• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Blargg888

Oh okay.
NNID
Emerald_Latios
3DS FC
1977-0669-4694
Switch FC
SW-1254-5927-2992
Still, the misconception that Japan is unpopular and unknown in Japan is getting kind of annoying to hear... But I can't really get upset at people for not knowing, so best I can do is inform them.
Man, sounds like Japan needs therapy.
It also seems like they have amnesia.

Is Japan a JRPG Protagonist?
Hell, Long Live the King even has more views than No Dream Too Big on YouTube.

also yeah chuck K. Rool in Mario Kart. Better than some **** like a generic enemy or Daisy
I dunno, I'd like to see Monty Mole make his grand return after his incredible performance in Super Mario Party.
Monty Mole for Smash.

Idon

Smash Legend
NNID
Miyamoto Iori
Switch FC
SW-4826-9581-3305
If we're talking about favorite game things, I could write an entire goddamn essay on SMT3: Nocturne, but I'm tired and my brain is spent.

So instead, I'll just mention the OST.
It's ****ing amazing on top of being unique and super weird. But more than that, it's mega huge.
Like how many battle themes do you have in your regular JRPG? 5, maybe 10 max? a Battle, Overworld, Boss, Special Boss, Final Boss, and then some?
Well SMT3 HAS FIFTEEN OF THEM.
Yeah, and your two main battle themes, your regular battle theme and your overworld battle theme? SMT3's are dynamic on TOP of that. Meaning the more you go into the game, the guitar soloes of that song completely change.

Of course, the downside to this is that SMT3 by far has been dealt the worse hand in terms of ****ty video-game compressed music. So unfortunately, a couple of tracks are relegated to PS2 era potato quality sound. Namely the overworld battle theme's mid/end game guitar soloes and the level-up theme.

I believe SMT4 beats it by about 2 or 3 more tracks, though. Granted, some are remixes, but they're all pretty damn good as well.

Last edited:

NineS

Smash Lord
Man, sounds like Japan needs therapy.
It also seems like they have amnesia.

Is Japan a JRPG Protagonist?
i have a horrible typing quirk where i end up making mistakes like that.
"Japan is unknown in Japan."
"DK's favorite food is DK's favorite food is..."
I think I may have memory issues or blank out.

After hitting post, I look back and read my post, and think to myself "Wait, no.. What? I didn't type that, did I?! Why would I type this? Was I daydreaming?" and then I end up going back and correcting my post. Usually something minor, sometimes major. It happens too often.

Last edited:

Fenriraga

You have the strength to overcome your destiny!
Writing Team
NNID
DarkAura
Hell, Long Live the King even has more views than No Dream Too Big on YouTube.

also yeah chuck K. Rool in Mario Kart. Better than some **** like a generic enemy or Daisy
Hey man, don't sleep on mooks. They're my favorite characters to play in Mario spin-offs. More personality than the protagonist of the series will ever hope to have. :V

Seriously Goomba being in Super Mario Party was a DREAM for me, he's been shafted for far too long.
Also don't **** on Daisy.

Last edited:

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
Imagine this for a roster for Super Smash Party.

:ultmario::ultluigi::ultpeach::ultdaisy::ultbowser::ultdoc::ultrosalina::ultbowserjr::ultyoshi::ultwario:Waluigi
:ultdk::ultdiddy::ultkrool:Dixie Kong, Funky Kong, Cranky Kong
:ultlink::ultsheik::ultzelda::ultyounglink::ultganondorf::ulttoonlink:Impa, Skull Kid
:ultsamus::ultridley::ultdarksamus:Sylux, Kanden, Noxus, Spire, Trace, Weavel
:ultkirby::ultmetaknight::ultkingdedede:Bandana Dee, Adeleine, Ribbon
:ultfox::ultfalco::ultwolf:Leon, Krystal, Slippy, Peppy, Pigma, Panther, Andrew
:ultpikachu::ultjigglypuff::ultpichu::ultmewtwo::ultlucario::ultpokemontrainer::squirtle::ivysaur::charizard::ultgreninja:Incineroar, Gardevoir, Meowth, Gen 8 Pokemon
:ultfalcon:Samurai Goroh, Dr. Stewart, Pico, Black Shadow, Deathborn
:ultness::ultlucas:Ninten, Paula, Jeff, Poo, Porky Minch
:ultmarth::ultlucina::ultroy::ultchrom::ultike::ultrobin::ultcorrin:Hector, Lyn, Edelgard, Black Knight
:ultpit::ultdarkpit::ultpalutena:Medusa, Hades, Viridi, Phosphora, Magnus
:ultvillager::ultisabelle:
:ultshulk:Elma, Rex, Fiona, Melia
:ultinkling:Octoling
Isaac, Felix, Jenna
Spring Man, Ribbon Girl, Min Min, Twintelle

People would finally get Waluigi most of all. :p

Good god I still can't stop picturing Ridley doing mini-games though. :laugh:

Last edited:

Guynamednelson

Smash Legend
NNID
Nelson340
3DS FC
2105-8742-2099
Switch FC
SW 4265 6024 9719

:ultmario::ultluigi::ultpeach::ultdaisy::ultbowser::ultdoc::ultrosalina::ultbowserjr::ultyoshi::ultwario:Waluigi
:ultlink::ultsheik::ultzelda::ultyounglink::ultganondorf::ulttoonlink:Impa, Skull Kid
:ultpikachu::ultjigglypuff::ultpichu::ultmewtwo::ultlucario::ultpokemontrainer::squirtle::ivysaur::charizard::ultgreninja:Incineroar, Gardevoir, Meowth, Gen 8 Pokemon
:ultmarth::ultlucina::ultroy::ultchrom::ultike::ultrobin::ultcorrin:Hector, Lyn, Edelgard, Black Knight
Isaac, Felix, Jenna

Man, Tom Nook can't catch a break.

FirestormNeos

Smash Lord
NNID
FirestormNeos
Nintendo just needs to cut the crap and make Nintendo Kart.

Get Rose Gold Peach, the Koopalings, and Tanooki Mario/Cat Peach out of here.

Bring in a bunch of other Nintendo characters and franchises for other courses and make something awesome.
I'm torn between Nintendo Kart and Super Bash Sisters for my pick of "Ideal Post-Ultimate Super Smash Bros Spinoff."

alemerltoucanet

Smash Lord
NNID
AngrySilverBird

Isaac, Felix, Jenna

Twintelle being on here is the best part.

SuperSceptile15

Smash Lord
Honestly, I'm surprised how much buzz K. Rool has made in general. Like, even outside of Smash and Nintendo groups, he's gotten far more buzz than any other character. Easily the most of any first party character
Yeah. I know he's always been a popular character among hardcore Nintendo fans, the Smash community, and the DK community, but I had no idea he was THIS popular. I'm starting to doubt that Bayonetta truly won the Ballot, although I wouldn't be surprised if she still placed well in it.

Last edited:

osby

Smash Obsessed
Yeah. I know he's always been a popular character among hardcore Nintendo fans, the Smash community, and the DK community, but I had no idea he was THID popular. I'm starting to doubt that Bayonetta truly won the Ballot, although I wouldn't be surprised if she still placed well in it.
I never thought she "won" the ballot. I've always thought she was the winner among the characters they could make playable with the limited DLC budget, time and staff.

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
Decided to update it the ideal Super Smash Party roster. :p

:ultmario::ultluigi::ultpeach::ultdaisy::ultbowser::ultdoc::ultrosalina::ultbowserjr::ultyoshi::ultwario:Waluigi, Birdo
:ultvillager::ultisabelle: Tom Nook
:ultshulk:Elma, Cross, Lin, Gwin, Irina, Doug, L'cirufe, Lao, Rex, Pyra, Mythra, Fiona, Melia, Sharla, Dunban, Riki, Reyn
:ultduckhunt::ulticeclimbers::ultlittlemac::ultgnw::ultolimar::ultrob::ultwiifittrainer:
Isaac, Felix, Jenna, Vale, Garet, Ivan, Mia, Sheba, Piers
Spring Man, Ribbon Girl, Min Min, Twintelle, Springtron

CosmicQuark

Smash Master
I never thought she "won" the ballot. I've always thought she was the winner among the characters they could make playable with the limited DLC budget, time and staff.
Kinda hard to tell, with all the vague disclaimers cluttering up her reveal trailer and whatnot. :chuckle:

NonSpecificGuy

The Extraordinary is in What We Do
Super Moderator
Premium
Writing Team
NNID
Goldeneye2674
3DS FC
0989-1770-6584
D

Deleted member

Yeah. I know he's always been a popular character among hardcore Nintendo fans, the Smash community, and the DK community, but I had no idea he was THID popular. I'm starting to doubt that Bayonetta truly won the Ballot, although I wouldn't be surprised if she still placed well in it.
Y'know you really seem to like bringing up the idea that Bayonetta didn't win the ballot a lot. Not saying you're wrong, just that you seemed to be sort of obsessed with the idea.
Just saw this posted on 4chan. What do you guys think?View attachment 171430
There is no way in hell this is real.

Guynamednelson

Smash Legend
NNID
Nelson340
3DS FC
2105-8742-2099
Switch FC
SW 4265 6024 9719
Is that blob of blue and red between Inkling and Roy Mach Rider? Or maybe Captain Rainbow?

Last edited:

PushDustIn

Salt Lord
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
PushDustIn
3DS FC
3695-0954-3750
BTW, PushDustIn PushDustIn , has there been no Sakurai Famitsu column for the past 3 weeks???
There has been two columns, but they weren't related to Smash (one was about TGS and the other was about Spiderman). I've been having some minor health issues lately, so Im trying to take better care of myself. Since they aren't a priority, we haven't translated them.

FantasyBlade

Smash Apprentice
Mmm not sure what exactly THIS is. There are some highly requested characters in there I can see though. Would be nice if it's real.

Isaac is down there beside Snake.
Seems like it might be for the set up of a display or something? I dunno. It's weird that something like that'd be out there somewhere right now though, seems a little early.

CosmicQuark

Smash Master
Just saw this posted on 4chan. What do you guys think?View attachment 171430
Props if it's fake for actually moving characters around unlike other banner "leaks"--Shadow was placed in the Mii Fighter slots and moved over. Of course, my bias makes me want to be really careful to doubt it and "small, blurry" etc. Haven't found anything off-the-wall... yet.

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
Anyways calling fake. If it was legit it wouldn't be all blurry. That's always a sign something is fake. Though props for whoever moved the characters all around.

Last edited:

NonSpecificGuy

The Extraordinary is in What We Do
Super Moderator
Premium
Writing Team
NNID
Goldeneye2674
3DS FC
0989-1770-6584
Seems like it might be for the set up of a display or something? I dunno. It's weird that something like that'd be out there somewhere right now though, seems a little early.
Huh, interesting. I dunno how much stock I pit in this but having the roster leak in a way like this is so Smash Bros. it hurts. Fake until proven otherwise though, of course.

FantasyBlade

Smash Apprentice
The fact that it's blurry and it's nearly impossible to make out the quality of the art for any of the unannounced characters leads me to believe it's probably fake, but it's interesting nonetheless.

Jchrono95

Smash Apprentice
Oh wow came on at the perfect time for something interesting. I wouldn't doubt it being fake but I don't really see anything that would prove it's fake. So for now I'll just wait and see

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom