• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ura

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-2772-0149-6703
You can go through my post history to see opinions so far. I never make a definitive call until I finish my analysis.
I just read the news like half an hour ago so I missed on a lot of this thread.

I'm very skeptical myself and I don't want to say yes/no definitively. This could very well be the new Gematsu for Ultimate.

papagenos

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-0554-8947-9778

Made a video on this new Banner Leak if anyone wants to check that out.

I think I got the french companies a bit jumbled? (tried to fix that with some text in the video though) as there are two it seems like, one for printing stuff where the image came from probably and one thats actually the graphic design company... but besides that here's my take on it all.

Gothitelle

Smash Journeyman
It's taken from a snapchat video. Grab your phone camera, record a video, move the camera around to zoom on different things, and then take screenshots of it.

Notice how the exposure in the images will change relative to the position of your phone to the light sources and the focus.
Why is everybody assuming I'm an idiot when it comes to photography? I did a course in it, for crying out loud.

This is what I'm referring to. Note how it lines up with the ground.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
I've sent a distress call to my fellow Banjoroos. From looking at it myself, I've been combing renders. While Banjo vaguely resembles the Smashified pose (there are still differences), I can't find any where Kazooie is in that pose. Still, a graphic designer could do some crazy things.
Banjo-Kazooie-Wii-U.jpg

Is it possible this is kazooie's face?

Edit:
BK_Giveaway_Cover.jpg

And the wing?

Edit:

Something like this, lol

Banjo.jpg

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

"Actual leaker," see that's the part where you're wrong.
There is nothing except a few lucky guesses to verify Vergeben. By that standard, me guessing K.Rool, Simon, and Banjo makes me just as credible if I lied as said I had "sources."
But that's the thing, you never claimed them to be a leak. No fake leaker is gonna bank on "lucky guesses" via an account where they have reputation to lose.
Also, I hope you realize how stupid you'll look if this turns out to be fake. It hasn't been proven yet so shush down.

CosmicQuark

Smash Master
View attachment 171471

Is it possible this is kazooie's face?

Edit:
View attachment 171473

And the wing?
It's hard to say--it feels like Kazooie's head is tilted more to the left than in the first pic, and the wings look a lot more curved in the banner. Of course, I'm just taking a stab in the dark given the low quality.

I'm wondering if anybody could use that tool that finds if things are photoshopped, or if it's impossible given it's a low quality capture of a video?

EDIT: Just saw the third edit... does look vaguely similar. If so, that's quite a patchwork to draw on.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

So I just got here after a long morning, would someone be so kind as to summarize the reasons because this leak might be legit? I'm a bit lost :(
The person who made it could be under the position to leak it if he is an actual leaker

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
This is the part that confuses me and I’d like to see someone explain it away.
I mean it could simply be someone PRETENDING to be Eric B.
Someone pretending to be someone else to give them a bad name, huh?

But who would do such a thing?

Last edited:

Shroob

Sup?
Know what the worst part would be?

If the LinkedIn stuff was actually framed, by someone who had a thing against this guy and this whole ordeal would pin the blame on him. We don't even know for sure that the dude is the guilty one.

:ultgreninja:'d

Last edited:

Danpal65

Smash Lord

Made a video on this new Banner Leak if anyone wants to check that out.

I think I got the french companies a bit jumbled? (tried to fix that with some text in the video though) as there are two it seems like, one for printing stuff where the image came from probably and one thats actually the graphic design company... but besides that here's my take on it all.
Bit of constructive criticism. It kinda comes across as a bit insensitive to include visible references to all the characters present in a leak in case it is real and it spoils people through YouTube recommended.

Pyra

Aegis vs Goddess
NNID
ToasterBrains
Switch FC
SW 8322 4207 9908
I'm a little mad because Banjo, Geno, and Chorus Kids getting in might bring my list of secondaries up to 7

Because I intend on using all of them

Last edited:

Ramen Tengoku

Meiniac
Switch FC
SW-6056-3633-7710
So I just got up, Here's my thought on the banner leak.
It's fake, but I'll give credit for the roster...
A Retro Rep?
A Rhythm Heaven character?
A fan favorite like Isaac
If that was the final roster, I would be instantly satisfied
But yeah, it's too good to be true in my eyes
It's fake, especially since it doesn't have Incineroar

Last edited:

CosmicQuark

Smash Master
Morning lads! What have i missed the past 12 hours besides the box leak?

(Possible banner leak--too small/blurry, a patchwork from a Snapchat video, characters moved around and background shown off without characters. Possible ties with a company that works with Bandai Namco)

Splotim

Smash Apprentice
The biggest problem I have with the leak
Is that it’s 7 character being revealed in one month. Likely in one direct too. The most we’ve had is 4 in a direct and half of those were clones.

Edit: the most we’ve gotten is 5, but it was still only 2 newcomers

Last edited:

Das Koopa

Smash Master
Writing Team
NNID
NebulaMan
3DS FC
2938-7117-6800
one more thing

Shadow is exposed to the most light, so I think attempting to find a duplicate render of him would be the best first step to proving this fake, as far as render-hunting goes.

Last edited:

papagenos

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-0554-8947-9778
Bit of constructive criticism. It kinda comes across as a bit insensitive to include visible references to all the characters present in a leak in case it is real and it spoils people through YouTube recommended.
I'd never put an actual game/banner image of a leaked character from the game in the thumbnail...

this ones up in the air for now anyway but the banner itself is not in the thumbnail just the characters its talking about.

D

Deleted member

Thing is, you'll never be able to prove it.

Not to defend Vergeben, but I bet you said the same things about Gematsu, and this leak kinda sorta retroactively confirms Gematsu, among other things.
I honestly can't even remember the Gematsu leak, but I'm always skeptical of these things, so it's likely.

That said, Vergeben is dubunked by the mere fact that he got the DBFZ roster totally wrong, and the DLC too, and he incorrectly said Cervantes wouldn't be in SCVI.

People like to say:
"but he correctly guessed we'd get a new SamSho, and that the trailer would feature Nakoruru"

You mean, he predicted SNK's 2nd most popular franchise would make a return after the flop that was the new KoF, in an era where fighting games are seeing a Renaissance, and the trailer would feature THE most iconic character in the SamSho franchise, so iconic she's made cameoe outside of it? Predictions btw, that were heavily speculated for months before he ever made his claim?

I don't buy into Verg because he's wrong too often to be a credible source, and most of his accurate predictions are very safe, and had been speculated upon well before his claims. On Smash alone, the fact that neither Incineroar nor a Minecraft character aren't in are reason enough to be highly skeptical of all his claims.

I can make lucky guesses too.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
Is that it’s 7 character being revealed in one month. Likely in one direct too. The most we’ve had is 4 in a direct and half of those were clones.
5 actually, Simon, Richter, Dark Samus, Chrom and K.Rool, Plus Ken's obviously an echo and Shadow MIGHT be one. Shadow being unique would make me jump for joy though

Danpal65

Smash Lord
just the characters its talking about.
That's kinda the same thing though.

Don't want to tell you what to do with your videos, they're your creations, just wanted to let you know a perception I've personally had and seen others share about that sort of thing.

Pyra

Aegis vs Goddess
NNID
ToasterBrains
Switch FC
SW 8322 4207 9908
I think that's many people's "biggest problem" with it

But you never know :yeahboi:

Ramen Tengoku

Meiniac
Switch FC
SW-6056-3633-7710
Man, I hope this is real, cause my bois are front and center
That being said, I still have my doubts...
Let me tell you, never thought I'd wake up to this...

Last edited:

CosmicQuark

Smash Master
I agree it's a lot for one month, but I take issue with likely one Direct. We have no idea how they could be spread out, and in fact Spawn Wave has rumored there are "two" Directs, one possibly for Smash. It's not crazy, but it's certainly a lot.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

But that's the thing, you never claimed them to be a leak. No fake leaker is gonna bank on "lucky guesses" via an account where they have reputation to lose.
Also, I hope you realize how stupid you'll look if this turns out to be fake. It hasn't been proven yet so shush down.
I'm ok with being wrong. I'm not claiming to be a leaker, unlike Vergeben, who's already bern wrong on multiple accounts outside of Smash leaks, yet you guys still insist on believing him.

Shroob

Sup?
I honestly can't even remember the Gematsu leak, but I'm always skeptical of these things, so it's likely.

That said, Vergeben is dubunked by the mere fact that he got the DBFZ roster totally wrong, and the DLC too, and he incorrectly said Cervantes wouldn't be in SCVI.

People like to say:
"but he correctly guessed we'd get a new SamSho, and that the trailer would feature Nakoruru"

You mean, he predicted SNK's 2nd most popular franchise would make a return after the flop that was the new KoF, in an era where fighting games are seeing a Renaissance, and the trailer would feature THE most iconic character in the SamSho franchise, so iconic she's made cameoe outside of it? Predictions btw, that were heavily speculated for months before he ever made his claim?

I don't buy into Verg because he's wrong too often to be a credible source, and most of his accurate predictions are very safe, and had been speculated upon well before his claims. On Smash alone, the fact that neither Incineroar nor a Minecraft character aren't in are reason enough to be highly skeptical of all his claims.

So when are you gonna talk about TMNT in Injustice 2?

Like, I could care less about Verg, but he has 'something', as shaky as it is.

DerpingPikachu

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-5074-6946-5113
I agree it's a lot for one month, but I take issue with likely one Direct. We have no idea how they could be spread out, and in fact SpawnWave has rumored there are "two" Directs, one possibly for Smash. It's not crazy, but it's certainly a lot.
Weren’t five revealed in August in one direct? Seven could be spread over two.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774

People like to say:

Someone had to come in here and make sense of this all, am so tired of this guy being wrong all the time but everyone is expecting only Ken and Incineroar because of it. Am therefore happy for this leak, not that I believe it, but it makes people think outside of the box for once (conforming themselves in another box at the same time however :rolleyes: ).

Pyra

Aegis vs Goddess
NNID
ToasterBrains
Switch FC
SW 8322 4207 9908
I don't know if it's true or not, and I'm not doing a massive analysis while I'm at work, but I'll just remind people that I said if I was right about Incineroar, everyone needs to eat healthy and live their best lives.

So if it's right, get ready for nutrition, *******

If it's wrong I guess pants might taste good to me who knows

Yeah, no you aren’t. Not always, but most of the time, everyone who says they’re okay with being wrong ends up getting proven wrong and then getting angry
I've been made out to be wrong plenty of times and all I've done is go "haha yeah"

Last edited:

PhilosophicAnimal

Smash Ace
NNID
Spectros_rage
3DS FC
2879-0121-1583
Hoo boy...I just ran through about 15 pages to get here, lol. This is absolutely insane. Almost literally everyone on Smashboards seems to be here...reminds me of a certain other huge leak. That tells me there is something to this, whether the doubters want to doubt or not. We're all here because something is big about this leak.

My stance? I'm honestly, unbelievably, leaning toward real. My reasons are the same as other team realers, so I won't repeat them. If I'm hugely disappointed later, so be it. But this is too damn amazing to deny.

Fully prepared to give a "you guys were right" speech if it turns out it's fake. Don't care. I have enough self-respect to admit when I'm wrong, if I am.

Let's go!

KMDP

Smash Legend
Strangely enough, according to Watanabe Jesmon isn't Jesus. Apparently the name is supposed to be an acronym of "Justice Edge Swordsman" and the similarities were coincidental. It kind of makes me wonder what an actual Jesus analogue would be if that Digimon doesn't count in their eyes.

Even with that in mind though, it's kind of funny to think about. For all the Pokémon accusations that a lot of people throw at it, Digimon has much more in common with SMT then it does Pokémon.
And yet, Jesmon literally evolves from a Digimon called SaviorHackmon. :laugh:

Eh, I'll believe it.
Why is everybody assuming I'm an idiot when it comes to photography? I did a course in it, for crying out loud.
Spoiler alert: people aren't psychic and aware of what education courses you took in life.
---
Anyway, I see leaks have happened.

As is usual.

RileyXY1

Smash Hero
You mean 5. I too highly doubt that 7 characters would be revealed in one direct.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom