• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Pyra

Aegis vs Goddess
NNID
ToasterBrains
Switch FC
SW 8322 4207 9908
So lets debunk the Dixie and Banjo leak next!

Interesting note on Dixie's eyes...

Still fake because sausage finger Banjo, but good detail nonetheless.
I will never not find the "blinking with your eyes open" thing totally bizarre.

Nekoo

Smash Master
NNID
Almazu
3DS FC
0259-0278-5162
Would LeakyPandy's VGA statement actually tick Square off?

I mean, they never specifically mentioned Square or any of their franchises, leaving people to guess. Even if the info they gave regarding a "political move" made it seem obvious...

It sounds far-fetched anyway; if your marketing people are concerned it won't win due to political stuff, why bother planning a reveal that's supposed to ride the hype of it winning...?
It would definitely piss them off, just the realm of the possibility that their VGA surprise might get leaked.

Man you guys jump the gun sometimes

Your giving up on Geno all because one stupid rumor picture got debunk

I'm not leaving the train until I see the final dlc character announced and none of the characters is geno
The problem is that...there no other convincing leaks for Geno around a month ago that could be linked with what Tansut said. Or what could piss of Square-Enix.

So... maybe it is a leak that only leakers know about?

NineS

Smash Lord
No seriously how was it debunked?
People found a Project M screenshot of a Geno that perfectly matches the pose he makes, along with the background.

Then, someone on this board hopped onto project M to check it out, and took a screenshot of Geno making the exact pose in-game as they played.

It's just his Shield break animation, not him being Sassy. Someone photoshopped over this model to make it look nicer.

Fenriraga

You have the strength to overcome your destiny!
Writing Team
NNID
DarkAura
Not even I can protect something when their shield breaks.

Honestly though, this whole ordeal will just make it even MORE satisfying if (when?) Geno does make it. If not, well, I'll live. Said it a million times and I'll say it again, I'll be sad, but holy crap with the roster we had that sadness will be fleeting.

But I'm still confident. I think Geno still has way too much riding in his favor.

Last edited:

lightdrago

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW 2938 1058 0987
And yet, he got them right. His other is just as unconfirmed as Verg's yet-to-be-seens. It's a waste of time debating them versus one another until we see what actually comes out.

Hence why enlisting to any one leaker is a waste of time and speculation from the get go.
Is it not suspect that the demo only has Richter, the echo, but not Simon, the “main” slot? There were many 4chan text leaks stating Isabelle was in yet we don’t lend any credence to them. This is no different, except with a convoluted and unbelievable story.

I think Verg’s info is legit (in regards to Smash), and I don’t mean to insist that you have to believe in Verg, but this “”””leak”””” got lucky. Nothing more. There’s a reason the Gothitelle being playable is a bit of a meme here.

Noipoi

Howdy!
It matches up with Project M's Geno shield break animation perfectly.
The pose is basically 1 to 1 with the shield break animation for a Geno mod.

Sassy Geno was heavily photoshopped over it.
Huh. Well there goes that leak.

It's not like it affects Geno's chances so I don't care that much.

However, I will always miss how absolutely done with everything he looked.

Ripperoni in pepperoni, Sassy Geno. May you roll your eyes in leak heaven forevermore.

Pyra

Aegis vs Goddess
NNID
ToasterBrains
Switch FC
SW 8322 4207 9908
Man you guys jump the gun sometimes

Your giving up on Geno all because one stupid rumor picture got debunk

I'm not leaving the train until I see the final dlc character announced and none of the characters is geno
boi when did I ever say I'm giving up on Geno

I'm dying on the Geno hill as my major gamble this speculation season, don't get started with me.

NineS

Smash Lord
The problem is that...there no other convincing leaks for Geno around a month ago that could be linked with what Tansut said. Or what could piss of Square-Enix.

You know, this brings me back to what Vergeben had said about the Square Enix rep, and it relating to Geno... Of course, I may just be crazy. And I am.

Smashoperatingbuddy123

Smash Legend
It would definitely piss them off, just the realm of the possibility that their VGA surprise might get leaked.

Yea but I heard from papageno it may be a text leak as well and he could always be wrong even though he got cloud right

Beside dlc is next to lock

I don't care what everyone tells me I'm staying with geno as base or dlc until everyone is officially announced

Last edited:

JustCallMeJon

Smash Lord
3DS FC
3067-7373-5050
Switch FC
SW 4274 8573 0226
Even though the leak is debunked, you should not claim that this debunk ruin Geno's chances significantly. It is a leak image after all.

Do not be pessimistic towards Geno if you root for him. There are good enough evidences that keeps him going. Besides, it is a image leak like many others. I like Geno but that image does not click me. I am glad that we debunked this but my chance score for him is still the same.

Root your character and believe it strong, one day your wishes shall be granted!

Nekoo

Smash Master
NNID
Almazu
3DS FC
0259-0278-5162
You know, this brings me back to what Vergeben had said about the Square Enix rep, and it relating to Geno... Of course, I may just be crazy. And I am.
Same ... I'm thinking about this even more now

LetterO

Smash Lord
So Sassy Geno was debunked, huh...

alright well Geno's still all but confirmed anyways

Jovahexeon Joranvexeon

Smash Champion
but this “”””leak”””” got lucky.
Notice, I never have said he got lucky. I've just stated that what he's said, other leakers have said.
Is it not suspect that the demo only has Richter, the echo, but not Simon, the “main” slot?
Actually it did mention Simon. Not sure what you're on about: https://boards.fireden.net/v/thread/422689663/

think Verg’s info is legit (in regards to Smash),
And you're very well welcome to continue with that.
I and others don't feel he's shown enough accuracy to warrant every word of his as a guarantee. Plain and simple.

Pyra

Aegis vs Goddess
NNID
ToasterBrains
Switch FC
SW 8322 4207 9908
Even though the leak is debunked, you should not claim that this debunk ruin Geno's chances significantly. It is a leak image after all.

Do not be pessimistic towards Geno if you root for him. There are good enough evidences that keeps him going. Besides, it is a image leak like many others. I like Geno but that image does not click me. I am glad that we debunked this but my chance score for him is still the same.

Root your character and believe it strong, one day your wishes shall be granted!
Massive disclaimer here but people haven't given up on Geno, just starting to mourn Sassy Geno.
A very specific member of the Geno species.

Shroob

Sup?
Notice, I never have said he got lucky. I've just stated that what he's said, other leakers have said.

Actually it did mention Simon. Not sure what you're on about: https://boards.fireden.net/v/thread/422689663/

I and others don't feel he's shown enough accuracy to warrant every word of his as a guarantee. Plain and simple.
Oh christ in a handbasket, no, no Gothitelle leak.

Bad leak.

BAD.

You stay ****ing buried.

NineS

Smash Lord
Same ... I'm thinking about this even more now
What Vergeben said about Geno, what we know about a legitimate image leak floating around out there that we've yet to track down, and this Geno image leak previously being the top contender for that possible real image leak turning out to have just been a convincing red herring. . . I need to gather my thoughts to figure out what to make of this along with all the other stuff.

TheCJBrine

Smash Legend
Geno still has stuff making it likely he's in Ultimate

-He got a mii costume after the ballot, the only costume with its own splash card
-Sakurai did this to acknowledge the fans with what he had time for (I'd assume since another character would take a year, and he probably had plans for this next game in mind), as he mentioned Geno is very popular and get's a lot of requests when it comes to old characters

And remember that Vergeben's words on Geno were his own speculation in regards to someone's question; you can't tell me that if an actual real Geno leak, text or not, came up somewhere, Square wouldn't be ticked off even though it's real and they hate leaks

Nekoo

Smash Master
NNID
Almazu
3DS FC
0259-0278-5162
Please Nekoo
This once
Save me

What do you mean by Vergeben and relating to Geno. what is "this"
The things he said a while ago about Square Enix probably not caring about Geno Leaks because he's the most speculated Characters around here...
Even if it was his own comment...when you put it next to Tansut comment about them being pissed off and maybe no convincing leak left it's scary.

I'm still genuinely pissed off that the Geno Leak was just a photoshop and not a true rumor.

Hydrualic Hydra

Smash Ace
And yet, he got them right. His other is just as unconfirmed as Verg's yet-to-be-seens. It's a waste of time debating them versus one another until we see what actually comes out.

Hence why enlisting to any one leaker is a waste of time and speculation from the get go.
Your Opinion is Wrong.png

The logic on display here is mind-boggling.

You DO realize how fallacious it is to draw an equivalency between a leak that shotgun-guessed characters, including factually incorrect information, and someone who has been 100% correct so far?

Luigi The President

Smash Hero
The things he said a while ago about Square Enix probably not caring about Geno Leaks because he's the most speculated Characters around here...
Even if it was his own comment...when you put it next to Tansut comment about them being pissed off and maybe no convincing leak left it's scary.

I'm still genuinely pissed off that the Geno Leak was just a photoshop and not a true rumor.
Well you definitely didn't save me

NineS

Smash Lord

CosmicQuark

Smash Master
I'm not sure why everyone's mourning one leak--Geno's still one of the most likely characters to be in.

Banjo on the other hand *shivers*

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
All I can say is that it's going to be sad if Nintendo can't match the quality of a photoshopped low poly Project M mod

Nintendo, you've been issued a challenge. You need to step up your game

Luigi The President

Smash Hero
The reason the death of Sassy Geno makes me mourn Geno as a whole is that Tetsu is insisting a leak has come out Squenix is upset about.

There is no other believable Geno leak. Erdrick and Sora have cases on the other hand.

It all hurts gang

lightdrago

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW 2938 1058 0987

Says the Simon Belmont leaker (aka Verge), got the IP right, but not the right character. The leak implies that Richter’s the unique and that Simon is not in the game at all. Which kills it in my eyes, the rest is just more to the grave I guess.

And that’s OK if you don’t believe him, even if I disagree. We’ll see if he’s right or not in due time anyways.

So November direct pls

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom