• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

MSmariosonic

Smash Hero
NNID
kidtendo1996
3DS FC
3566-1932-7732
Switch FC
SW 0383 4539 4118
> Leak is actually real
> Sakurai figures out these 7 got leaked
> Sakurai removes all 7 of 'em from the game
> The Grinch literally stole Christmas from the smash fanbase

Pakky

Smash Hero
To everyone who **** on Incineroar and desperately wanted Verge to be wrong....

....you won.
You ****ing won.....

I hope you ******** are satisfied.....
Don't falter man, keep the faith, we defeated the owls just hang in there.

We don't know EVERYTHING yet.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Yeah if this is real, I wonder what the whole Incineroar situation would be. Could it of been a lie Vergeben was told or is he DLC? Idk.
verge was wrong for other games too, if a pokemon isn't in then he was probably wrong. Again.

Nekoo

Smash Master
NNID
Almazu
3DS FC
0259-0278-5162

....you won.
You ****ing won.....

Yo be a true heel fan and hang it there. Just because the Heroes are suddenly strong, it doesn't mean that he can't use a last dirty tactics to take the advantage.

TL;DR don't believe this yet.

Amiibo Doctor

Smash Ace
Writing Team
NNID
AmiiboMD

....you won.
You ****ing won.....

I am INCREDIBLY satisfied, thank you very much. I could only be happier if The Green Giant himself were in the game! And I don't (only) mean the vegetable mascot!

Iridium

Smash Hero
So, how come the user and guest count is that high? Never noticed until right now. Well, I'll take a guess, but still.

D

Deleted member

goddamn man can we just get a ****in uhhhh smash direct with a side of uhhhh elma

D

Deleted member

I wonder if there has been any response from the Vergeben team after this just came out. Or hell, even Hitagi, if you wanna go that far. I genuinely want to see where stances are, because if they suddenly have this "oh yeah, this is actually a part of what my sources say" response, yeah, they're pretty much BTFO'd.

CaptainCC

Smash Journeyman
Can we please get Andre's analysis machine on this? GameExplain's initial video ignores the titanic load of circumstantial evidence quashing reasonable doubt.

Last edited:

Good Guy Giygas

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-6635-8915-7294
So, there's 5 new characters on this leak, each from unrepresented franchises that could possibly also get a stage. I know Coro Coro backtracked from 108 stages to 103, but maybe this means it could be end up being 108 after all...

Last edited:

Gothitelle

Smash Journeyman
The name is actually in the Snapchat pic, it's not overlayed. The leaker screwed up and didn't blacken out their name well enough
I know it's blacked out, but - and I don't want to sound like I'm in denial, I'm just genuinely curious - why would they have done such a bad job at blacking it out? It's obvious even from a glance that there's a visible name under it, and there are patches where it's pitch black, so I don't understand why they wouldn't take the five seconds needed to properly black it out unless they were creating an intentional paper trail.

D

Deleted member

(Fixed ;))
If this leak is real it's surprising that we actually got 16 newcomers which is two more than what Melee got. I made this edit of this infographic to show how the newcomer count and lineup looks like throughout the Smash series if this leak is real

Echoes don't count as newcomers going by Sakurai's rules. Therefore we only got 10.

D

Deleted member

I wonder if there has been any response from the Vergeben team after this just came out. Or hell, even Hitagi, if you wanna go that far. I genuinely want to see where stances are, because if they suddenly have this "oh yeah, this is actually a part of what my sources say" response, yeah, they're pretty much BTFO'd.
"oh i just had bad sources" will probably be his ****ty excuse

ThatOneAnon

Smash Ace
> Leak is actually real
> Sakurai figures out these 7 got leaked
> Sakurai removes all 7 of 'em from the game
> The Grinch literally stole Christmas from the smash fanbase
What’s sad is that I can actually see this happening.
What cements my place on Team Real, imo, is the fact the guy leaked this specifically to ruin hype for the game. To me, the most legitimate leakers are the ones who do it out of spite towards the game and the company making it.

Last edited:

RouffWestie

Smash Lord
Banjo: All-too-perfect, long-overdue addition. With everything that happened to his series after he became Microsoft's property, Sakurai putting Banjo in Smash is exactly the kind of justice he needs.
Isaac: Perfect, long-overdue addition, and nice to have a fairly forgotten series that had many fans finally get their dues.
Big 10/10 for both of these flawless picks.
Geno: Kinda odd choice, but apparently he's popular so might as well put him in. 8/10
Chrorus Kids: Solid choice for representing another Nintendo franchise outside of the already present ones. 8/10
Mach Rider: No real interest in him/her. 1/10
Ken: Depends on the outcome.
8/10 If they can make the changes necessary to have him actually stand out in playstyle to Ryu, then
1/10 if he's just a glorified Blonde Ryu alt costume.
Shadow: Depends heavily on the outcome.
10/10 if he's actually Shadow the Hedgehog, chaos abilities and all.
-1/10 if he's a glorified Black Sonic alt costume. Having a character I enjoy in the game but taking away all the reasons I like him to begin with? Ummm... yeah that's a yikes for me.

War Anvil

Smash Lord
NNID
BattlingIronItem
3DS FC
2208-4585-5395
Switch FC
SW-5940-1276-1225
If that's a thing:
Banjo-Kazooie - Not my thing, but happy for @CosmicQuark 6/10
Geno - He's cool 7/10
Isaac - He's cool 7/10
Mach Rider - Nice, I wonder how they fight 8/10
Ken - Finally Ryu got his bff 8/10
Shadow - *blasts SA2 OST* 9/10
Chorus Kids - Now, that's interesting 8/10

No big wants, but still nice.
Assuming this is real:
B&K: HOOOOO BOY. Never played much of the original, but they are both beloved. 9/10
Geno: It finally happened. 8/10
Isaac: See Geno, but even more hype after disappearing in Smash 4. 10/10
Mach Rider: Interesting! 8/10
Ken: What, no Akuma? Nah, JK. 6/10
Shadow: Not Tails or a new SEGA franchise, but it works! 7/10
Chorus Kids: T O G E T H E R N O W 8/10

Even though this isn't my personal cup of tea, this is still a great direction to wrap up the base game.

Chrollo.

fka president wario
Don’t know if its mentioned yet, but some Nintendo France Fansite confirmed with the company shown in the leak that the person who leaked it does indeed work there.

https://twitter.com/nintendoactu/status/1055120111948963840?s=21

Also that Gamexplain video was pretty embarrassing imo. I get keeping expectations low but their arguments really boiled down to “It’s blurry so we can’t see the details, consider it fake”. Even when they mentioned the background information, the true strength behind this leak they brushed it off with that argument.

Tubbers09

Smash Cadet
NNID
Tubbers09
3DS FC
4811-7028-1398
Switch FC
5712-1549-9596
I sit firmly in the camp of this could be legit. There are some decent points that point to it being legit. In the end I won't get my hopes up until I see official confirmation. If this is real though, what a roster!

Hydrualic Hydra

Smash Ace
Verge's sources are about to get smoked so hard if Incineroar really ain't in.

If he's wrong on both that and Minecraft, I'm not sure how I'll feel. He certainly had a long chain of good guesses (or even good sources) for awhile.

Luigi The President

Smash Hero
If the leak is real, here's my thoughts, 1-10.

Geno: 10/10. I love you stupid little puppet hero boy. So so so much. Oh my god I'm...if he really is in after all this time I'll die
Isaac: 6.5/10 Don't care for the character but very happy for his fans and glad one of the biggest Smash requests is finally in
Chorus Kids: 8.5/10 Hahahaaa thought I'd never see the day these little guys came back. Representing Rhythm Heaven and are adorable. No Joe tho :( But I love them too.
Shadow: 9.5/10 MY EDGY CHILDHOOD FAV IS JOINING THE ALL-STARS OF GAMING I'M EMOTIONAL
Mach Rider: 7.5/10 Literally what lol. One of the funniest and best choices they could've done for a retro rep
Ken: 6/10 Very expected, I shleep, but a cool character and we'll be able to recreate THE EVO moment.
Banjo-Kazooie: 10/10 ****ing WHAT I had ruled this guy out so much that I never even considered him coming in for like a moment. What the hell. Loved these games as a kid, quite a bit, and I'll be SHOCKED if Banjo's coming home where he belongs.

But again: IT MAY NOT BE REAL, FOLKS. Probably ain't.

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
This goes far beyond ESRB
This is a movie animating company from what I understand
It's a French printing company that does promotional materials, supposedly having Namco Bandai as one of its major clients. Also, "Eric" might not be the actual leaker. I'm a custodian and I see stuff that I have no business seeing on a regular basis and have access to the most restricted areas at my job. Of course, I'm not a total putz who would whip out their phone and start taking photos but it's an embarrassingly common occurrence in my "field." A custodian doing this during a routine cleaning would be totally believable.

The DanMan051

Banned via Warnings
I know it's blacked out, but - and I don't want to sound like I'm in denial, I'm just genuinely curious - why would they have done such a bad job at blacking it out? It's obvious even from a glance that there's a visible name under it, and there are patches where it's pitch black, so I don't understand why they wouldn't take the five seconds needed to properly black it out unless they were creating an intentional paper trail.
To me, this-- coupled with the whole "**** Nintendo lollll" part --suggest the idea that it's someone trying to screw over a coworker.

DevaAshera

Smash Champion
If that leak is real and our final pre-dlc roster..I am more then okay with it.

I do hope Mach Rider stays female and has a helmet-less alt though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom