• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Dukeofdeath5

Smash Lord
Yeah, Kazooie does look great in that render (if this is the one you're mentioning) whereas Banjo looks great in parts (outside of the misalignments), I do agree while he's had squabbles with Kazooie, he's never been "angry" per se. Also, I feel like if Sakurai does redo Banjo & Kazooie in HD, it would be more faithful to their designs rather than a reimagining.

If I remember correctly this render has already been proven to be bogus (if not pretty questionable) due to appearing to be a edit of two images conjoined

It'd be a pretty well made fake though

Paperchampion23

Smash Champion
The thing that's good about sassy Geno is he is modeled very similarly to every other Ultimate style character: They all have a very solid clay look to them now, and this Geno pic looks pretty similar.

Whoever made the dab gif after though has some serious skills, unless they were the same person lol then in that case it's fake.

Shroob

Sup?
The one thing I'm finding suspect about Sas-Geno being his Splashscreen is...

All the other Splashscreens characters have received has the background elements of their locations still 'exist', just become the color of the current splash(Like the area in Ridley's Splash screen becomes red).

There's, frankly nothing behind Sassy Geno, just the cut of dark blue to light blue.

CosmicQuark

Smash Master

yo wtf
can we get this in smash
Wait, this is real? First Nintendo kills off their mascot, and now they have a ****ing axe going through his head. Nintendo's getting hardcore.

If I remember correctly this render has already been proven to be bogus (if not pretty questionable) due to appearing to be a edit of two images conjoined

It'd be a pretty well made fake though
Yeah, I know it's fake, but was pointing at it being one of the best fakes--which is a shame, because I have a hard time believing any of the other "leaked images" would be of Banjo. Unless there's a good one I've missed.

TheCJBrine

Smash Legend
The thing that's good about sassy Geno is he is modeled very similarly to every other Ultimate style character: They all have a very solid clay look to them now, and this Geno pic looks pretty similar.

Whoever made the dab gif after though has some serious skills, unless they were the same person lol then in that case it's fake.
Which dab gif?

I remember seeing one, but its model had multiple differences, plus its textures are simple colors.

In the archive it was the first time it was posted, but if it was cropped at all it wouldn't show up.
Okay then; I just hope that guy on that thread saying it was 2 days ago from that day was telling the truth.

Last edited:

Luigi The President

Smash Hero

All the other Splashscreens characters have received has the background elements of their locations still 'exist', just become the color of the current splash(Like the area in Ridley's Splash screen becomes red).

There's, frankly nothing behind Sassy Geno, just the cut of dark blue to light blue.
I don't believe it's his splashscreen. I just have no damn idea what it IS for, if it's in.

TyrantLizardKing

Smash Lord

This and the model's awkward pose and general blurriness have me in doubt still, but there doesn't seem to be anything hard deconfirming it either.

Shroob

Sup?
ef3.png

DmHhz46U0AAJKR8.jpg

A comparison to express what I mean.

Where would this Geno render 'exist' in game?

It's wayyyy too mellow to be his render, it's too high detailed to be his model, and it's most likely not from his trailer.

CosmicQuark

Smash Master
I don't believe it's his splashscreen. I just have no damn idea what it IS for, if it's in.
The thing that gets me about Sassy Geno is that the Ken leak, like many leaks, showed cropped at first but then gave the full one. It's really hard to tell what's going on in the background, and it seems odd to just leave it at that. Add to that Geno's one of the more easier renders to fake (relatively speaking). That being said, I consistently keep going back to that one when looking for "realistic leaks" in the junk.

lightdrago

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW 2938 1058 0987
View attachment 170431

View attachment 170432

It's wayyyy too mellow to be his render, it's too high detailed to be his model, and it's most likely not from his trailer.
Idle animation? Could be like the Ken leak where it’s an early build, which explains the awkward angle of the neck. If this is real, it’s possible they touched upon Geno’s model and animations by now.

Last edited:

Paperchampion23

Smash Champion
Which dab gif?

I remember seeing one, but its model had multiple differences, plus its textures are simple colors.

Okay then; I just hope that guy on that thread saying it was 2 days ago from that day was telling the truth.
I be the same one you saw probs. I can't find it at the moment. It was most likely 2 different people because someone definitely modeled the second one much differently. So yea, that Sassy Geno pic definitely is still a contender to be real.

I also don't think it has to be his splash/intro. That could very well just be in game and a taunt, but who knows

Shroob

Sup?
Idle animation? Could be like the Ken leak where it’s an early build, which explains the awkward angle of the neck. If this is real, it’s possible they touched upon Geno’s model and animations.
The models seems way too HD to be an in game model though.

If this were a render sure, but it's way too relaxed.

Last edited:

TyrantLizardKing

Smash Lord
I was always under the impression that this leak was of a work in progress render.
I just can't accept that pretty much all of this game's character renders have them posed in ways that express their personalities well while being visually interesting, and then you just have Banjo snarling at a smug Kazooie. It doesn't look or feel right.

Paperchampion23

Smash Champion
View attachment 170431

View attachment 170432

Is that really too detailed? He kind of looks as detailed as any in game character here tbh. It looks like a taunt to me. And if it's fake that to me seems to be what the leaker may have been going for

Potato_

Smash Lord

Have to agree about the background. At first I was considering some sort of training stage, but we know exactly what that looks like.

The background doesn't really match anything we know of, and it doesn't really make sense for it to be a splash screen for the reason you said.

It also feels really weird for a fake leaker to put that much effort into the model and screw up on leaving the background plain though.

It's the one leak that I REALLY don't know what to make of.

Shroob

Sup?
Is that really too detailed? He kind of looks as detailed as any in game character here tbh. It looks like a taunt to me. And if it's fake that to me seems to be what the leaker may have been going for
If it's a taunt, then what stage is just a sea of dark blue mixed with light blue?

I can't imagine a single stage that that would fit out of the 103 we know.

Pyra

Aegis vs Goddess
NNID
ToasterBrains
Switch FC
SW 8322 4207 9908

Ramen Tengoku

Meiniac
Switch FC
SW-6056-3633-7710
Wait, this is real? First Nintendo kills off their mascot, and now they have a ****ing axe going through his head. Nintendo's getting hardcore.
Nintendo's gonna change their name to Ninteendo
They ain't no child's play anymore

Last edited:

bbybae

Smash Cadet
View attachment 170431

View attachment 170432

Why not from his trailer? What if maybe this is the look he gives when they call his name to give him the smash envelope...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom