• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
TeamFlareZakk TeamFlareZakk
Pretty sure you're talking about the imgur hint leak, which was very fake. If loz had said those things, people wouldn't have entertained any of his claims very long past E3.

TheKnight

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
3539-9322-9633
Switch FC
SW-2614-3733-6607
We should turn him into a bug, then put him in the box, then mail the box to me and i'll SMASH the box! (whoever gets it first wins a cookie)
Emperor's New Groove is a stellar film.

Edit: :ultgreninja:'d

Last edited:

CroonerMike

Smash Lord
TeamFlareZakk TeamFlareZakk
Pretty sure you're talking about the imgur hint leak, which was very fake. If loz had said those things, people wouldn't have entertained any of his claims very long past E3.
I think flare is just trying to satisfy his/her needs for Medusa since all flare keeps talking about.

doomedtacox

Smash Ace
Here are my thoughts on bar theory and a summary of it, what do you guys think?

Bar Theory is alot of stuff put together that cumulates in an event that Nintendo is hosting at a gaming bar in Montreal. Essentially, Nintendo of Canada announced a couple days ago that there is a special event that will be happening at a gaming bar in Montreal for this Thursday. People are speculating that this MAY be a viewing party for a direct or smash reveal. The evidence for it:

-People have contacted the bar, and they don't even know what game the "event" is for as Nintendo hasn't told them, but they'll know on Wednesday (presumably after a direct or something is announced for the next day).

-It's scheduled for 5PM in Montreal, which is 6AM Japan time. This is significant because most reveals are at 7AM Japan time, so this event would "start" one hour prior to the direct so that everyone has an hour to get settled in.

-This Thursday marks the 50 day mark until Ultimate is out.

-Leakypandy, who has been credible at only one thing (which is predicting when we'll have directs), thinks we'll get some news this week.

-We still have the fighter playlist update and website "new" fighter tab update, with no news since then.

-Game going gold, music being revealed, just a whole lot of moving parts in general

A counter argument is "why the heck would Nintendo announce something so significant specifically in Canada and nowhere else?" The thing is that if it's just a watch party, the reveal isn't actually taking place only in Canada. My theory is that Nintendo of Canada is the one who initiated the watch party and is organizing it (and just had to get approval from the higher ups), in this case Montreal would be one of the most logical choices. It's not like Nintendo of Canada would organize a viewing party in Tokyo or New York lol. And a gaming bar in one of the biggest cities in Canada seems like a fun venue.

Now I'm by no means saying this is a guarantee or even probable, but it's for these reasons I think it's possible. I guess we'll see in the next half a day or so if a direct is announced or not. What do the rest of y'all think?
Also to add, I think that a demo may be available right after the watch party for the reveal.

Booper Blooper

Smash Apprentice
Tbh, I dont need a leak to tell me Medusa is in because I'm 100% confident she will be in.. She's the iconic villain of the Kid Icarus series, just as King K Rool is the iconic villain for the Donkey Kong series and I believe she is in.
Not trying to rain on your parade or anything, but that thinking didn't work out so well for K. Rool in Sm4sh, and what's more you seem to be comparing Kid Icarus and DK, and as much as I love KI, they're not on the same level.

I know Sakurai bias is a thing, but I feel that can work both ways, and definitely does not make Medusa a shoo-in on its own.

Scoliosis Jones

Kept you waiting, huh?
Writing Team
NNID
ScoliosisxJones
3DS FC
1762-3194-1826
Final thoughts from me for the night...I think it’s entirely possible we get a Direct announcement tomorrow with the Direct streamed Thursday.

At least, Nintendo may want to get the show on the road if the last 12 hours are anything to go by. If people are wary of leaks now, imagine the leakers...

It’s a race against the clock. Win that race Nintendo! Don’t **** this up.

TeamFlareZakk

Making Super Smash Bros a more beautiful world!
seems like too many characters honestly, also i dont think loz18 said ALL those either. Loz18 was likely giving out fake or highly subjective/false speculation as leaks and being inconsistent. i wouldn't hold onto anything he said too strongly now, it was very all over the place.

medusa i do think is a sleeper pick however. i do think her chances are better than most give her so i will say that.

i have also heard the "rumor" they used characters to trap people and thats why vergeben has been quiet lately, but honestly i dont buy any of that, i still trust vergeben.
Thanks for the thoughts, yeah until like something goes down and say Ken isnt in (not a fan of Ken personally).. Still as much as I dont like it, Verge said Ken and Incineroar and I do believe it could happen especially after seeing Isabelle.

If only Verge knew something about Medusa... Who knows maybe in time he might share something.

Last edited:

Noipoi

Howdy!
TeamFlareZakk TeamFlareZakk reminds me of me as a young lad, so sure of Ashley's chances only to have my hopes and dreams destroyed in an instant.
Not saying Medusa will or won't get in, but it's a good idea to lower you expectations.

Last edited:

NineS

Smash Lord
Thanks for you thoughts, yeah until like something goes down and say Ken isnt in (not a fan of Ken personally).. Still as much as I dont like it, Verge said Ken and Incineroar and I do believe it could happen especially after seeing Isabelle.

If only Verge knew something about Medusa... Who knows maybe in time he might share something.
Fairly confident if Verge knew something, or at least, if he was confident of something, he'd share it. That isn't to say that just because Vergeben doesn't leak a character that they won't be in. It just isn't as much of a shoe-in.

Not to mention, I could see Sakurai trying his best to restrain his bias towards his own characters, and as a result, leaves Medusa out entirely.

Last edited:

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609

NextChannelGames

Smash Journeyman
Holy ****... 20 pages in 3 hours? What happened?
Apparently some people were allowed to upload a bit of the music for the Menu Theme which we didn’t know and believed that it was a leak. Which at a few moments after the video gets posted YouTube goes down for like 2 hours...

Later on Twitter it was confirm that it’s real and some people can get the ok to post music from Nintendo.

Also, there’s a picture going around about a Nintendo affiliate with Smash Bros already on the table? Though that’s a bit off since it sounds like the game has just gotten finished.

Huge rumors about a Smash Direct announcement tomorrow for Thursday or Friday. But will have to wait and see what happens.

SmashBoards had the huge hype these past 5-6 hours... With almost 500 viewers.

It’s been a crazy day!

Here are my thoughts on bar theory and a summary of it, what do you guys think?

Bar Theory is alot of stuff put together that cumulates in an event that Nintendo is hosting at a gaming bar in Montreal. Essentially, Nintendo of Canada announced a couple days ago that there is a special event that will be happening at a gaming bar in Montreal for this Thursday. People are speculating that this MAY be a viewing party for a direct or smash reveal. The evidence for it:

-People have contacted the bar, and they don't even know what game the "event" is for as Nintendo hasn't told them, but they'll know on Wednesday (presumably after a direct or something is announced for the next day).

-It's scheduled for 5PM in Montreal, which is 6AM Japan time. This is significant because most reveals are at 7AM Japan time, so this event would "start" one hour prior to the direct so that everyone has an hour to get settled in.

-This Thursday marks the 50 day mark until Ultimate is out.

-Leakypandy, who has been credible at only one thing (which is predicting when we'll have directs), thinks we'll get some news this week.

-We still have the fighter playlist update and website "new" fighter tab update, with no news since then.

-Game going gold, music being revealed, just a whole lot of moving parts in general

A counter argument is "why the heck would Nintendo announce something so significant specifically in Canada and nowhere else?" The thing is that if it's just a watch party, the reveal isn't actually taking place only in Canada. My theory is that Nintendo of Canada is the one who initiated the watch party and is organizing it (and just had to get approval from the higher ups), in this case Montreal would be one of the most logical choices. It's not like Nintendo of Canada would organize a viewing party in Tokyo or New York lol. And a gaming bar in one of the biggest cities in Canada seems like a fun venue.

Now I'm by no means saying this is a guarantee or even probable, but it's for these reasons I think it's possible. I guess we'll see in the next half a day or so if a direct is announced or not. What do the rest of y'all think?
Oh no... We got Bar Theory now!! :crazy:

Kaeltor

Smash Apprentice
I'm hearing that the bar in MTL said tomorrow they will announce the game that will be shown and that they can't stream the event.

Anyone know if they actually said that? I don't speak French...

TeamFlareZakk

Fairly confident if Verge knew something, or at least, if he was confident of something, he'd share it. That isn't to say that just because Vergeben doesn't leak a character that they won't be in. It just isn't as much of a shoe-in.

Not to mention, I could see Sakurai trying his best to restrain his bias towards his own characters, and as a result, leaves Medusa out entirely.
And Bandana Dee too? Idk, I think both Bandana Dee and Medusa should be in for all these fans.

No...only crushed to oblivious last week (this week was only to take more cheap shots)

If anything, Sakurai Bias would go for Viridi over Medusa

Yum
Viridi? Yeah she has a Mii costume and could be in, but how would that work as a echo? She's like alot smaller than Palutena and uses elemental like moves that are nothing like Palu's moves she would have to be like a new character altogether.. Or she could end up a assist with Phosphora.. Or Sakurai bias just adds both Viridi and Medusa which would defnitely be the best case scenario.

CaptainAmerica

Smash Master
NNID
TomOfHyrule
:crazy:
This thread is moving entirely too fast right now!

I need to check out these songs, but hopefully we get to hear the roster from Sakurai before it’s all leaked.

Who’s ready for DLC speculation to start!?

———
I'm so glad I don't hype a character too much--I'd hate to be disappointed...

*looks at my avatar and my sig*
...yeeeeeah, I already know my #1 isn’t getting in...

TeamFlareZakk

:crazy:
This thread is moving entirely too fast right now!

I need to check out these songs, but hopefully we get to hear the roster from Sakurai before it’s all leaked.

Who’s ready for DLC speculation to start!?

———

...yeeeeeah, I already know my #1 isn’t getting in...
I'm saving the dlc speculation till I see the entire initial roster reveal.. Its a bit early now.

Jetsurge

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-2536-8732-7990
Tbh, I dont need a leak to tell me Medusa is in because I'm 100% confident she will be in.. She's the iconic villain of the Kid Icarus series, just as King K Rool is the iconic villain for the Donkey Kong series and I believe she is in.
Plus you know, Sakurai bias

NineS

Smash Lord
And Bandana Dee too? Idk, I think both Bandana Dee and Medusa should be in for all these fans.

Viridi? Yeah she has a Mii costume and could be in, but how would that work as a echo? She's like alot smaller than Palutena and uses elemental like moves that are nothing like Palu's moves she would have to be like a new character altogether.. Or she could end up a assist with Phosphora.. Or Sakurai bias just adds both Viridi and Medusa which would defnitely be the best case scenario.
I think you might be overlooking a few things.
I didn't say Bandana Dee. Bandana Dee is far more popular than Medusa, even if he technically isn't as important to his franchise. Including a character like Medusa from a franchise that, I love Kid Icarus so it pains me to say this, is nowhere nearly as popular as Kirby is might come off as Sakurai being biased towards his own creations. It's fine to hope, want, and push for her. But don't brainwash yourself into thinking she's guaranteed to be in, or among the likes of Bandana Dee, or even other seemingly minor ones like Marx.

As for Viridi, I believe she's still stuck in the background of the stage of the Reset Bomb Factory. That aside, no one said she necessarily had to be an Echo.

Last edited:

CosmicQuark

Smash Master
Why are so many people viewing this thread, what happened.
Some leaker from the Smash 4 era with some credibility (YMMV) said a leak from within a month was ruffling some feathers (but not the Ken one).
Menu music leaked, except it wasn't leaked but instead officially allowed by Nintendo.
Some have gotten the game from Nintendo, which means it probably went gold now.

**** met fan.

Last edited:

KMDP

Smash Legend
loz very obviously had correct info about the E3 showing/demo, but everything after that isn't worth investing in. Especially since he started deliberately spreading misinformation.
Nah, throw it all out.

Obviously, having information in the past means nothing if you lack information now, right? /s

LetterO

Smash Lord
Honestly, there's only 3 characters I can say with a straight face I expect for DLC thus far. Those being Spring Man, Rex & Pyra, and Crash Bandicoot.

Last edited:

Robertman2

IT'S HAPPENING!!!!
NNID
Robertman2
3DS FC
0259-1071-1157
Honestly, there's only 3 characters I can say with a straight face I expect for DLC thus far. Those being Spring Man, Rex & Pyra, and Crash Bandicoot.
A Bethesda character for DLC is a pretty safe bet after the Pete Hines comment

Last edited:

TeamFlareZakk

I think you might be overlooking a few things.
I didn't say Bandana Dee. Bandana Dee is far more popular than Medusa, even if he technically isn't as important to his franchise. Including a character like Medusa from a franchise that, I love Kid Icarus so it pains me to say this, is nowhere nearly as popular as Kirby is. It's fine to hope, want, and push for her. But don't brainwash yourself into thinking she's guaranteed to be in, or among the likes of Bandana Dee, or even other seemingly minor ones like Marx.

As for Viridi, I believe she's still stuck in the background of the stage of the Reset Bomb Factory. That aside, no one said she necessarily had to be an Echo.
I agree, somebody has to throw that reset bomb and tell the people on that stage the world is better off without them.. Unless Alfonse can do that, Viridi will probably still indeed be in that backround lol

Plus you know, Sakurai bias
Sakurai bias for Kid Icarus, oh its true.

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
Nah, throw it all out.

Obviously, having information in the past means nothing if you lack information now, right? /s
Sarcasm aside, if loz played his cards right people might still value his opinion.

Instead he chose gradual insanity and wringing out his reputation for that last drop of notoriety. Shame.

doomedtacox

Smash Ace
I'm hearing that the bar in MTL said tomorrow they will announce the game that will be shown and that they can't stream the event.

Anyone know if they actually said that? I don't speak French...
I've heard that as well. I'm guessing there may be a demo available in the bar, after the direct or smash announcement viewing party. And the demo portion is what they would not be able to stream. I think they've also said something along the lines of "it's a game you'll be able to play for the first time". Now on first glance that seems to rule out smash since it's already been playable, but remember this post was restricted to people from Quebec so the message is clearly for them. And I don't think there has been any smash demos there yet or even in Canada for that matter, so it would be the first time it's playable for Canadians. Just my two cents.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom