• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

SuperSceptile15

Smash Lord
Rex and Pyra

C'mon, we have Cruncii hinting at XB2 music in Smash, it's either going to be a surprise reveal in the next Direct, or DLC*I hope*
Rex is practically a shoo-in for DLC at this point, especially if Elma doesn't make it into the base roster. We haven't gotten any new Xenoblade content revealed yet, and Sakurai mentioned how much he loved the game (I don't blame him. XBC2 is easily one of my favorite Switch titles so far. It's the only game I have dedicated over two hundred hours to. It's THAT good.).

NineS

Smash Lord
All in all, there's only two beings in existence that are actually perfect to me.

And you can't tell me otherwise.

Granted, the one on the left might be called a workaholic who listens too much to what others say instead and doesn't take good enough care of himself, meanwhile the one on the right has literally considered cancelling and throwing away what is currently considered his magnum opus just because he didn't want to get up so early in the morning. But hey, at least they still seem to like each other, even if they're opposites.

Last edited:

Ring-a-Sheep

Smash Ace
In this talk of perfection, I'd like to remind everyone of one thing. Reggie may or may not be into Link. If that doesn't scream perfection, I don't know what will.

His wife and kids have never seen him the same since, and some people say they've seen Reggie walk into his office with Link Body pillows before he shuts and locks the doors...
Well i mean...he's not wrong

D

Deleted member

X is gonna be, if it's not already, the black sheep of the Xenoblade franchise, much like how Majora's Mask was for 3D Zeldas.

Partially to blame the WiiU for how dead a system it was.
How do you mean? Because I see nothing but praise for Majora's Mask nowadays. If anything, I think a better comparison would be Skyward Sword.

TreeBranch

Smash Ace
I really hope we get actually character costume DLC instead of just Mii costumes this time. Boshi, Mr. L, classic fox (maybe with a voice pack too), and miss Pacman would all make great DLC
If Boshi got in how would alts work? Would Blue Yoshi get cut? So many questions
They are slightly differently shades of blue, and considering we're getting crafted yoshi, it should be fine.

StormC

Smash Hero
As an outsider to the Xenoblade series, I would definitely prefer Elma to Rex/Pyra.

Last edited:

Shroob

Sup?
How do you mean? Because I see nothing but praise for Majora's Mask nowadays. If anything, I think a better comparison would be Skyward Sword.

Notice how I said "Was"

Up until the later 2000's, Majora's Mask was considered the 'odd' Zelda, that the people who played it LOVED it, but a lot of people also flat out hated it. It really wasn't until the internet started coming of age that Majora's Mask stopped being a 'cult' game.

D

Deleted member

To think there were people who wanted the freaking Black Mage over him. I'm so glad that Sakurai doesn't only listen to Nintendo console purists.
I mean, of the FF protagonists I know of, Cloud's not my favorite, but I'm not what you call a "Nintendo console purist". If Black Mage could've brought something to interesting to the table, than he should be allowed to bring it.

Last edited by a moderator:

Impa4Smash

Smash Lord
I'd just assume he'd get the same colors as Yoshi, just with the Blue one the Primary skin rather than Green. Maybe with a slight change in tone to differentiate from Yoshi's colors...
Maybe the sick shades will be enough.

X is gonna be, if it's not already, the black sheep of the Xenoblade franchise, much like how Majora's Mask was for 3D Zeldas.

And it's a shame. X, IMO, is way better than 2. Not quite as good as 1, but still. Too bad it's so difficult to port

Ring-a-Sheep

Smash Ace

To add onto this, did they even advertise the game? I saw the initial announcement for X but i never saw anything else about it and forgot about it until a few months ago. I genuinely don't know if they advertised it or not.

Last edited:

Impa4Smash

Smash Lord
To add onto this, did they even advertise the game? I saw the announcement for X but i never saw anything else about it and forgot about it until a few months ago. I genuinely don't know if they advertised it or not.
Pretty sure it had its own direct, Smash style

StormC

Smash Hero
It was always going to be Cloud if they got an FF character. Link vs. Cloud is one of those legendary matches surpassed only by Mario vs. Sonic.

D

Deleted member

Notice how I said "Was"

Up until the later 2000's, Majora's Mask was considered the 'odd' Zelda, that the people who played it LOVED it, but a lot of people also flat out hated it. It really wasn't until the internet started coming of age that Majora's Mask stopped being a 'cult' game.
Ah, I was confused by what you meant there lol. The Zelda fanbase flip flops on what they think is a "Good Zelda Game" so many times, they may as well just where a sign that says "I hate any Zelda game that's not *insert Zelda game here*!"

Shroob

Sup?
Ah, I was confused by what you meant there lol. The Zelda fanbase flip flops on what they think is a "Good Zelda Game", they may as well just where a sign that says "I hate any Zelda game that's not *insert Zelda game here*!"
Majora's Mask was honestly the most devise Zelda game in its time. Even after the hate that WW got, it lulled people back in with its story and gameplay.

Majora's Mask was the 'dark' Zelda and a lot of people still hate how gloomy and depressing the game is with all its messages about death and acceptance. It's why "BEN DROWNED" became a thing in the first place.

Last edited:

osby

Smash Obsessed
Ah, I was confused by what you meant there lol. The Zelda fanbase flip flops on what they think is a "Good Zelda Game", they may as well just where a sign that says "I hate any Zelda game that's not *insert Zelda game here*!"
Zelda fans used to cry "the series is dead" every time there is a new 3D game after Ocarina of Time. Thankfully, Breath of the Wild put an end to this.

Also, on Elma vs Rex thing: I like Elma's design more but Rex feels like could be more interesting.

TreeBranch

Smash Ace
It was always going to be Cloud if they got an FF character. Link vs. Cloud is one of those legendary matches surpassed only by Mario vs. Sonic.
I remember being in like 5th grade and hearing about the Link and Cloud death battle. I had no idea who Cloud was back then haha. It's awesome how all these legendary battles can finally come true in a single game.

Impa4Smash

Smash Lord
Zelda fans used to cry "the series is dead" every time there is a new 3D game after Ocarina of Time. Thankfully, Breath of the Wild put an end to this.

Also, on Elma vs Rex thing: I like Elma's design more but Rex feels like could be more interesting.
Truthfully, Rex & Pyra would probably play very fun, and would be very unique. It's just...those designs make me angry

D

Deleted member

Majora's Mask was honestly the most devise Zelda game in its time. Even after the hate that WW got, it lulled people back in with its story and gameplay.

Majora's Mask was the 'dark' Zelda and a lot of people still hate how gloomy and depressing the game is with all its messages about death and acceptance. It's why "BEN DROWNED" became a thing in the first place.
I personally think the most divisive Zelda title is Skyward Sword, but yeah, Majora's Mask did get a lot of crap back then. It's amazing how much things have changed.

I wouldn't count on the Zelda cycle being dead. There are some Zelda fans out there who declare the BOTW "isn't a true Zelda game". Just don't be suprised if the Zelda fanbase returns to their old ways once BOTW's succesor comes out.
Also, Rex is better than Elma. Just had to say it :).

D

Deleted member

We talkin' about Youtube Poops now?

Walrusguy

That is all.
My favorite Youtube Poop is the one of the Jontron episode where he plays some really hard Famicom game.
That practially killed my sides.

osby

Smash Obsessed
Truthfully, Rex & Pyra would probably play very fun, and would be very unique. It's just...those designs make me angry
They are a bit bland, no? Though I might be the only one who likes Rex's stupid outfit.

I'm not a big fan of Xenoblade but I'd say Rex has both popularity and a critically acclaimed game on his side. I'd be okay with both but honestly, it feels like we are going to get Rex and a lot of fans will moan because "anime","swordsman" and "promotion".

D

Deleted member

They are a bit bland, no? Though I might be the only one who likes Rex's stupid outfit.

I'm not a big fan of Xenoblade but I'd say Rex has both popularity and a critically acclaimed game on his side. I'd be okay with both but honestly, it feels like we are going to get Rex and a lot of fans will moan because "anime","swordsman" and "promotion".
I don't really see what's wrong with Rex and Pyra's outfit to be honest, even if it is on the "anime" side of things. I've seen worse.

Noipoi

Howdy!
I'm about to go to sleep, but before I do I leave you with this crappy doodle.

Most Wanteds.png
My two most wanted characters. I hope to see them revealed soon!

Impa4Smash

Smash Lord

Rex is for sure bland. Pyra is well...I won't get into it lol.

I feel like Xenoblade is in that up and coming sweet spot where people won't complain just yet. Though if we get both Elma and Rex & Pyra you bet people will complain too much Xenoblade

D

Deleted member

So, i´m kinda new here, was a lurker before, so i´d like to ask, whats everyone´s favourite character?
If you mean in Smash, then :ultfalcon:. Falcon Punch decimates all.
If you mean outside of Smash, then :ultlink: and :ultsamus: no contest.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom