madman going to make that work?!"

Pakky

Smash Hero
Vergeben's gonna be sweating bullets, as we wait for the next official reveal to make or break his reputation. If Incineroar does not make it in, he's gonna be eaten alive by a bunch of Smash Bros nerds.
Points to self.

I hope he's not lying cuz to falter this late is real bad man.

D

Deleted member

Has Japan had anything to say about the leak?
Very few niche groups like on 2ch would talk about it, but that's about it. Even when the ESRB leak happened back in Smash 4, I didn't see it get mentioned a lot over in Japan.

SAMation

Smash Journeyman
Would someone be able to compile a list of pros and cons of this leak? Want a clean list to show for a friend

D

Deleted member

To everyone who **** on Incineroar and desperately wanted Verge to be wrong....

....you won.
You ****ing won.....

I hope you ******** are satisfied.....

Luigi The President

Smash Hero
Nah... I mean they’re getting their *** fired for sure but as far as I know ESRB leaker is doing fine
This goes far beyond ESRB
This is a movie animating company from what I understand

....you won.
You ****ing won.....

Hey man there's a good shot it could be fake
Hang in there

Drakonix

Smash Cadet
Newcomer Approaching. It is SAKURAI. Very interesting Fighter. Can only use their Final Smash.

Final Smash: Ultimate Sacrifice. By giving up their character slot, they cause a direct impact to the game by tearing a hole through realty allowing more additional characters to join the fray.

I am on Team Sakurai. (I honestly will feel bad for the man if this leak is indeed true)

Pyra

Aegis vs Goddess
NNID
ToasterBrains
Switch FC
SW 8322 4207 9908

....you won.
You ****ing won.....

I take solace in knowing I didn't think he'd be in without ****ting on him cause thinking about the possibilities was still fun

That said I wouldn't jump to conclusions just yet
Who knows

Paperchampion23

Smash Champion
I have a question: Is there any proof that these snapchats are actually real? Is it possible someone just picked the name off of linkedin and attached it to it?
The name is actually in the Snapchat pic, it's not overlayed. The leaker screwed up and didn't blacken out their name well enough

VillagerX3

Smash Cadet
Ranking Each Character in the Leak
Banjo kazooie - Eh, was kinda hoping for Steve 2/10
Geno - He's fine by me... 7/10
Isaac - He's okay, never really wanted him, but I'd be happy for the fans 6/10
Mach Rider - Man, that's a deep cut and I love it 9/10
Ken - The og echo, he makes too much sense 10/10
Shadow - He made too much sense as an echo 9/10
Chorus Kids - HOLY MOLY! THIS WOULD BE MORE HYPE FOR ME THAN THE REST OF THE ENTIRE ROSTER COMBINED! THEIR INCLUSION IS WHY I'M HOPING THAT THIS IS REAL 999/10
Banjo - 8/10 I’m just happy for the fans
Geno - 3/10 I never really liked him, I’m sorry
Isaac - 9/10 Happy for all those Golden Suns fans including me
Mach Rider - 7/10 He/she would be cool
Ken - 10/10 perfect echo
Shadow - 0/10 I’m sorry, I just prefer tails
Chorus Kids - 1/10 Karate Joe would be better

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom