• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

SigmaMewtwo

Smash Journeyman
NNID
SigmaMewtwo
3DS FC
4957-6442-1100
Switch FC
SW-7484-8678-9192
Mega Man easily has some of the best music in Smash, and you can't convince me otherwise.

Also, that's a pretty high user/guest count there.
No doubt. The composers are going all out on Mega Man's music for Ultimate especially, each song has been great in my opinion. It warms my heart to know that we'll have loads more considering it was one of the more popular series to receive new remixes alongside Castlevania.

I'm actually going to have a hard time picking a favorite song though in My Music for Wily's Castle if most of the other Mega Man songs are of this caliber.

Llort A. Ton

Smash Lord
NNID
GamerGuy758
3DS FC
0731-5017-6481
Switch FC
SW 1185 9411 4529
Confirming you have a Smash copy a month and a half early on the internet is like wearing the priceless family watch on the wrong side of town... people are gonna try their damndest to snag some info from him 24/7 now until the game drops.

Fenriraga

You have the strength to overcome your destiny!
Writing Team
NNID
DarkAura
Last edited:

PsySmasher

Smash Hero
Switch FC
SW 8231-8239-3130
Who the **** is gonna leak them? He's an affiliate, not some random junkie off the street who's begging for fame. If they did give out physical copies, they probably know who's related to it too. It's not worth the blacklist and virtually there's no risk unless it's like how the ESRB went and someone just steals pictures from someone and posts them online.
That makes logical sense.

But people do REALLY stupid **** sometimes.

So I wouldn't be surprised if it happened soon.

Mc.Rad

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-0842-4814-1315
Who the **** is gonna leak them? He's an affiliate, not some random junkie off the street who's begging for fame. If they did give out physical copies, they probably know who's related to it too. It's not worth the blacklist and virtually there's no risk unless it's like how the ESRB went and someone just steals pictures from someone and posts them online.
Like I said... we will get leaks from retail employees who will have the game before it officially comes out. That's what happened with Odyssey and that's what happened with Sonic Forces.

AreJay25

May or May Not Be Pac-Man
So, uh... Crunchii (a music extension channel) somehow got access to Ultimate's menu theme...

He says he's unable to upload the full version. What the ****?

KatKit

Smash Lord
As unlikely as 2B would be, she'd be undeniably awesome in Smash (and any Nier songs as well). I'd prefer her over a ton of different Square reps, tbh. Just saying.

RandomAce

Smash Champion
Looks like we’re finally gonna be nearing new info. With Ultimate seeming to go gold now and all that, please end this drought.

EDIT: Oh ****, I realize that some info has been popping out, news feels close now.

Last edited:

Fenriraga

Writing Team
NNID
DarkAura
Like I said... we will get leaks from retail employees who will have the game before it officially comes out. That's what happened with Odyssey and that's what happened with Sonic Forces.
Well by the time that happens, we'll know the entire roster if Sakurai is good on his word. So besides some smaller goodies, it wouldn't be that much of a loss.

Untouch

Smash Master
So, uh... Crunchii (a music extension channel) somehow got access to Ultimate's menu theme...

IIRC there may be an embargo here, he got music for some other game before it launched (I think it was ARMs).

D

Deleted member

Man, today has actually been a really good day for Smash that ISN'T Direct related, if you ask me. Confirmation of Smash Ultimate's development being finished, Flash Man's Stage remix being REALLY ****ING GOOD, we also know the one true credible source of any hints towards characters with Spawn Wave's sources and them saying The Game Awards being prime for one...

In the words of a famous Shakespearean, Cube of Icicles, "today was a good day". :denzel:

Ramen Tengoku

Meiniac
Switch FC
SW-6056-3633-7710
Last edited:

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407

Wasn't that in a Direct, though? Otherwise that's pretty interesting.

Phobos_Anomaly

Smash Cadet
Hmm...
Out of hundreds of thousands of leaks, one is true...
This requires Detective work.
The real leak is out "suspect".
We need someone who is good at this...
...Detective Phelps, L.A.P.D. confirmed???

Dont press (X) on me fools its happening
What if….what if…....Vergeben is actually Nintendo in disguise, to eradicate all other leakers...
So that would make….this entire web site….....A LEAK. :0

:p

Tornado_Man

Smash Lord
NNID
FireMegaBuster
No doubt. The composers are going all out on Mega Man's music for Ultimate especially, each song has been great in my opinion. It warms my heart to know that we'll have loads more considering it was one of the more popular series to receive new remixes alongside Castlevania.

I'm actually going to have a hard time picking a favorite song though in My Music for Wily's Castle if most of the other Mega Man songs are of this caliber.
I might just die from the hype overload when I see them all. :laugh:

SAMation

Smash Journeyman
I really hope we get a reveal before stuff gets leaked. It's always SO much more hype to get reveal from a character trailer than for a random image or legit text leak thats like "oh yeah heres geno and banjo i guess".

Not to say that i wouldnt get hype and that im not willing to talk about leaks, its fun to speculate, but in a perfect world id rather everything be left to surprise from nintendo themselves.

Last edited:

Fenriraga

Writing Team
NNID
DarkAura

Crunchii use to be in a server with me and a small group of my close friends, believe it or not.

...He's kinda an ass. Not relevant to this in any way, just figured I'd share. :happysheep:

Crunchii has his ways. I believe he uploaded some ARMS music early too.

RandomAce

Smash Champion
Well since Smash Ultimate is done with development right now.

How many of you guys bet that he may be planning DLC characters right now? Seems like now may be the ripe time, and Rex and Pyra are probably the first being worked on.

Last edited:

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
the composer for the Flash Man remix also composed for Tekken

point in Heihachi's favor?

Untouch

Smash Master
If press stuff is being sent out this early I have a massive feeling we're getting a direct soon.

Paperchampion23

Smash Champion

So wait. Lemme get this straight:

1. An apparently known source that leaked Cloud is saying a non-ken pic leak is legit.
2. Game goes gold and has physical carts already.
3. This dude somehow had access to part of the games main menu theme.

WTF is going on today??? We better get a direct announcement tmrw for Thursday. This **** is looking dangerous

Splotim

Smash Apprentice
Wait, how does a picture of the box art mean the game’s gone gold? Am i missing something?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom