• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Shroob

Sup?
Well reminder

The guy who suposivly leaked cloud said there’s another legit leak picture that’s not the ken one and it’s probably one a while back

My wager might be the one where geno is I think rolling his eyes type of body language I believe that one was not fully debunked and not to mention Dixie and banjo as playable is involved as well

But it could really be any debunked or one that wasn’t fully debunked
The Dixie and Banjo part of that leak look awful.

Pazzo.

「Livin' On A Prayer」
Small and strange hope: Mii Swordfighter still has the Chakram special.

Because otherwise how would my Mike Dawson Mii be able to miss the ring toss?

PsySmasher

Smash Hero
Switch FC
SW 8231-8239-3130
So... Do we have a consensus that those two images can be real? The quality of the second pic is very similar to the Ken one, we might have another leak here, guys.

View attachment 170434
View attachment 170435
Is it just me, or does Geno look kind of stiff in these images?
Yes I know he's a doll, but he still looks kind of stiff for a Smash game.

And that monkey face man...

TheCJBrine

Smash Legend
He said he doesn't even know what leak it is, just that it's likely not Ken. (Which is a contradiction but whatever.)
He did say he heard who the character may be, though, and that he knows it's not the Ken leak because information he's "not at liberty to divulge."

He may very well be trolling, but I dunno.

The Dixie and Banjo part of that leak look awful.
Yup, so that part is definitely fake imo.

One of the replies on that 4chan thread said the Geno image was posted 2 days ago (so August 30th; the thread was on Sept. 1st), but of course I couldn't even find that Banjo & Dixie thread on my own so I can't confirm if this is true :S

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
I think I found Vergeben #420 right here
No proof
Do I need to say it?

Welp imma say it

View attachment 170430

:p
Cause love
Okay, I'll try controversial.

Remove: :ultsnake:

Add: A Nintendog
That’s evil...no cute dog must be beaten on
Yes.
Mario is fine

TeamFlareZakk

Making Super Smash Bros a more beautiful world!
I could see the top of Bowser's Keep as a Mario RPG stage, with Exor as a stage hazard. I could also see Star Hill as a potential one, considering it links to Star Road, where Geno himself hails from. Both of these ideas could work nicely in my opinion, though I could also see Sakurai opting for something different depending on what he deems appropriate for Geno.

Also, the problem with FF7's music is because of Uematsu holding the rights to the music more than Square itself, so he likely charges more for usage of each track by comparison. It does suck though, because I too would love One-Winged Angel for Midgar. I have faith that we would get a healthy amount of SMRPG music though, because Yoko Shimomura has composed several tracks for Smash, and Square retains the rights to SMRPG music if I recall correctly, so there really should be no issue regarding music usage for Geno.
I remember always thinking Exor was actually Smithy himself when I first played this game lol

Another thing they could do is like Vista Hill with Bowser's Keep in the backround and it would have like this bridge in between Bowser's Keep and Mario's Pipehouse over a sea of death lava and Exor would come in and crash into the keep and destroy the bridge, similar to Bridge of Eldin.

Another thing and this would be the best.. Just a transforming stage of Bowser's Keep that goes from the outside with the bridge, to that inside room with the bridge over the death lava that collapses when Mario crosses it to the boss room with the chandeliers to the top with Exor, back to the beginning.

DraginHikari

Emerald Star Legacy
NNID
Draginhikari
3DS FC
4940-5455-2427
Switch FC
SW-7120-1891-0342

Looks extremely legit. :,)
I'd love to see Dragon Quest character, though it's pretty hard for me to pick a particular character from the series which is probably why I've never vocally supported one lol.

CosmicQuark

Smash Master
I thought Tansut said we've seen it by now?

Or maybe I'm not remembering what he said exactly; I do know he said it could've been a couple days to even a month ago, as he doesn't really know how recent it was.
He said he doesn't even know what leak it is, just that it's likely not Ken. (Which is a contradiction but whatever.)
Here are the relevant quotes, courtesy of N3ON N3ON :

I really don't know much more than what I said. I have a hunch as to which character it is, but I'm only volunteering what I already said.
I don't know which leak it is, but I would have to assume it was image-based to catch attention. Yes, this means that I have a decent idea of which character it is, but it's ultimately total speculation on my part because, again, I don't know which specific leak it might be. I only think I have an idea because of where I heard it from and what not.

What I mentioned originally is all I concretely am sure of. That's why I'm not being any more specific, because any specificities are just educated guesses.

So why even bring it up, you fairly ask? Because I love it when we analyze leaks. I also find the strawpolls and music/blog/box theorizing to be a little dull, so I'm trying to avoid more wheel-spinning in the thread.
How do you know it's not Ken if you don't know what leak is it?
Based on things I am not at liberty to divulge.
So if he's telling the truth (and he could be pulling our leg), he doesn't know who it is, but he has a hunch, and he knows it's not the Ken one, that is not a hunch. Though the language he uses to say why he can't say seems fishy to me.

Chumpodile

Smash Journeyman
Honestly, were it not for the face, I don't think people would be complaining as much, and even then, the face is more or less a more modern take of Geno's face, just with smaller eyes.
The hand also looks dreadful.
And the gun, it looks like it was made in 20 minutes out of a few basic cylinders.

Nekoo

Smash Master
NNID
Almazu
3DS FC
0259-0278-5162
I still think that this "so called leak" is just something we don't know, but that the higher up "circle" of influencer, YouTuber and Admin or Leaker circle saw and knows about.

Flyboy

Smash Hero
Honestly, were it not for the face, I don't think people would be complaining as much, and even then, the face is more or less a more modern take of Geno's face, just with smaller eyes.
It's the arms, the proportions, and the overall lumpiness of his body that get to me. It's so not...sleek or dynamic at all.

Plumstar

Smash Apprentice
This is off topic but do third party characters have any memory blog updates on the website? idk if this happened before or I'm just late to notice it, since Cloud is the blog update for today and there's no memory.

shinhed-echi

Smash Hero
NNID
punchtropics
3DS FC
5301-0890-0238
I'd love to see Dragon Quest character, though it's pretty hard for me to pick a particular character from the series which is probably why I've never vocally supported one lol.
I get what you mean. There's just too many, and who gets priority, anyway?
There's heroes, sidekicks, spinoff characters (Builders), monsters (ever popular Slime)

Usually people go for either Erdrick, Eight, Jade, or Slime. All good choices.

TyrantLizardKing

Smash Lord
I could buy that render if it was shown during the Smash 4 era of static poses, but most of Ultimate's renders are very alive and energetic, even the ones in more staged poses like Wolf and Ganondorf. This Geno is just...standing there, looking completely uninterested in anything.

DraginHikari

Emerald Star Legacy
NNID
Draginhikari
3DS FC
4940-5455-2427
Switch FC
SW-7120-1891-0342
There's heroes, sidekicks, spinoff characters (Builders), monsters (ever popular Slime)

I think the main thing is Dragon Quest doesn't really have a 'Cloud' or a particular character that stands out in the public eye as THE dragon quest character so it's not as simple as taking the most popular and well known protagonist because well... most of the Dragon Quest protagonist by their very nature are relatively similar characters lol.

Pyra

Aegis vs Goddess
NNID
ToasterBrains
Switch FC
SW 8322 4207 9908
What was the announcement for the bar? I was out all day
Nothing anyone knows other than them having demo booths.

Could be something interesting, could be standard e3 build, could be sneaky updated build, who knows

(spoiler alert, it'll be the e3 build)

UberMadman

Smash Lord
NNID
Psychotic_Forces
It's not just the monkey ears/small eyes; his arms are too long, and as a result, his hands are too small, notably his fingers. Also, the color of his wood looks too pale, which makes him come across as "sickly". Overall, this Geno is very off-model in a way that is inconsistent with the way Sakurai has updated characters in the past, like Mega Man for example.

Idon

Smash Legend
NNID
Miyamoto Iori
Switch FC
SW-4826-9581-3305

It's going to be Erdrick with Eight as an alt.
From 3rd parties so far, we've seen characters picked out primarily because they represent their franchise, even if they weren't necessarily the mascot.

Pyra

Aegis vs Goddess
NNID
ToasterBrains
Switch FC
SW 8322 4207 9908
I think the main thing is Dragon Quest doesn't really have a 'Cloud' or a particular character that stands out in the public eye as THE dragon quest character so it's not as simple as taking the most popular and well known protagonist because well... most of the Dragon Quest protagonist by their very nature are relatively similar characters lol.
Eight always has for me.
I didn't start playing DQ until a month or so ago with XI, and before then every time someone mentioned DQ I thought of Eight.
I started playing VIII on Saturday, incidentally.

Though if I had my choice it'd be Jade.

Last edited:

amazonevan19

Smash Ace
What was the announcement for the bar? I was out all day
It was just a smash demo

Still doesn't explain why Nintendo was being so mysterious about it though.

Who was the guy who volunteered to go to the bar? I forget...is he around?

I figure if something big was revealed the internet would've blown up by now.

TheCJBrine

Smash Legend
I'd actually like it if we got Slime, but that's just because of what I've read about him (she? it?) as I've never played a Dragon Quest game.

However, I really want Geno, and I haven't even played SMRPG yet; hoping to get an SNES Classic for Christmas.

Hoping that Geno render is for a menu or something we haven't seen, if not his CSS/normal render, if it's real.

It was just a smash demo

Still doesn't explain why Nintendo was being so mysterious about it though.

Who was the guy who volunteered to go to the bar? I forget...is he around?

I figure if something big was revealed the internet would've blown up by now.
I think the event is tomorrow, at least that's what I remember reading.

Last edited:

KingofKoopas

Smash Lord
What if this was the last Smash Bros for about.. I don't know lets say 8 years, about the lenght of a good console generation and twice as long as between this game and the last one. It'd be the longest between the any smash games (did the math someone else please show the work) but it would also be far less long feeling because of DLC. I think this would be the ideal honestly.. It would keep the franchise from getting TOO stale, itd allow Sakurai much needed rest (and possibly a chance to work on Kid Icarus Uprising 2). and itd be there until the successor to the switch is there with the switch being young and with the rumored new console being basically the ps4 pro for switch.. We still got a bit to go. Just a random stream of conciousness i had.

The Animator

Smash Journeyman
So there is a high probability that a real image was leaked, and we still don't know when the next direct is going to be. Maybe Nintendo will play their hand early before more people notice the leak or maybe we will be here the next few weeks over analyzing every stupid photo-shopped image people decide to post.

shinhed-echi

Smash Hero
NNID
punchtropics
3DS FC
5301-0890-0238
It's going to be Erdrick with Eight as an alt.
From 3rd parties so far, we've seen characters picked out primarily because they represent their franchise, even if they weren't necessarily the mascot.
It probably will be. If it's not recency Sakurai is after when considering it, then it's Erdrick. It all circles back to his story lately (Builders, and XI i think).

T3Z3R1

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-5579-0990-8199
http://boards.4chan.org/v/thread/435573767
oh uh, looks like someone claimed that he was responsible for making ken model from ken leak.

In other word, looks like dude that said there was real leak among fake leaks was totally right after all. If he knew it was that image, he wouldn't bother to say anything else about that which basically confirms it was actually fake and we got fooled so hard.

NineS

Smash Lord

There's a lot of issues with it, aside from the overall tiny head, small eyes, and oddly large ears.
Here's the Geno Mii outfit for reference:

Whereas the Mii has regularly proportioned fingers and well shaped hands, as well as clear joined and the limbs being thinner than the hands,
The leak gave him cylindrical noodle fingers on a round-cube hand that looks like an extension of the arm than an actual hand.
The Mii separated his torso into 3 segments, being the hips, stomach, and chest.
The leak gave him 2, and made one of those a weirdly short lower end, and a weirdly long and low chest.
The Mii has a unique gun with ab an actual design.
The leak cut off part of his arm, and replaced it with dark colored cylinders with a dull texture of varying sizes.

Assuming what happens with Geno is going to be like K. Rool, strongly resembling his Mii outfit.. We can use this to rule out possible Geno image leaks too.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom