• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
The reason the death of Sassy Geno makes me mourn Geno as a whole is that Tetsu is insisting a leak has come out Squenix is upset about.

There is no other believable Geno leak. Erdrick and Sora have cases on the other hand.

It all hurts gang
I think he's full of crap. He only switched his story to Square after people started talking about the Geno leak

and he's being "Cryptic" by not mentioning Square directly by name

Last edited:

TheCJBrine

Smash Legend
Alright you can't tell me Square Enix won't care if Geno is leaked when, in fact, Sakurai would care and Square Enix hates leaks.

It doesn't matter if it's Slime or Geno, if the leak's info is real and they know the info is actually from an employee, Square Enix is going to hate it.

Last edited:

Polar Bair

Smash Apprentice
NNID
jac398
Remember, the more characters we have confirmed, the easier it is to guess a bunch of things and get one right. Consistency is what makes people follow Verge. I had my doubts because of his record in other games like SFV, but he's been right about everything with Smash so far. I'd go as far as to call it denial, but it's still leaks at the end of the day.

Jovahexeon Joranvexeon

Smash Champion
View attachment 170976

The logic on display here is mind-boggling.

You DO realize how fallacious it is to draw an equivalency between a leak that shotgun-guessed characters, including factually incorrect information, and someone who has been 100% correct so far?
Hey, I don't know Verg personally. All I can do is compare the scenarios. And plenty of people were accusing Verg inc the same due to other past hijinks until his Smash streak.

And I'm not drawing an equivalency but again, showing how circumstances, no matter how certain the leaker may appear to be, could very well call for things to not turn out completely how they claim it will.
Again, why is it such a big deal, stating that what Verg says isn't guaranteed?

CosmicQuark

Smash Master
The reason the death of Sassy Geno makes me mourn Geno as a whole is that Tetsu is insisting a leak has come out Squenix is upset about.

There is no other believable Geno leak. Erdrick and Sora have cases on the other hand.

It all hurts gang
He said he wasn't sure if it's been shared in public or private circles, though. And everything he was saying seemed to suggest Geno--he's had way more fake leaks than any other SE character, and he mentioned there was a lot going around that it's hard to pin down.

Noipoi

Howdy!

It all hurts gang
Don't give up hope, my child.
Geno's still got a shot, probably the best shot he's ever had.
Sure this leak would've been convenient, but he hasn't been deconfirmed has he?

T3Z3R1

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-5579-0990-8199
Well, after whole day of doing ****s, and coming on just to see some geno leak being disconfirmed. That is surprising to me since I thought that it was the image that some dude from resetera said it was real leak that got some people in nintendo to discuss about.

What's next, that horrible looking geno image that got confirmed as real leak? Honestly, at this point we don't ****ing know which leaks is real or not?

KMDP

Smash Legend
Bored. Decided for the fun of it if Smash was Infinity War that this is who'd survive or not in The Snap. :p

Survived::ultmario::ultdk::ultlink::ultsamus:/:ultzss::ultdarksamus::ultyoshi::ultkirby::ultfox::ultpikachu::ultdaisy::ultdoc::ultganondorf::ultroy::ultgnw::ultsnake::ultpit::ultdarkpit::ultpokemontrainer::ultlucas::ultkingdedede::ultlucario::ulttoonlink::ultwolf::ultmegaman::ultwiifittrainer::ultrosalina::ultlucina::ultrobin::ultbowserjr::ultduckhunt::ultbayonetta::ultrichter::ultkrool::ultisabelle:

Snapped::ultluigi::ultness::ultfalcon::ultjigglypuff::ultpeach::ultbowser::ulticeclimbers::ultzelda:/:ultsheik::ultpichu::ultfalco::ultmarth::ultyounglink::ultmewtwo::ultchrom::ultmetaknight::ultwario::ultike::ultdiddy::ultsonic::ultolimar::ultrob::ultvillager::ultlittlemac::ultgreninja::ultmiifighters::ultpalutena::ultpacman::ultshulk::ultryu::ultcloud::ultcorrin::ultinkling::ultridley::ultsimon:
Hmm...

Yoshi, Kirby, Pikachu, Lucas, Toon Link, Mega Man, Duck Hunt and Isabelle survive?

You gotta disintegrate the ones that are gonna be most soul-crushing, Michael!

:ultyoshi::ultkirby::ultpikachu::ultluigi::ultness::ultfalcon::ultjigglypuff::ultpeach::ultdaisy::ultdoc::ulticeclimbers::ultzelda::ultsheik::ultpichu::ultmewtwo::ultroy::ultyounglink::ultike::ultdiddy::ultpokemontrainer::ultlucas::ultkingdedede::ultolimar::ultrob::ultvillager::ultmegaman::ultlittlemac::ultlucina::ultmiifighters::ultpalutena::ultbowserjr::ultduckhunt::ultinkling::ultsimon::ultisabelle:

I can almost guarantee that most, if not all, heroes chosen to get wiped in Infinity War were the ones that'd hurt the most to see die (i.e. a teenage Peter Parker), balancing for allowing the heroes to make a comeback and revive them in the next movie.

Fenriraga

You have the strength to overcome your destiny!
Writing Team
NNID
DarkAura
For the record, Verge didn't say "The Square rep isn't Geno", because he still says he doesn't have complete confirmation on who it is, just that he personally doesn't think Square would be so protective of a character like Geno getting leak.

That's personal opinion, not any of his "insider info". And as we've seen, Verge can be pretty... opinionated.

Last edited:

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
He never switched his story.
It was people who assumed things out of his words that he had to clarify.
I still think he's full of crap.

Supposedly leaked cloud my ass

Last edited:

Nekoo

Smash Master
NNID
Almazu
3DS FC
0259-0278-5162
He said he wasn't sure if it's been shared in public or private circles, though. And everything he was saying seemed to suggest Geno--he's had way more fake leaks than any other SE character, and he mentioned there was a lot going around that it's hard to pin down.

He never suggested Anything since he himself don't know the Characters and he himself said that all he can make is a guess.

The only things we can legitimately say is "There a leak somewhere around a month ago. Something we know or not that pissed off Square-Enix"

And Sassy Geno isn't one of them.

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
I know people write it off, but I think the only SE leak we have from months ago is the Leaky Pandy leak

There is no picture leak from any SE characters or anything else

It's going to be a DQ character if this guy actually knows something

Last edited:

Dee Dude

“Never ask Dee for anything again”
3DS FC
0576-7674-5319
people just now found out its fake? i thought it was debunked long ago

Anyway, here’s a game: Out of all the veterans, which one would you completely revamp?

Not minor retooling or anything, a flat-out reboot on their moveset with absolutely no similarities to their past attacks, specials etc almost turning them into a brand new character.

Main alienation be darned.

And since I know a majority is going to say the most obvious answer. You can’t say :ultganondorf:

For me, it’s definitely :ultbowserjr:.
Get rid of the dumb clown car and have him on his feet with his Paintbrush giving him a new Sunshine inspired moveset. RIP: Koopaling alts.

TheCJBrine

Smash Legend
I can guarantee that, if what Vergeben says about SE's leak policy is true, they absolutely will care about the leak if it's Geno and it's real, because not only do they hate leaks, but Sakurai would care, and it would still let people know their business. Actually, of course, because that's normal business, and "someone broke an NDA with us, let's fire 'em boys!"

Vergeben's statement about Geno is his opinion and nothing more, his thoughtless opinion.

Last edited:

Good Guy Giygas

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-6635-8915-7294

It all hurts gang
Didn't the Tetsu person say it could be a text or photo leak that SE is upset about? Cause if that's the case, maybe they just caught wind of Vergeben's SE rep statement. They could be upset that the surprise of there even being another rep from their company is being spoiled.

Anyways I wouldn't count Geno out just yet.

Last edited:

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
Hmm...

Yoshi, Kirby, Pikachu, Lucas, Toon Link, Mega Man, Duck Hunt and Isabelle survive?

:ultyoshi::ultkirby::ultpikachu::ultluigi::ultness::ultfalcon::ultjigglypuff::ultpeach::ultdaisy::ultdoc::ulticeclimbers::ultzelda::ultsheik::ultpichu::ultmewtwo::ultroy::ultyounglink::ultike::ultdiddy::ultpokemontrainer::ultlucas::ultkingdedede::ultolimar::ultrob::ultvillager::ultmegaman::ultlittlemac::ultlucina::ultmiifighters::ultpalutena::ultbowserjr::ultduckhunt::ultinkling::ultsimon::ultisabelle:

I can almost guarantee that most, if not all, heroes chosen to get wiped in Infinity War were the ones that'd hurt the most to see die (i.e. a teenage Peter Parker), balancing for allowing the heroes to make a comeback and revive them in the next movie.
Kinda changed my list now if you look at it. Also being the original Avengers survived I thought the same would go for the original 8. The secret four though wouldn't survive. Also kind of wanted to do opposites rather then Lucas disappearing Ness does instead and such. Also Dedede's too perfect to not survive. :p

Last edited:

Luigi The President

Smash Hero
Didn't the Tetsu person say it could be a text or photo leak that SE is upset about? Cause if that's the case, maybe they just caught wind of Vergeben's SE rep statement. They could be upset that the surprise of there even being another rep from their company getting leaked.

Tetsu said within the last month

Zinith

Yoshi is Thicc in S P I R I T
All around you, awaiting to consume your soul
Switch FC
SW-4624-0132-9722
Hmm...

People are gonna eliminate my boi over my COLD, DEAD BODY!!!

Shroob

Sup?
Just to clarify: NO. SASSY GENO IS NOT DEAD. AND HE LOOKS NOTHING LIKE THE BRAWL MOD.
Mate, it's literally the same pose.

Someone took a SS and Photoshopped over it.

There's a reason everyone's writing it off, because there's no way in hell it would have the EXACT SAME animation as a mod.

Nekoo

Smash Master
NNID
Almazu
3DS FC
0259-0278-5162
I still think he's full of crap.

Supposedly leaked cloud my ***
Come on. Now that's just being rude. He actually leaked Cloud and everyone mocked him beforehand.
There a difference with not believing and blinding yourself.

I know people write it off, but I think the only SE leak we have from months ago is the Leaky Pandy leak

There is no picture leak from any SE characters or anything else

It's going to be a DQ character if this guy actually knows something
It's either Leakypanda VGA DLC which is maybe DQ
Or it's Hashimoto's tweet about Sora
Or a private leak

Didn't the Tetsu person say it could be a text or photo leak that SE is upset about? Cause if that's the case, maybe they just caught wind of Vergeben's SE rep statement. They could be upset that the surprise of there even being another rep from their company is being spoiled.

Or this.

Jovahexeon Joranvexeon

Smash Champion
That leak mentioned Simon. But in the context of "Simon Belmon leaker". It was saying Simon wasn't in, as in, Vergeben got that Castlevania was getting a rep right, but he got the character wrong. Not that Richter and Simon are in. Only Richter out of the two.
And what's to say the leaker didn't get their sources mixed up as well? Or ran into a similar issue as Verg has before? Lord knows the community found it plausible for quite a duration.

And I'm not even saying I believe in it. It's just that again, the leaking scene isn't all. that clear or fully guaranteed.
And that’s OK if you don’t believe him, even if I disagree. We’ll see if he’s right or not in due time anyways.
Pretty much what I said from the start, amicably. This whole mess occurred because I simply said what Verg said isn't guaranteed.

Something that DID NOT need to go on for as long as this debacle has.

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
Ha ha I knew this was coming.

As said though being the original Avengers survived and that Yoshi is among the original 8. It'd be logical he survives hence he's among them on my list. ;)

perfectchaos83

Smash Champion

Outside of SE being pissed, everything Tetsu said was an assumption.

KMDP

Smash Legend
Kinda changed my list now if you look at it. Also being the original Avengers survived I thought the same would go for the original 8. The secret four though wouldn't survive. Also kind of wanted to do opposites rather then Lucas disappearing Ness does instead and such. Also Dedede's too perfect to not survive. :p
Fair enough. :laugh:
Except Dedede would absolutely die for that exact reason.
You'll be together in the dust motes. *snap*

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392

Is it a bad time to say I still believe in Box Theory with Kencineroar as the only characters left?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom