• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Tree Gelbman

100 Percent Done
Pls guys remember Mach Rider is a woman, no man could ever shoot and ride a bike at the same time
Are you actually Myrtle Snow?

I can't believe the Grinch render is the thing that is the most supporting of this leak lol.

That's almost as bad as Sony being forced to lend Spider-man to Disney due to the North Korea/Sony emails lmao
The oddity of the Grinch stuff is the biggest ''Yes" in it's favor in my opinion. It's just such a weird thing to think of if you were gonna do a fake leak.

hazza5557

Smash Journeyman
Mach Rider’s not gonna be an echo. I can’t imagine an echo being from a different franchise to the other characters it’s echoing plus the leak from september only says Shadow and Ken are echoes and Mach Rider is unique. Maybe she will borrow moves from Captain Falcon and Wario but she’ll be unique like Doctor Mario and Falco are.

NotLiquid

Smash Lord
The one thing the Grinch stuff is evidence of is that whoever posted it likely does work in some graphics related company.

This fact can be true, and it can also be true that they made up their own leak. Leaving an obvious paper trail in his leak, posting disparaging things about Nintendo and some dumb emojis on top of it? Guy clearly isn't all that smart or mature.

BluePikmin11

Akko is my dear daughter!
NNID
blue
The Chorus Kids render looks ripped from the official RH art.

The arm and leg positions are different with Ultimate art, but....... I honestly think if they were in, the artist would have a more original pose.

The art of Chorus Kids is the only art from this banner that bugs me the most that makes me think this is fake. The other newcomer poses look fine, but not Chorus Kids. For every newcomer to have original poses except CK bugs me to no end. It is the biggest inconsistency for me that breaks the kinda ruins the banner's overall artstyle.

Last edited:

P.Kat

Smash Champion
Hmm, well I noticed that Daisy is still interacting with thin air, which surprises me, but okay. :/
Hmm... Something interesting to bring up If you ask me...
Yeah it's pretty strange if you ask me, I feel like Shantae would the perfect person to go there next to Daisy, who do you all think would be next to Daisy (or who would you like to be next to Daisy)?

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
The greatest and most terrifying thing about all this is how rude/vulgar future fake leaks are gonna be if these ones end up being real. :laugh:

D

Deleted member

Mighta missed them since blurry banner is very blurry, but the Mii Swordsman/Fighter seems to have been straight up replaced by Shadow (who was similarly colored to the fighter), and when Daisy was shifted, the Mii Shooter disappeared and was replaced by Banjo. None of the Miis are anywhere to be found.

I suppose they could have been placeholders all this time, but why use characters as placeholders for a few while the majority just had space made for them?

I got attached to the idea of incineroar, but I'd be happy with this overall (since K Rool was my most wanted anyway). Hopefully an Ultra Beast (or incineroar of Vergeben was just wrong about the timing) makes it in as DLC.

Robertman2

IT'S HAPPENING!!!!
NNID
Robertman2
3DS FC
0259-1071-1157
Final roster may have been leaked.

According to the leak, the Final Newcomers are: Isaac, Mach Rider, Banjo, Chorus Kids and Geno; with Ken and Shadow as Echoes.

...I'd be happy with this (because of Isaac and Shadow, natch).
Holy ****

skylanders fan

Smash Lord
NNID
KyleWussler
Guys the actually spirits mode is How the Grinch stole the roster. You play as one of the original 12 getting the roster back from the grinch only too find out he has been master hand the whole time

King Zekrom

Smash Apprentice
#TeamReal

Remember in Smash 4 when there was discussion about the 'Big 3'? Mewtwo, K. Rool and Ridley? And then people were disappointed that we got none of them at launch?
Now we have the 'Big 3', AND Issac, Shadow, Ken, Chorus Kids, Geno, Mach Rider, Snake and the Belmonts.

This roster is truly Ultimate. Well done Sakurai.

drag0nscythe

Smash Master
Ok. I am on team real at the moment. Poor box. we knew ye. But here is the banner leak (in a spoiler tag) with the banner from the 8.8 direct.

Capture.PNG

People actually moved. You can see PT move over can get closer to Wario Jiggs jumps to behind mario. Olimar moves to infront of snake to make space. And many more. That is way to much effort to fake, and also making the unique renders.

I think it may be real.
I knew Nintendo was pushing it, but I hope it is not spoiled. Still.

Sari

Editing Staff
Writing Team
NNID
Villager49
Switch FC
SW-2215-0173-2152
Let's say this leak is true and everyone from it becomes playable.

With Geno, Isaac, and Banjo in Smash, which characters become the next Ridley/K. Rool in terms of how hyped people are for them to be playable?

JustCallMeJon

Smash Lord
3DS FC
3067-7373-5050
Switch FC
SW 4274 8573 0226
PUTS TIN FOIL HAT ON.

You know, these leaked characters were heavily hinted at by Sakurai and by Creditable Leakers.

Mach Rider could be the Toy Mech from Sakurai, where its design is really similar to Mach Rider. Like Mach Rider, the toy mech uses a gun.

Chorus Kids is hinted at by the scrapped files contained from Smash 4.

Geno is hinted at by the Mii Costume Sakurai created. Sakurai wanted him as a character since Brawl and acknowledge the demand on him. He is ranked high at the polls which is good as the ballot means something at Ultimate. He is also heavily rumored.

Isaac is hinted at by the Ratholos image which looks eerily similar to the Golden Sun's unique battle style. Like Geno, Isaac is heavily requested and we havent currently seen his AT yet.

Shadow is requested and currently did not have an AT trophy yet. Can be Echo because he is similar to Sonic.

Ken is leaked by the leaked image it has shown in the past. Perfect fit for the box and an OG Echo at that. Makes sense

Banjo Kazooie is heavily requested and was asked by Phil Spencer.

PUTS TIN FOIL HAT OFF.

Last edited:

Das Koopa

Smash Master
Writing Team
NNID
NebulaMan
3DS FC
2938-7117-6800
for whatever it's worth - I can't make this fit to box theory at all, but there was always the possibility that it was placeholder material that meant nothing

PhilosophicAnimal

Smash Ace
NNID
Spectros_rage
3DS FC
2879-0121-1583
People who don't believe this:
Why?

I do believe this. Listening to papagenos papagenos on this makes me think it's legit.
Ahh, I gotta watch that, but if I leave, there'll be ten more pages by the time the video is over, lol.

By the way, to those saying too many newcomers...what's to say we're actually getting them all playable day 1? Don't forget: Sakurai once said he would reveal the DESIGN of all the fighters by release. That odd wording might make sense in this scenario.

And no, I'm not talking DLC. I'm talking rolling free updates. It's not impossible when literally EVERY Switch game so far has done it.

There are ways this could be real. Just show the last newcomers who will be in base, then rattle off the list of upcoming update characters, no trailers or explanations required, and still avoiding DLC. I know Sakurai likes complete packages, but he has bent before (on DLC, actually.)

It's a possibility...

PLATINUM7

Star Platinum
NNID
PLATINUM7
3DS FC
1246-8735-0293
Switch FC
2465-5306-3806
Mighta missed them since blurry banner is very blurry, but the Mii Swordsman/Fighter seems to have been straight up replaced by Shadow (who was similarly colored to the fighter), and when Daisy was shifted, the Mii Shooter disappeared and was replaced by Banjo. None of the Miis are anywhere to be found.

I suppose they could have been placeholders all this time, but why use characters as placeholders for a few while the majority just had space made for them?

I got attached to the idea of incineroar, but I'd be happy with this overall (since K Rool was my most wanted anyway). Hopefully an Ultra Beast (or incineroar of Vergeben was just wrong about the timing) makes it in as DLC.
All 3 Miis are there.
mii blur.png

People have been missing them since its so blurry.

Last edited:

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble

Wait the Miis aren't there at all? Can we double check that? Cause that's a surprising thing to debunk a leak

NotLiquid

Smash Lord
Chorus Kids is hinted at by the scrapped files contained from Smash 4. Also, the DK pose from King K Rool Trailer heavily resembled a RH character.
The DK pose was never a hint towards Rhythm Heaven. It's a standard "lazing in front of TV" pose that's common in Japanese fictional media, and was also used in one of the Tingle games. Even if it was a Rhythm Heaven hint, the theory only works if the Rhythm Heaven character would've been Karate Joe.

Last edited:

Danpal65

Smash Lord
Someone on one of the Discord’s I’m on mentioned that characters that had been moved didn’t have their shadows move with them. I’m not in a position to check right now, but is this true? If so that’s kinda it.

D

Deleted member

Wait the Miis aren't there at all? Can we double check that? Cause that's a surprising thing to debunk a leak
Nevermind, I guess they are there; they were all moved and grouped together apparently. Like I said, blurry banner was blurry, so i couldnt tell. It hurt my eyes to stare at it for too long to figure it out.

Exalt4747

Smash Journeyman
Hello, it's been a minute.

What are the arguments for this leak being true?

Also man, the Incineroar haters sure are back out of the woodwork...

Pazzo.

「Livin' On A Prayer」
Wait, Isaac is there? No Incineroar?

Team Fake.

It seriously sucks how much people eat this stuff up.

papagenos

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-0554-8947-9778
The one thing the Grinch stuff is evidence of is that whoever posted it likely does work in some graphics related company.

This fact can be true, and it can also be true that they made up their own leak. Leaving an obvious paper trail in his leak, posting disparaging things about Nintendo and some dumb emojis on top of it? Guy clearly isn't all that smart or mature.
Yeah the thing was supposedly a deleted snap chat buuut i could see some random factory worker doing that sending it to a friend and the friend leaks it online or something along those lines.

Gyrom8

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-4844-4242-3130
Wasn't expecting for today to be a day that a potential direct announcement (assuming it is coming in the next few weeks) is overshadowed by the possibility of a leaked roster.

Let's say this leak is true and everyone from it becomes playable.

With Geno, Isaac, and Banjo in Smash, which characters become the next Ridley/K. Rool in terms of how hyped people are for them to be playable?
Probably Waluigi

Shroob

Sup?
Thing is, I've grown accustomed to not getting my hopes up when it comes to **** like this, ESPECIALLY SMASH.

This is.... literally everything the fans have been asking for besides a very small handful, and this gives us the, pardon my sin for saying this, BIG FOUR together.

Last edited:

drag0nscythe

Smash Master
Hello, it's been a minute.

What are the arguments for this leak being true?

Also man, the Incineroar haters sure are back out of the woodwork...

Hopefilly he is DLC if not in base roster.

Looks like it could be real. Characters are obviously moved around to accommodate the new additions. That alone says some form of authenticity. The renders have not been placed yet either.

Pyra

Aegis vs Goddess
NNID
ToasterBrains
Switch FC
SW 8322 4207 9908
Wait, Isaac is there? No Incineroar?

Team Fake.

It seriously sucks how much people eat this stuff up.
I wouldn't say this discredits it at all.

Not that I'm taking sides, but yeah

It's probably fake, who knows, but it's not cause Incineroar isn't on there lol

Last edited:

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Someone on one of the Discord’s I’m on mentioned that characters that had been moved didn’t have their shadows move with them. I’m not in a position to check right now, but is this true? If so that’s kinda it.
Pokemon Trainer and Wario's shadow in the leak look weird to me

I don't even see one on Pokemon trainer in the leak. He was moved forward on the crack too

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom