• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794
Question: Say they pull off a Sonic in Brawl and added your wanted character, whoever it may be, late in the game, but they delay the game to a later date. How would you feel, overall?
Very excited, but also very upset. If they wanted to include them so much, I'd rather they charge me for DLC then have to wait longer. I mostly just want to play the game at this point.

D

Deleted member

Question: Say they pull off a Sonic in Brawl and added your wanted character, whoever it may be, late in the game, but they delay the game to a later date. How would you feel, overall?
So I'd have wait potentialy one more year to see Demi-Fiend and Flynn in Smash?
Bring it.

Good Guy Giygas

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-6635-8915-7294
There are many, MANY series that deserve sequels. I'll even go as far to say that I'll be SO fine with a dug up finding of EarthBound 64/MOTHER 3 N64, a re-release of any of the games or EVEN a HD remaster of any of the games.

But should there be a Mother 4? Absolutely ****ing not.

The whole trilogy is something that you don't get anywhere else in gaming history, as each game tops each other and all combine together in one story, yet all are 10/10 quality. Yes, I'll even say EarthBound Zero/Beginnings is a 10/10 because it's the first step, you have to look at it in the eyes of a starting franchise. Even then, locales, music, characters - super memorable.

EarthBound / MOTHER as a whole is like Scott Pilgrim VS. The World. Cult's best of the best we're ever gonna get, but maybe best left in the annals of history untouched.
I completely agree, psuedo-Scott-the-Woz. A Mother 4 is unnecessary; the series as it currently stands is perfect and serves as an endearing and memorable piece of history. The way the series built off of each previous title in both gameplay and storytelling is also pretty amazing. It started off as a unique spin on JRPGs in Mother, then really embraced that formula and came into its own with Earthbound, finally culminating with Mother 3, which became a cerebral gaming experience unlike any other. A new Mother game just wouldn't feel right in this day and age, but we're super lucky to have the existing trilogy.

/End of me unabashedly gushing about the Mother series.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
So, I'm keeping a track on all the Castlevania songs available in Smash and broke them down.
New Remixes:
*Vampire Killer
*Out of Time
*Bloody Tears/Monster Dance
*Divine Bloodlines
*Lost Painting

Ripped themes:
*Vampire Killer (Judgment version)
*Nothing to Lose (Harmony of Despair version)
*Simon's Theme (Arcade version)

8 songs out of 34.

Maybe it might not be the correct thread to ask this: but which of the remaining 26 Castlevania songs are you expecting to be new remixes, and which are you expecting to be ripped?
https://smashboards.com/threads/sma...spoilers-leaks.434391/page-5858#post-22573422 I made a post about this a few days ago so here's my thoughts

Alaskalana

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Alaskalana
3DS FC
4871-7882-0999
Switch FC
SW-2013-3915-8713
So...apparently there's both a copy of the game and a bundle floating around innthe wild. :O

RyuhoFox

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW 1285-9221-5627
Because if you took a second to think about it, you'd realize that Designer-san making a mistake would imply that

he would have had a full spread of the roster,
divided the roster in sets of 9,
add them in a specific order, alternating them between front and back,
then on ONLY the last row of the first side, skip a character on accident, despite being a paid professional digital artist working for a high-brow Japanese company,
THEN, after looking over his final box design, not notice that there's a black empty space where a character should be,
create a digital mock-up based on that mistaken final design,

show it to his higher ups who would greenlight that design in spite of the mistake,
To then finally have it featured live on stream.

The box, was intentionally made, it being the final design or not.
And as we know people in those positions NEVER make mistakes. *thinks back to when Castlevania music was mistakenly uploaded before a direct* Nope never happens. :p

Aside from that it's not the final design regardless, which likely means a mistake like that wouldn't even be cared about to any high degree in the first place.

mbvswb

Smash Journeyman
Switch FC
SW 4561 1118 2914
So...apparently there's both a copy of the game and a bundle floating around innthe wild. :O
Bundle means nothing. And the copies seem to be out to insiders. So nothing really big is going to come of this

Shroob

Sup?
And as we know people in those positions NEVER make mistakes. *thinks back to when Castlevania music was mistakenly uploaded before a direct* Nope never happens. :p

Aside from that it's not the final design regardless, which likely means a mistake like that wouldn't even be cared about to any high degree in the first place.
That wasn't a mistake, that was intentional.

Intern-kun said he was gonna do it on 4chan the day before it happened.

mbvswb

Smash Journeyman
Switch FC
SW 4561 1118 2914
That wasn't a mistake, that was intentional.

Intern-kun said he was gonna do it on 4chan the day before it happened.
Woah really? This whole time I've thought that was a mistake from whoever uploaded it.

Pazzo.

「Livin' On A Prayer」
If I were Nintendo I'd have saved Simon and Richter for later in October. Just because I'm a Halloween geek and you wouldn't be crawling back here asking for water and I'm like "do we look like we made Wonderwall" and Crunchii and folks are selling cactus juice.

It'll quench ya.

But it won't.

Shroob

Sup?
Woah really? This whole time I've thought that was a mistake from whoever uploaded it.
Nope, there was a 4chan post the day it happened, or very soon before that said something along the lines of "Tonight's music update will spoil the newcomer. I'll make sure of it."

And then, that happened.

Pazzo.

「Livin' On A Prayer」
Nope, there was a 4chan post the day it happened, or very soon before that said something along the lines of "Tonight's music update will spoil the newcomer. I'll make sure of it."

And then, that happened.
Screw intern-kun and all his clones.

alemerltoucanet

Smash Lord
NNID
AngrySilverBird
If I were Nintendo I'd have saved Simon and Richter for later in October. Just because I'm a Halloween geek and you wouldn't be crawling back here asking for water and I'm like "do we look like we made Wonderwall" and Crunchii and folks are selling cactus juice.

It'll quench ya.

But it won't.
Yeah, this is EXACTLY what they should've done! They would've been great Halloween reveals!

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble

It'll quench ya.

But it won't.
Are you SURE you'd be ok with the arguments that happen with Incineroar but a significantly cooler inclusion?

D

Deleted member

Well, if we're going to gush about games, then allow me to gush about Shin Megami Tensei IV.

Not going to lie, this probably my third favorite game on the 3DS. When I first got this game, I didn't know what to expect, but as I keep playing, I found myself being drawn more and more into. I loved everything about this game, from it's atmosphere to it's gameplay. I really liked the whole philosophical approach SMT IV took with it's story. It was really interesting to see the game put forth these ideas and how the characters would deal with them, and I liked it. I like it when games try a philosophical approach like SMT IV did because to me it offers up a unique story you don't really see a whole lot in other JRPGS.

The gameplay was also good. SMT IV can be challenging at some points, but I view that as a welcoming thing. If you ask me, I think SMT has perfected the art of turn based battles with the Press Turn System, a greater focus on items, and the Demons. It offers up more of a challenge than most JRPGS nowadays do, which I view as a good thing.

Overall, Shin Megami Tensei IV isn't just my favorite MegaTen game, it's my favorite JRPG period, and I can't wait to see where we'll head with SMT V!

NineS

Smash Lord
Here's how I see the box theory, even though no one clearly asked for my opinion.

As I see it, the box theory is currently looking... Very likely, as much as I hate to admit. However, do I believe it to be true? No. Do I want it to be true? Again, no. Is there a chance it could be? begrudgingly, yes.
Truth be told, there's really only 3 things going for the box theory.
1. The organization of the digital mockup.
2. Vergeben leaking an amount of characters that lines up with the theory.
3. How long we've gone without another announcement and how much longer we have until Smash is released.

All of these things can quite easily change or be disproven at any time. For Example:
1. It's a hypothetical digital mockup, one that can quite easily have it's organization changed and shrunken to fit more characters similar to how it actually would be in-game, where the character icons are shrunken down to make room for more as you unlock more, and the back of the box is hypothetical.
2. The characters Vergeben leaked being in the game, along with one or two extra characters he didn't know about. It's happened in the past, and it's just as likely now.
3. The time we've gone without another announcement truthfully doesn't affect how much to expect announced in the next direct, not that I'm saying to expect a lot either.

I have many other reasons as to why I don't believe the box theory, aside from the fact I don't like the theory. Granted, that's more because it's extremely limiting in speculation.

I'm well aware that most people who support the box theory themselves don't want it to be true either, but only believe in it because it's the safer and less optimistic theory. Then there's the minority who choose to believe it to spite those who don't like the idea of it being true.
I don't mind discussing the box theory. I don't mind people who support the box theory. I do mind people who try to forcibly impose their beliefs onto others while trying to stop everyone else from being able to speculate about characters the theory doesn't allow. Of course, there's these people for every theory, and they're the minority.

TL;DR, I don't think the box theory is true, I don't want it to be true, but it's looking likely, and it can possibly be true. I have no problem discussing the box theory as long as no one is obnoxious about it.

Last edited:

perfectchaos83

Smash Champion
In regards to the Ken leak, have people investigated the debug format that we see on screen?
There's no way for us to determine if that is legit or not without somebody on the dev team saying so. If fake, It's not exactly something that would be a red flag.

D

Deleted member

So after listening to Joe Rogan's podcast with Elon Musk - which I really, really recommend to everyone, here's a link https://youtu.be/ycPr5-27vSI - I want to try and take a more hyper-analytical look at some of the most wanted new additions to Smash Ultimate's still-expanding roster and try to pinpoint a "Country Percentage" and some points I could make, given glancing over all country's public perspective, response, anything behind-the-scenes, what have you. If possible, since I don't want to make a huge list, feel free to ask me what characters you can think of, and I'll give my thoughts.

Figured this would be a fun past-time until November. Again, these are primarily coming from what I've seen as much as I could and my own take, and some of these, of course, could be completely wrong!

Last edited by a moderator:

RyuhoFox

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW 1285-9221-5627

And then, that happened.
Music update as in any change to the music playlist for the site or the actual blog music update? Tmk it was spoiled through the former

AugustusB

Smash Champion
There's no way for us to determine if that is legit or not without somebody on the dev team saying so. If fake, It's not exactly something that would be a red flag.
I am not so sure on that.
I feel without the debug format on screen, people would be more inclined to say it's fake.
Yet, there is indeed a debug mode slapped on to this picture (if fake).
IDK after the Sassy Geno debunk, I am starting to look at things at more detail.

Again, I don't mind if Ken is in, but something feels off.

D

Deleted member

Damn, it seems like everyone around here is hyped for K. Rool. I knew he had a following, but I didn't anticipate he would be this popular around here.

mbvswb

Smash Journeyman
Switch FC
SW 4561 1118 2914
It's kinda crazy that we have so much to find out (at least 2 new characters, spirits, etc) with so little time before the game comes out. Idk, this is the first time I've been part of the speculation for Smash, so I could just be inexperienced. But for what it's worth, when you're feeling anxious for the game remember that seven months ago we had to wait longer to know anything about the game than we have from now until we can play it. We're on the homestretch, and despite it obviously making a few people in the community a little bit crazy, we are so close.

Shroob

Sup?
Music update as in any change to the music playlist for the site or the actual blog music update? Tmk it was spoiled through the former
The name of the song was incorrect, saying Bloody Tears instead of Galaga Medly. This happened AFTER the song had been updated and people saw it said "Galaga Medly"

Someone had to have gone back and ****ed with the video's title.

SOMEONE who had access to the Smash Youtube music playlist used their powers for evil.

Last edited:

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
>check website
>it's not what was totally supposed to happen and its just even better castlevania music
1517708762017.jpg
This should be the lesson among all lessons to not blindly follow the next big guy who happens to have something in their hands, whether it be actual information or blind luck, but it'll never be this way.

osby

Smash Obsessed
So potentially odd question, but what real life music do you think would fit a Smash soundtrack?
A few.

"Footloose" from Kenny Loggins, to play in Luigi's Mansion
"Moon River" and "Fly me to the Moon" from Frank Sinetra, so Bayonetta can have vocal tracks
"Coco Jumbo" from Eiffel 65 for DKC stages
"Master of Puppets" from Metallica for console stages
"Ain't No Mountain High Enough" from Marvin Gaye and Tammi Terrell for Summit
"Dirty Deeds Done Dirt Cheap" from AC/DC for WarioWare Inc.
"Learn to Fly" from Foo Fighters for sky stages

NonSpecificGuy

V Has Come To
Super Moderator
Premium
Writing Team
NNID
Goldeneye2674
3DS FC
0989-1770-6584
I wanted to know if it was worth playing or not. That's the one supposedly big Castlevania game I have yet to play.
Honestly, it depends on the version of the game you can vet your hands on, and if you're more into the MetroidVania style or the Classic style. I'd avoid the SNES version, Dracula X, as it's just unapologetically hard and not at all reminiscent of the other versions of the game. I can't speak for the upcoming PS4 version but if it's a port of the Japanese exclusive PC CD, or whatever, version then that's a pretty good bet, plus you get Symphony of the Night with it, though I can't speak for that version either. If you can get your hands on the PSP Dracula X Chronicles that's my personal favorite. Packed full of all the cheese I've come to love, actual cutscenes, and a feature complete version compared to the SNES. It also comes with SotN but this version is arguably considered inferior.

So, if you can get your hands on the PSP or PS4 (maybe) versions of the game and already like Classic Castlevania then yes, it is absolutely worth checking out. If you can only snag the SNES Dracula X off the Virtual Console though you might want to pass. All personal opinion but I find it one of the weaker Classic Castlevania titles. Still, it's worth checking out.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom