• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

TheCJBrine

Smash Legend
The days can't POSSIBLY blend together this badly for me, LeakyPandy claimed it'd be Dragon Quest within the past like 2 weeks, right? That couldn't be what Square is ruffled about, right? (Also LeakyPandy is known to talk out of his rear end)
LeakyPandy, to my knowledge, only ever got something about Travis Touchdown correct, I think.

Everything else? They've been utterly, and terribly, wrong, unless you count easy-to-guess Direct air-dates.

Last edited:

Fenriraga

You have the strength to overcome your destiny!
Writing Team
NNID
DarkAura
Speaking of which.

Remember when for 10 months Yoshi wasn't revealed for Smash 4? Imagine if I was on this site during that time. I'd have been lopping people's heads off getting irritated...
Man, that reminds me of how people got genuinely scared for Falcon and Jiggs at several points too.

It's okay my guy, Yoshi's eternally safe. Now have some warm milk and Yoshi Cookies and scoot off to bed.

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
it can't be kencineroar because that would invalidate verge's claims about Square Enix character how many times does this need to bE SAI
I think a Square character is DLC or a Mewtwo style reveal.

perfectchaos83

Smash Champion
The days can't POSSIBLY blend together this badly for me, LeakyPandy claimed it'd be Dragon Quest within the past like 2 weeks, right? That couldn't be what Square is ruffled about, right? (Also LeakyPandy is known to talk out of his rear end)
Those statements were posted on September 18th. Which puts it in line within a month of the cloud guy's statements.

Pyra

Aegis vs Goddess
NNID
ToasterBrains
Switch FC
SW 8322 4207 9908
Leaky said the Square rep would 'have controversy attached' people assumed that it'd be DQ because the main guy who does the music is a Japanese supremacist.
I'd like him more if he put more than 5 songs in Dragon Quest XI

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
>some trusted guy with insider information

Everyone thought that he was bull****ing around with that star wars riddle leak until cloud got revealed.
Now same guy is back and is claiming there's real leak among the fake leaks, and yet you were in denial about it because we aren't supposed to trust same guy BECAUSE he "suddenely" changed his story about nintendo's being ruckus to square enix?
I never heard of this guy. I've never seen anyone talk about him.

This guy appeared out of thin air form anything I've ever seen.

Dee Dude

“Never ask Dee for anything again”
3DS FC
0576-7674-5319
:ultkirby:. He has a mediocre moveset, give him more interesting attacks than Kicks.

Possibly unpopular opinion, but why would you overhaul Jr from his most iconic appearance to one that only references one game.
>Clown Car
>More iconic to Jr than Paintbrush

Tbh, that’s only because Nintendo started pushing it on him thanks to 4, (I know he used NSMBW in 2009 but you get my point), if anything it’s more iconic to his father.

And the Paintbrush was in more than one game mind you.

Shroob

Sup?

Memory's foggy, but I definitely remember people mentioning Tansuit back after the November 2015 Direct.

But that was about as far as it went.

link2702

Smash Champion
I said it in the geno boards but I think it needs repeating, I never really felt any geno leaks were truly real, based on verge’s comments about how harsh and swift the punishment would be for the square employee who leaked him. No one would truly risk their job with that. If the leak was actually real, we’d have known by now, square and Nintendo would be doing some very quick damage control.

This doesn’t hurt geno’s chances though, he’s got way to much going for him this time. Another reason I don’t see brought up too much, is also because virtually everyone already expects him in, including big name game sites like game xplain. This helps because even if he doesn’t make base, he’ll most certainly make dlc, nintendo has noticed, don’t think for a minute they don’t pay attention to what fans online say. I guarantee there’s been guests here that are possible Nintendo employees seeing what things even hardcore smash players are discussing.
Ign, gamefaqs, srk, Smashboards, Nintendo does pop in to see what kinds of things are being discussed. Geno like Ridley and k.rool, has been speculated on and hoped for, for years. Trust me, nintendo has noticed.

Nekoo

Smash Master
NNID
Almazu
3DS FC
0259-0278-5162
I'm just going to block you because I absolutely cannot stand you
>Get pissed in an argument
>Get proved wrong
>Multiple people tell you you're wrong
>Be sassy
>Get sass back
>Get blocked

Flamewars aren't allowed but god I need to get it off from my chest it's so pitty to do this

Pyra

Aegis vs Goddess
NNID
ToasterBrains
Switch FC
SW 8322 4207 9908

As unbearably sassy you're being- I agree. I'd like to see some more information or sources on his stuff before when he suddenly became relevant again.

kylexv

Smash Master
So...

am i the only one who doesn't think sassy geno is entirely dead yet?

Looking at the two pictures side-by-side, the PM Geno has his head tilted back slightly further than Sassy Geno. Also, it's entirely possible for the supposed animation to look very similar to a mod. The Mario Bros. and Doc, who seem to have very similar builds to Geno, have very similar dizzy animations to this supposed Geno one probably, complete with a head tilt.

The thing that makes it suspicious to me is not the similarity of the two animations, but how Geno's face is emotionless in the leaked picture.

Probably the denial talking, but my thoughts.

Last edited:

Hydrualic Hydra

Smash Ace
Those statements were posted on September 18th. Which puts it in line within a month of the cloud guy's statements.
Christ that's over a month

I need some help, I literally can't tell the passage of time anymore. The past three weeks have felt like one long, dragged out, endless day. Sad thing is I know it's not the wait for Smash doing this to me, but I'm running out of things to occupy my free time.

'My perception of events is all that matters. If I've never heard of it, it never existed before I heard of it.'

Last edited:

TheMilkmann

Smash Apprentice
Alright, how did Sassy Geno getting debunked lead to all these unnecessary arguments? I see no point to it.

Fenriraga

You have the strength to overcome your destiny!
Writing Team
NNID
DarkAura

"I've never heard of him, therefore he hasn't existed before now"

We've already told you he WAS talked about after Cloud was confirmed back in the day. This isn't a new thing.

Believe me, I've been skeptical of the guy since the beginning considering he only had one feat under his belt to my knowledge (though I fully admit I mostly stayed quiet on said skepticism because it was proving to be in Geno's favor), but this isn't some "new" thing, so stop acting like it is.

Also, blocking Nekoo over this is pretty silly. I love Geno man, but a lot of this seems like you plugging your ears and going "I can't heaaar you!".

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885

We've already told you he WAS talked about after Cloud was confirmed back in the day. This isn't a new thing.

Believe me, I've been skeptical of the guy since the beginning considering he only had one feat under his belt to my knowledge (though I fully admit I mostly stayed quiet on said skepticism because it was proving to be in Geno's favor), but this isn't some "new" thing, so stop acting like it is.

Also, blocking Nekoo over this is pretty silly. I love Geno man, but a lot of this seems like you plugging your ears and going "I can't heaaar you!".
No, I just hate the guy.

Jetsurge

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-2536-8732-7990
I think a Square character is DLC or a Mewtwo style reveal.
Doubt it. Mewtwo wasn't started until after Smash 4 was finished development. We wouldn't of herd rumors of a Square character this far back if that was the case.

Last edited:

Noipoi

Howdy!
Christ that's over a month

I need some help, I literally can't tell the passage of time anymore. The past three weeks have felt like one long, dragged out, endless day. Sad thing is I know it's not the wait for Smash doing this to me, but I'm running out of things to occupy my free time.
If it's any consolation October's almost over.
Then it's a few weeks of November, then Smash is out!
If you break it down it's not that long a wait, i'm sure you can find things to do within seven weeks!

Idon

Smash Legend
NNID
Miyamoto Iori
Switch FC
SW-4826-9581-3305
So...

am i the only one who doesn't think sassy geno is entirely dead yet?

Looking at the two pictures side-by-side, the PM Geno has his head tilted back slightly further than Sassy Geno. Also, it's entirely possible for the supposed animation to look very similar to a mod. The Mario Bros. and Doc, who seem to have very similar builds to Geno, have very similar dizzy animations to this supposed Geno one probably, complete with a head tilt.

The thing that makes it suspicious to me is not the similarity of the two animations, but how Geno's face is emotionless in the leaked picture.

Probably the denial talking, but my thoughts.
Well that's the thing about screencaps of animations: they move, so it's easy enough to assume that he snapshotted too early or late.
Plus, photoshop would very easily change the rest of whatever small inconsistencies are there, and the basis remains the same- there are far too many similarities for this to be "just a coincidence."

Pyra

Aegis vs Goddess
NNID
ToasterBrains
Switch FC
SW 8322 4207 9908

It'd be helpful if someone can aggregate information on this dude. I've never personally heard of him either, so it would be useful.

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
Doubt it. Mewtwo wasn't started until after Smash 4 was finished development. We wouldn't of herd rumors of a Square character this far back if that was the case.
And yet they had a model to show before the Wii U version was done.

NineS

Smash Lord
Alright, how did Sassy Geno getting debunked lead to all these unnecessary arguments? I see no point to it.
I feel as if the death of Sassy Geno caused his unhappy sassy spirit to possess multiple people on this board, causing them to lash out at each other with sass.

You know what this means, don't you? We have to sacrifice one of our Vergebens to undo the sassy curse.

CosmicQuark

Smash Master
If you break it down it's not that long a wait, i'm sure you can find things to do within seven weeks!
That's 4,233,600 seconds though. What am I supposed to do for the *calculates* 4,233,540 other seconds?

Good Guy Giygas

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-6635-8915-7294
Lol what even is this meme? It's like a half-melted M&M with the same amount of swag as Cool Spot...

Anyways, I know it'll never happen, but wouldn't it be interesting if we someday saw an interview or something similar where Sakurai addressed certain fake leaks?

Last edited:

Hydrualic Hydra

Smash Ace
If you break it down it's not that long a wait, I'm sure you can find things to do within seven weeks!
I'm wrapping up 100% completion of both Enter the Gungeon and Hollow Knight, then I want to try and 100% replay the Metroid Prime Trilogy and Thousand-Year Door. Y'know, if senior year of college doesn't serve me my own ass on a plate.

I just suddenly realized how much time has passed so fast. Within the past 3 weeks I lost my cat and one of my dogs back-to-back and I haven't really been able to tell where time has gone. My college is pretty far from where most of my friends live, so the only real sense of community I get is around here.

NineS

Smash Lord
Lol what even is this meme? It's like a half-melted M&M with the swag of Cool Spot...

Anyways, I know it'll never happen, but wouldn't it be interesting if we someday saw an interview or something similar where Sakurai addressed certain fake leaks?
I'd like to see him address the ESRB leak. We never really get to hear what he thinks of specific leaks.

In fact, I'd like to see Sakurai himself call out Vergeben and his sources.

Noipoi

Howdy!
I'm wrapping up 100% completion of both Enter the Gungeon and Hollow Knight, then I want to try and 100% replay the Metroid Prime Trilogy and Thousand-Year Door. Y'know, if senior year of college doesn't serve me my own *** on a plate.

I just suddenly realized how much time has passed so fast. Within the past 3 weeks I lost my cat and one of my dogs back-to-back and I haven't really been able to tell where time has gone. My college is pretty far from where most of my friends live, so the only real sense of community I get is around here.
I'm sorry about you're pets. Are you alright?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom