• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Idon

Smash Legend
NNID
Miyamoto Iori
Switch FC
SW-4826-9581-3305
goku because it'd amuse me

Rip Raidou
Listen unless you're an insane fanatic who downloads the Japanese rom of SMT3:Nocturne Maniax edition then fan-patches it to be in English, there's no way you're gonna play SMT3 ft. Raidou Kuzunoha from the Devil Summoner series.

Which I did, because I'm a goddamned maniac.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Does anyone think we might get a direct announcement tomorrow? If there is no announcement today. I thought Nintendo announce confirm dates a day before a direct.
I kinda doubt it. While getting the final info dump this early would be nice, I just don't really see it happening, unfortunately. I'd love to be wrong, though!

Paper_Marzio

Smash Cadet
These "leaks" are driving us to the point of lunacy. Every time one comes out, it immediately gets debunked somehow, and they don't stop coming. Barely any have looked even close to convincing at this point.
Ken Leak looks decent and has attention to detail, but honestly every image leak has been disproven in some way(Even that Japanese Window XP Karate Joe leak was disproven by miscounting blog posts)

And even with the Ken leak it doesn't even confirm anything interesting, if it's confirmed it's just an echo.

Last edited:

beans

Smash Lord
goku because it'd amuse me

Rip Raidou
is he from the new persona5 xd
I dont know nothing of the SMT lore outside of the popular Personas and that Thor bombs Japan a third time, but I've seen his design a few times and I think he looks cool.

TyrantLizardKing

Smash Lord
Food for thought: I recall Shroob Shroob speculating that the Direct could air on the 11th which would follow the pattern of the 10 day gap between site update and news. If that’s the case the announcement would happen on Tuesday then.

Shroob

Sup?
Food for thought: I recall Shroob Shroob speculating that the Direct could air on the 11th which would follow the pattern of the 10 day gap between site update and news. If that’s the case the announcement would happen on Tuesday then.
Eh, very doubtful.

Game-specific Directs are always announced anywhere from 3-5 days ahead of time.

Last edited:

KMDP

Smash Legend
Something I just thought about.

I have been seeing people say, "Trophies are probably not coming back. They haven't shown a single one". Like, as in the collectible trophies. Well, I mean, doesn't that basically defeat the purpose of Assists being Assist TROPHIES then?
I think they've held off on showing Trophies because... why bother? It's doubtful anything meaningful has changed about them.
Post characters that almost nobody but you wants in Smash
View attachment 168584
Sure, why not?

Idon

Smash Legend
NNID
Miyamoto Iori
Switch FC
SW-4826-9581-3305
is he from the new persona5 xd
I dont know nothing of the SMT lore outside of the popular Personas and that Thor bombs Japan a third time, but I've seen his design a few times and I think he looks cool.
He's part of another sub-series of Megaten called Devil Summoner.

He's a high-school detective from past Japan who's 14th in line to inherit the Raidou Kuzunoha name and be chosen by the Yatagarasu to protect the capital from supernatural threats.

Also he has the SICKEST opening of all time:

Last edited:

Paperchampion23

Smash Champion
Just gonna say I don't think the time of day really matters for a smash announcement. The last Nintendo direct was made at 11PM JST/10AM EST so I don't think it entirely matters when.

D

Deleted member

Honestly, what ends up happening is pretty much anyone's guess right now. Nintendo is not really one for patterns, even ones I've speculated on are most likely coincidence rather than something they actually keep in mind and follow when deciding when to reveal things.

The only thing I feel confident in is the Direct will probably come before the end of the first week of November. Assuming the preload goes live close to the date of the console bundle releasing (People gotta use those codes on something, right?), a Direct somewhere around Nov. 2nd would make sense, especially if part of the Direct's ending mentions a pre-load. This idea of mine works on a lot of assumptions, though, so it is by no means anything factual, and is probably very wrong regardless of my confidence. Another plausible scenario is one taking place around Nov. 12th-16th, as this timeframe also fits the mold of Nintendo having their preloads go live about 3-4 weeks before launch.

Last edited by a moderator:

Shroob

Sup?
Honestly, what ends up happening is pretty much anyone's guess right now. Nintendo is not really one for patterns, even ones I've speculated on are most likely coincidence rather than something they actually keep in mind and follow when deciding when to reveal things.

The only thing I feel confident in is the Direct will probably come before the end of the first week of November. Assuming the preload goes live close to the date of the console bundle releasing (People gotta use those codes on something, right?), a Direct somewhere around Nov. 2nd would make sense, especially if part of the Direct's ending mentions a pre-load. This idea of mine works on a lot of assumptions, though, so it is by no means anything factual, and is probably very wrong regardless of my confidence. Another plausible scenario is one taking place around Nov. 12th-16th, as this timeframe also fits the mold of Nintendo having their preloads go live about 3-4 weeks before launch.
I think the biggest question then falls on:

Why would they mess with the playlist a solid month and a half before a supposed Direct in mid November?

beans

Smash Lord
He's part of another sub-series of Megaten called Devil Summoner.

He's a high-school detective from past Japan who's 14th in line to inherit the Raidou Kuzunoha name and be chosen to protect the capital from supernatural threats.

Also he has the SICKEST opening of all time:
The only sub series of Megaten I remenber a bit is the one where teenagers in a Mad Max world get sick tatoos that allows them to henshin into Shin Kamen Rider transform into demons.
Also that boy looks really slick, goddamn.

Robertman2

IT'S HAPPENING!!!!
NNID
Robertman2
3DS FC
0259-1071-1157
Listen unless you're an insane fanatic who downloads the Japanese rom of SMT3 then fan-patches it to be in English, there's no way you're gonna play SMT3 ft. Raidou Kuzunoha from the Devil Summoner series.

Which I did, because I'm a goddamned maniac.
fan patch it to english, then back into japanese and back into english again

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
Wait, where is this coming from?
The PM thing is from 4 chan, the hour and 15 minute thing is from all the hints like the playlist update and character tag, plus when Japan starts working.

Robertman2

IT'S HAPPENING!!!!
NNID
Robertman2
3DS FC
0259-1071-1157
The only sub series of Megaten I remenber a bit is the one where teenagers in a Mad Max world get sick tatoos that allows them to henshin into Shin Kamen Rider transform into demons.
what about that one megaten subseries

where you can bang the cute teacher

D

Deleted member

I think the biggest question then falls on:

Why would they mess with the playlist a solid month and a half before a supposed Direct in mid November?
Fix a typo, minor changes, perhaps an error on someone's part, it's hard to say. I'm hesitant to bank on the playlist simply because we have no proof of it happening prior to Isabelle. If it happened for 8.8 and could be solidly proven along with happening with Isabelle, I'd probably be more open.

As for the new icon on the website, that could simply be built in functionality. Perhaps the site is designed to remove the new tag after a certain amount of time has passed? I honestly don't know on that one.

I've been behind the idea of a end-of-October Direct for a while now, however, I'm also not completely writing off the possibility of it being further ahead in November. I constantly bring up the notion the game will get a preload, but there is the possibility it may not, no matter how slim. Truth of the matter is, there isn't really anything ironclad to lock down when we should expect the final info dump. Last month was a little easier to bank on thanks to Nintendo's need to discuss NSO (I admit I was overly pessimistic when I dismissed the idea; it was very obvious in hindsight). The final Smash Direct, however, is hard. Nintendo has few, if any patterns they actually follow, and even when they do they break them all the time. I'm not dismissing the potential of October, it's still what I believe is gonna happen. However, I will also admit I don't have much in terms of evidence for why I think it will, other than how games in the past year were handled and a gut feeling.

Last edited by a moderator:

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
Guys wanna play a game?

Think of beginning and ending dialogue for any Nintendo vs. crossover fighting game whether Capcom, Sega, Shonen Jump, etc. I'll start.

Bakugou (Pre-fight): H-How can you even fight in such ridiculous shape!? You're an even bigger joke than Deku!!!! - To Blackbeard, King Dedede, King K. Rool and Wario
Bakugou (Post-fight): Do yourself a favor fatso by trying to lose all that weight, then maybe people like me will start taking you more seriously in a fight! - To Blackbeard, King Dedede, King K. Rool and Wario

Idon

Smash Legend
NNID
Miyamoto Iori
Switch FC
SW-4826-9581-3305
Oh yeah that's Digital Devil Saga aka Cannibal Adventures.
Demi-fiend's in that one...

and he shows zero mercy.

****in' he does 8000 damage attacks...
IN A GAME WHERE THE HP CAP IS 999.

Last edited:

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend

Oh, Devil Survivor.

Which raises one important question: which part of the S/MT franchise would they pick a character from first, that, the main series, Strange Journey or Persona? One wouldn't know where to begin.

Or Jack Bros, if they want to feel funny, hee-ho.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Yeah no crap. But lyrics like “oh what the heck” and “look at this ****” are uncreative. At least TRY to come up with a somewhat rhyme scheme or something. You can use the internet to do research on song writing.
Adding random cursing is usually a sign of getting lazy with meter. When you don't account for meter and your lyric falls short of the meter, some folks add profanity as lazy filler words.

Poor comprehension of meter is responsible for like 90% of the problems with video game song fan lyrics.

So if you had to add one newcomer from your favorite series, who would be?
For me,
:ultlink:: Skull Kid
:ultsamus:: Sylux
:ultshulk:: Rex and Pyra
:ultmegaman:: Zero
:ultsimon:: Alcuard
:ultpikachu:: Chandelure
:ultmarth:: Celica
:ultmario:: Waluigi
:ultlittlemac:: Glass Joe

Shroob

Sup?
Oh, Devil Survivor.

Which raises one important question: which part of the S/MT franchise would they pick a character from first, that, the main series, Strange Journey or Persona? One wouldn't know where to begin.

Considering his icon, I think he meant Persona, mostly due to said teacher is in his icon.

Idon

Smash Legend
NNID
Miyamoto Iori
Switch FC
SW-4826-9581-3305

You mean Statutory Rapersona 5? :4pacman:

Oh, Devil Survivor.

Persona if they're going for popularity appeal, SMT if they want that "history" angle.

Jack Frost/Bros if they just wanna guy that's recognizable.

Considering his icon, I think he meant Persona, mostly due to said teacher is in his icon.
The joke's that he's ignoring the obvious implication.

Last edited:

Dcas

Smash Journeyman
Why is everyone so certain we’ll get something this week?
The updates that happened in the smashbros site, the timing of 2 months between directs, that we are almost mid october without news, Pokemon game releasing next month and
The forum if there's nothing this week.

Im really preparing for the worst case scenario which is no news in october and one major direct in november, hopefully im wrong but thats my take.

beans

Smash Lord

Oh yeah I know that one,
You mean Statutory Rapersona 5? :4pacman:

Persona if they're going for popularity appeal, SMT if they want that "history" angle.

Jack Frost/Bros if they just wanna guy that's recognizable.

The joke's that he's ignoring the obvious implication.
About the character selection, I dunno if Jack Frost is really that recognizable.
If they wanted someone everybody knows I'd say we're going to get P5 MC, but you already they would go for Persona if they wanted popularity.
I'd prefer the Demi-fiend still, even tough he would be a "who?" character for a lot of people, he looks more "impactful" with his design, not meaning to throw shade in other characters design.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom