• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Danpal65

Smash Lord
Where was the photo that shows smash ultimate went gold? (Suposivly I mean it could be a trap and be just a printed sheet of paper)
From a person associated with Nintendo who does PR. He was at a preview event and as you can see they've got copies of Smash produced, which means it's ready for production.

:ultgreninja:'d

Last edited:

Pazzo.

「Livin' On A Prayer」
Things are about to go down. I know we've said it dozens of times, but this is the one.
OCu7zWojqFA1W.gif

Arymle Roseanne

Smash Lord
Now, after all that ruckus, we can get back to analyze every fake leaks for one real leak since it was implied that we have seen real leak before then,

Here's piles of fake leaks picture
https://imgur.com/a/weDnNs2
https://imgur.com/a/43GIDfU

Be sure to analyze every detail, however most of it is likely fake. Oh and I won't be surprised if leak thread was opened just for this.
Dang people were having a lot of fun with all these fake leaks lmao.

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
So just to fully clarify in case it's not entirely cleared up yet (apologies if needlessly recapping):

The menu was screen-captured from a private event, not from leaked a copy or whatever.
Nintendo invites guests to preview events all the time, and different guests are allowed to post different things under Nintendo's embargo rules. In this case, the menu theme was allowed to be posted, but not the full version, as that would be breaking embargo. Crunchii himself was not at the event, he was just given the song to upload, as he said on Twitter.

#Anna4Smash or something bye-bye~
Yes at around 3:54 in the full version the music cuts out and Sakurai says "Geno is in", then the music fades in again, so I understand why they didn't allow the entire thing to play.

Pretty revelatory the first time you hear it, but it gets old quick.

Shroob

Sup?
So just to fully clarify in case it's not entirely cleared up yet (apologies if needlessly recapping):

The menu was screen-captured from a private event, not from leaked a copy or whatever.
Nintendo invites guests to preview events all the time, and different guests are allowed to post different things under Nintendo's embargo rules. In this case, the menu theme was allowed to be posted, but not the full version, as that would be breaking embargo. Crunchii himself was not at the event, he was just given the song to upload, as he said on Twitter.

#Anna4Smash or something bye-bye~
Are you my brother from anotha' mother? :drflip:

amazonevan19

Smash Ace
ALL HAIL SHADOW!
LET'S GO GENO!
BANDANA DEE SPEARHEADS THE FIGHT!
DOOMSLAYER/DOOM MARINE/WHOEVER THE HELL
(heh) HE IS RIPS AND TEARS INTO BATTLE!

LET'S GOOOOOOOOOO

The last month killed a lot of the hype I had post-the last Direct but all this news and music has my hype cranked back up!!

Wow... the last pages were just pure hype... and insanity... that was awesome!

I guess if someone in the future states that this board is going crazier every day, we can always refer them to 'the day Youtube crashed' as the peak of hype insanity.

Here's a gif to commemorate the moment: ;)

TheCJBrine

Smash Legend
Geno.png

So in one of the leak compilations, they said this is most likely fake because his neck is broken.

Now, I'll admit, his neck is a little odd, however if it's real, it could just be the way they have him lean his head? It'd be weird if his head leaned in place or just turned left and right stiffly...

I don't want to discard it; it's one of the best-looking leaks imo.

someone tell me to stop worrying for dumb reasons.

Last edited:

Lynn Eslie

Smash Apprentice
50 pages... over 2000 posts... but I have finally caught up.
I read every message, checked several links, watched many videos...

I did not do this because I had to. Nor because I wanted to. Only for sheer stubbornness did I complete this task... and I regret everything.

Zinith

Yoshi is Thicc in S P I R I T
All around you, awaiting to consume your soul
Switch FC
SW-4624-0132-9722
Wow... the last pages were just pure hype... and insanity... that was awesome!

I guess if someone in the future states that this board is going crazier every day, we can always refer them to 'the day Youtube crashed' as the peak of hype insanity.

Here's a gif to commemorate the moment: ;)
Moar Attack on Titan gifs plz :yoshi:

Fenriraga

You have the strength to overcome your destiny!
Writing Team
NNID
DarkAura
View attachment 170295

So in one of the leak compilations, they said this is most likely fake because his neck is broken.

Now, I'll admit, his neck is a little odd, however if it's real, it could just be the way they have him lean his head? It'd be weird if his head leaned in place or just turned left and right stiffly...

Seems like a perfectly doable head tilt to me.

It's also still the only remotely close candidate to a potential actual leak either way.

Last edited:

DooplissWizard

Smash Rookie
Not sure if people are still doing this, but:
LET’S GO, PAPER MARIO!
LET’S GO, SKULL KID!
LET’S GO, GENO!
LET’S GO, DIXIE KONG!
LET’S GO, SORA!
LET’S GO, BANJO-KAZOOIE!
LET’S GO, BANDANA DEE!

Darkraid

Smash Champion
I still predict a pokemon direct with incineroar and ken reveal this month.

Nov we will get a final smash direct covering all bases and dlc announcement

ReeseBalaski

Smash Journeyman
This is the concentrated madness I wake up too? Cool.

LET'S GO ELMA!
LET'S GO ISAAC!
LET'S GO SKULL KID!
LET'S GO SHADOW!
LET'S GO GENO!

LET'S GO GO GOOOOOOOOO!

CosmicQuark

Smash Master
View attachment 170295

I do like the leak, but that's a really low bar.

fortun8

Smash Cadet
holy moly! looks like i've missed out on some stuff during my absence. it might take a bit before i can take it all in, but things might get interesting quickly!
though, do we think any of this has to do with the upcoming hardware and things that release on November 2 (if i'm not mistaken)?

KingofKoopas

Smash Lord
So, what are everyone's expectations for tomorrow on that whole Canadian Bar announcement thing?
I'm expecting nothing.
Absolutely nothing.

But I'd completely love it if I was wrong.
On the contrary i expect it to be Smash related, but it'll Either be about GETTING Smashed, or about Super Smash Bros Bar Room Brawl

Fenriraga

You have the strength to overcome your destiny!
Writing Team
NNID
DarkAura
So, what are everyone's expectations for tomorrow on that whole Canadian Bar announcement thing?
I'm expecting nothing.
Absolutely nothing.

I have this weird feeling it'll be giving people the chance to play Mario Kart VR.

That's all.

SAMation

Smash Journeyman
I'm expecting nothing.
Absolutely nothing.

Well alone on that I'd say nothing, however with the plethora of other info we got today as far as the advertisements, the review copies, the music, etc. I'd say news is coming VERY soon. Heck, maybe the bar event might be a demo of smash and an announcement of a direct or something like that. Basically "Come play the smash demo! And while you're at it, tune in next week for a direct for more information on the game!". Would make some sense.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom