• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
Come on ESRB, do what you do best and leak the **** out of this game, please.
I'd be very surprised if Nintendo didn't light the ESRB on fire after what happened last time.

Gotta imagine it's Fort Knox over there.

TeamFlareZakk

Making Super Smash Bros a more beautiful world!
So we have no idea what the "real" leak out there could be?

I feel like it has to be either:
1. something out there and not often guessed.
2. something very specific.
3. an image leak.

I cant imagine like a random "this character is in" leak causing any issue...

honestly leaning towards image leak cause i dont think nintendo usually even considered "text leaks" as real instances of something "leaking" cause its still up in the air if its true or not until we "see" the proof.

seems to be how they treat whether something "leaked" or not as far as ive seen from them, sakurai seemed to be happy with E3 cause there were "no leaks" yet we knew about simon at that point... but we hadnt SEEN him for sure.
papagenos papagenos I would like to take a moment share with you some old info from LoZ's first leak of characters.. I memorized it because I thought the characters he mentioned made alot of sense, especially the one because I felt that Sakurai would include this character because he really seems to like the Kid Icarus series

I believe Medusa is in and yes I have been following LOZ's first post that had characters on it that he did get right, LoZ's E3 leak was the one that said Medusa, Simon, King K Rool, Geno, Dixie, Bandana Dee, Mallow, Sora, Shadow, Ridley, Elma, Skull Kid, Takamaru, Goroh, and Porky were all in and that Ice Climers, Wolf and Snake would be returning and though some ended up assist trophies there was no doubt he had some sort of insider info and has gotten some of them right and he totes called the hero vs villain theme.. And this was back around E3 btw, before alot of leaks started piggybacking it.

Something I found interesting is that LoZ's leak did mention Geno and Mallow.. Maybe Mallow will be a assist and Geno will be playable, and it also said Sora was in too.

The remaining characters from LoZ's first leak are Medusa, Geno, Bandana Dee, Mallow, Sora, Elma, Shadow, Porky and Skull Kid.. Oh and course the new Pokemon.

And just recently I saw one that claimed Decidueye, Geno, Shadow, Dixie and Medusa.. This leak claimed that Ken and Incineroar were used as a trap to catch the leakers whom have been associating with Verge, which may explain why LoZ did what he could to get out while he still could.. This is also why I want to get off Verge's bandwagon because I have a feeling he might not have anymore info to share if Nintendo is on to him after leaking Isabelle.

I felt Medusa was a character that fake leakers would forget to mention and I feel that she will be in, I mean c'mon with the whole heros vs villains theme and her being the villain of Kid Icarus, the game Sakurai himself worked on, it just makes sense for Medusa to be in. So what do you think?

NineS

Smash Lord
papagenos papagenos I would like to take a moment share with you some old info from LoZ's first leak of characters.. I memorized it because I thought the characters he mentioned made alot of sense, especially the one because I felt that Sakurai would include this character because he really seems to like the Kid Icarus series

I believe Medusa is in and yes I have been following LOZ's first post that had characters on it that he did get right, LoZ's E3 leak was the one that said Medusa, Simon, King K Rool, Geno, Dixie, Bandana Dee, Mallow, Sora, Shadow, Ridley, Elma, Skull Kid, Takamaru, Goroh, and Porky were all in and that Ice Climers, Wolf and Snake would be returning and though some ended up assist trophies there was no doubt he had some sort of insider info and has gotten some of them right and he totes called the hero vs villain theme.. And this was back around E3 btw, before alot of leaks started piggybacking it.

Something I found interesting is that LoZ's leak did mention Geno and Mallow.. Maybe Mallow will be a assist and Geno will be playable, and it also said Sora was in too.

The remaining characters from LoZ's first leak are Medusa, Geno, Bandana Dee, Mallow, Sora, Elma, Shadow, Porky and Skull Kid.. Oh and course the new Pokemon.

And just recently I saw one that claimed Decidueye, Geno, Shadow, Dixie and Medusa.. This leak claimed that Ken and Incineroar were used as a trap to catch the leakers whom have been associating with Verge, which may explain why LoZ did what he could to get out while he still could.. This is also why I want to get off Verge's bandwagon because I have a feeling he might not have anymore info to share if Nintendo is on to him after leaking Isabelle.

I felt Medusa was a character that fake leakers would forget to mention and I feel that she will be in, I mean c'mon with the whole heros vs villains theme and her being the villain of Kid Icarus, the game Sakurai himself worked on, it just makes sense for Medusa to be in. So what do you think?
Wasn't Loz18 confirmed to be a sham?

Capybara Gaming

Just Vibing
Yes at around 3:54 in the full version the music cuts out and Sakurai says "Geno is in", then the music fades in again, so I understand why they didn't allow the entire thing to play.

Pretty revelatory the first time you hear it, but it gets old quick.

...are you saying this is an actual thing? Geno is confirmed?

CroonerMike

Smash Lord

This is entirely not true at all. Loz never did leak any of that nor was that leak true at all. Do research before posting

TeamFlareZakk

Wasn't Loz18 confirmed to be a sham?
Not 100% accurate, but looking back on leaks we have seen.. Alot of them tend to guess stuff, but not always 100%.. How many leaks have been 100% accurate? A very few, and it seems LoZ did have some sort of inside info so its possible some of the remaining characters that havent been seen yet from his first leak could come to fruition.

This is entirely not true at all. Loz never did leak any of that nor was that leak true at all. Do research before posting
It was a while ago.. Around E3, gone now though but I have memorized the characters that were in it.

Last edited:

Paperchampion23

Smash Champion

1. Uh, Loz never said any of that. He had access to the E3 content that's all.

2. Loz was also confirmed to be a fake trying to continue his fame post-e3.

Not 100% accurate, but looking back on leaks we have seen.. Alot of them tend to guess stuff, but not always 100%.. How many leaks have been 100% accurate? A very few, and it seems LoZ did have some sort of inside info so its possible some of the remaining characters that havent been seen yet from his first leak could come to fruition.

It was a while ago.. Around E3, gone now though but I have memorized the characters that were in it.
How about, you know, post a source?

Edit: I see no source then....

Last edited:

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
...are you saying this is an actual thing? Geno is confirmed?
Yeah it's a pretty bold move for Sakurai to opt for a spoken word segment mid-theme, I originally thought it might be a bit jarring, but it's not too bad. Clearly he cares a lot about acquiring Geno, not every character would get their own shout-out in the main theme. Not even Mario!

NineS

Smash Lord
I mean, there's always Vergeben. He's yet to get anything Smash-only wrong. The most I know of he had incorrect was the Castlevania games he said would be announced for switch when Simon Belmont was revealed, which technically isn't a Smash leak but a smash related leak. Those are games we eventually did get, even if it didn't coincide with Simon's reveal.

D

Deleted member

Disregard anything Loz said and throw it in the trash like we all did with Chrono Cross

Moon Monkey

Smash Hero
NNID
Mr.MoonMonkey
Switch FC
SW-0550-3588-6412
Unofficially official. Hinted at/heavily implied.

Also I can't stop listening to the smash menu theme, the music is infusing my eardrums with power
If that's the case i have a good feeling about getting a direct this month:

And Same, bro Same!
There was a problem fetching the tweet

TeamFlareZakk

1. Uh, Loz never said any of that. He had access to the E3 content that's all.

2. Loz was also confirmed to be a fake trying to continue his game post-e3.
He did get alot of stuff right though, no doubt about Cole.. Smash is gonna be a rocka busta tonight when Medusa lets da pigeons loose!

amazonevan19

Smash Ace
Guys now is NOT the time to be trying to reanimate the bloodied, mutilated corpse of LoZ's credibility

WE GOT A SMASH GAME OUT IN ALMOST 50 DAAAAAYYYSS

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
loz very obviously had correct info about the E3 showing/demo, but everything after that isn't worth investing in. Especially since he started deliberately spreading misinformation.

TeamFlareZakk

Good golly I hope I don’t wake up tomorrow and see the whole roster flying around on the internet.
Me too.. Thats not how I want to see the final roster revealed...

Imagine if we didnt have leaks and everything was all bt a mystery.. How would that feel looking forward to the new Smash game?

LetterO

Smash Lord
Well, things have died down a little, but I wanna make state something I think which I am willing to bet money on but not actually.

I believe Geno is the most likely character to get in so far. He has the most going for him, IMO.

doomedtacox

Smash Ace
Here are my thoughts on bar theory and a summary of it, what do you guys think?

Bar Theory is alot of stuff put together that cumulates in an event that Nintendo is hosting at a gaming bar in Montreal. Essentially, Nintendo of Canada announced a couple days ago that there is a special event that will be happening at a gaming bar in Montreal for this Thursday. People are speculating that this MAY be a viewing party for a direct or smash reveal. The evidence for it:

-People have contacted the bar, and they don't even know what game the "event" is for as Nintendo hasn't told them, but they'll know on Wednesday (presumably after a direct or something is announced for the next day).

-It's scheduled for 5PM in Montreal, which is 6AM Japan time. This is significant because most reveals are at 7AM Japan time, so this event would "start" one hour prior to the direct so that everyone has an hour to get settled in.

-This Thursday marks the 50 day mark until Ultimate is out.

-Leakypandy, who has been credible at only one thing (which is predicting when we'll have directs), thinks we'll get some news this week.

-We still have the fighter playlist update and website "new" fighter tab update, with no news since then.

-Game going gold, music being revealed, just a whole lot of moving parts in general

A counter argument is "why the heck would Nintendo announce something so significant specifically in Canada and nowhere else?" The thing is that if it's just a watch party, the reveal isn't actually taking place only in Canada. My theory is that Nintendo of Canada is the one who initiated the watch party and is organizing it (and just had to get approval from the higher ups), in this case Montreal would be one of the most logical choices. It's not like Nintendo of Canada would organize a viewing party in Tokyo or New York lol. And a gaming bar in one of the biggest cities in Canada seems like a fun venue.

Now I'm by no means saying this is a guarantee or even probable, but it's for these reasons I think it's possible. I guess we'll see in the next half a day or so if a direct is announced or not. What do the rest of y'all think?

Last edited:

KingofKoopas

Smash Lord
Me too.. Thats not how I want to see the final roster revealed...

Imagine if we didnt have leaks and everything was all bt a mystery.. How would that feel looking forward to the new Smash game?
This is as close as were gonna get to that while still having the internet.. With how much misinformation is flooding the web and a couple of click baiters spreading it around for clicks and attention, most sites being slow as molasses on reporting any of it (many would rather complain about trivial nonsense)
and everyone certain that everything is a lie... Hence why the Simon Belmont reveal was still a shock to me. Doubt.

TeamFlareZakk

Tbh, I dont need a leak to tell me Medusa is in because I'm 100% confident she will be in.. She's the iconic villain of the Kid Icarus series, just as King K Rool is the iconic villain for the Donkey Kong series and I believe she is in.

papagenos

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-0554-8947-9778

seems like too many characters honestly, also i dont think loz18 said ALL those either. Also everything after E3 from Loz18 was likely him giving out fake or highly subjective/false speculation as leaks and being inconsistent. i wouldn't hold onto anything he said too strongly now, it was very all over the place.

medusa i do think is a sleeper pick however. i do think her chances are better than most give her so i will say that.

i have also heard the "rumor" they used characters to trap people and thats why vergeben has been quiet lately, but honestly i dont buy any of that, i still trust vergeben.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom