• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

CosmicQuark

Smash Master
3D World sold pretty well.

Where the hell's my World Bowser stage?

God, can't believe Sakurai could ignore me, specifically, like this.
And this is a reminder that we somehow got Captain Toad and New Super Mario Bros U on the Switch before 3D World, my favorite game on the Wii U alongside Mario Maker.

pls pls be holding back because there's a sequel...

beans

Smash Lord
Pyra was designed by a hentai artist which kinda says everything.

She'd be the first character with that honor in Smash.

And then there's Rex. Like, Sora is goofy looking, but in a charming way:

It's kind of a busy design but not too busy, and the big shoes give him an odd childlike sense about him. Then Rex is just...

What's going on here? I couldn't tell you.
Now we need Pyra in to represent the hentais.
Gotta tap in that weeb market.

osby

Smash Obsessed
Boy, if people think XC2 is bad, I'd hate to see what'd they think of Blazblue characters...
I... actually prefer Blazblue's designs more. Also, all these talk about Xenoblade 2 makes me feel nostalgic.

I thing I don't like about Rex's design is that there is skin showing on his upper leg for no reason. It just looks weird and should be covered up.
You guys know shorts are a thing, right?

D

Deleted member

3D World sold pretty well.

Where the hell's my World Bowser stage?

God, can't believe Sakurai could ignore me, specifically, like this.
For this being a playing-it-safe-ish but twisting some things upside down Mario game, 5 million copies isn't bad. 3D World is a unique case really, and to be honest, they should port this to the Switch. Like, the second-to-last port. Or **** it, the last port. Admittedly I am, too, getting sick and tired of ports of Nintendo games from the Wii U at this point.

I'm kinda having that Dunkey feeling about this game where the more I look back at it, it brought some really interesting stuff. The fact it's a sequel to 3D Land still is a... bit weird, but man, I feel this was the beginning of doing Bowser Worlds in a different and VERY unique way.

Dare I say, if we never had this in 3D World, we might've never had the illustrious Bowser's Kingdom in Odyssey.

Again, it's a shame that at the end of the day, it was on a dead console, but I do hope some stuff comes through for this game down the line.

Last edited by a moderator:
D

Deleted member

Yep, we're definetly circling back to XC2 design bashing for how many times again? 5, 10, 100?

D

Deleted member

Eh, it's a cultural thing. I bet Japan doesn't even bat an eye to stuff like this, but us Westerners don't 'get' Japan obviously.
Yeah, no kidding. As a Xenoblade fan, the amount of trash that gets thrown 2's way on here is depressing for me to see. But it's only here though. Outside of Smashboards, a lot of people genuienly like Xenoblade Chronicles 2. I think that this is the only place I've seen where it gets as much flak as it does.

StormC

Smash Hero
For this being a playing-it-safe-ish but twisting some things upside down Mario game, 5 million copies isn't bad. 3D World is a unique case really, and to be honest, they should port this to the Switch. Like, the second-to-last port. Or **** it, the last port. Admittedly I am, too, getting sick and tired of ports of Nintendo games from the Wii U at this point.

I'm kinda having that Dunkey feeling about this game where the more I look back at it, it brought some really interesting stuff. The fact it's a sequel to 3D Land still is a... bit weird, but man, I feel this was the beginning of doing Bowser Worlds in a different and VERY unique way.

Dare I say, if we never had this in 3D World, we might've never had the illustrious Bowser's Kingdom in Odyssey.

Again, it's a shame that at the end of the day, it was on a dead console, but I do hope some stuff comes through for this game down the line.
3D World took some time for me to warm up to, but I absolutely loved it. To me it's basically the ideal sequel to Super Mario World. The worst I can say about it is that the presentation got bogged down in that NSMB-ish feeling, and the worlds lacked any sense of adventure; they weren't thematically tied together, instead of just a bunch of random obstacle courses thrown together. But the level design was fantastic and having five playable characters added a lot of replay value.

It's probably the only Wii U game I would gladly play 60 dollars for to have on my Switch. Yes, even more than Tropical Freeze.

Shroob

Sup?
Yeah, no kidding. As a Xenoblade fan, the amount of trash that gets thrown 2's way on here is depressing for me to see. But it's only here though. Outside of Smashboards, a lot of people genuienly like Xenoblade Chronicles 2
Don'tgototumblrorredditthen

PLATINUM7

Star Platinum
NNID
PLATINUM7
3DS FC
1246-8735-0293
Switch FC
2465-5306-3806
Just like ZSS and Snake
And she will come with the cloak costume
The cloak costume would be a pretty good addition honestly.

Assuming it's just one of her costumes and not all of them.

D

Deleted member

Eh, it's a cultural thing. I bet Japan doesn't even bat an eye to stuff like this, but us Westerners don't 'get' Japan obviously.
Oh, you also mean the same 'Westerners' that also think Catherine: Full Body is transphobic? Y'know, because there isn't totally a cultural difference and literally has become an anime trope of traps that everyone has come to be alright with?

WHO WOULD'VE ****ING THOUGHT.

****ING YIKES BEYOND (solo).png

Shroob

Sup?
Oh, you also mean the same 'Westerners' that also think Catherine: Full Body is transphobic? Y'know, because there isn't totally a cultural difference and literally has become an anime trope of traps that everyone has come to be alright with?

View attachment 171088
You say that, but it's come to the point where my anime loving friends have banned the use of the word "Trap" because they think it's a slur against trans people.

StormC

Smash Hero
I just don't find Pyra's outfit very... I dunno. Fun? Like, contrast it to Velvet Crowe's from Tales Of Berseria:

It's obviously meant to be fanservice-y but there's something cheesy and edgy about it in a fun camp sort of way. It has this 90s antihero vibe to it. While Pyra's just feels like I'm looking at a pinup girl or something.

Cristaran

Smash Journeyman

View attachment 171088
That reminds me of the time they tried to make us think Samus was a trans

StormC

Smash Hero
You say that, but it's come to the point where my anime loving friends have banned the use of the word "Trap" because they think it's a slur against trans people.
Ask some trans people how they would feel about getting called a "trap" and you'll get your answer.

Shroob

Sup?
I just don't find Pyra's outfit very... I dunno. Fun? Like, contrast it to Velvet Crowe's from Tales Of Berseria:

It's obviously meant to be fanservice-y but there's something cheesy and edgy about it in a fun camp sort of way. It has this 90s antihero vibe to it. While Pyra's just feels like I'm looking at a pinup girl or something.
I'm not sure what to feel here.

The edge is soo hard you could cut yourself on it, but there's soo much skin showing I'm laughing out loud.

One sword slash and she's ****ed.

Shroob

Sup?
Ask some trans people how they would feel about getting called a "trap" and you'll get your answer.
But that's the thing. They're 'too' overboard on this ****.

I once said "He" in relation to mentioning another user in the discord group, and got chewed an ear out because "You should use they or them" because I wasn't aware the other person was female, nor had I ever talked to them before.

I just don't get all this ess-jay-dubya **** nowadays.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

I have yet to see a justifiable reason why some vocal people seem to think that Japan is just a bunch of transphobic bigots, when even huge people in our community like D1 KNOW about the cultural differences between us and Japan. And besides, if they were actually transphobic, wouldn't we have already canceled them, in this age of cancel culture?

Sorry, had to get that off my chest. It's been built up after I found out about Catherine: Full Body again after talking about Smash rumours and Spawn Wave.
In fact, shoutouts to D1 for putting everyone on blast with some facts. I can't really remember which source it was from, but he was on the spot right about Xenoblade Chronicles 2's design and why people complaining about it are pretty dumb. I think it was also the time where some ResetEra article also called Poppi a sex slave. Which hey, nice, whoever wrote that is a ****ing disgusting human being. :4pacman:

KMDP

Smash Legend
We talkin' about Youtube Poops now?

Walrusguy

That is all.
Can I offer you tea? How thoughtful of me to offer you tea~!

Can I offer you something to eat? Can I offer you 12'000 feet~?
Can I offer you love? Can I offer you devotion?

Still love oiramapap/igiulamam's stuff. XD
So, i´m kinda new here, was a lurker before, so i´d like to ask, whats everyone´s favourite character?
Favourite character ever? Or favourite character in Smash?

D

Deleted member

I can never get into discussions about "revealing designs" because I never really cared...

Though I'd guess you all knew that :yoshi:
Same here. Unless it's Pyra that's getting ****, I've never really cared that much about revealing designs as opposed to some people here where they view it as a black magic. Again, people taking things too seriously for their own good.
Hey guys, do you think we can get a Halloween direct?
No.

StormC

Smash Hero
But that's the thing. They're 'too' overboard on this ****.

I once said "He" in relation to mentioning another user in the discord group, and got chewed an ear out because "You should use they or them" because I wasn't aware the other person was female, nor had I ever talked to them before.

I just don't get all this ess-jay-dubya **** nowadays.
A few unreasonable people don't represent a large group who don't like being associated with a harmful stereotype.

osby

Smash Obsessed
I can never get into discussions about "revealing designs" because I never really cared...

Though I'd guess you all knew that :yoshi:
I don't care if the character in question is an adult and the design is actually good.

D

Deleted member

I have yet to see a justifiable reason why some vocal people seem to think that Japan is just a bunch of transphobic bigots, when even huge people in our community like D1 KNOW about the cultural differences between us and Japan. And besides, if they were actually transphobic, wouldn't we have already canceled them, in this age of cancel culture?

Sorry, had to get that off my chest. It's been built up after I found out about Catherine: Full Body again after talking about Smash rumours and Spawn Wave.
In fact, shoutouts to D1 for putting everyone on blast with some facts. I can't really remember which source it was from, but he was on the spot right about Xenoblade Chronicles 2's design and why people complaining about it are pretty dumb. I think it was also the time where some ResetEra article also called Poppi a sex slave. Which hey, nice, whoever wrote that is a ****ing disgusting human being. :4pacman:
ResetEra was a mistake.

Dee Dude

“Never ask Dee for anything again”
3DS FC
0576-7674-5319
Not a Xenoblade fan, but I wonder if Pyra’s inclusion will either raise the rating to T, give her a slight redesign, or just don’t add her altogether.

D

Deleted member

Not a Xenoblade fan, but I wonder if Pyra’s inclusion will either raise the rating to T, give her a slight redesign, or just don’t add her altogether.
They still have Bayonetta show skin and is still very provocative. Pyra won't be a problem at all.

Shroob

Sup?
Pyra's design is tamer than Bayonetta's, and all they had to do was keep her semi-clothed while using her attacks.

If anything, a slight redesign like Corrin.

D

Deleted member

Don't think it'll raise it to T. If :ultbayonetta:is possible, then anything is possible.

CosmicQuark

Smash Master
Being called one simply for being trans is transphobic, but I think there's a non-trivial difference than using the term in general depending on the context. But I agree it shouldn't be used as a catchall term for trans in general. Then again, I'm much more libertarian in my approach to words in general within the LGBT community, which has caused some conflict with trans people I've talked to (as I'm cis/gay).

Also in terms of gender pronouns--in general it's best to use they/them at first (I try to do that when referring to other internet users in general), but I don't think it's deserving of getting someone's ear chewed out. It's how we turn allies into antagonists by antagonizing them.

Though, I have absolutely no clue how this occurs in anime as the only show I've watched is Death Note, so take everything I say with a grain of salt. :upsidedown:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom