• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

nintenplayer

Smash Journeyman
Oh, well some people like to think that GOD WHY CAN'T YOU PEOPLE JUST so they start reacting a little bit weird, and maybe even SO HELP ME IF YOU DO NOT STOP POSTING ABOUT LEAKS I'M GONNA which then results in kind of a domino effect and eventually it affects the I'M GONNA KILL YOU AND EAT YOUR CHILDREN IF YOU DON'T SHUT UP ABOUT IT TYLER and once the first three or four are infected, then it spreads to the whole group.
This is just a gross simplification.

Last edited:

Billybae10K

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-4311-5852-0528
Just posted my video with thoughts on the new mural/banner leak! Personally, I'm team "It's Real" because I find a lot of the evidence for it to be more convincing than the evidence against it, at this time. Either way, doesn't bother me if it comes true or not come the next Direct, but it is a dream roster if it's true.

Kept the thumbnail spoiler-free of characters so nobody is accidentally spoiled of a newcomer like that as well, just using the base mural from E3 here.

Thinkaman

NNID
Thinkaman
3DS FC
1504-5749-3616
I'm team "When this is all said and done we're going to have a long talk about evaluating evidence and managing sources of bias."

mbvswb

Smash Journeyman
Switch FC
SW 4561 1118 2914
Kinda curious how we would get 5 character reveals in a single direct, especially considering they'd all need trailers.

CrunchyCHEEZIT

Smash Journeyman
Also, my sides are in ****ing orbit over the fact that the Grinch may be the key to solving the mystery of Ultimate's final roster.

More like, The Grinch Who Stole Sakurai's Will To Live, or The Grinch Who Stole Vergeben's Christmas

CannonStreak

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
Team hmmm for me. It does look too good to be true. Guess we’ll have to wait and see how this unfolds.

Untouch

Smash Master
If that isn't supposed to be the spine of the case, what is it?
If it's supposed to be the spine, it's dead.

Pyra

Aegis vs Goddess
NNID
ToasterBrains
Switch FC
SW 8322 4207 9908
The dichotomy of man:

"Pls be real pls be real pls be real pls be real pls be real pls be real pls be real pls be real pls be real "
and
"Y'all are desperate and just hate Verg, and I'm here to rub my very potent wisdom and obvious charisma in your faces like the #1 logician I obviously am"

ned_ballad

Smash Apprentice
At one point, looking at that image with all the old banners, Olimar's shadow is barely even there. The earlier images on the list.

Chrollo.

fka president wario
I guess I’m on Team Contlicted too. As others pointed out, the shadow stuff is just way too iffy, but as even more people pointed out, the ESBR leak had a lot of things that looked iffy too. Not to mention the background information, ESPECIALLY the Grinch stuff just seems way too much work for it to be fake. It’s like the Ken leak (which i think was 100% real), it had way too much small details that common fake leaks don’t have for it to be fake. The Grinch stuff falls into that category for me lol. I have no idea how to feel.

Iko MattOrr

Smash Champion
NNID
Iko_MattOrr
You got proof the Chorus Kids were never planned? Or are you talking out your ***?
I honestly think that
It's just my opinion, but I have never seen a proof that they were supposed to be in, only people mentioning gematsu and some rests of a missing icon that was supposed to be from Rhythm Heaven for reasons but was still missing from the game.
Unless there is a valid proof and I missed it, I will never believe in that story.

Last edited:

MrReyes96

Smash Ace
Best part of leaks is the crow people end up eating

Don’t end up like the people who argued about shulk being a photoshopped Little Mac :laugh:

MasterOfKnees

Space Pirate
NNID
KneeMaster
Switch FC
SW-6310-1174-0352
Also I meant to quote it but lost it whoops, but from last night, the back of the switch edition box, I super appreciate and love that Ridley is one of the two newcomers on the back. Shows how much of a BIG deal he is :)
Anyone got that picture? I must have missed it yesterday and I need to see this :p

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
The dichotomy of man:

"Pls be real pls be real pls be real pls be real pls be real pls be real pls be real pls be real pls be real "
and
"Y'all are desperate and just hate Verg, and I'm here to rub my very potent wisdom and obvious charisma in your faces like the #1 logician I obviously am"
Truly, the "hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm" clan are the only peoples who know the truth.

Das Koopa

Smash Master
Writing Team
NNID
NebulaMan
3DS FC
2938-7117-6800
I'll wait for Vaanrose's verdict on the shadows. I can't come up with anything because of how poor the picture quality is and how badly darker colors start to "bleed" in low res images.

Thinkaman

NNID
Thinkaman
3DS FC
1504-5749-3616
"Y'all are desperate and just hate Verg think Sakurai is a troll/liar, and I'm here to rub my very potent wisdom and obvious charisma in your faces like the #1 logician I obviously am"
*mashes this one furiously too*

Last edited:

Ramen Tengoku

Meiniac
Switch FC
SW-6056-3633-7710
I'm on Team Neutral.
Could be real, could be fake, I don't care.
But if it's real, oh man...
This would truly be Ultimate

Amiibo Doctor

Smash Ace
Writing Team
NNID
AmiiboMD
At one point, looking at that image with all the old banners, Olimar's shadow is barely even there. The earlier images on the list.
On top of that, it's not like every character has a shadow or that the shadows are even clearly their shadow. Shadows are morphy and weird, man.

KirbyMonadoBoy

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Shulkinator
For those of you who missed the (already deleted) Smashified-Tweets, I managed to make a screenshot:

Last edited:

Amiibo Doctor

Smash Ace
Writing Team
NNID
AmiiboMD
I think this is something Mashpotato Samurai would do. What's that saying that the Japanese have? Underpromise and overdeliver? Or was it something about not building wooden houses...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom