• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Luigi The President

Smash Hero
I can open up PM and get Geno into this exact pose very easily. It's his dizzy/shield break animation. Unless we are to believe that Geno in Ultimate happens to have a 1:1 shared animation with PM Geno, we should consider this leak thoroughly debunked. Screenshot I just took included.

https://i.imgur.com/dnlCHSp.png
Hey BoyMan, been 5 minutes. Just want you to know this post ruined my life

D

Deleted member

I was thinking maybe they will show case some more news on their 2019 lineup of games like fire emblem or maybe even bayonetta 3. Or more news about Pokémon let’s go. But idk I think it safe to assume we are getting a smash direct at least.
That'll probably be around January, if I had to guess. December could potentially have something as well, but TBH it's hard to tell with Nintendo. They're not one for patterns.

Jovahexeon Joranvexeon

Smash Champion
He's not the source, but he's the second-hand messenger who's yet to give us false hope.
Not if you count his Phoenix Wright leak. Prime example that he's not 100%. That's only a piece of the puzzle though, as to why him saying inenecorar is in, is still no true guarantee.

Like it or lump it. We'll see in due time if his sources all ring true. For now though, speculation ain't gonna be dictated by what he says.

Good Guy Giygas

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-6635-8915-7294
I mean let's be honest, none of us wanted to debunk Sassy Geno. It was definitely one of the best leaks we've seen in this speculation cycle.

Last edited:

TheCJBrine

Smash Legend
Well now I can post this for good reason.

Geno (triggered).png

Not if you count his Phoenix Wright leak. Prime example that he's not 100%. That's only a piece of the puzzle though, as to why him saying inenecorar is in, is still no true guarantee.

Like it or lump it. We'll see in due time if his sources all ring true. For now though, speculation ain't gonna be dictated by what he says.
What would his Phoenix leak have to do with Smash? He has different sources for different games.

tbh I'm not even aware of what leak that is.

Last edited:

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
A report from a credible leaker claiming that we are getting both a general direct and a Smash direct next month will kill the box theory if it's correct.
Ken in one direct, Incineroar in the other

BAM

Smashoperatingbuddy123

Smash Legend
Calm down your all jumping to conclusions

The leak being fake doesn’t deconfirm geno at all his chances are still decent for either base or dlc

All it means is the cloud leaker was talking about a different rumor/leak

And if the direct thing is correct I’m sure general will come first

And it just hit me the delay in September may have caused a push back in whatever that general direct is.

Last edited:

Dukeofdeath5

Smash Lord
A report from a credible leaker claiming that we are getting both a general direct and a Smash direct next month will kill the box theory if it's correct.
Not necessarily. General Direct could be the reveal of the two final characters or the reveal of Spirit mode, while the Smash direct is the 50 things what have you and not contain newcomers

I didn't want to be the one to do it :(. Geno is the only character I want.
the greatest sacrifices require the strongest wills

Last edited:

AugustusB

Smash Champion
Well there we go. Goodbye Sweet Prince leak...Perhaps we will see the real you soon...

EDIT: Sassy Geno no more, but still a chance they are in the game. That I wont give up on.

Last edited:

Koopaul

Smash Champion
Changing gears from Geno leaks. I've been thinking there's a good chance there will be another DLC Ballot. But this time around our votes will influence the direct game rather than be reserved for the next (like K. Rool) the Switch is going to be around for a while so I'm assuming that the Ballot will take multiple characters. How many? Who knows?

Nekoo

Smash Master
NNID
Almazu
3DS FC
0259-0278-5162
Guess it's time to redo my Square-Enix infographics rumors...

So, what is left as "Candidate" leak that ruffled feathers at Square-Enix and annoyed them around a time of one months

-Hashimoto's possible self-leak with the Sora tweet
-LeakyPandy of all people implying the VGA DLC being a category winner (Either Dragon Quest for RPG or KHIII for most anticipated games of 2019)
-Or Internal Leak for Leaker Circle only

Place your bets.

RileyXY1

Smash Hero
Not necessarily. General Direct could be the reveal of the two final characters or the reveal of Spirit mode, while the Smash direct is the 50 things what have you and not contain newcomers
The 50 things trailers can contain newcomers (Bowser Jr. in Smash 4).

PsySmasher

Smash Hero
Switch FC
SW 8231-8239-3130
I agree, but it being basically no effort to just let Nintendo use the character and make easy money because he's such a fan request sounds good to me. I consider Sora off the table because Disney has even less to gain in this kind of deal, and I thought they owned any original content in KH.
As for Lara Croft... I didn't know Tomb Raider was still relevant, tbh. She's just a retro character in my mind, and I don't think Sakurai is at liberty to include a retro third party. I guess if the series is still successful then she's a good candidate.
Geno would be a good pick for making it to the base roster, since from what I remember, 3rd parties get a one-time payment for using their character. I wouldn't be surprised if he's in.

As DLC, I'm not sure how he would sell. We know that the Smash community knows and loves him + all the SMRPG fans. But a good chunk of the current general audience wouldn't necessarily know who Geno is. So, I don't know how good of a choice he would be for bringing in additional revenue.

On Sora, yeah the whole IP/Disney/Square debate makes it very difficult to gauge what Sora's chances are. But outside of Geno, he makes the most sense, in my opinion, to be playable.

I could also see another FFVII working since the game/franchise is already represented.

And on the point of Lara being a retro rep... pretty much all of the 3rd party characters (minus Snake and Bayonetta) could be considered retro if you really think about it.

D

Deleted member

That's assuming there'd be a Smash reveal in the Direct, or that said Direct is a general one and not a mini or a game focused one.

I dunno, I may be wrong, but I just don't see another general Direct next before a Smash one. We JUST had one in September revealing things like LM3, AC Switch, and more. What would another general Direct even focus on?

Last edited by a moderator:

NineS

Smash Lord

Again, he's not the most reliable leaker overall, but in these circumstances... Smash Ultimate leaks, that is... He's absolutely reliable, and has yet to get something wrong.

TheCJBrine

Smash Legend

So, what is left as "Candidate" leak that ruffled feathers at Square-Enix and annoyed them around a time of one months

-LeakyPandy of all people implying the VGA DLC being a category winner (Either Dragon Quest for RPG or KHIII for most anticipated games of 2019)

Place your bets.
I still wonder if that leak with Geno and Celica could be legit.

Jovahexeon Joranvexeon

Smash Champion
What would his Phoenix leak have to do with Smash? He has different sources for different games.
The fact that it is a Smash leak I'm talking about. The one involving phoenix Wright, Zero, Tails and Noctis, before he rejected it afterward quite later down the line as a fault in the source. Which can potentially happen with whichever source is suggesting incenaroar.

Dukeofdeath5

Smash Lord
The 50 things trailers can contain newcomers (Bowser Jr. in Smash 4).
Well of course but they could also not contain one. My point is two directs doesn't deconfirm box as they could simply focus on things either than newcomers in either one of them

RileyXY1

Smash Hero
Well of course but they could also not contain one. My point is two directs doesn't deconfirm box as they could simply focus on things either than newcomers in either one of them
Why would they? Newcomer reveals bring most of the attention. That's what the vast majority of Smash fans speculate on.

Shroob

Sup?
Honestly, I always get a sick pleasure seeing a leak/theory/fan rule die.

This time the joy I'm receiving is a lot less, and is moreso a "Well, that sucks".

AugustusB

Smash Champion

Place your bets.
I personally think it is something we DO NOT know about (The General Public)

No other image leak looked as good as the Sassy Geno.

Could be the the Masked Man text leak, but more likely a trap....

IDK man.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom