• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

CaptainMac

Smash Cadet
I have a question for Pokemon fans. Can you rank the Pokemon characters in Smash from Most Valuable to Least Valuable based on how much you like them?
Example:
Most Valuable::ultpikachu:
:ultmewtwo:
:ultlucario:
:ultgreninja:
:ultpokemontrainer:
:ultjigglypuff:
Least Valuable::ultpichu:
Pokemon Trainer
Lucario
Greninja
Pikachu
Pichu
Jigglypuff
Mewtwo

SuperSceptile15

Smash Lord
Mario fans, i got a question for ya: if you have to choose only one of these two handsome characters to be in Ultimate, which would you choose?
Geno. Fans have been asking for him for a very long time just like with K. Rool and Ridley. SMRPG was also a fun game with lots of charm, and I'd love for the Mario RPGs to get a rep. Like someone mentioned before, Waluigi will always be relevant due to his constant appearances in Mario spinoffs. Geno, on the other hand, needs Smash in order to be brought back from the dead.

I had a thought.

Wherer did you get this gif from?
It was from one of the episodes of the XY&Z saga of the Pokemon anime. Just search "sceptile dance gif" on Google Images.

osby

Smash Obsessed
You remind me of me when I was a kid obsessed with Dinosaurs.

Now i'm obsessed with Dragons.

Almost done with Linkette, Yoshette is next!
I was also obssessed with dinosaurs... also, princesses. Considering Zelda still my most used character, it seems I outgrow only one of them.

SmashShadow

Smash Champion
3DS FC
0104-0598-9588
:ultpikachu:Reason I got into smash (along with Link) and always fun to play
:ultmewtwo: My boy and the OG strongest legendary
:ultpokemontrainer: Love how they are implementing them in Ultimate + OG starter nostalgia
:ultlucario: One of my brawl mains
:ultgreninja: I like him but don't have personal attachment to him and have a hard time with his hitboxes
:ultjigglypuff: I liked her in Melee... haven't enjoyed her in any other game
:ultpichu: Cute but that's about it

Last edited:

Idon

Smash Legend
NNID
Miyamoto Iori
Switch FC
SW-4826-9581-3305
I was also obssessed with dinosaurs... also, princesses. Considering Zelda still my most used character, it seems I outgrow only one of them.
I grew up watching a lot of Dragonball, so when Future Trunks came on and sliced Frieza into little cubes before blasting him away, I think that cemented my love for SORDS.

luckily for me, Japan seems more obsessed with them than I am considering every JRPG needs some sort of legendary blade to go with em.

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794
You remind me of me when I was a kid obsessed with Dinosaurs.

Now i'm obsessed with Dragons.
I've always been obsessed with dragons and dinosaurs both. Myths and paleontology are both downright cool.
A few years back my mom actually showed me my first stuff animal from back when I was a baby and it was a dragon, so I've loved those things for almost as long as I've been alive.

My favorite dinosaur, by the way, is archeopteryx. Has been since maybe like 5th grade.

Last edited:

osby

Smash Obsessed
I've always been obsessed with dragons and dinosaurs both. Myths and paleontology are both downright cool.
A few years back my mom actually showed me my first stuff animal from back when I was a baby and it was a dragon, so I've loved those things for almost as long as I've been alive.

My favorite dinosaur, by the way, is archeopteryx. Has been since maybe like 5th grade.
Archeopteryxes are painfully underrated creatures but I don't think they are really classified as dinosaurs.

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794
Archeopteryxes are painfully underrated creatures but I don't think they are really classified as dinosaurs.
All birds are classified as dinosaurs, actually. Although archeopteryx isn't really a bird.

But anyway, from wikipedia;
Archaeopteryx (/ˌɑːrkiːˈɒptərɪks/), meaning "old wing" (sometimes referred to by its German name Urvogel ("original bird" or "first bird")), is a genus of bird-like dinosaurs that is transitional between non-avian feathered dinosaurs and modern birds.

Last edited:

YoshiandToad

Smash Hero
Mario fans, i got a question for ya: if you have to choose only one of these two handsome characters to be in Ultimate, which would you choose?

View attachment 167145
Waluigi. By a land slide.

Just like I'd prefer Captain Toad to Vivian, Toadette to Mallow, Nabbit to Tippi, etc. Just don't feel one time RPG partners should get in yet over more frequent Mario playable characters.

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794
I'll admit it, American Dragon may have been a tiny part of why I'm so obsessed with dragons today.
I'm actually a bit scared to go back and watch that show, since I know that it's not going to be even half as good as I remember it.

Charizard and Gyarados were definitely a part of it as well, which is a bit ironic considering their typing.
So is Yoshi a cartoon raptor or a cartoon t-rex?
Neither. He's a Yoshisaur, which is totally 100% a real species of dinosaur, obviously.

Last edited:

Noipoi

Howdy!
My reptile obsession is quite obviously due to Yoshi, not necessarily the other way around...
It's the other way for me. I always loved dinosaurs, and when I found out Mario could ride a Dinosaur it blew my mind.
I just finished my Yoshette, but you'll have to be patient. She's gonna be revealed once i've finished the rest.
I think you'll like it!

Last edited:

Chrono.

I have a question for Pokemon fans. Can you rank the Pokemon characters in Smash from Most Valuable to Least Valuable based on how much you like them?
Example:
:squirtle:
:ultpikachu:
:ultpichu:
:ivysaur:
:charizard:

I can't really rank Pokemon Trainer as one when I don't particularly like 2/3 of "his" moveset.

D

Deleted member

Guess I'll join in, too:

:ultsonic:: Getting it out of the way, 06, Boom, Secret Rings. **** 'em.

:ultlink:: Phantom Hourglass. It's those controls, dude... those controls!

:ultfox:: Star Fox Zero. Again, CONTROLS.

:ultike:: Fire Emblem 6. I HATE Roy. He's the weakest lord in the series and dies in one hit most of the time. He's downright useless in Melee, too.

:ultryu:: Street Fighter EX. Stiff animations, weird controls for a 3D fighting game and what even IS Ryu's Tatsumaki in this game?

:ultmegaman:: If the X games count, X7. That game literally drove me up the damn wall with it's slow gameplay, terrible voice acting and Flame Hyenard. Just...Flame Hyenard.

Last edited by a moderator:

MasterOfKnees

Space Pirate
NNID
KneeMaster
Switch FC
SW-6310-1174-0352
Example:
:ivysaur:
:4charizard:
:squirtle:
:ultpichu:
:ultpikachu:

Venusaur is my favorite Pokémon, so naturally I have a huge affinity towards both Ivysaur and Bulbasaur aswell. Really wish I could play Ivysaur solo, because I also love its moveset aswell.

Jigglypuff is who really got me into Smash, as a kid I absolutely loved her in the anime, so it was a big reason for why I kept coming back to the game at a friend's house, which lead to me getting the game myself, and I haven't looked back since. What goes around comes around and she ended up being my main in Smash 4 aswell.

For the rest of it you can see I have a lot of bias for Gen 1. Lucario is the only one who I hate playing though, other than him Pokémon characters tend to be quite fun.

Dukemon

Smash Apprentice
The SSBS Videos from E3 and so on are very boring. Most of them have the same setup. FinalDestinatio or Battlefield, Items will be ignored, because you cannot turn them off. That is not fun to watch Smash Bros to me. Either on Invitational nor normal Demo stations.
In general I am wondering why there are no Gamescom Videos from the Demo. E3, PAX or the British version there are videos from, but not from the gamescom.

I wish Nintendo would bring the Demo into the eShop that everyone now can try it out with more variety

Vasculio

Smash Cadet
I just need these characters and i'll be content. Okay, i will be content with Ultimate regardless. But still... i need them...

Black Shadow
Black Knight
Geno
Isaac
Medusa
Shadow the Hedgehog
Elma

Noipoi

Howdy!
I finished all my pictures of the original 8 wearing Super Crowns!
I'll post them later today because i'm super tired and I just made 8 drawings in rapid succession...
I can't wait for you all to see them!
Ciao!

CaptainAmerica

Smash Master
NNID
TomOfHyrule
Example:
:squirtle::mewtwopm::charizard::lucario::ivysaur::pikachu2::4greninja::pichumelee::jigglypuff:

I'm so stoked for the trainer. I really think they best represent the franchise, considering it's all about switching to get the advantage on your opponent. Also Squirtle is unquestionably the best.

Gothitelle

Smash Journeyman
Example:
:squirtle: > :ultlucario: > :ultpikachu: > :ivysaur: > :ultmewtwo: > :ultpichu: > :ultjigglypuff: > :charizard: > :ultgreninja:

For whatever reason, Greninja just never appealed to me. Especially weird, given that (if you couldn't guess by Squirtle's position) I typically pick water Pokemon. Gen 6 was the only time I didn't, going in favour of Fennekin.

Iko MattOrr

Smash Champion
NNID
Iko_MattOrr
You know, I would like a Kamek assist trophy (specifically the Yoshi's Island kamek).
It would fly with the broom, charge with it at players, and shoot magic bullets. At random it can either: call a bunch of toadies who try to kidnap a character transporting it out from the screen (you can free yourself by mashing buttons but it's random and depends on your %), or use magic on the character who summoned it, giving it the "giant" status (the one from the classic mode, it's bigger and more powerful than the mushroom).
If a player manages to hit Kamek from the broom, Kamek will fall on land and start to fight regularly: the buffed character will lose the buffs with a flashy effect inspired by Yoshi's Island.
On land, Kamek shoots magic bullets and teleports, though it can be defeated regularly, and it's pretty weak once landed.

I feel like Kamek is not suited for being a playable character, but an assist trophy like this would be epic.

Willven

Smash Rookie
Talking about the new nintendo ip Dragalia lost. Is it possible to see a character from this ip in a future dlc ?

I would personally like to have springman and Rex as Dlc btw.

osby

Smash Obsessed
Talking about the new nintendo ip Dragalia lost. Is it possible to see a character from this ip in a future dlc ?

I would personally like to have springman and Rex as Dlc btw.
I want those two as well. SpringMan has a fun design and strechy powers and Rex just feels like an interesting fighter choise. Elma would also be interesting.

Aside from them... maybe Dillon? He's really cool.

EDIT: Btw, does anyone knows what this 'pranked' thing is?

Last edited:

Frizz

Will Thwack You At 0%
You know what should return in Ultimate? That little "clang" sound effect when swords clashed together back in Melee. That was a nice touch. Does anybody know what I'm talking about?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom