• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Shroob

Sup?
Yeah, initially I thought "I can find some promo art where he looks like that", and initially thought it was possible because of "Smash Face" (like the face Mario does when demonstrating Tournament Mode). But as "the render" (though, to be fair, it could be an initial design for something else, rather than the official render) it seems like an odd choice. Still, there are other things that debunk it such as freckles, misalignments, and the promo comparisons. I just wish we had more to go off if "ruffled some feathers" could be a hint as papagenos suggested as a possibility.
That's the thing.

If the guy's being truthful, we have no idea if he's pulling a jape, or he's dropping the feather thing as an actual hint.

PsySmasher

Smash Hero
Switch FC
SW 8231-8239-3130
Since were on the topic of Geno and Square Enix reps, have there been any other Square reps (besides Geno) that have had notable image leaks that haven't been deconfirmed?

Last edited:

TyrantLizardKing

Smash Lord
To be frank the only decent mural leak I've ever seen is this one:
Well-painted, proportionate, and fittingly placed. I dearly wish this was real (or at least had a source for it).

Edit: Ignore me I'm an idiot.

Last edited:

Shroob

Sup?
Well-painted, proportionate, and fittingly placed. I dearly wish this was real (or at least had a source for it).
..........I think you and me have a different opinion on what's 'decent', because that just looks like a 3d model slapped on top of the mural to me.

CosmicQuark

Smash Master
That's the thing.

If the guy's being truthful, we have no idea if he's pulling a jape, or he's dropping the feather thing as an actual hint.
That was my initial thought--the way he apologized for not thinking about the consequences and how he felt speculation was boring, makes me think it's a joke. That being said, I'm fine with assuming he's faking it for fun while also being okay with "playing his game" and speculating about it.

Fenriraga

You have the strength to overcome your destiny!
Writing Team
NNID
DarkAura
That doesn't look even remotely well painted, though.

In fact, I'm 99% sure they just posed a 3D Model of him. He looks VERY out of place, especially when you look at how stylized Sonic is.

SigmaMewtwo

Smash Journeyman
NNID
SigmaMewtwo
3DS FC
4957-6442-1100
Switch FC
SW-7484-8678-9192
I know it's been said a bit ago, but it still feels unreal that we're only 50 days out from Ultimate's release. Heck, it still only feels like yesterday that we had the August direct, and not too long ago where we knew about Ultimate in general. :laugh:

Also, I can't stop listening to the main menu music, it's too good~

TyrantLizardKing

Smash Lord
..........I think you and me have a different opinion on what's 'decent', because that just looks like a 3d model slapped on top of the mural to me.
I mean I may just be calling it that because of a different, horribly painted Shadow that was seen a while back. It absolutely clashes with the mural still, that's why I said "decent" and not "good".

EDIT: And you were right, quick google search and I found it's another Nibroc render lol. Into the trash.

Last edited:

Idon

Smash Legend
NNID
Miyamoto Iori
Switch FC
SW-4826-9581-3305
So... Do we have a consensus that those two images can be real? The quality of the second pic is very similar to the Ken one, we might have another leak here, guys.

View attachment 170434
View attachment 170435
Nope. Even if we were to assumed it was unfinished as all hell, his cape is so low-poly it's laughable and his wood texture is unfitting and honestly really creepy combined with the expressionless face.

Plus, the Ken leak had things other than a good model going for it such as the accurate replication of lighting glitches and pre-release unfinished character portraits.

Last edited:

alemerltoucanet

Smash Lord
NNID
AngrySilverBird
That's the thing.

Feathers = Red from Angry Birds confirmed for Smash.

Okay, I'm sorry. That'd never happen. Though, I am curious if Sakurai is open to having third party mobile characters honestly.

Last edited:

amazonevan19

Smash Ace
36 blog posts until the game is out.

17 characters still need to be shown off.

I'm getting so excited.
This means we're likely to get a fighter ever 36/17=2.12 days, assuming ALL characters will be BLOGGED about before release, and not counting any potentially new reveals.

Even with 3 character weeks from here on out, there's probably only 3-4 fighters left max and more likely 2 left, unless they just keep blogging about old characters for a long time...which is very possible.

TeamFlareZakk

Making Super Smash Bros a more beautiful world!
I dont think Forest Maze will be a new stage.. If Mario RPG is going to get a new stage its going to most likely be something that is most iconic to represent that game.. The most iconic stage I can think of would be Bowser's Keep, and I think thats the one they might do.. Especially because the theme is basically the Bowser theme from Super Mario 3 remixed and that would be easier to add.. Especially considering how cheap Square is with music.. We cant even get freaken One Winged Angel ffs.. Hopefully we can at least get the Culex battle theme.

Also Bowser's Keep is on the cover of Mario RPG with Mario, Peach and Bowser and is the most remember able destination in the entire game, you start there and you make your way there in the end game.

CosmicQuark

Smash Master
Feathers = Red from Angry Birds confirmed for Smash.

Okay, I'm sorry. That'd never happen. Though, I am curious if Sakurai is open to having third party mobile characters honestly.
Well, Angry Birds has the Mario connection (by ripping imagery off). :chuckle:

Though the Hitagi guy did mention a third party mobile character--I don't believe him (given his sketchiness, backtracking, and no record with Smash), but some people do so it's something to make note of.

Shroob

Sup?
Honestly, I'm a simple man.

I want to see the completed mural

I want to see everyone's stock icons

And I want to see everyone's render

They could have announced everyone 3 months in advance and had an info drought in that time and I would have been content.

CosmicQuark

Smash Master
This means we're likely to get a fighter ever 36/17=2.12 days, assuming ALL characters will be BLOGGED about before release, and not counting any potentially new reveals.

Even with 3 character weeks from here on out, there's probably only 3-4 fighters left max and more likely 2 left, unless they just keep blogging about old characters for a long time...which is very possible.
I used to believe in Blog Theory (and back in August before it was cool :4pacman:), but as they've changed their averages I'm now thinking they blog however they need to, to fit people in. They could slow down more and only have one new character to show off, or they could ramp up before release with many, or anywhere in between. It's hard to tell anymore now that it's not a consistent average.

xAquaCrystal

Smash Journeyman
As much as I want shadow in the game and I love his pose in the picture but he just stand out to much. Someone probably took a 3D model and slap him on there. It would have looked better if someone actually painted him in the same style as everyone else.

Untouch

Smash Master
The problem with scrambling through old leaks is that it assumes that the leak that's got Nintendo/The leaking community's feather's ruffled has been made public. The leaker said he doesn't know what has caused the uproar so we don't even know here.
IIRC the ESRB leak circled around the leak community first.

TyrantLizardKing

Smash Lord
The problem with scrambling through old leaks is that it assumes that the leak that's got Nintendo/The leaking community's feather's ruffled has been made public. The leaker said he doesn't know what has caused the uproar so we don't even know here.
IIRC the ESRB leak circled around the leak community first.
Based on tweets I think Warchamp's seen it at least.

TheCJBrine

Smash Legend
I thought Tansut said we've seen it by now?

Or maybe I'm not remembering what he said exactly; I do know he said it could've been a couple days to even a month ago, as he doesn't really know how recent it was.

Last edited:

SigmaMewtwo

Smash Journeyman
NNID
SigmaMewtwo
3DS FC
4957-6442-1100
Switch FC
SW-7484-8678-9192
I dont think Forest Maze will be a new stage.. If Mario RPG is going to get a new stage its going to most likely be something that is most iconic to represent that game.. The most iconic stage I can think of would be Bowser's Keep, and I think thats the one they might do.. Especially because the theme is basically the Bowser theme from Super Mario 3 remixed and that would be easier to add.. Especially considering how cheap Square is with music.. We cant even get freaken One Winged Angel ffs.. Hopefully we can at least get the Culex battle theme.

Also Bowser's Keep is on the cover of Mario RPG with Mario, Peach and Bowser and is the most remember able destination in the entire game, you start there and you make your way there in the end game.
I could see the top of Bowser's Keep as a Mario RPG stage, with Exor as a stage hazard. I could also see Star Hill as a potential one, considering it links to Star Road, where Geno himself hails from. Both of these ideas could work nicely in my opinion, though I could also see Sakurai opting for something different depending on what he deems appropriate for Geno.

Also, the problem with FF7's music is because of Uematsu holding the rights to the music more than Square itself, so he likely charges more for usage of each track by comparison. It does suck though, because I too would love One-Winged Angel for Midgar. I have faith that we would get a healthy amount of SMRPG music though, because Yoko Shimomura has composed several tracks for Smash, and Square retains the rights to SMRPG music if I recall correctly, so there really should be no issue regarding music usage for Geno.

praline

the white witch
Switch FC
6178 82674988

It’s not a leak if it’s fake, yo.

Smashoperatingbuddy123

Smash Legend
Well reminder

The guy who suposivly leaked cloud said there’s another legit leak picture that’s not the ken one and it’s probably one a while back

My wager might be the one where geno is I think rolling his eyes type of body language I believe that one was not fully debunked and not to mention Dixie and banjo as playable is involved as well

But it could really be any debunked or one that wasn’t fully debunked

Untouch

Smash Master
I thought Tansut said we've seen it by now?

Or maybe I'm not remembering what he said exactly; I do know he said it could've been a couple days to even a month ago, as he doesn't really know how recent it was.
He said he doesn't even know what leak it is, just that it's likely not Ken. (Which is a contradiction but whatever.)

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407

You know it's a deliberate design choice when he decided to pair all the three science babies within arms reach of each other.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom