• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

beans

Smash Lord
Secret option Maria because fun fact: did you know that she's actually better than Richter at beating his own game? Yup. She's used in speedruns. They just unlock her ASAP and cartwheel to victory. She'd be kind of like the Dixie Kong of Castlevania's Smash representation.
If shes the Dixie Kong of Castlevania, then she wont get in for sure :4pacman:

CosmicQuark

Smash Master
Maybe it's because he's already a boss. :p
You mean because he's boss--if he was a playable character he'd make Bayonetta look like Pichu.

(which is why I'd like Alucard, after seeing him in action as an assist trophy, I feel like he'd be more fun to play as than Simon)

EDIT:
*Ahem*

I'm a libertarian

Lowercase "l"

That's the most you'll get from me

:yoshi:
Same for me, though progressive libertarian, still lowercase

:yoshi:

Last edited:

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
Question, have we seen Luigi grabbing in any of the footage so far.

I think we have but that may be false memories

Iridium

Smash Hero
So, what are the most criminally underrepresented franchises out of the ones we have in Smash, in terms of content, to you all? As in, what franchises should get more recognition (music, characters, stages, etc.)?

Last edited:

KMDP

Smash Legend
So, what are the most criminally underrepresented franchises out of the ones we have in Smash, in terms of content, to you all? As in, what franchises should get more recognition (music, characters, stages, etc.)?
:ultgreninja:'d by Zinith Zinith .

But some would also say Fire Emblem, because there's a helluva lot more to the series than Swordsmen. :laugh:

StormC

Smash Hero
Donkey Kong's music selection is dreadful and the stages aren't much better. At least the roster got a big fat crocodile kick in the butt.

I'll be shocked if Rhythm Heaven gets absolutely nothing this game.

osby

Smash Obsessed
Yoshi and F-Zero

The 2 OG series with such little content it's insane...
F-Zero is kinda a giving, but you'd imagine we'd see more Yoshi.

EDIT: Sorry, OG doesn't mean anything to me.

Last edited:

CosmicQuark

Smash Master
F-Zero is kinda a giving, but you'd imagine we'd see more Yoshi.

EDIT: Sorry, OG doesn't mean anything to me.
The fact he doesn't even have an assist trophy is criminal--Poochy's right there, so cute and adorable.

StormC

Smash Hero
What series don't have an AT?

:ultcloud::ultyoshi::ulticeclimbers::ultgnw::ultryu::ultlittlemac::ultwiifittrainer::ultduckhunt::ultrob:

I don't expect much from the retro series, but there's some options for Punch-Out at least. I think at least Street Fighter will get an AT we haven't seen yet.

Iridium

Smash Hero
Eh, :ultpacman: kinda gets...things from his franchise. Music's great, but the stages leave a lot to be desired, but I understand why we can't have Pac-Maze (although it's literally the perfect stage).

MSmariosonic

Smash Hero
NNID
kidtendo1996
3DS FC
3566-1932-7732
Switch FC
SW 0383 4539 4118
Eh, :ultpacman: kinda gets...things from his franchise. Music's great, but the stages leave a lot to be desired, but I understand why we can't have Pac-Maze (although it's literally the perfect stage).
Gosh

I really hope they work around the problems of importing that stage

Pac-Maze is like THE Pac-Man stage. We've all got these iconic location from the other 3rd parties... but then we've got Pac-Land and Windy Hill Zone..

KMDP

Smash Legend
Donkey Kong's music selection is dreadful and the stages aren't much better. At least the roster got a big fat crocodile kick in the butt.
I had forgotten about Donkey Kong's atrocious musical history in Smash.

Thanks for reminding me. :laugh:

CosmicQuark

Smash Master
I still don't get why we can't get Pac-Maze. It's too iconic not to be in--I don't care if they have to change everything about the level, call it Pac-Maze 2 or something, just give me those retro aesthetics. It's primarily what I associate with Pac-Man.

Jetsurge

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-2536-8732-7990

I'll be shocked if Rhythm Heaven gets absolutely nothing this game.
There better be a remix of every K. Rool boss theme.

StormC

Smash Hero
Literally just add in Dixie, a Tropical Freeze stage, and a good variety of music and DK's Smash representation will be fully 10/10.

Okay and a Spirits boss battle too. I dunno who though. I joke about beating up Fredrik as K. Rool, but I dunno how well he'd translate really.

Iridium

Smash Hero
Gosh

I really hope they work around the problems of importing that stage

Pac-Maze is like THE Pac-Man stage. We've all got these iconic location from the other 3rd parties... but then we've got Pac-Land and Windy Hill Zone..
Yeah, at this point, I say best represented third-party franchise goes to :ultsnake:, :ultsimon: (:ultrichter:) or :ultbayonetta:. :ultcloud: & :ultmegaman: are close, :ultsonic: is...eh, and :ultpacman: feels a bit off.

Last edited:

CosmicQuark

Smash Master
Literally just add in Dixie, a Tropical Freeze stage, and a good variety of music and DK's Smash representation will be fully 10/10.

Okay and a Spirits boss battle too. I dunno who though. I joke about beating up Fredrik as K. Rool, but I dunno how well he'd translate really.
Weeeeell, I can think of someone tangentially related to the DK universe being from Diddy Kong Racing.

Pipsy, of course

Jetsurge

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-2536-8732-7990

Tiki Tong could be the D.K boss. He might be a bit too similar to Master Hand though.

KMDP

Smash Legend
Even without Poochy, there's still some AT ideas, like Prince Froggy...

Everyone expected Rambi for DK after all, but we got Klaptrap instead...
It's frankly insane that the Yoshi series doesn't even have one Assist Trophy.

PLATINUM7

Star Platinum
NNID
PLATINUM7
3DS FC
1246-8735-0293
Switch FC
2465-5306-3806
Yeah, at this point, I say best represented third-party franchise goes to :ultsnake:, :ultsimon: (:ultrichter:) or :ultbayonetta:. :ultcloud: & :ultmegaman: are close, :ultsonic: is...eh, and :ultpacman: feels a bit off.
How can FF be better represented than Pac-Man and Sonic when it has the least content of all the third parties?

Iridium

Smash Hero
Last edited:

StormC

Smash Hero
Castlevania wins the third party representation contest no question. Two characters, a stage with oodles of baddies, a boss battle, an AT, and 34 tracks.

CosmicQuark

Smash Master
"I think he was in the river or something, I never played that one."

****ing gold.

I've actually debated whether or not Tiptup should be my joke character or Pipsy, but felt like Tiptup's too related to B&K for the non-sequitur to work.

Uh, that flash showed me new realities. CosmicQuark CosmicQuark ?
I love Banjo, but not THAT much (because it's straight fanfic and I'm gay... though not a bear oddly enough)

KMDP

Smash Legend
Castlevania wins the third party representation contest no question. Two characters, a stage with oodles of baddies, a boss battle, an AT, and 34 tracks.
It's why Simon took this long to show up, he was gathering his albums and rsvp'ing for 10 years.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom