• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member

If Digimon gets a character, and we don’t get the Digi Rap with them, it would’ve been a colossal waste of effort.

D

Deleted member

I remember a ******** dream where a Smash Direct released, but everything revealed was awful. I only remember two things, doh:

-One was a Mortal Kombat rep, i think Kitana, with an echo fighter that was just her but with a different suit colour.

-The other was the worst one: Crash appeared from some bushes, but suddenly gets trapped in an assist trophy. Afte that, the thing breaks and Madden Player goes out of it revealing him as the Activision rep. He was Melee Pit without wings and bow, wearing a blue american football outfit and a football on the left hand. He apparently represented the Atari sport games by Activision.

Last edited by a moderator:

Pyra

Aegis vs Goddess
NNID
ToasterBrains
Switch FC
SW 8322 4207 9908
If Digimon gets a character, and we don’t get the Digi Rap with them, it would’ve been a colossal waste of effort.
We're talking about Smash Ultimate.

It'll have a rap.

At this point I'm convinced that every franchise has a rap or otherwise bizarre song with vocals in Ultimate, most of them are just unrevealed so far.

Nothing will beat Gangplank Galleon though

Thinkaman

NNID
Thinkaman
3DS FC
1504-5749-3616
Just think, we could have the Poke Rap, the Digi Rap, and the DK Rap. When you combine all 3, you'd create the whitest thing since Bo Jack Horseman.

Ramen Tengoku

Meiniac
Switch FC
SW-6056-3633-7710
I'd love to see Phosphora make it in! That'd be really cool.
Yeah, let's just say that dream made me want her in even more...
I'm telling you, Kid Icarus has so much potential in the character department...
Dreams? The other night I had a dream thy revealed Tyranitar for Smash Ultimate. I only saw him on the mural, where he was over by Ryu.
Hmmm... Ya know? He really wouldn't be that bad of a Gen 2 Rep compared to Pichu (I still love my Pichu, though it's just that an entire Gen being repped by a clone feels off)...
Crash appeared from some bushes, but suddenly gets trapped in an assist trophy. Afte that, the thing breaks and Madden Player goes out of it revealing him as the Activision rep. He was Melee Pit without wings and bow, wearing a blue american football outfit and a football on the left hand. He apparently represented the Atari sport games by Activision.
Never thought I wanted this, But now I do...
Also, Pit never was in Melee...

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Yeah, let's just say that dream made me want her in even more...
I'm telling you, Kid Icarus has so much potential in the character department...

Hmmm... Ya know? He really wouldn't be that bad of a Gen 2 Rep compared to Pichu (I still love my Pichu, though it's just that an entire Gen being repped by a clone feels off)...

Never thought I wanted this, But now I do...
Also, Pit never was in Melee...
I refer to his trophy.

D

Deleted member

Just think, we could have the Poke Rap, the Digi Rap, and the DK Rap. When you combine all 3, you'd create the whitest thing since Bo Jack Horseman.
And just when you think it couldn’t get any more white, the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles are revealed as DLC, along with a brand new arrangement of the Ninja Rap.

Iridium

Smash Hero
I still remember having a dream about Pokémon Y existing before I even knew it was a thing. I was playing the game just like that, but I recall seeing Gen VI Pokémon there. Next time that happens, I'll call myself a self-leaker.

Can't explain how this even happened, and I do sound crazy.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
I've only had four Smash related dreams and all four were weird.
Digi-See?
Digi-Hear?
DIGI-KNOW WHAT'S COMIN'?

Pyra

Aegis vs Goddess
NNID
ToasterBrains
Switch FC
SW 8322 4207 9908
I'll call myself a self-leaker.
Usually you have to get checked out at the hospital for that kind of thing.

Retrospectively prophetic dreams are awesome, though.
I'd talk about mine but I don't wanna oust my information source.

D

Deleted member

Bakc when Miiverse was a thing, i read a dream that a user had about Sakurai being his gym teacher, and each time he felt the class ended right, he revealed a newcomer for Smash 4.

The DanMan051

Banned via Warnings
Smash dreams? Shortly after the Ken leak, I dreamt 4 different Ryu Echoes were revealed simultaneously-- one of them being Ken, 3 of them being characters that my mind made up exclusively for the dream and that's all I can recall of them.

Graizen

Smash Champion
It's fine. Keep supporting your character dude, I appreciate when people do that against all odds haha.

Maybe it's the speculation gambler in me.
Yeah , but its realy fine when a Moderator of the forum comes here and talks all the bad things he wants?
And i have to shut up and see that like "Ah Nice!"

osby

Smash Obsessed
He'd better be a Shulk echo so we can all speculate about ZeRo's "potential" in competitive play.
I don't care about his moveset but it'd be great if he was a playable fighter, so I could use him as a punching bag for :ultzss:.

(Not that I approve violence against real people)

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Smash dreams? Shortly after the Ken leak, I dreamt 4 different Ryu Echoes were revealed simultaneously-- one of them being Ken, 3 of them being characters that my mind made up exclusively for the dream and that's all I can recall of them.
Better than Kitana and her but with a different colour.

Like, imagine that Luigi in Smash was just Mario but with a Luigi pallete swap, and taking a spot on the roster next to the actual Mario.

Pyra

Aegis vs Goddess
NNID
ToasterBrains
Switch FC
SW 8322 4207 9908
Yeah , but its realy fine when a Moderator of the forum comes here and talks all the bad things he wants?
Trust me, it's fine.

Mods are people too and can say their opinion as well outside of a moderating context haha

alemerltoucanet

Smash Lord
NNID
AngrySilverBird
The number one character I support for Smash is non-other than Quote from Cave Story.

If he somehow came, that'd be the best Smash reveal in my life.

Good Guy Giygas

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-6635-8915-7294
I had a Smash Ultimate dream awhile back that the last character revealed was Sakurai himself. It was strange because he kinda just looked like a Mii, but he had his own unique moveset. The trailer was really weird and I remember feeling pretty disappointed lol. It felt like he was laughing at fans while also stroking his ego.

Last edited:

Amazing Ampharos

Balanced Brawl Designer
Writing Team
The relatively poor odds that Port Town Aero Dive will be legal thanks to no ledges and the basically 0% chance Mute City SNES will be legal should sink everyone's hearts because it pretty much means we won't be hearing much of the absolutely incredible new F-Zero track.

D

Deleted member

If Metroid gets a rap, i would like something inspired by the Prime Trilogy OST, or at least Prime 2's one.

Luigi The President

Smash Hero
Uh...no you don't??? A moderator is just like us, a person with opinions who interacts with our community.
So yeah it's totally fine if he expresses his Digimon opinions. Good even.

D

Deleted member

The relatively poor odds that Port Town Aero Dive will be legal thanks to no ledges and the basically 0% chance Mute City SNES will be legal should sink everyone's hearts because it pretty much means we won't be hearing much of the absolutely incredible new F-Zero track.
I thought that Omega stages were made for that purpose.

Pyra

Aegis vs Goddess
NNID
ToasterBrains
Switch FC
SW 8322 4207 9908
I genuinely tried to sad-react this like on facebook. :(

So i can say my opinion about his opinion and no one will Ban me from this forum?

View attachment 170870

Look what a Nice guy he is!
Yeah, just don't be rude. *shrug*
That's just a rule of thumb in general here. That most people here forget.

osby

Smash Obsessed
But you can, if you play casually more often.

Graizen

Smash Champion
Uh...no you don't??? A moderator is just like us, a person with opinions who interacts with our community.
So yeah it's totally fine if he expresses his Digimon opinions. Good even.
So if i say that my opinion about his opinion is that "He talks alot of nonsense all the time"
Will i get banned?

D

Deleted member

Digimon anime or Pokémon anime?

Some people told me that the first is better.

Luigi The President

Smash Hero
So if i say that my opinion about his opinion is that "He talks alot of nonsense all the time"
Will i get banned?
No??? Because he's not some vile power tripper just because he doesn't like your favorite game series??

It's also good to you know back up a statement like that because I get the feeling you're just saying that because he said something rude about Digimon

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
But, why?
“Kid”, “Icarus”, “Pit”, “Palutena”, “Pittoo”, “Viridi”, “Love”
DDB64D13-A122-45DE-AD5F-739388BB3CE1.png
3678E4E4-F774-47D3-AD21-CCCF8B5225AC.png
I just hope the skull gut with the magic stick doesnt come back
**** him and juggles
You get used to him...besides...better than the Tempura Wizard

Attachments

D

Deleted member

But you can, if you play casually more often.
Alternatively, BF/Omega forms. It seems like there will be no terrain differences this time, no reason to have them banned.

Aside from stream copyright shenanigans...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom